Vaganal Discharge

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Vaganal Discharge

I have a vaginal discharge sometimes, and its always diffrent. I was told by my mother that I have high yeast in my body and thats why i get yeast infections, but, I dont know what to think. Sometimes its tacky, sometimes its clear, sometimes its really really dry, sometimes it smells BAD!! Sometimes it smells like yeast. It acts up when i have sex also. Please someone tell me what to do. Im to broke to go to a doctor.
Avatar n tn
Honestly, I don't think it would be at all safe or smart for you to try to do anything about it without seeing a doctor. You can always go to your local free clinic/planned parenthood place and get an exam and diagnosis, or do like I used to and go to your local walk-in clinic. At most of those, an office visit is $50-$75, and then if they have to do any lab work that could cost extra. But if you explain to the doctor your financial situation before you get started, they can usually work with you on that stuff and will often give you samples for your meds.

But you should really get examined by a doctore before ever trying home remedies when it comes to this stuff!
I don't know where you live but in NYC the clinics are completely free and confidential.  But if you have health insurance you might want to visit your normal gynecologist, that is if you don't mind you mother knowing.  But the way you described your relationship I am assuming you are open about your vaginal discharge with her.  Have you ever considered it may not be yeast?? I could be bacterial vaginosis which would not be treated by any yeast medication.

It is often very identifable due to the smell.  Especially after sex is when the smell is most noticable.  And considering you are sexually active you would be susceptible to aquiring it.  It is not sexually transmitted but poor hygiene after and before sex can be attributed to getting.  And some women and just susceptible to certain vaginal infections.

But so you know most women have a natural discharge, usally natural to their own body's.  But if it is smelling and is changing in consistancy and texture I recommend you see a doctor to just get things cleared up.  I doesn't sound like an STD, but you didnt mention whether or not you use condoms.
KTowne Definitely starting to feel... Comment
Shannon79 commented on renae176's status
MH Community Mgr commented on Bubulous's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals