Vaginal Odor & Discharge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vaginal Odor & Discharge

I am 27 years old an have 2 children, my youngest is 4 1/2. After I had had her, I noticed major changes in my vaginal secretion. I have had test after test and even had a biopsy done, and they cannot figure out anything. I have a ton of discharge everyday, usually very thin, except during ovulation. My underwear gets soaked. However, that is not the problem... the problem is the odor. It is bad and bad every day. Most days it smells like something rotton, not to be graphic. Occasionally it smells like amonia (ammonia). My panties usually have discoloration in that area.....like the have been BLEACHED! It has been several years now with NO relief. I have tried everything and the DR has run test after test. It effects my sex life, and even my daily life. I wear a light day EVERYDAY, and not even so much for the wetness, but for the smell....so I can keep changing it and the odor won't be so strong. My 4 year old has even said something to me before, when I was stooping down...she asked what the smell was. I can't take it anymore. I am an extremely clean person and have never had any problems down there before. Back in my younger days, I had a boyfriend that gave me an STD, but that was a long time ago and I have been tested a million times since then. What could this be???????????
Just a thought, could it be urine.  I have some leakage at times and it is so strong.  It can vary with meds and vitamins, too. Maybe it is just mixing with the normal discharge?
I am going through the same thing. I have bacterial vaginosis. I get treated for it and it eventually comes back. They usually give me Flagyl, which is a horrible medication that makes me nauseaus and I usually have to stop taking it because I can't get it down. I am going to the doctor Friday and ask for something else. I read that there is a medication called Tindamax that they are trying to get FDA approval to use for BV. They currently use it to treat Trich and other infections. I am going to ask the doctor for it, its worth a try. You may want to get checked for bacterial vaginosis. They have to a pelvic exam and get a sample of the discharge and then make sure that is what it is. I hope you get relief, I hope I get relief as well. It does ruin your life. Good Luck.
Did you info those products i told you about. So far they are working good for me!!  No 'sweating', no odor, nothing, just reg. discharge.  I did notice when i had sex with my husband there was no odor, but about an hour to two later, there was some funny discharge.  I did another treatment and it was gone.  I went to the DR. several times in the past, did tests, and they said it was nothing, so if you find anything out PLEASE PlEASE post it so i can find out whats causing this too. OR if anybody else knows.  But if you want some what i think is relief check out rockwellnutrition and there bv protocol.

i think you're having bacterial vaginosis... coz i've had that before and was given a  vaginal suppository for it, the fishy odor and the rotten smell of the discharge immediately went away after the suppository... you maybe had some douches used that's why the pH level on your vagina was affected that caused the infection, coz that's what caused mine...and bacterial vaginosis often occurs on women after giving birth...so you better have yourself diagnosed and treated ok...goodluck and god bless...
I was on here to see if i could find an answer, because i have the same problem.
some day's it doesn't itch other's it does. but thanks to this site i am pretty sure i found the answer. It doesn't matter how much you clean yourself, or ho clean you are it always has a way of showing up. no matter what you do.
i am glad i am not the only one with this problem, i didn't know i find this much about it or people with the same symptom's. when i was pregnant i had to have cream's and stuff i think it was for yeast infection's uti ect...
well thank's for the help i don't feel alone now.