Vaginal Eczema Severe Itching

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Vaginal Eczema Severe Itching

I have vaginal eczema and have been using hydrocortisone 0.5% ointment for the past week, which has helped get rid of dryness, redness and swelling... but I still have severe itching. It feels as though my pubic hairs are poking me and irritating the skin, causing it to get super itchy. So.. I shaved it and it felt ok for a little while, but a few hours later the itching got even worse than before. Now I can't get rid of the itching!! I tried using vaseline, which works temporarily for about 15 minutes. But I can't sleep at night because the itching is so bad, and I can't even leave the house because I'll have the urge to itch in public. PLEASE HELP ME :(
Have you thought of getting a prescription for a benadryl cream, or numbing agent (Lanocain type of thing)? Only thoughts I have. Shaving the pubic hair - such a bad idea - that itches growing back just on its own. Only did that once and I was squirming for days. Fortunately it does grow back so that irritation won't last forever.

Worth going back to the doctor and seeing what they can do.
Vency commented on Saw the babies again ...
1 hr ago
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals