Vaginal Discharge - White Dry Clumps
Just a little background first....

In dec 2004 I began yasmin with a one month break in march 2005 b/c I ran out of my prescription. I restarted taking them in april 2005. Starting in march 2005 up until now, I began to get a lot of yeast infections. It coincided with the time I started having sex with my new boyfriend leading me to think that perhaps it was the condoms we used. However, after trying several types of condoms and even no condom at all I still kept getting the infections. I even gave him a dose of diflucan (whicy my obgyn prescribed) in case we were passing it back and forth.

Recently i've begun to believe that maybe it's the yasmin causing the infections. In the past I had always taken triphasic pills like ortho tri cyclen or ortho novum 777 so yasmin was a change for me. I stopped taking yasmin a few weeks ago (when I completed my last pack) but since then i've been getting a dry white clumpy discharge with no itching and no odor. As a precaution, i've also taken a weekly dose of diflucan for the last 2 weeks.

Is this discharge normal? Or could it be another form of yeast infection w/o the itching?
Could be .. but i have been having "issues" with Yasmin pill too.  A lot of clear watery discharge..To the point where i am thinking of going back on the patch.  I have a question for you... is Yasmin considered a low dose pill??? Call the dr and have them do a culture on you.  they can tell what it is

let me know what your thoughts are on the yasmin though

talk to you soon

lisa
I had a lot of yest infections while I was on Yasmin and as soon as I changed tehey generally stopped until now...but I believe that is for another reason.  Ask to have your pill changed, it worked for me when nothing else did.
Hey Lisa,

I found this info on a website.

In general, "low dose" birth control pills are those that have 35 micrograms (mcg) or less of an estrogen (usually ethinyl estradiol). "Ultra low dose" or "very low dose" pills are those that have the lowest amount of estrogen in a birth control pill or 20 mcg (0.02 milligrams or mg).  The 20 mcg estrogen dose is sufficient for contraception, but pills with this so-called ultra low estrogen dose of 20 mcg are associated with more spotting and breakthrough bleeding than pills containing 30 or 35 mcg of estrogen. There are no ultra low dose triphasic pills. There is also one birth control pill that contains NO estrogen (Micronor contains 0.35 mg norethindrone and is manufactured by Ortho-McNeil). This would be suitable for nursing mothers or for those who cannot take estrogen because of a contraindication.

Examples of the "ultra low dose" birth control pills on the market include:

Alesse (contains 20 mcg ethinyl estradiol and 0.1 mg levonorgestrel; manufactured by Wyeth)

Mircette (contains 20 mcg ethinyl estradiol and 0.15 mg desogestrel; manufactured by Organon)

Examples of the "low dose" birth control pills on the market include:

LoOvral (contains 0.03 mg ethinyl estradiol and and 0.3 mg nogestrel;  manufactured by Wyeth)

Nordette (contains 0.03 mg ethinyl estradiol and 0.15 mg levognorgestrel; manufactured by Wyeth)

Ortho-Cept (contains 30 mcg ethinyl estradiol and 0.15 mg desogestrel; manufactured by Ortho-McNeil)

Cyclessa is the first triphasic oral contraceptive with an estrogen dose as low as 25 mcg; the graduated progestin (desogestrel) doses are 0.1, 0.125, and 0.15 mg in weeks 1, 2, and 3, respectively.

Yasmin (manufactured by Berlex) is a relatively new oral contraceptive containing 30 mcg of estrogen and 3.0 mg of drospirenone, a novel progestin that is more similar to natural progesterone. Yasmin has been associated with improved acne and seborrhea (excessively oily skin) as well as an improved sense of well-being. Yasmin appears to offer better weight control by reducing water retention. Women with liver, kidney, or adrenal problems should not take Yasmin because there is a risk of potassium levels becoming dangerously high. Yasmin also may not be appropriate in the presence of several other drugs, including certain over-the-counter pain relievers, potassium sparing diuretics, potassium supplements, ACE inhibitors, and angiotensin-II receptor antagonists.

Hope this helps.

Raquel
I also have problems with Yasmin. I've developed a white watery discharge that I'm sure is related to Yasmin. I took Triquilar for 10 years and then moved to Europe. They do not make the equivalent that I was taking so I switched to Yasmin because my Gyno told me it was very  light.  However, ever since I switched I've been having the discharge.  It's not heavy and odorless, but it's really annoying to have wet undies!  My Gyno told me to take Miphil (Metrogel) and ****** with Edenil, but I can't keep doing that forever since it's not going away.  I stopped Yasmin for 3 months and the discharge went away.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a pill that would be better for me?  I'm 31 and in good health.  Thanks.