Vaginal Pain after Urination

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vaginal Pain after Urination

Ok this is a bit embarrassing but I wanted to find out on my own before I made and appointment with my OB/GYN. I was masturbating last week and the morning after I woke up and my vagina was sore. I went to urinate and as I was urinating it burned. Very badly. I thought maybe I didn't have enough lube and in a few days it would go away. Well it's been about a week and there is still itching and some pain near the cervix(i think?) but only right as i'm finished urinating and then the pain goes away. The itching however is worse in the morning and towards the end of the day almost nonexistent.

I thought maybe it could be a yeast infection.. a very mild one. So I douched. But I'm still itching in the morning. It feels like i need to use the restroom every 30 minutes. But i'm not having the discharge, there isn't a rash or redness anywhere, and everything smells like it's suppose to.  Anyone have and idea what this could be? If so PLEASE let me know. I really don't want to explain this to my Doc. Ha! If this sounds scatter brained let me know cause I tend to talk that way. Feel free to ask me anything. Well almost anything! :)

you may have scratched the labia (the skin hanging down) and when you urinate the urine hits this skin and it burns. this can also happen if there is an external yeast infection. that being said if you were using a toy or saliva in the area some bacteria may have entered the urethra and you could have a uti (urinary tract infection). call your doctor and just say you need to be seen for painful urination x 1wk. unknown if uti or yeast infection. that way you make sure they test both your urine and do a culture of your vagina. if you really think it may be yeast, don't ******, go to a cvs, walgreens, wherever and pick up an OTC cream to treat the yeast. see if that helps. if after a few days of that its still happening you have to go to the doctor. they also sell tests at these stores now too for you to test your own urine for uti and even your own vagina for yeast or bacteria infections. i think they're like 16 bucks. good luck
****** = d*o*u*c*h*e