Vaginal Discomfort Before and After period!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Ok, so about a year an a half ago, I had a yeast infection. I took monistat for it but im not completely sure but i may have not tooken the last one. i continued to have sex after the symptoms were gone (no frequent sex, maybe once every 4-5 months) but they came back, but when they had came back it was serious. It was right before my period and the itching and burning was unbearable. But as soon as i came on my period the symptoms vanished int thin air. So I assumed it was a hormornall change. But right after my period had ended the syptoms (symptoms) came back as bad as they were before. But As soon as I Ovulate the symptoms disappear, and the cycle has been continuing ever since. I went to my Local OB/GYN and I was tested for everything, but there were no signs of any STD's. so after another 6 months (I havent had sex since) I went back and she performed a pap smear and said it was just a Yeast Infection, and gave this pill to take for it. but it hardly work -___- so i just came off of my period a week ago, had sex 3 days ago and after it was as though I had came back on my period, I was bleeding (not hevily) for the past 2 days. I want to know if my vagina is broke, I am getting really upset with the constant circles doctors and taking me through. So If anyone can please explain ANYTHING to me it will be greatly appreciated. Also, if it is and help, somtims there is an order, Sometimes there is a cottage cheese discharge, and sometimes it is discolored and milky. :( please help