Vaginal Pain During + After Sex
I recently moved in with my boyfriend, and started having sex with him. During penetration, I get sharp pains on the opening of my vagina, and lesser pains in the immediate inside of my vagina. After we finish and he pulls out it hurts for a few minutes and as I go about my day I feel fine, I don't even know that I'm sore. I've had my boyfriend feel around and most of the soreness seems to be in one central location. At first, I thought it was just because I'd never had a boyfriend who was quite as large as he is. I've had sex with other people before, and it never hurt like this.

Because of the pain, and my being too sore to have relations, we started googling reasons why I could be having such pains, and came up with things like yeast infections, bacterial infections and so on, I've had a yeast infection before, and I'm extremely confident that this is not the problem in my case. We've read that it could be sore due to abrasive contact and to use lube or increase the foreplay time. We have tried using lubrications, even though I create a lot of it naturally already. The pain persisted. We tried waiting for a week, and still there was pain.

I've read that it could also be Vaginismus, due to "the result of a bad sexual experience, such as rape or childhood sexual abuse" I was raped, and I've been through therapy and I don't think this is the problem. I'm not afraid of sex, I LOVE sex, and it's killing me that I can't enjoy it with my boyfriend.

I've also read that it could be due to the NuvaRing, and I'm really starting to think that this is the culprit. I've never had pain before, and I just started using NuvaRing before I moved in.

If anyone has any information as to why this is happening to me, it would be most appreciated!!

Sin,
Clovenn
How are you? Aside from those that you mentioned, you need to rule out gynecological issues such as problems with the cervix;  fibroids,  endometriosis; and ovary problems. Since NuvaRing is also a possible contributing factor, it is best that you discuss this with your gynecologist also for proper management. Take care and do keep us posted.