Women's Health Community
Vaginal Air Farts
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vaginal Air Farts

I have a very embarrassing thing that happens all the time. I will just be walking around or standing, usually at work and I will have loud farts come out of my vagina, they have no smell, pain or discharge. I have never been pregnant or had a hysterectomy so that can't be why. Do you know why this happens and if there is anything I can do about it? I am 43 years old and usually only have sex 2 to 3 times per month but the air farts never occur during sex or after.
Related Discussions
1271743_tn?1320896061
First of all don't feel alone it does happen to other women, and yes, it can be embarrassing! It is called a "queef" and they occur when air gets into your vagina during arousal, penetration, and even exercise. During arousal, the vagina lengthens and the uterus moves, creating more air space. Often, the "fart" occurs when the walls of the vagina and uterus return to their unaroused positions. Extra lube may make the difference. Hope this info helps.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...