Women's Health Community
Vaginal Concerns
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vaginal Concerns

I am 22 years old. have been sexually active for about 8 years or so. Yes, I started young, not too proud of it. I had quite a few partners in the 8 years I have been having sex. I have had and treated chlamydia twice. My concerns are: a weird smell coming from vaginal area, clumps of discharge sometimes a lot sometimes a little bit to none and is of a white or yellowish color and kinda like yogurt texture, this is embarrassing, also every once in a while it itches really bad and usually after itching becomes raw and inflammed and burns when I pee. I dont itch until it is raw just a lil scratch here and there. I have tried topical creams, from betamethasone to vagisil and monistat, and i have tried antibacterial soaps and keeping the area dry and  clean. I am not a dirty person and I have had only one partner in 2 years. The smell and discharge are wat worry me the most. I went to the hospital for excruciating stomache pains and got a pap smear and other std tests and they all came back negative. i am worried that the test may have been done wrong or there wasnt enough there to register on the test and i dont want to pass anything to my partner. im thinking it is just a bacterial infection of some sort and strong antibiotics will help. im just looking for some advice on my next step before i go to the doc. HELP!!