Vaginal Bleeding after Bowel Movement

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vaginal Bleeding after Bowel Movement

I am 44 years old, I am not pregnant, I am overweight and I just started experiencing vaginal bleeding during bowel movements. The blood is bright red, but it not overly heavy, I would describe it as being moderate. The bleeding does not last long. It started about 3 days ago and so far it happens just about every time I have a BM.

I am close to having my period this month, it should start in about a day or two.

I am not in any pain nor do I experience any burning sensation.

I hate to admit it but I cannot go to a doctor because I do not have health insurance nor money to pay for a visit. I have always treated myself with vitamins, herbs and minerals and up until now I have been fairly healthy.

Any suggestions or advice would be GREATLY appreciated?

Thank you,

Nadia700
I too have been having vaginal bleeding with bowel movements for about a year now. went to the doctor had the uteine bx, ultrasound.  Though I had a polyp but it wasnt on one on a bx. the bleeding use to be about 1 week prior to my monthly cycle, but this monh my cycle was only 2 1/2 days (before been 5-7 days), and a week after my period the bleeding has started.  My mother has had colon ca, but I dont have any s/s of that.  
Iam a nurse to and havent heard of this problem from any of my patients, so I am finding comfort in knowing I am not the only one with this going on.
I dont think I am pregnant, and had a miscarrage (miscarriage) but I just dont know what to think anymore..
Thanks, and any help would be great.
hi.. ive started having problems in the area too.. mostly bleeding after a bowel motion.. red and then a little bit after turns brown.. i had my last period on the 22nd november and finished it by the 27th.. then 4 days later started to have the after bowel motion stuff and now its daily.. i feel bloated and like i have to wee all the time.. it definatly comes from my vagina.. my spear i had last month come back fine. and and ultrasound showed i had a small fibroid in my uterus.. i had period problems over 12 months ago and july last year had a d & C and endoscopy thingo and the tests from that came back fine.. i have doctors appointment tommorrow to see what the go is.. does anyone have a similar problem..