Vaginal Discharge Discolours my Underwear
I am 18. I don't know whether its normal, I'm pretty sure it's not. I know vaginal discharge is acidic, but this doesn't really make any sense to what's happening to me. After washing my underwear, I have noticed that where vaginal discharge has touched my underwear, there are discolourations to my underwear. It looks as if it has bleached my underwear as my knickers are different colours, and where it has touched the discharge it has turned the knickers yellow/white. And the colour of the knickers has literally been taken out. The colour of the underwear is not fading anywhere else, it is just where discharge touches. Therefore I am spending a fortune buying new underwear frequently as it is slightly embarrassing to where them with discolourations to my boyfriend's house!
Surely if the discharge is "bleaching" the underwear, it would be alkaline, rather than acidic?! Or am I just confused.
Please help!
i am having the same problem! i've also noticed that my discharge smells like ammonia and i have no clue what it could be
OMG!  I am having the same issue.  The discoloration and the ammonia smell.  It seems like it started pretty recently.  Do either of you happen to have an IUD?   I thought maybe that would be where it comes from.  Does anyone know how to help this?
I'm only 14 and I have the same problem..
I have been having this same problem for years and I am only 20. I have been to many doctors and nobody knows what is wrong. They do swabs and nothing ever shows up. I don't know what to do but I hate it. If anyone knows what this is please let me know.
Hey my girl seems to be having the same problem and the doctor she is seeing said it is mostly normal and has something to do with the OH balance of her body.
PH"
Hey yeah I'm having this problem as well! I'm 16, a virgin and I've had  this since puberty! it's mortifying when my parents wash my underwear. hmmm I wonder if it is the ph... am I old enough to go to an OBGYN? Are they in hospitals or medical centers or independent?
I'm always so embarrassed, any advice?
you are always old enough for an obgyn.  they can help diagnose cancer and all sorts of other problems so never be afraid to go.

I too have had this problem with the discoloration.  Hope someone gets an answer soon :(
I have this issue and just tested positive for a urinary tract infection. My obgyn thought it was bacterial vaginitis, but after taking metrogel, the issue was still there. I went to a minute clinic and convinced the nurse to do a uti test. Although I didn't have the normal symptoms, the test showed that I did in fact have a uti.
I have all of these symptoms....bleached undies and strong smelling discharge. I am also very prone to UTIs and I have an IUD. Next time I go see the doctor I am definately talking to him about it.
I am 18years old I have that same thing is it normal because I know its something it smell like armonnia sometimes r something dead this make me don't want to go out
I am in my thirties and have had this issue for as far back as I can recall. I seem to have excessive discharge and it removes colour in dark panties and stains white ones yellow. I am not sure what the issue is, but I have been told that vaginally, I am basic when most women are acidic. I was told to try an over-the-counter medication that helps balance out the PH levels, but after taking the medications, I still find the same issue. I have an IUD in place and I am being tested for a UTI, so maybe that will finally solve my dilemma. I hope you can all find out what your issues are also.
I have had the same issue. Try eating more yogurt also a lot of pineapple. This won't make the issue stop completely but it does help. Also, 2 showers a day won't cut it. Try 3. Another thing that helps a lot is use baby whips to whip after you pee. Only use toilet paper for the other purpose. This will eliminate that issue.