Vaginal Irritation due to depilatory cream

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Last night I used NAIR Depilatory cream along my bikini line and it dripped to my vaginal area. Because of this, my labia is extremely red & irritated and burns constantly (even though I was quick to wash it off as soon as it dripped!)It burns even more when I urinate.

Is there an over the counter remedy to soothe the area? I'm in major discomfort! Thanks!
I would say using a cold wash cloth could help alleviate some discomfort... it is a chemical burn and all first aid advises against putting any salve or ointment on it, but I would think pure aloe might be ok... make sure it is pure aloe, with no alcohol or vaseline in it.

I have aloe plant in my home, if you do also, breaking off a leaf and squeezing some of it out and applying it should help.
I did the SAME thing a few weeks back.. and NOTHING helped.. (sorry!) It finally went away.. oh and it hurt when I pee'd! SO, I wiped with wet wipes (I have little ones at home - so I had some) but a cold washcloth sounds like it would work at least for temporary relief.
pure aloe is watery and doesn't hold in heat... that's why suggested that... sorry i can't help
This happened to me! Use the cold wet cloths, a little aloe's okay, but that tends to keep heat in. My EMT friend told me not to use aloe for any type of burn- it only gives the illusion of soothing. the pain will eventually go away...ouch...I'm sorry this happened to you. Good luck!
it happened to me, too- but after a couple times of using it on that area the irritation doesn't happen anymore- and if it does it only lasts an hour tops....and i have a nice smooth puss hehe- been using it for over a year now on that area and no long-term effects....am looking for info on any possible ones, tho