Vaginal Bleeding after Bowel Movement

I am 44 years old, I am not pregnant, I am overweight and I just started experiencing vaginal bleeding during bowel movements. The blood is bright red, but it not overly heavy, I would describe it as being moderate. The bleeding does not last long. It started about 3 days ago and so far it happens just about every time I have a BM.

I am close to having my period this month, it should start in about a day or two.

I am not in any pain nor do I experience any burning sensation.

I hate to admit it but I cannot go to a doctor because I do not have health insurance nor money to pay for a visit. I have always treated myself with vitamins, herbs and minerals and up until now I have been fairly healthy.

Any suggestions or advice would be GREATLY appreciated?

Thank you,

Nadia700
I too have been having vaginal bleeding with bowel movements for about a year now. went to the doctor had the uteine bx, ultrasound.  Though I had a polyp but it wasnt on one on a bx. the bleeding use to be about 1 week prior to my monthly cycle, but this monh my cycle was only 2 1/2 days (before been 5-7 days), and a week after my period the bleeding has started.  My mother has had colon ca, but I dont have any s/s of that.  
Iam a nurse to and havent heard of this problem from any of my patients, so I am finding comfort in knowing I am not the only one with this going on.
I dont think I am pregnant, and had a miscarrage but I just dont know what to think anymore..
Thanks, and any help would be great.
hi.. ive started having problems in the area too.. mostly bleeding after a bowel motion.. red and then a little bit after turns brown.. i had my last period on the 22nd november and finished it by the 27th.. then 4 days later started to have the after bowel motion stuff and now its daily.. i feel bloated and like i have to wee all the time.. it definatly comes from my vagina.. my spear i had last month come back fine. and and ultrasound showed i had a small fibroid in my uterus.. i had period problems over 12 months ago and july last year had a d & C and endoscopy thingo and the tests from that came back fine.. i have doctors appointment tommorrow to see what the go is.. does anyone have a similar problem..