Vaginal Concerns
I am 22 years old. have been sexually active for about 8 years or so. Yes, I started young, not too proud of it. I had quite a few partners in the 8 years I have been having sex. I have had and treated chlamydia twice. My concerns are: a weird smell coming from vaginal area, clumps of discharge sometimes a lot sometimes a little bit to none and is of a white or yellowish color and kinda like yogurt texture, this is embarrassing, also every once in a while it itches really bad and usually after itching becomes raw and inflammed and burns when I pee. I dont itch until it is raw just a lil scratch here and there. I have tried topical creams, from betamethasone to vagisil and monistat, and i have tried antibacterial soaps and keeping the area dry and  clean. I am not a dirty person and I have had only one partner in 2 years. The smell and discharge are wat worry me the most. I went to the hospital for excruciating stomache pains and got a pap smear and other std tests and they all came back negative. i am worried that the test may have been done wrong or there wasnt enough there to register on the test and i dont want to pass anything to my partner. im thinking it is just a bacterial infection of some sort and strong antibiotics will help. im just looking for some advice on my next step before i go to the doc. HELP!!
Yes, what they should do is called a "wet mount". This simply involves taking a large q-tip and wiping it through your vagina, The q-tip is then placed in a test tube that contains a small amt of normal saline. Your sample is then placed on a slide and then viewed under a microscope. It is EASY for the trained eye to see yeast, bacteria, etc. If a doctor just "assumes" you have a bacterial infection and treats you with antibiotics, you will end up with a horrific yeast infection. Yeast produces the clumps and severe itching. Bacterial infections do not typically itch.