Vaginal Discharge?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vaginal Discharge?

I hadn't gotten my period for roughly two months, and I figured it was because school had just started and I was stressed out. I was planning on waiting another month before asking my mom about it. Then I got my period (Hooray! No awkward trip to the doctor!) It was quite a bit heavier than normal and came with more back aches/ other symptoms than usual. It lasted the normal length of time, but one day I was changing to a pad to go to bed (After wearing a menstrual cup for around 10 hours) and noticed that the blood/discharge was VERY dark brown. Much darker than when it's just old blood. I also noticed it smelled kind of foul. I was at my dad's house, so I kind of hoped it was just the last of my period and figured I'd wait and tell my mom when I got to her house. The next day, the menstrual cup had a kind of watered down, light brown discharge in it that still smelled a little off. I was getting confused. Today was my last day at my dad's and I had school, so I wore a tampon, even though it probably wasn't my best idea. I changed it around 3 pm to find that it had a light brownish discharge and smelled slightly bad (again). When I removed my tampon to switch to a pad for bed (because I don't know how heavy the flow of this discharge stuff will be I wanted to wear a pad just in case) there was discharge, but it was kind of a faded neon yellow. It still had the same smell and was very sticky/stretchy. I have experienced NO discomfort or itching, so I don't know what to think! I'm going to my mom's house tomorrow, but I was hoping for some ideas before then! Thanks
The cause of irregular periods could be due to hormonal imbalance, stress, chronic illness, polycystic ovarian disease, thyroid gland disorders or diseases, pituitary gland tumors or cyst, galactorrhea, prolactinomas etc. You should consult a gynecologist and get examined and investigated as soon as possible to know the exact cause of all these episodes.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.