VULVULAR CYSTS?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

VULVULAR CYSTS?

Hi. I have since I was 5 years old had vulvular cysts, or at least what I think are them. As an adult, I get them the week prior to my period generally. I get at least 1 or 2 a month, or there are some months when I will have up to 5 or 6 at a time. I am prone to cysts period! Everywhere! I find keeping them dry with baby powder seems to help, as well as changing my underwear frequently. They are painful. My doctor has swabbed them before and they have come back as nothing. My mother has also had a few of these in her life time, as well has one of my sisters. They say cysts run in families.

However, my 16 year old sexually acitve neice has come to me concerned because she has what appear to be canker like sores, much like what I have, and they are on her vulva as well. She is in a lot of pain. She went to the hospital one day and had them tested. The nurse said they looked like herpes. The doctor said not likely because they are on the inside of the lips. She is really freaked out and has to wait 2 weeks to find out.....I told her about the unexplained vulvular cysts I have always had.....I told her to keep them dry and change her underwear frequently....the doctor gave her herpes meds just in case.....her boyfriend is from another country and just came to Canada like two months ago. He says they make people coming to live in Canada go through health checks and he was tested for STD's and that it came back negative. She has been tested for STD's in the past six months and was negative. But now there is this outbreak of canker like sores.....so my first question is: What could cause vulvular cysts in my case? My husband and I were virgins when we married and have never been with anyone else since. My husband does not have any rash or sores. QUESTION 2: What could be causing my neices? Is it possible she is just having a genetically predesposed vulvular cysts condition?   QUESTION 3: Do they really do STD testing to allow you to enter Canada to live? I think that especially I want answered to be sure he is telling her the truth....

HELP!
KTowne Hellllo 17 weeks! :) Comment
19 mins ago
specialmom commented on Saw the babies again ...
1 hr ago
Risa615 commented on Saw the babies again ...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals