Vagina bald spot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vagina bald spot

I notice one day after getting out the shower that i have a small bald patch in the middle of my vagina. It just look weird and its bothering me b/c im wondering if its going to grow back! I do shave and im wondering if this can be the cause???
It can be due to fungal infection or tinea infection which has caused a localized hair loss. Shaving may be responsible for this. Keep a check for a few days. If the bald patch increase then get it evaluated from a dermatologist and get a KOH examination of the skin scrapings done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.