Vaginal Mucus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vaginal Mucus

I have sharp pains at times in my cervix and uterine area, and just today I have noticed when I wiped myself after going pee, that I had I long mucus-type strip come out, so I took so tissue and wiped again, and got mucus. I have been tested for STD's and I am not the type to sleep around, could this be something to worry about or do this happen to others?
I just realized after re-reading what I had sent as my ? that I hadn't given enough info.
About 3 years ago I had a pap and the result were abnormal cancer cell formation on my cervix. So I have been to the dr and then to another dr. and even the health dept. What I have learned is that I have cysts on my cervix that pop (during intercourse or etc) and then they grow back, I've even had a biopsy done and they were not malignant, but I can't have sex often with my husban because it hurts and then the next day I feel pressure on my cervix, and I have discharge almost all the time unless I have had sex the previous day, but it doesn't smell at all and it is clear, yellow, and brownish depending on the day I guess but mostly yellowish brown. I need help, I am avoiding the dr. because my test that said my cancerous cells are abnormally high scares me into thinking I may have or develope cancer in my cervix, and I have a daughter to raise by myself....HELP PLEASE!!!!
Of course if the pain continues then you should see a doctor, but the mucus is common for when you are ovulating.  It could just be menstral cramps and your body trying to prepare you for fertilization.  Check out this website:  
http://www.ovulation-calendar.net/  

and find the days that you would be ovulating according to your last menstral cycle and see if the dates correlate with the pain and the mucus. I have had cervical pain and uterine pain... I think most women have.  I think it goes along with being a woman!  If pain persists definitely go to the doctor, and if you have insurance problems you can always go to plan parenthood for ob/gyn care.
Best of luck,
Lisa
http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/best-time.html

YOur history definitely makes a difference, but this site gives similar symptoms.  I know you are scared to go to the Dr., but with your history, you probably should.  Putting off the inevitable won't change the result, and it will give  you peace of mind.  Also,the stress you are going through is hard on your body, and you have enough stress raising a child alone. Best of luck to  you!
-Lisa
hi i also had sharp pains in my cervix for three cycles it could be the middle of youre cycle then i got pregnant
I really feel that you need to go to the doctor especially if you do have cancer. What if it gets worse and it makes you ill then your daughter will be alone. Get the help that you are needing to become healthy because just ignoring it will not cure what is wrong but only make it worse. If your thinking of your daughter that would be your best option.
i had the same results with a pap several times.  i had several surgeries for biopsies and so forth and all results everytime were neg for cancer.  turns out i had or have the HPV virus, and that keeps causing the bad pap smear results.  I also hate going to drs, but....its a lot better than the constant worry and frustration from not knowing what is goin on with your body.  get a good ob/gyn if you can, if u have no insurance like me, go to a clinic or planned parenthood....trust me....the worry is worse than the actual dealings with the doc and or surgery.  Best of luck
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS...THIS WEBSITE IS GREAT!!!
1-constant mucus i guess associated with my hpv...how do i get it to stop?  do i take a simple med like mucinex?

2-constant extreme breast pain and swear that my pos preg test last week is false positive...

Gyn just did a normal pap but positive hpv