Vaginal Bleeding
I am 42yrs old, still sexually active, but for over a month now i have been bleeding lightly-continously. When I am expecting my period, all the symptoms are the same but the flow is different...its light-the total opposite of the norm...any suggestions, comments, recommendations will be helpful?
Hi there and welcome.  ugh, I'm sure constant bleeding/spotting is a pain.  I'm in my mid 40's and the period does change a bit as I get closer to menopause.  however, it actually gets heavier which is the normal pattern for women.  You are having breakthrough bleeding.  I would absolutely get an exam and determine why.  They'll do a panel of your hormones to see what is off as it is most likely a hormone imbalance.  I know that too little progesterone can cause month long light bleeding for example.  so, see your doctor and they should be able to get to the bottom of it dear.  peace and luck
Thank you...i'm assuming its menopause...but will try and see a doc soon...thanks again!!