Vaginal Odor - No Infection

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Vaginal Odor - No Infection

Hi Everyone-

I'm 21 years old, not sexually active, and have had problems with a persistent vaginal odor for several years. It's gotten worse over the past year, and now it's to the point where just walking around or sitting for too long will produce the smell. I especially notice it when I'm sitting for awhile and then stand up, and if I notice it, I know others can. I've gone to the gynecologist several times, and each time she finds no signs of any major infection. I notice the smell is especially bad after I go to the bathroom. It smells like a combination of urine and feces, to be honest. I keep myself clean and I believe that I wipe well when I go to the bathroom. Do you have any suggestions at all? I'm desperate at this point. It is so incredibly embarrassing to deal with this. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how did you handle it? I'd appreciate any feedback. Thank you.
I'm having that exact same prob! Just to let never ever put soap on ur vagaina while ur taking a shower itcould mess up the balance and also it could be wat u eat. Avoid eating milk or soda just water and eat a lot of yogurt that really helps. I hope u get better and I hope this helps!:-)
Going by your symptoms, it looks like bacterial vaginosis to me. It is the most common cause of abnormal vaginal odor and discharge. In addition to unpleasant "fishy" vaginal odor, thin white or yellowish discharge from vagina may also be present. Diagnosis can be confirmed after pelvic examination and microscopic examination of the vaginal discharge. Treatment is by metronidazole and clindamycin.
The other possibility which should be ruled out is of a rectovaginal fistula.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Des_a_rae commented on photo
14 mins ago
Des_a_rae, and pb95 commented on Des_a_rae's status
23 mins ago
Des_a_rae commented on photo
25 mins ago
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals