Vaginal Fissures

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vaginal Fissures

I am 20 years old and just recently found this site. Like most of you I am so relieved to know that I'm not alone. About 2 months ago I started experiencing vaginal tears on my perineum but it didn't happen until I messed with someone who used Trojan condoms. Like most of you I thought I was having a Herpes outbreak. The cuts healed within 2 to 3 days but they come back after rough intercourse. I've read alot about herpes and all the books and website articles say herpes come in the form of blisters that are filled with fluid and I've experienced nothing like that. I haven't been to the doctor yet because I am so scared. People that I've been involved with in the past few years are clean and my last pap was normal. I tested for having no STD's so I really don't know. Like the rest of you I'm waiting for an answer. So if anybody gets good news about this situation please post it for those of us who haven't found answers.
WOW.....I have had the same problem for about two years now. Yeah I know its a long time but I have been tested about 4 times now and everything comes back negative.  I have spent the past year so scared and nervous about it.  This happens to me also after intercourse and sometimes just randomly.  I have researched about everything when it comes to herpes sites.  I too have never had a blister or a scab, and they only last for about 2 to 3 days.  I have had a boyfriend for a year now and he has never caught anything from me when these have been present. I am at my wits end with this and I am to scared to ask a doctor about it.  I am really relieved that I have someone else that understands my pain and worry.
Hi! Well, there is a lot of women suffering from these little painful, uncomfortable things. I usually get them after shaving the area, it is like the skin gets irritated by the razor and it feels like a rash before they show. I do have very sensitive skin, can not use anything down there that contains alcohol or perfumes. So liquid soap and vitamin E lotion helps. Also the cream "lotrisome" is for skin rashes or yeast infections seems to help the itching and burning, and it does last about 2 to 3 days. All my tests come back negative and my husband for 19 years never had shown any sintoms or anything. This started about 1 year ago. So, good luck to all of us in finding what the heck this is.
I seem to get a sore on my vagina right before my period starts and almost in the same place every time.  I've been with the same partner for 12 years and I've been tested for herpes, HIV/AIDS and all other STDs and they've all come back negative.  I'm at a lost as well as to why this is happening.  I was scared at first that it may be herpes but my fiance has been to the doctor for his annual check up and after an annual check up once a year and still nothing surfaces then I know for sure that this is not sexually transmitted.  So if you find out what this irritating incident is please let me know.
I had a similar stiuation with recurring vaginal fissures.  I saw my doctor and said that it may simply be an irritation (change in soap, laundry detergent, lotions, etc.).  He also scrapped one of the fissures to test and it came back negative for any diseases/STDs.  He prescribed the following cream (Nystatin and Tridmcinolone Acetonide Cream USP) which is also used to treat skin conditions such as eczema.  I was told to apply it twice daily until the fissures were completely healed.  I have not had any fissures return since using the cream to clear them up.  I hope this information can help some of you.  I know how painful the fissures are.
It is good to hear that other people have the same problem as me.  I actually went to the gyn today because i have a small papercut like tear on the inside of my labia...he did a herpes test which is now stressing me out.  i know there is no way it could be that, but i seem to get them a lot...and usually a day or two after intercourse or a week to two weeks before my period...i have been using bacitracin to stop the burning.
i just got a cut on my perineum, but i'm not sexually active nor have i had sex before, i also got cuts near the labia as well & i have these sort of rash or whatnot down there & some of them sting with i touch them, when i urinate or wash with feminine soap or just water, it stings & burns as well... &i also have this cut on the clitoral shaft, i'm wondering what i can do to let them heal, i've been putting lanolin on them so it wouldn't hurt as much when i urinate or wash, is that a good choice to do? this might be caused because i had irritation down there days before it appeared & i scratched like crazy, might not have been a good idea for me to do, any suggestions on what i can do? going to the doctor is out of the question right now though, i've been thinking about it, i have to find one first! thanks..
To all of you who have had vigina (vagina) fissures and went to doc and he/she thought it was herpes and did a herpes test and came bk negative:  
did you have blisters at the tear?  I am in that situation now and the doc said it is herpes and she sent for a culture test and I have to wait a few days for the result to come back.  There is nothing worst than waiting for this result.  I am so scared.  I've read the symptoms of herpes and I did have all of those symptoms.  The world crashed then but after I read your posts abt false herpes alarms i felt a little better.  Please tell me you guys did experience these symptoms and turned out it was false alarm.  Also she noted on my discharge sheet PID as well.  And I read symptoms on PID and they are similar to herpes (except the blister part)...She didn't give me anything to apply onto the cut area though...
WorriedMind
Hi;
I just posted my story under one of the other questions at the beginning of the page.It's not herpes and I have never had anything even remotely like this before. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. As I said in my other post I'm worried that this will come back .
Ok I need some opinions.. I was ery ill 3 weeks ago with pneumonia,strep, & an ear infection. My doc put me on Biaxin & then Augmentin... A few days later I got what I thought was a yeast infection, cottage cheese like discharge,itching burning etc.I hae had many yeast infections oer the years and thought this was no big deal. I bought the monistat 1 day thing and figured that was it. The morning after using it I had 3 cuts resembling paper cuts. I put neosporin on them and the next day I had 2 more. Spoke to the doctor she gave me diflucan and an anti fungal cream. next day I got my period. Continued the cream at night and used a steroid cream I had for something else during the day.The thing that is really strange to me is when my period ended the cuts got much better and went away in a couple of days.Does anyone know what this is??? I used to work in a hospital and have seen my share of herpes and various other STD's and am pretty sure thats not it. I've never seen anything like this.
Whatever it is ,is gone now but I'm wondering if it will come back next time I get a yeast infection or the next time I get my period . I had read on another site This may have to do with the massive doses of antibiotics. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated
Thanx
I have been having so much pain with intercourse for about 2 months now. I have been tested for every STD, all negative, normal pap. The pain became unbearable, and then I started having post-coital bleeding (bleeding after sex). I requested an appointment with my gyne and she found a small fissure at the entry of my entroitus. Her advice was not wearing underwear as much as possible, do NOT use any soap or cleaner or douche of any sort, and making sure to use plenty of lubrication when having intercourse. Well, the fissure at the opening of my vagina has definetly healed, but there must be one further up inside. I bleed more and more with intercourse everytime, it hurts soooo much. I am waiting to get an endovaginal scan to confirm the diagnosis. If it is a bad fissure, what do they do? How do you make it go away?
i have a bump and it looks liek a sore but it doesnt hurt or itch and im too scared to go to the doctor .i have only hade sex with 3 peopl two of which were virgins and i am positive of that .but i hade sex with my exboyfriend about 2 weeks ago and i am VERY WORRIED because i havent hade any kind of sign or anythig ntil now .does andyone have ne idea ? or been in the same situation ???let me know if u have any kind of informatio nthat might even help A LITTLE !!
I am so relieved that other people are having the same complications. I mean I'm not happy, I'm just relieved. I have been extremely worried that I have herpes because my boyfriend has been tested positive for it. He is on med's so that he can't pass it on, he hasnt had an outbreak in over a year, and we usually use protection, but I still worry. I get little tears either right before my period or after intercourse. I have also gotten them during  yeast infections. They last a couple of days and sting like hell when I urinate and when I wipe. I try not to have sex when I have them because it seems to make it worse. I really wish that I could figure out what they were and treat it. I have an appointment with my gyne next month and will tell her about it. It's really nice to let it out and tell someone, it's never easy to talk to people about these things.
I recently started having vaginal tears and my symptoms are similiar to others that I have read. I have always used condoms so I was thinking maybe it is a reaction to the latex. I was with my boyfriend for 9 months and we broke up because he cheated on me and contracted Herpes (he did not use a condom) with the woman he was with. But has always used condoms with me. We broke up 5 months ago and I am just now having this problem?
see my post under "vaginal tears" much further back up the page
i have been having on an off symptoms of what i thought was a yeast infection for about 9 months now. at first it started off i had a yeast infection i think resulting from the flora occuring from the birth control i was on. a few months ago i got off birth control and i still felt as if i was itchy sometimes and paper like cuts formed on my left side and near the opening sometimes. i was nervous..and thought it might be an STD but i called my gyno and told her the symptoms and they thought it was another yeast infection so i was prescrbed clobetasol propianate a steroid type of medicine.. i was on that for a good while. i recently went back to my gyno because i am now home from college and it seemed that these paper cut like things kept occurring every week three to 5 days after the medicine. i figured it wasnt working or i has something else... the diagnosis i got from my doctor it could be excema..and there isnt much i could do about it except take baths with baking soda, wear no underwear to bed, use soaps with no fragrance....i thought this would work and i guess it helped a little bit, but i feel as if something is still there! could this be psychological? it seems to still be a little irritated and i do see a cut every few days...sometimes it itches..and i try not to itch but i feel inclined to. i have been using destin which my doctor said helps rashes such as diaper rash and stuff.. and i guess it works a little but i want this dreaded thing to go away! if anyone has any at home remedies or found any cures or has been in this situation please contact me or respond.
I have been experiencing the same paper cuts on my perineum, usually after sex,  but think the intial trigger was after a courses of antibiotics, and subsequent yeast infection. I have tried lots of things to try and rlieve the discomfort and heal- i have tried canisten cream, hydrocrortisone cream, anusol- the best thing so far has been athletes foot powder (strange i know) used after showers on the area like talc- seems to dry the cuts up quickly and helps healing. hope this helps. I hope someone does some official research into this as it is obviously a common problem for many women and highly worrying when there is no medical knowledge, literature or adivce available on this even from many GPs.
Vaginal Fissures...First off I am 28 and have 3 kids.  After two years of experiencing symptoms on and off I finally went into the gyn.  I had a small scratch on my vagina just below my labia majora...perineum?  Sometimes it would be really itchy, sometimes a spot of blood on my toilet paper, definately irritated by intercourse.  My gyn said it was a fissure.  Ok hopefully I get everything right that she said because it's been 6 months since I went in.  So she said the vagina is a whole eco-system for bacteria...ick.  And moisture can cause a yeast infection which gets out of control and becomes a fissure.  It is imperative to keep the area super dry especially after showers and intercourse she said use talc powder and a blow dryer down there if needed.  Bacteria loves moisture.  Since I have had the fissure for a long time she said it would take a long time to heal and get rid of the bacteria.  
   So go in NOW if you have this don't put it off.  
She prescribed me with an antibiotic it was 2 pills take 1 the first day then the other after 2 days.  She also prescribed me with NEWMANN'S OINTMENT (it's sort of the same texture as Desitin but Desitin doesn't work for this).  It really helps with protecting the area and the itching.  So as of now it still comes and goes but I have better control of it with the ointment.
ame problem!! first, freaked out and figured it was genital herpes. First remeber having these 'paper-cuts' during this summer, but could have had them before and just brushed it off as regular irritation.

Reasons why it could be herpes; no anal, vaginal, or oral sex when i first experienced these, yet i did have limited gential (genital) touching, nothing excessive i would think. So i know herpes can be skin to skin. I went and got tested for STD two weeks ago amost, my results come in this wednesday. When i first got these syptoms (symptoms), redness, ITCHINESS, distinctly differnt discharge which would tell me these cuts were comming. The smell of discharge worse to put up with then acutal cut.  and then cuts would develop last, i never thought it could be an STD, i was a virgin, with genital contact with one guy...ALTHOUGH the past month i have had proctected intercourse, differnent guy, it hurt ALOT, but i just brushed it off again as regular amount of pain for a first time.

i am worried, as my 'fissure' is right after my pubic hair before the clitioris/labia... and more to the centre left... i have worried myself by looking so frequent, i cant bring myself to look for anymore cuts, but i think i can feel one lower on down on the right

this week, the first time i have tracked them regliously, they lasted about 2-3 days. why does this all sound like herpes?!?!

ALSO; because of the itching before this cuts appear, i itch for at least 3-5 days before any cut shows up, area is always red, looks tender, raw even.

sorry this post is so long, but like many of you, i am extremely worried i have a strain of genital herpes outbreaks that are not textbook, and expose as 'paper cuts'.
is everyone here in total belief these are NOT herpes outbreaks, or do some belive its a strain no yet widenly known?
I had went to the doctor for a lump on my right pelvic area and a cut on my vagina. I was told I have a UTI and alot of white blood cells in urine. and to use bacitricin on the cut down there. Right after using a large amount of bacitricin I noticed a rash everywhere down there....taht was hours later... I have had many allergic reactions down there to even certain soaps and many other things like lotions. I went back to another hospital, i was told I have herpes. WIthout testing me for herpes they gave me a dose of some stuff and a very very painful shot in the butt. I went to get tested for herpes and the place told me come back wenesday... This is how I am spending my new year. my male friend is avoiding hanging out with me once i told him what they think it is... I am miserable.... Oh the lump disappeared a 2 days later once I was given cipro for the UTI....
I too am having this "paper cut"  or "cracking" problem especially after intercourse and especially just before my menses.  I'm working with a homeopathic doctor to remedy the situation.  I found a very good article on this issue which explains what may be happening for a lot of people.  It is very different than herpes and not transmissible. Go to this link and read the article: http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca/facts/quick_show_d.cfm?number=505
Thank you for your comments; I've read the article.  Over the past 7 years, I've driven at least 3 doctors nuts, not to mention myself, thinking I had contracted herpes from my former partner (who contracted it from someone else during the course of our relationship).  I've been examined and swabbed to the point where I think the docs were thinking I was thrill seeking.  Finally, I had the blood test .... the blood test came back positive, but my Gyne said, "That does not mean you are a carrier, just that you've been exposed to it, and given that no visual or swabbed confirmation of herpes has happened in the past 7 years, you may not be a carrier."  But what she did find was this "tear" (which again was negative fo herpes).  What is more interesting, having read the article you cite, is that the fissures or tears are likely to INCREASE over time, whereas herpes outbreaks normally DECREASE over time.  I have an increasing situation.  And I'm 46.  On the whole, the symptoms of the tear or fissure are similar to those of herpes EXCEPT herpes generally is like a pimple or cold sore, and this definitely has no "head" to it, is linear, and almost has a bruised appearance.  So I'll still talk with my new lover about having been exposed to herpes (because it's HIS choice after that as to whether or not that's a risk he'd like to take for all the rewards ... ;-) and I'll see what I can do to look after my vaginal wall more as I head towards the menopause.  Thanks!
I just went in for the herpes swab for a cut as well, and the gyn told me it would be a few weeks for the results. i cant sleep im so worried, but this site helped ease my mind alot. I'm not sure.. it could still be herpes but heres whats up. I noticed this cut a few months back, around the time i got this HORRIBLE yeast infection. the yeast infection lasted two months, i had to go to 3 drs to get it diagnosed. finally the dermo did it. i had a bright red rash from the bottom of my labias to my anus, the rash wept a clear fluid at times, and developed painful cuts from time to time. i asked the dermo if the cuts were herpes and he said they were just a part of the yeast rash. i used gyne- lotrimin and the rash cleared up within a week.
heres the confusing part-i still get this one cut. sometimes it lasts less than 24 hours, sometimes it lasts a week. it opened up 4 times in the last five weeks. it seems too frequent to be herpes and not enough duration time..I found that if i put a little of the left over lortimin right on it it healed. It always stays a scar, but kind of opens up at times. any way i think what ALittleHelp said seems to fit my situation best
"So she said the vagina is a whole eco-system for bacteria...  And moisture can cause a yeast infection which gets out of control and becomes a fissure...    Since I have had the fissure for a long time she said it would take a long time to heal and get rid of the bacteria."  
Maybe since i had the fissure for so long its taking a while to heal, or maybe the yeast infection never fully healed, which i suspect regardless of the cut... I guess i will find out in a very long, stressful few weeks for sure,  but i will hope this is all it is in the mean time.
Yes! I have this too! I've been suffering for about 2 months now. My doctor told me she thinks birth control can contribute by making you drier down there and that makes the fissures more likely. It started with a self-diagnosed yeast infection that went away with Monistat. Then, 2 weeks later I had similar symptoms, so I went to my gyne that time and found out I had bacterial vaginosis. I took the prescribed gel for that and ended up with another yeast infection. I was treated for that, too, but was still worried about why it still seemed almost raw and still slightly burned and itched down there. I was a virgin so I KNEW it couldn't have been an STD causing it. I actually just had sex and ended up with a UTI after that, so I thought I'd ask about the pain down there while I was in her office and finally got the relief of my answer of a vaginal fissure. At least now I know what it is and that I'm not the only one suffering from this. It was nice to read through all this advice and I think I'm going to follow some of it. I'm just sick of this. I'm only 18 and I just want to have a normal, enjoyable sex life.
I never thought it was herpes and I still dont think it is. I believe mine came from rough sex. That's normally how it goes and it lasts for about 2-3 days. However this time, it's really bad. I have at least 3-5 tears. After reading all of these posts and doing more research on the products mentioned, I think i'm gonna go with Newman's ointment (if i can find it) or Desitin.

FYI the moisture thing is important tho. My temp is normally higher than the norm and on days where i am moist, I find that a yeast infection will want to start. You gotta keep down there dry. I dont see how the no panties thing works, cuz I already only wear cotton panties so it keeps it pretty dry. It seems to me that if i'm not wearing panties that it might generate more heat, and more moisture. That is, unless i keep my legs open....hmmm, i dunno...

I'd also like to add that something has got to give when treating a yeast infection... it turns into a bacterial infection and vice versa. I find that switching the method of how you treat the yeast infection helps. For example, instead of using Diflucan the 2nd time u get an infection, save ur copay and use it towards the over the counter medication. Then that way after that treatment, you wont come up with vaginosis. Thats just my experience. Good luck to all of you women out there.
Dear Ladies,
I think I may have found a solution for myself and everyone. I have been dealing with all of the same issues and all of the wrong diagnosis for the past 3 years. I won't get into all of my issues because they mirror all of yours.

Last week, I went to see a UROGYNECOLOGIST that I was referred to. He told me he believe that the cause of the itching, burning, tearing/papercuts etc. was from muscle spasms of the LEVATOR muscles of the vaginal area. He said spasms can cause this type of itching.

I thought he was crazy. He told me to call the office when the itching was intense and they would have me evaluated by their PELVIC FLOOR THERAPIST. He also told me to stop using the steroid cream I'd been prescribed by my GYN. He said the cream only served to thin the skin and make the tearing/papercuts worse.

Last night I woke up at 4:00AM with intense itching/burning/throbbing. It had been building for days. I was seen by the Pelvic Floor Therapist at 11:00AM. She hooked me up to a machine that looked kind of like a ultrasound machine. She placed sensors on my lower abdomen, inside my vagina, and just inside the rectum. Within seconds of turning on the machine she said, "You are definitely spasming." She asked me to do Kegle-type exercises and some deep breathing.

The result is this... many women internalize their stress which causes the Levator muscles to spasm. The spasms cause intense itching or burning or both and a discharge sometimes. In addition, the scratching or rubbing of the vaginal area during the times of extreme irritation leads to the tearing/papercuts -- especially if you are using steroid-based creams for relief (as they thin the skin).

She gave me a treatment by inserting a small instrument into the vagina which sent electrical impulses into the muscles. It was not painful at all -- there was just a warm sensation. She also gave me simple vaginal muscle exercises to perform at home. I'm supposed to go back weekly for the electrical impulse therapy until the condition is under control.

She told me she had a patient come to her that had had this condition for 25 years and within a month of this therapy was pain/itch free. She did say that this is a condition I will probably have all my life but proper management will prevent the flaring.

Lastly, the Urogynecologist suggested that if I needed and extra boost until the therapy and exercises begin working, he could prescribe Xanex to use on an as needed basis. I didn't take the Xanex because I want to give this therapy a chance to work.

I have looked up Levator Spasms on Google but can only find information about problems with the rectum.

I hope gives all of you some new direction in finding a solution to this problem.
I am researching this due to my own suffering. I was hoping anyone who is still on this forum would repost and include personal information.. habits, age, even haircolor, etc. I know there HAS to be a common thread between us. Do you have any personal theories? Did you ever associate the "outbreaks" to a certain food, product, clothing material, etc.?
Thanks so much, I will start:

31
several pregnancies
red hair, freckles.. european descent
overweight, short stature
Believe onions worsen the symptoms
smoke cigarettes
live in VA
allergic to Lamasil
constant sinus irritation (always)
eat lots of sugar
have seen improvement with yeast treatments, but no cures
battle issues with toe nail health
eczema, psoriasis sufferer (to a medium degree)
sexually active
no known STDs
not apparently contagious
flare ups come and go over a few days, now constant
Anything else???
one more thing: my mother has a theory about this being associated to yeast resulting from Lyme disease. I have had Lyme disease.
Also take synthroid for hypothyroidism.
Like the rest of you, I'm a little relieved that I am not alone in this. I am 22 years old and have been suffering from these fissures since I was 18. Five months after I lost my virginity to my boyfriend of 8 months, I had incredible pain after intercourse. There were 5 or 6 linear spots which just looked like raw skin. It hurt to touch or when I urinated or wiped. They didn't get any worse but lasted for 2 weeks before I went to the doctor. I was examined and told it had herpes but I demanded a swab and culture. Im glad I did because the test came back negative. I've had 2 tests done since then, which also came back negative. The best that I can tell, the fissures usually return after rough intercourse or just before my period; I have also noticed that during significantly stressful times/ordeals they will return within 8 to 24 hours. When they come back they don't last as long and aren't as painful, but still very uncomfortable. I'm still looking for answers as to what this could be and how to treat/prevent them from coming back.

I was using the birth control Yaz for 11 months and noticed significantly fewer fissures developing during this time. Not sure if it is related.
..also, forgot to mention that i can tell when the fissures are coming because the skin gets tender and itchy, mostly the fissures come back in the same exact places and last between 1 to 4 days.
My first syptoms (symptoms) was in february and it hurt like hell after having a bad case of vertigo and got put on atibatic i called my dr have he called in a rx for me for that one day pill dyflan and it went away. now just last week it came back again and worst than before two things i notice that link to this was both time it happen after i had sex and my husband massage my clit and both time i was using dial soap the clear yellow looking one, i went to see my dr this time because i was hurting so bad she ask me about herpes that was wensday friday i could not take it any more i went to the er they told me i have herpes cant be husband faithfull, never cheated on him i am so scared to pee becase it burns like hell. the spoting, also i notice i dont get the arge to pee know that i want to pee when i feel like something is running between my legs i stop wearing liner and underwear at night that seems to help no the pills
that they gave me dont work this time dont even work the only thing that give me so releaf is the senser care something like destin with the burning i had three good pees today and did not have to jump off the toilet. I will check out the other web site and also try the sock i cant live like this. Hurting badly. oh by the way I am black, jamaican 39 yrs old have 3 children, 5ft 2in weight about 180 been with my husband for over 14 years now
It definitely sounds like a yeast. Yeast infections can come about also after extensive antibiotic use. Probiotics have helped me. Probiotics are a good bacteria which balances our body. One can also purchase acidopholis which is the bacteria found in yogurt. It is fairly inexpensive and can be purchased at most drug stores and health food stores, though CVS and such stores have inexpensive brands.

I have found placing a capsule in my vagina helps and I have made a douche out of it which also helped. One sign of a yeast infection is burning, itching and a foul smell. Acidopholis helps and it's natural.
So glad to know I'm not the only one!!

I have gotten these fissures for the last three years, I'm 32 yo now.  I have gotten them after intercourse but most commonly a day after a yeast infection starts and 3-5 days before my period starts.  I also have been perscribed the Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream .1% but realize one of the side effects of this cream is that it thins the skin (which in turn would make the reoccurance of these fissures all the more common).  It's the only thing I've found to help so far.  I use it right in conjunction with the otc yeast infection med.  In 5 days I can get the whole mess to go away.  One thing of note, I've been prescribed Clomid for infertility and when I'm on a dose higher than 25mg/day (so the months I've taken 50 or 100mg/day) I have not had a yeast infection or the fissures.  My YI and Fissures typically come right before my period starts and since the Clomid so drastically affects my period, I'm guessing that's why I don't get them.

I will for sure be checking out the leavator muscle spasm theory.  Thank you DG!

To continue what 'superitchy' started to try to find any trends in all of us here's my information:

32 yo
married for 4 years
1 unsuccessful pregnancy
fissures with YI pre-period
fair to med complexion - euro decent
tall slim build
non smoking
little drinking
lots of sugar
constant sinus irritation
no STD (i've been tested yearly for 5 years for everything)
Infertility issues - LPD
Abnormal Pap with pre-cancerous results - resolved 2008

The one thing that stands out to me is that both 'superitchy' and I eat a lot of sugar, this is a common symptom of a systemic overabundance of yeast...  I've recently started going to a TCM Dr. (Chinese Medicine) and acupuncturists (in conjunction with my MD) - I'll know more about this after the holiday and will repost.
Hi everyone,

I'm a 21 year old female who has only had unprotected sex once...with an ex boyfriend who had just gotten negative test results on every STI possible. I have had less than 5 partners, always (except for what I said earlier) use condoms, and I have fair sensitive skin. I am allergic to Always pads, I am a stressed out college student (I have ADD as well, which makes the stress worse), and I drink more alcohol than I should, thanks to just turning 21. I do not smoke, had been tested for all STDs in the spring of 2009, and am small and slight of build.

I had sex maybe twice (with condoms) during the Fall of 09, and I had two small tears on either side of my clitoris. The tears stayed there consistently for more than three months. They were initially not painful to the touch, but became painful after I scratched them to death. The scars diminished and flourished, but did not disappear, did not blister, and did not hurt when I walked...only when I pressed hard against them or scratched them. They generally got worse mid-menstrual cycle and later around my period. I was experiencing a slight vaginal discharge that was white and lumpy, as well as general irritation and itching in the area.

Being the hypochondriac I've always been, I immediately thought it was herpes (I got as far as almost signing up for positivesinglesonline.com, I worried that much), and went to the gynocologist. My gyno, who has known me since I was 16, immediately told me that my symptoms did not look like herpes and she would be shocked if I had it. She gave my the Herpes select type 2 test, which came back negative. (She said the test showed that I have had absolutely no exposure to any herpes.) However, what I did have was contact dermatitis and a yeast infection. The steroid cream she gave me cleared up the the tears and irritation, as did the yeast infection treatment. I also have been only wearing white cotton underwear (my gyno said that the dye in undies can be an irritant), and used only warm water to wash the area.

I thought I would share my experience, because I think it is similar to many of yours. I would recommend getting tested (for peace of mind if nothing else...the thought of herpes causes more stress), and to wear only natural fibers and loose fitting clothing until the problem goes away.
This problem started for me about 10 years ago.  I had taken to not wearing underwear when I wore jeans, which I eventually stopped doing when I realized the vaginal paper cuts and pain were caused by the rubbing against the jeans.  I started wearing underwear again and always wear underwear now (cotton).  Unfortunately, the skin had worn down and thinned out.  The damage was done.  Then it got worse when I went to my gyn and he prescribed cortisone cream.  He forgot to tell me not to use much because it will thin out the skin.  I used globs and now I'm living a life of hell.  It won't heal no matter what I try or do.  I haven't had sex in 22 years.  And back then when I was sexually active I was with my same boyfriend for years and he never used a condom.  Thus I've never had sex in my life with a condom being used.  

The skin in and around my vagina is thin.  I have taught myself not to scratch it by using ice and I have found that anti-anxiety medication like xanax helps.  Stress is the big problem in stirring it up.  I use A and D cream all over the area before I pee.  This coats the skins so it won't burn when I pee.  Don't touch it at all unless you are lightly putting on A and D cream or vaseline.  I have found that the more I leave it alone and take anti-anxiety medication the better it feels.

I have come to the conclusion (that for me) it's the stress activating it and keeping it activated, AND touching it.  The skin is too thin and touching it aggravates the area and sets it off.

Please always wear cotton underwear.  
I am 21 years old and I have this same problem with small tears or fissures after sex.  I got married less than 4 months ago both myself and my husband were virgins when we married.  Every time we have sex, since the very first time, I get a small tear in the perineum.  It's tiny and I don't always feel it when it happens but after sex when I check it is always back.  I went to the gyno and she prescribed estrace cream twice a day for 2 weeks.  I did that and we waited an entire month to be sure that the fissure was completely healed. But no luck it's back again.  We use TONS of lubricant because the gyno told us that could be the problem. He is very gentle and careful and goes slow so its not because it's too rough, but still no difference.  I don't know what to do... I'm a newly wed, and we have never been able to have sex without these tears... Not once.  I heard that there is some kind of surgery you can get to widen the vaginal opening to help avoid this problem but I can't find any information about it online.  I guess I need to go back to the gyno and see if I have any other options... If anyone has a suggestion for me that would be great!
Fixing a mineral dificiency healed my perineal crack!  I had a crack that formed on the perineal area last year.  It started out small, 1/4 inch, and then kept increasing in size until it was 1 inch and a "Y" shape.  It kept getting irritated with sex and bowel movements.  I searched message boards like this one and followed many suggestions listed: I switched to cotton undies, used unscented laundry detergent and body soap, kept the area clean, rubbed Vitamin E oil on it for months,... despite all of my efforts, the crack never closed up for more than a day.  The crack stayed for 8 months.  I'm in my first year of marriage so this was so frustrating!

Other issues led me to find out that I had a Magnesium deficiency.  There are MANY different symptoms of this deficiency - one of them being "impaired wound healing."  With my doctor's suggestion, I began taking a Magnesium supplement, 250mg twice a day.  After 2 weeks, my issues began to diminish greatly.  But the best effect was that the perineal crack completely healed and stayed healed!  After 8 months of agony, it's finally gone.

This post, of course, is not to say that everyone with a perineal crack has a magnesium deficiency.  However, I would encourage you to look up the symptoms to see if any fit.  Also, evaluate your daily vitamin and mineral intake - maybe there is something else you are lacking in?  If you are like me and tried everything else, this is worth a try!
I get these fissures too. Usually after rough sex, shaving too hastily, or scratching down there a little too enthusiastically. Drinking too much caffeine and eating too much sugar seem to make it last longer. I haven't talked to my doctor about it because it never lasts long and it seems to start mechanically and go away pretty quickly. I'll ask next time I go for a check up. My theory is that they are mechanical tears that yeast go to town on. What seems to help is cutting down the caffeine and sugar, I wipe myself down there with witch hazel (it stings at first, but its very soothing after) and then using vitamin E oil on top. The witch hazel is astringent and I think a little antiseptic and then soothing, and the vitamin E oil keeps the skin supple and nourishes. I never douche, because I'm conflicted on whether that does more harm than good.
Hey, I also have a sore on my vag. It was just one circular red sore right before the opening to my vagina... I had unprotected sex 3 days ago and am really worried that it may be a herpes sore, although everyone I have talked to tell me that it is most likely just a friction sore, or a tear because he was very "well endowed", and I was quite dry when we first started, and I did even bleed a little bit , even though I am not a virgin....when I checked it today it is almost gone, but I still feel vaginal discomfort when I think about it (which is pretty much 24/7)! I also was afraid of pregnancy (even though he did not actually ejaculate inside me)... So I took Plan B, the morning after.... Now I guess it is just a waiting game. I hate having this sick feeling inside!!
ok i am too suffering with this problem it just started about 3 days ago. it first started with 2 paper like cuts i noticed them because it was burning really bad when i peed so i checked myself out and saw them. now 3 days later there is another one at the top of my vaginal area im not really good with the names off all the parts lol sorry. but now the right side where the first two sowed up is red and very irritated i am almost positive that its not any stds.  but i havent went to the doctor yet im very scared too. but i know i need to. im frightened to even tell my mother. and just glad im not in this alone. i know it is very painful and frustrating though. and mine to mainly is more irritated at night. but if anyone has any good help on how to treat it at home please let reply back. im going to talk to my mom about it and try to get into an obgyn asap. ill let everyone know what my doctor tells me. ot try and help you guys out.
Don't any of you worry about your test results. If it makes you feel any better, 1 in 5 people have herpes. It sounds devastating at first to hear that you may have it, but it's not the end of the world. The medication that they prescribe for it works right away and any outbreak is gone in about 2 days. You don'r necessarily even have to have sex to get it. It is a skin virus that can be transmited just by close intimate contact with someone.
Most people don't even know they have it because they may never experience and outbreak. It is a virus that can live dormant in your body for years. It is not life threatening in any way and will not kill you like some other STD's can. So, try and not worry. It does not mean your are dirty or anything like that. Tons of people have it including many high society people---even doctors.
I have read all the posts here, and I too have been having the same problem.  Disparneuria, vaginal fissures, stabbing pain, burning and sometimes itching.  I have been dealing with this for over 10 years!!!!!!  And I have been through 8 doctors, and have been told I'm an enigma.  I was seen by  a vulvologist for vulvadynia, have been tested for all stds and all are negative, even herpes, so nothing shows up to explain the pain.   Finally, 13 years later and doctor # 9, takes a simple wet prep and says I have vaginal strep and have no "normal" bacteria in my vagina.  I'm told that this can explain all my symptoms, and that I have to restore the natural vaginal flora with a special cream I have to get from a compound pharmacy and use for 6 weeks.  I was told this is very difficult to treat because the dr suspects I was over-treated with antibiotics and for yeast when that was not the problem for the past 13 years!!!!  Because of this, I have not been able to have intercourse with my husband or have children, which now I'm too old for!!!!  I am hoping dr # 9 is finally the answer to my prayers!!!!!!!!!  
I have all the same symptoms and experience with the fissures and saw a urogynecologist today and she said it was Lichen Simplex Chronicus. Pretty much eczema. I was prescribed clobetasol Cream and Ointment, a topical corticosteroid to be used twice a day for a month! I am more of a naturalist and like to use herbal treatments. But in this case it needs to be eliminated by strong steroids cream. I have experienced problems with yeast. I took a diflucan pill because there was yeast present. I also have been trying the candida diet with no caffeine, alcohol, sugars and taking pro biotic pills. I have also been taking several other candida fighting herbs. The doctor didn't say that it was specifically related to diet but I feel that with better diet a stronger immune system will help the healing. I also tried the dr wheatgrass super balm that was recommended on here. It relieved the pain. I used it one time the day after I took the diflucan. And between those two things I felt much more relief. Minimal itching, irritation and pain. Now today after seeing the Urogynecologist a $275 appointment because I don't have insurance, I will be doing the steroid cream. I asked about the possible levator muscle spasms as noted on here and she didn't think it was related. She did say if I continue to have a problem with yeast I should take a diabetes test. I have been tested for all STD's several times and all test are clear. I have a copper IUD that I have had for four months. My body seems to be getting used to it. But I do have more discharge which she did say could be irritating me. She claims I have Chronic Inflammation. She said the tears happen most likely from all the irritation and from scratching. Which I don't feel like I've scratched so bad to make it tear. I noticed these tears about a year ago but the last four months or so has been a battle with more frequent tears. I do notice I get off balanced around my period which had been lasting longer because of the IUD adjustment. I have switched to 100% cotton brief pantys, non chlorinated pads and tampons, also arm and hammer laundry detergent with no fragrance or bleach, I don't use soap to wash my vagina just water, I have all natural dr brommers tea tree body wash for the rest of my body, I do not douche. I have medium amount of stress, single mom with a four year old daughter. I delivered naturaly and didn't experience any bad tearing. I don't exercise too much or drink enuff water which are constant goals of mine. I try to eat natural and organic foods. I really hope this cream helps and I have been diagnosed correctly. I hope this helps you!
I suffered for a year with these same symptoms.  I've been with my husband for 24 yrs and know it wasn't anything like herpes or STDS.  Don't go to doctors because they've never once diagnosed anything correctly and when they don't know what's wrong with you, you become a guinea pig for the drug companies to profit from.  Not to mention that the side effects from the drugs are far worse for you than the actual problem.  There are natural remedies for everything and they are usually so simple and easy that no one even thinks of them.  
Here's how I finally got rid of mine:
I tried yeast infection medicine and it made my redness, itching, and fissure worse.  After trying many things, I finally read a post on medhelp about a Vitamin C deficiency that a lady had and after taking a large dose of it, her symptoms were gone.  So I figured I had nothing to lose and tried it-I think I took about 2,000cc.  I could NOT believe that my fissure was gone the very next morning after suffering for a whole year!!  Crazy.

Then I used Raw Shea Butter for the redness and itching and within two days it was completely gone also.  Shea Butter has amazing healing (and beauty) power.  
I do believe that intercourse triggers this because our bacteria/yeast (ph) gets out of balance if the vaginal area is not thoroughly washed the afterwards.  Those who have the white lumpy discharge with odor- that's a yeast infection.

I've never had the problem since! Amen...

My Advise which agrees with others on here:  wear cotton underwear, do NOT use reg soap (use a fem wash), drink lots of water, eat healthier (esp veggies), take lots of Vit C, and use Shea Butter for healing pain and redness.  Eat more accidolphalis and probiotics.  And yes, you could also have a magnesium or other vitamin/mineral deficiency so take vitamins!  
Best to all of you and may this help those of you still suffering because I was in horrific pain and couldn't even sleep at night so I empathize with you.  
Im having the same problem.. ive been tested twice and the results all come back negative.. my doc say that I have sensitive skin n my hormones.. I'm goin tomorrow to get tested thus year again n I scared... the person ive been with has no sitoms...  this only happens before if after my period...
I went to the doctor yesterday and the doctor suggested herpes at first glance she said she is 90% sure but could be wrong. Symptoms are urinary tract infection vaginal lesions and burning and itching with a yellowish to brow discharge so pink spotting but I just got over period I took blood test and awaiting results someone please help anyone every had these symptoms?
I'm a 23 year old who has been experiencing similar issues to all of you for the past year. 3 doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. From right below my clit down to around the opening of my vagina I had soreness and some red skin. I would randomly get cuts in random places that would heal but another would inevitably pop up. Keep in mind, I was using all sensitive skin products because I've had eczema for years so I knew it wasn't irritation caused by that (but even the sensitive skin cream would sting if any got in the area).
My condition was originally ruled a yeast infection. I went on diflucam (sp?) and it got slightly better but the soreness was still there. From then on out I've been eating yogurt or taking acidophilus every day. Over the next few months I got tested twice for herpes and once for chlamydia and gonorrhea--all came back negative.
FINALLY I got a doctor with a brain (sorry, my frustration is coming out). I had gone back to the gyno because my last one told me after the most recent cut healed to come back and she'd put me on a steroid cream. She was at a different office when I wanted to make the appointment and so I got the 4th doctor.
POSSIBLE SOLUTION:
4th Doctor listened to my story, took a look, and said she thought she knew what I had: LICHEN SCLEROSUS. It's most common in post-menopausal women but can occur in younger women, men, and children. It's a lifetime type thing (I joked--like ezcema (eczema)) with symptoms that can be treated with a steroid cream. She decided to take a biopsy to confirm and sent it off to a pathologist.
For some of you, lichen sclerosus might be the answer.
Unfortunately, for me, the biopsy came back like an abnormal pap and I might have VIN-- Vulvar Intraepithelial Neoplasia. I would still be in stage 1 which is least harmful. This site can explain better than I: http://www.uihealthcare.com/depts/med/obgyn/patedu/vulvarvaginaldisease/vin.html
Basically it's a possibly pre-cancerous disease with a couple of causes, most commonly HPV. It is important to note that I had the Gardasil vaccine years ago  but that doesn't protect you from every strain.
I'm still not 100% sure what I have exactly. I have more tests to run.

I urge all of you who haven't found a solution and have persisting symptoms to ask your gyno to take a biopsy and look for either lichen sclerosus or HPV/VIN. I hope this info brings at least a few of you relief.
Well, I too have the fissures. I get it before my period, after eating too much sugar, and after wearing irritating uderwear or tight pants. For the past couple years it had been almost non stop. I also DO have herpes. And I've seen this described in a picture as a herpes symptom, right before the period. However, I finally got it cultured, after years of assuming it was herpes and taking tons of valtrex every day, and it came back negative. My doc said it probably would come back negative cuz it was healing. I had a previous doc who would not test it because I have herpes, she said it must be it. (thanks to her and my assuming she was right I had a devastating breakup, but that's another story). Anyway, long story short, I just had the herpes blood test and it came back negative. I definitely have herpes, no question from my outbreak 10 years ago, and a positive culture then, but, the blood test shows no antibodies now, which means that I have not been having any infections as of late. So this fissure is not herpes??! Which explains why valtrex won't work on it. I got a retest just to confirm, results come Monday, but I too would really love to know what they are and how to stop having them! They stress me out, because if they are just irritation or even yeast, that means something very different than herpes to a partner. I would still tell them of course, but we wouldn't have to worry about transmission from a fissure because the herpes virus wouldn't be present in it! I would love an answer!
i've been having this problem on and off for ten years. best explanation a doctor has given me is that since i am prone to yeast infections that the skin is likely to tear because it is so thin. she told me to buy a and d ointment and clotrimazole cream, the a and d ointment helps but the clotrimazole actually seems to make it worse, so i would recommend the a and d ointment, it's over the counter, only costs a few bucks, and i don't think there's any chance of a bad reaction
Hello, I have been reading most of everyone's posts here. I do find myself relating to some of the similar discomforts.. but I am not experiencing the tareing/fissures.
But I do have all around soreness from my clit to the vagina, and I experience pain like needle like jabbing sharp pains in a focused area at one given time which that last a second long. I would like to send you a link where I explain my situation in great detail... I have been trying to get a doctor to check out my situation but I hadn't received a reply from her.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Womens-Health/Gynecology-Women-Health-Form-Plz-HELP/show/1742170#post_7988686

Please anyone experiencing or had experienced such things please please I'd love more than anything to talk to someone who has been going though this sort of nightmare, thank you in advance!
My daughter was also given this cream. She has had the fissures two years now. The cream was only a temporary fix for her but it did help with the pain. Today they did a biopsy. The doctor said that it could be anything from a skin irritation like excema to a systemic disease. He stated these are not STD's because we asked about that too. My daughters started after marriage but now since separated 8 months and celebate she still suffers from these fissures.
I have also just got this problem. My boyfriend and I had sex last saturday (the 15th) and i was more sore than normal, we talked and decided it was probably because he ate me out. I have had issues with yeast infections before. I've never had these cuts before. Monday the 17th I discovered one on the left side of my clitoris near where my pubic hair meets it. My boyfriend and I have been sexually active for about 5 months together and as far as I can tell physically he looks like nothing is wrong. The cuts are sore and burn and I am itchy I am also having some discharge sometimes it is white and sometimes it is yellow. I first thought that maybe it was just a scratch from his fingernail or teeth..then the more I thought about it I thought that I had caught something like herpes. I am still very worried about it I have not been to the doctor yet. I don't even have a gyno I see, I am 18. I have been on birth control for almost 3 years and have to remain on birth control so my periods are under control, if I am not on it I will bleed terribly bad and my iron will drop extremely low again. I have never experienced this before with him. I don't know if it could be from him going hard or what I am just so worried and scared. Also, if he did have anything, wouldn't I have experienced something before?
I'm 28 and been experiencing these for well over a year now. My husband and I are clean, been tested for herpes twice and it's negative. I also have chronic uti's. These fissures/cuts show up randomly and last for a couple of days. I have special creams from my doctor but they keep coming back. Sure puts a damper on our sex life, especially when we are trying for a baby.
Wish there was a cure but glad to know I am not alone in this world.
I read every comment posted to date and so far I have some things in common with most and NOT with others.

My story: I started taking birth control again , my SO and I had sex.  The second or third time we had sex, the tear developed. I noticed it while bathing. I looked at it, it look scary and severe. Like a deep slit just at the opening of my vagina.  So I kept checking on it and one day it looked white(ish) around the edges, as if it was trying to heal but couldn't because of moisture or something.  So I started putting a & d, shea butter, coconut oil and such on it to help the process. It healed and I brushed it off an occurrence from him being to vigorous or something.
I stopped the BC at this time as well.

Approximately, 2 or 3 weeks later, I started to feel sensitive in that area; possibly slightly itchy. So I would scratch some and look and see in anything had changed in the area. I could tell that my skin was inflamed (red, swollen, hostile) and sensitive but there we no lumps, bumps, cuts or bruises.

One day I walked around for 3.5 hours straight. And the next day I noticed a lump forming on my labia majora, just on the lip. It was small under the skin no pain at all. I kept checking it daily, it was slightly increasing in size. On the 3rd day I got my period and I noticed that it was starting to hurt. So I started googling stuff, feeling sad and depressed.... I stumbled on threads on Bartholin Cysts, swollen lymph node in the groin etc. All the threads on Bartholin cysts said to lancet if it hurt, soak in hot baths, drain it and soak it....  

So I checked it a again and it was red, like it had a fever. But it did not have a head or anything. So I tried to lance it(drain it) and nothing came out. Thankfully, cuz I was TERRIFIED of the green ooze people posted about. I just felt like I was poking myself in a sensitive area. Then I soaked by sitting over a bucket filled with close to hot water. Im in Ghana, hot water baths or even bath tubs that fully fill are somewhat difficult.

Then I started filling water bottles with hot water (boiled water) and laying them on the spot. Approximately 2 days of this and it was gone. If I ever even feel like there is a mosquito bite in that area I will put a hot water bottle on it.

Now back to the tears and itch...

The itch became more persistent, sporadic but noticeable. I bought Triple Action Cream and Hydrocortisone cream. I started using then daily. Layering them on my vagina and skin around my butt. I did this daily for about a month or so. Then I would continue it if I felt the slight itch/tingle coming on. I did this for approximately 3/4 months.

It had been a while no itch or tears. So I decided to look at it see if any scars had formed from the tear.
I
laid down and held a mirror between my legs and what did I see??? The skin from my anus to just before the opening of my vagina was dark brown, almost black! I was terrified and shocked.  So I ran to the phone and called my mom in the states an RN, to ask her if hydrocortisone could burn your skin.... She said its a steroid and too much , too frequent use would have adverse effects.  
I was soo angry with myself, because I had a feeling I was over using the hydrocortisone but kept using it and the (burn) marks were finely demarked between the areas where I layered it and the areas I had not.

So I grabbed some TAZORAC I got from my dermatologist  and layered it on the burned areas, I knew that it would peel the skin off and that's what I wanted.  Yes I was afraid that it would burn, but was willing to take that chance. I did this everyday, sometimes twice a day for a week or two. The burned skin peeled off, not very dramatically or anything, but my natural completion was restored. The Tazorac never burned me. Once it soaked in I would moisture with essential oil to help the skin adjust to the transition. Plus I wasn't sure if the Tazorac would make the burn worse.

1 month later I started to notice that I was having a slight discharge. Not yellow or clumpy, just whitish and more fluid looking than sticky. It had no smell.

One day I was home all day, no panties on all day and noticed an odd feeling down there. So I grabbed my mirror again and looked and it looked like the white fluid like discharged had leaked out of me and dried on my skin. No biggy, I bathed and heavily moisturized the skin in that area (over compensating for the TAZORAC applications) Wanted my skin to get back to its healthiest thick ness.

Now we are at June  23, 2013.

I felt a pain down there, looked and saw 2 tears in my perineum. We to pee, wiped and scratched my labia majora. Wipe it again and BLOOD about a half an inch in length. scratched the other side of my labia and then wiped and MORE Blood..... At this point Im like man this Vagina is too much responsibility! I layered on some essential oils, to try and help it heal. Also noticed 2 tears in the outer fold of my labia majora. I am CERTAIN that the skin down there is too thin.

So I took a bird bath. Cleaned down there, got dressed and head for DEL international Hospital. Got there was told the GYN would not be in for 2 more hours. I left for Nyaho a renowed clinic. Then realized I don't have contact info for them, and don't know when they close or if the GYN is in.
And too tell you the Truth I did not want to be seen by either location because Ghanaians are not particularly open with female issues. So the likelihood that they have seen someone else with similar issues is waaaaay smaller than if I was back in the states.  And I did not want to be told I had been cursed or had a slew of possible STD"S. Women don't speak as freely to one another about these things so my resources are limited. Plus as a cash walkin I would have spent $200- $300 for them to say they don't know what it is.... I rather wait until Im back in the states in 2 months. I will certainly consult my doctor. Who previously gave me NYSTAIN cream because the skin around my vaginal was inflamed after a NAIR incident.  That CREAM did NOT restore the thickness or durability of my skin in that area.
And yes, Im Ghanaian.
So I came home to google Nyaho, planning to go the next day. Then googled 'frequent vaginal tears' and read a total of 500 posts.
The ones that discussed connections with BC, Stress, PH balance, healthy eating, vitamins, immune system possible compromise, bacteria and such made all tooo much sense to me.
So lastly night, I filled a wash cloth with baking soda, soaked it in water and rested it on my vagina, repeating it several times as the water got cold. This morning I repeated last nights routine, also boiling mineral water mixed with baking soda. I took a bottle cap full of the baking soda water and poured it into my vaginal, and layed with my legs elevated. Then placed the moist wash cloth on my vagina. Repeated this several times. When I bathed I mixed the water with baking soda.

I will continue this for 7 days, but after just a few hours, I do feel like its healing.
After I am done that treatment I mix coconut oil, olive oil and shea butter and rub it on the skin around that area. I want to help the healing process.

For me I KNOW my PH balance must be off, I am VERY, VERY stressed. I am exposed to bacteria that my body is not used to from the bath water, I try to combat it with mixing my bath water with antiseptic, but..... My hormones are probably out of wack, quiting the BC , life itself etc & Im a junk food junkie...I have been think about vitamins for months, now. So I have noticed what my probable triggers are.

It also important for us to realize that as women our bodies change frequently, age, stress, life, environment all factor in and I think age does not determine when things will start to change for you or what could initiate these changes. These are some of the things "MOMMA never said", mine included.

If your experiencing this and don't want too or cant go to the doctor, Google and these threads are you best friend. Try a few LOW RISK (no Tazorac or low amounts of cortisone) home remedies first and see if it helps.

Please lets keep helping one another!

I still think this Vagina is too much responsibility, especially since it hasn't had any action in 4.5 months...
I have had the same issue going on 3 years now. I always got what looked to be little tears that would work thier way down to my anus. They always seemed to appear after intercorse orwhen i was about to menstrate. My dr. Told me that it stems from a ph imbalance that can be caused from many different things that irritate the skin in that area. Anything from being on antibiotics or the soap that you or your partner uses. I have basically switched to everything hypo alergenic when it comes to anything down there and have not had any issues for about 3 months now. Hope this helps. Anytime something is not normal with your body concerning that area its a scary and stressful situation
About a year ago I was rapped. Luckily i new the guy but he is what you would call a "man *****"  I had only had sex with one other person before I started receiving these paper like cuts around my vaginal area. But the strange thing is I received these cuts about 4 months after we had sex  the cuts started out as a rash I would scratch it of course then that irritated the area even more eventually the cuts turned into little red bugs but when I received my period about a week later they went away. I got tested in August and all tests came back negative, I just had a yeast infection and they prescribed me a one time pill that cleared everything up....  That was back in June. I am now receiving these cuts again and it's November.  The cuts are around the same area but i have put this lotion on them and it burned. i have out neosporin on them and it spread (this is gross) but it has spread to my anus. When I go to the bathroom there is "mucus" in my stool and that could mean I have cancer,or even crohns diese I'm very nervous. I don't know any of my medical history because I was adopted... But   They burn  and itch and it's to the point where I wake up in the middle of the night and to take a bath because the water soothes the cuts. I really need to find a way to cure this because I ride horses for a living and it's to the point where I can't because it gets so painful. Should I go to the earth department like I did last time? Or the obgyn? Or is that the same thing? I need advice!!!:(((((
Old post I know,  but wanted to say that I feel for you missing out on having kids (and love making). That's really remiss of the doctors too. I too am probably too old now to have kids, but if not, I'm probably too damaged. My cervical canal was damaged during a fertility procedure, which ironically has probably rendered me completely infertile. Best wishes, anyway, from another childless victim of modern medicine,
Old post I know, but wanted to say that I feel for you not having kids because doctors were remiss with diagnosis. I too am probably too old now to have kids, if not I am no doubt too damaged-  my endocervical canal was significantly damaged, ironically during a fertility procedure. Anyway, best wishes from another childless victim of modern medicine.
I know your post is old, but your symptoms are exactly like mine. Have you found a cause yet?
I have the same issue,  and I have found that the weighted metal kegal balls, when used consistently,  have helped tremendously. I had my baby boy, and it became tear city in my perineum. I was angry with my doc, because she let me year this time with my big headed baby, where in the past I alway had an episiotomy. I figured it didn't break right because it was jagged instead of a straight cut.  But I talked worth the doc and she suggested the metal weighted balls. The perineum needs to be strengthened back to prevent tearing. And if using a steroid cream, she told me to mix one pea sized portion of steroid to 2 pea sized portions of monistat. Hope this helps as a home remedy for you. It has for me.  
I am experiencing similar problems that have been discussed at the moment. I recently had sex with a new partner for the first time he was very big, I feel that I have always been small myself and is the reason for it hurting at the time on penetration. However after I noticed I was sore and it did hurt a little to urinate but seemed to get better then I had sex again a few weeks later and the pain retuned on penetration and after, however I didn't seem to notice a cut at first just soreness then it began to slightly itch which I presumed was from it healing but then it began to sting when I urinated so I had a look and it is a cut from the bottom of my vaginal
Opening about 1cm and looks sore and deep in the middle I don't have any other sores any where else or any other symptoms at all. Which makes me believe it is a tear or fissure due to experiencing similar pain at intercourse previously in my life. I went to a gum clinic today to have it looked at and have been tested for all sti's and the nurse said it may be herpes but I feel knowing my body and how I have reacted previously to intercouse that it is more likely a tear. I also have experienced anal fissures since I was younger which again leads me away from herpes knowing I have thin easily tearable skin. Does anyone else have an opinion on my situation while I wait for my results. Thankyou. Your posts are all very helpful.