Vaginal Air Farts
I have a very embarrassing thing that happens all the time. I will just be walking around or standing, usually at work and I will have loud farts come out of my vagina, they have no smell, pain or discharge. I have never been pregnant or had a hysterectomy so that can't be why. Do you know why this happens and if there is anything I can do about it? I am 43 years old and usually only have sex 2 to 3 times per month but the air farts never occur during sex or after.
First of all don't feel alone it does happen to other women, and yes, it can be embarrassing! It is called a "queef" and they occur when air gets into your vagina during arousal, penetration, and even exercise. During arousal, the vagina lengthens and the uterus moves, creating more air space. Often, the "fart" occurs when the walls of the vagina and uterus return to their unaroused positions. Extra lube may make the difference. Hope this info helps.