Vaginal Allergy to husband's penis?
Is there is such thing as being allergic to your husband? We're recently married (4 years)-- he's 54 and I'm 51 years old. I've never had problems with intercourse and in the first two years of our marriage, we had no problems with intimacy. However, about 2 years ago, I started noticing pain with intercourse and only certain positions seemed to alleviate the pain. The pain has become increasingly worse so that we've only had intercourse twice in the past 3-1/2 months (as opposed to at least twice a week previously) because it is so painful. The last time was so bad, I could not orgasm. I am seeing my doctor about this but have not had any luck with several different doctors. My latest test indicates that the vaginal walls are extremely irritated and red. A gynocological exam could not be completed because of the "ripping" feeling I have with entry... in this case, the speculum. I've read one site that suggests that women can become allergic to their partner's semen-- the protein apparently. Has anyone else ever heard of this? Any ideas or suggestions? We are so frustrated
Yes, I have heard of it. You can be allergic to semen. I am not a doctor, but I think it could also be other things as well. Is that your only symptom? Is you cycle normal? Are you in good health?  After the exam, what did the doc say??
Sorry to say this sounds like a common side effect of menopause. Are you menopausal yet? I am but I can't seem to find an OTC lubricant that agrees with me. Most of them cause me to itch and swell, a typical allergic reaction. My doctor recommended some hormone ring that is worn internally. Somehow it helps with the thinning tissues and dryness that come with menopause. Just a thought.
I think you may have interstitial cystitis. The pain when he enters you may be from an inflammation from the internal part of your urethra. Only a uroscopy (like a colonoscopy but instead up the urethra) will be able to confim that possibility. Have you ever had a bladder infection or do you always make sure you urinate after lovemaking? Is it also painful when you pee? IC is a serious problem if not treated because the inflammation can get worse and affect your sex life.

Try to make sure your pee is never bright yellow- ie drink tonnes of water and dont wear tight pants or underwear. That should help. Try to use lubricant (KY is the best) and being on top is the best position it seems.

If the pain is left after a "break" from having sex then it is probably an inflammation problem. Go see a doctor and ask for an investigation into IC and also a pelvic exam and ultrasound if you can. Just to be sure.

Also  I have heard of women who have pain during intercourse because they are so stressed that their vaginal wall muscles cramp up during penetration. That's a psycho-spiritual issue which you and your partner could talk about-to make sure you are the most relaxed and lubricated before penetration.

Allergy to sperm is also a definite possibility...I think you can get tested for that too.
My wife has many of the feelings that you mention above except she is 32 years young so menopause is out of the question.   She has had irregular periods in the past and with her latest BC she is regular in that area.  But still pain endures during inter course. She's been to a few gynecologist and they had nothing for her.  I like that you suggested to have an allergy test done. God help if it's me!   We've been together for 9 years and she told me the other day it's hurt since we first hooked up those many years ago.  Sadly this issue has driven a wedge between us and now we are trying to mend our love life back and in hopes that will make us a happier married couple.

My thoughts were inflated body part or something, but no doctor has been able to figure it out.   A topic not really spoken about in the world.  

If it is my semen is their a way to change it by diet? I know her to have only pollen and be sting allergies. Help!!