Vaginal Papercuts ~ Tears

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vaginal Papercuts ~ Tears

There is a thread about this and I have read it...but its closed and most of the posts are very old.

I need to know if anybody has ever found a reason or a doctor that knows what the hell they are talking about regarding this.

I first noticed a papercut on my labia about 3 years ago.  I freaked out and thought it was herpes.  I had my then boyfriend look at it and take a picture... it looked just like a papercut and figured I had scratched myself or something and didn't think anything of it after that.  The papercut does not hurt and only noticed it when I was wiping.

A couple months ago, I found another one.  I didn't think anything of it again.  Then, a couple weeks later (after that one healed) I got another one.  And they always seem to be in the same place or close.  Always on either the left or right labia or in the center where the labia's meet.  

I paid attention to this cut because it was followed by a series of pelvic pain, discomfort, UTI symptoms and a bunch of stuff.  Everything I got tested for was negative... UTI, yeast, bacteria, cultures...

Then the herpes subject came up again.  I thought I most certainly had herpes and it answered so many questions.  Culture and blood test for herpes was negative as of last month.

My OB basically washed their hands of me and told me I had a dry vagina and use replense wipes.  

I discovered two more of these cuts today and I immediately went to a new OB.  She was even worse than my normal one... again pointed towards herpes even though I was tested negative via culture and blood last month.  She then said if its not herpes its probably from your labia rubbing together.  What kind of a lame excuse is that?

I'm at my wits end and very frightened and scared.  Why am I the wierd girl who gets paper cuts on my vagina for no obvious reason?

Please help.  Thanks.
Check out yahoo groups  vulvar disorders.  Unexplained vaginal cuts or tears are more common then women or docs think.  Some of the women believe it's a hormone imbalance causing them, though the imbalance can be hard to detect.
I did register there thanks!  Funny thing I got replies so ranging in diversity... one woman tried to convince me I had crohn's disease!!  Which scared me to death!  

I noticed from a few sources that this is a hormonal problem... If you do some "hormonal symptoms" searches on google its amazing what you can find... and the majority of my symptoms have showed up in this category.

I have also read this post: http://www.medhelp.org/forums/WomensHealth/messages/674.html

And I believe there is another one... and it seems that a common link in these posts (for most) is birth control... which of course messes with your hormones.

I think I'm on to something....
Yeah, some of the women get kind of militant about their beliefs. They forget that everybody is different and just because they have it (or something that works for them) doesn't mean that you do.

There is still alot of good information in that group. Dee is especially helpful.
I don't know. I thought my cuts were herpes and the docs didn't for yrs. I had a herpes select test and it came back pos for type 2. Make sure you get a western blot or a herpes select type specific test done.
Yes, I've had herpes typing done... was all negative.  I posted some stuff on that yahoo forum but didn't really get anywhere.

A nurse practioner I spoke with thinks its a yeast infection in the skin.  But I've never heard of this.
yeast infection in the skin?  What is that?  If U find out please let us know.  
I can't beleive there are so many of you out there like me!  All the psots I have read state exactly what symptoms and pain I have. It all started after the birth of my child 3 years ago, at age 29. When I went t othe OB a year later he said to use lube during sex( what sex?) and that it was proably due to change in hormones which birth control pills contributed to. ( I have been on BP since I was 17 and never had this problem) It has been two years since I mentioned itto the doc, and now I really feel I need to bring up this embarrassing subject again. Unfortunately I do have herpes (thankfully extrememely mild) but I can speak from expereince , these tears ARE NOT what an outbreak feels like.
The tearing seems to happen over night--I wake up and BAM! it hurts like heck to pee!
I really hate there are so many of us suffering from this, and hate even more no one can name the condition. I strongly beleive it is hormones. From what very little I have read regarding HRT, etc. thre is a huge tendancy for women to be given estrogen replacement, when in fact, most women are estrogen dominate and need more progesterone. I am now thinking I need to learn more about "vaginal health issues' and hormones. I can't beleive I had to get to be 33 years old before I stumbled upon open info regarding female sexual health.
I sure hope so too... I just found some reall wierd discharge that I actually put in tupperware and stuck in the fridge.  It was like 3 inches long... kinda clear/yellowish and it was very gel like...

I think I'm gonna need some anti depressants soon. :(
I think the problems you mentioned wit hteh other pain and throbbing is connected to the tears somehow. i have had that at times, but not consitantly.
I hope we can find some answers soon!
I'm mainly trying to figure out now why I'm getting them so frequently.  The longest back I can remember getting one/them was like 3 years ago and then didn't start notcing them again till this past April.  I suppose I could have had them and not known about it.  Depending on where I get them, they don't hurt at all.  If they are on my lips closer to the ends of them, they hurt when I pee but if its farther down or in the center, I hardly notice them at all unless I touch them.

I'm also kind of freaked out right now because I have a "sensitive" vagina.  Its wierd... I feel ok usually but when I go to the bathroom and wipe myself I get incredibly irritated for like an hour after I go.  Its raw and kinda burns a bit and then goes away after a while.  My vagina also throbs.  I've never had this before and its really disturbing me.  

I'm really scared that I have some wacky disease that nobody knows about or cares to figure out.  I really don't want to go back to the OB cause I'm just tired of going to the doctor and tired of being told there's nothing wrong with me.
hey i am fed up with docs too!!!! i too suffer from the same painful tears at the entrance of my vaina during and after sex.  i guess the only thing we do got is this web site, so at least us girls can listen to each other and comment and help in any way they can.
Hey girls, I am having the same problems. I am 4 and a half months post-partum and nursing. I started having these symptoms about  3 weeks ago and went to see my ob. She said it looked like a yeast infection (even though I told her it didn't feel like one; i.e. no discharge, no odor), prescribed Diflucan and did a culture. The results came back negative for yeast and herpes, and positive for Group B strep. I was also positive for Group B when I was pregnant. My ob has now prescribed penicillin. Most of my internet research pulled up info on Group B strep for pregnant mothers, and that it is asymptomatic so it was a little confusing. Anyway, my ob said that's not always true and if there is a particularly invasive case, it could lead to all these fissures, papercuts and irritation. I hope this helps some of you out there.
this may help some, please read. several months long i have seen several gyno's and dr.'s with this 'papercut/tear issue.' they put me through multiple tests, treatments, biopsies, cultures. they believed it to be yeast, trichomoniasis, bacterial vaginosis, estrogen imbalances, lichen sclerosis, herpes and other std/sti's. all of those came out to be negative (although they all share some similar symptoms). i was on yasmin, and thought i could link this to hormonal changes, and changed my pill, no help. i went to a new dr. who was ok with biopsying the vaginal skin, my labia itself and it came back positive for hpv. to this day i have never had an hvp positive pap or abnormal pap, so it's residing in my outer vaginal tissue (somehow?) i dont want to freak anyone out, but i had no idea i had hpv and im not sure this is the true cause of this tears, as i dont have any warts and NO ONE with hpv seems to have these symptoms, ive spent countless hours online reseaching and havent found this to be so)
WHAT I DO KNOW is that i used premerin cream from my gyno twice a day everyday and it has lessened the severity but not completely treated it and ive done a few rounds of steroidal creams which made it feel awesome but you cant do this forever as topical steroids for prolonged periods of time will only thin the skin and cause further tearing. i will treat the hpv once im healed from my recent biopsy but thought this info may help someone out there.
my advice if you have seen a dr. and done everything to the 't' and are making a conscious effort to take care of youself (eat right, take your vitamins, sleep enough and regularly, drink moderately or not at all, dont smoke or cut back, those kinds of things...) if you are not satisfied see another doctor, it only took me over twenty thuosand at the mayo clinic, over 6 months of this hell and 3 gyno's and several doctors here home to get some 'answers.'  
have you seen a dermatolgist? that was my next step.
I find that I have these vaginal tears under stress.  The labia is red, irritated, often with white discharge present....and the cracks or tears are like paper cuts and hurt alot and sting when you urinate.  When it happens, it seems to happen when I'm stressed, or at a certain time of my cycle.  And it seems to get better when I start my period.  I believe it's hormone related.  I think it's because the hormones and stress somehow causes an imbalance of the pH of the vagina discharge.  And the burning and irritation is constant, because of the pH of the discharge is not normal and there is more discharge when it happens.  Your vagina is more acidic than basic.  Think about your sensitive tissues around your labia being soaked in basic fluids all day....they should be irritated.  The irritation stops when my period starts, and I believe it's because the pH of blood is not irritating to the tissues.  At times like these I'm glad to start my period.   And it can be yeast too, because when the pH of the vagina gets more basic, yeast can grow...you may notice white creamy or thick discharge....I've had these paper cuts, with and without a yeast infection...you can get a yeast infection on your clitoris too, and it can get all swollen and have some white discharge around it....ouch!  You can also get small tears around our labia if you're having dry sex.

This is what works for me...and it could be helpful for you too...but I'm not a doctor and not treating anyone here...just sharing...

I know that vaginal douching is not considered a good thing...but let me tell you ladies....it's the ONLY thing that works for me when I'm hurting down there, when it's the discharge that is causing the problem...I did this a few times....I cleaned myself out with cool water and it gets all the irritating discharge out and lets me rest for the night....you don't need a douching kit...just use your fingers to get the discharge out..carefully....I do this because, no matter how many times you wash the labia, it doesn't matter because more discharge will be coming out and irritating your skin again....please no soap...just cool water...and when you urinate...it will sting....make sure before you urinate that you have a towel or napkin drenching with cool water waiting to be pressed to the area and a pitcher of cool water....because it hurts to pee on those tears...and I know, I sympathize.....and it hurts to wipe with dry tissue...so what I do is..when I pee, I take the cup or pitcher of cool water and pour it on my labia while I pee.  It really helps to keep the sting away...pregnant women use a similar method called a sitz bath after they have their baby.  And then when I'm done,  I dab several cool fully soaked tissues on the area ...let the water drip into the toilet, or just rinse.  Always, always do it in the same way you wipe....front to back..so you don't get your cuts infected.  Make sure when you're pouring that the water is moving from the front to the back...and not vice versa.  Do not leave the area wet.  As soon as your done dabbing/rinsing...dab with dry tissues.  Keep the area clean and dry...airdry is best.....make sure you clean out the residue white discharge that may be lingering around in between your labia because that can contribute to the irritation too.  Put some Vaseline on your cuts....just a thin layer.  (I was just reading on a different website that Crisco shortening works very well for this, never tried it though).  And don't have sex, until your healed!  Believe me, I didn't know and all it did was make the tears worse....!  Next important thing is wear loose fitting underwear that is made from cotton.  That will keep away too much moisture and irritation.  (hint: dresses and skirts will make it less painful)...And when you sleep...try not to wear any underwear at all...it helps immensely and frees you from feeling yucky and sore.  Clean, dry, and put Vaseline on before you sleep.  And  treat the problem.  If it is yeast or other infection, treat it or it won't go away.......exercise, eat healthy, and keep stress down...see your doctor.

A few times I did this, and it went away after two days or so....other times I had to go to a doctor to get the yeast treated...
After years of vaginal tears, white skin, skin peeling, burning, pain and emotional "I don't feel like a woman" issues, I can say today Jan 2011 I am pain and symptom free

If you want to know more you can see my blog
http://lichensclerosus-treatment.blogspot.com/search/label/A%20Blog%20Welcome
I am posting this same e-mail on all of my "watched posts," Because my problem is solved and I want to "pay it forward" one last time before I remove my name from this forum.

There seems to be more than one thing happening. I am writing to those women who: have a reoccurring rip-type fissures on the inside of the labia, between the labia and clitoris, along the natural fold. (Mine was always in the same spot. -Note my earlier posts.) You probably have sensitive skin, you are probably high-stress, you may be more "moist" than you think is "typical." You are in relatively good health-maybe you workout. You have at times thought it was everything from soap to rough sex to a "big" boyfriend. You have ruled out everything, one at a time including Herpies (herpes) and other VD's with a test from Dr. It may be worse with hormonal changes, (monthly) or cyclically reoccurring or just always there to some degree. I had this same condition. "Chronic Whatever-itis" What ever they call it, it means your skin is inflamed. They are naming the symptoms, not the cause/problem.

I went to a Dr. He prescribed a topical steroid and a antibiotic. I also had a infection, which is common when things are out of balance down there. (yeast infections also can be commonly be present). I took the meds, it got better for a week, then came right back and I didn't return to Dr. for another year-just lived with it. This was the second Dr. I went to over the years for it. I had it 2001-2003, then all of 2008-2010. (You can wait and wait and live frustrated, (like I did), or go back as soon as the symptoms return and get your life back! Be assertive! I asked a lot of questions, gave him a ton of data on all that had "ruled out", that I was a serial monogamist that always used protection with my faithful boyfriends... (Frankly, I think he was bored with all of the talk, b/c they are trained to treat the symptoms with the mildest they think will work.) When I returned, He apologized that he didn't treat it more aggressively, the first time. By then I was crying and defeated thinking I would just have it forever. As he explained paired with my research and my first-hand account, this is what happened: At some time there was a trauma to the area, a scratch, rough touch, or yeast infection that went haywire. The body’s defenses are jumping on that area because it had an issue with that area already. My vaginal balance was way off. When the ph changes, and allows more bacteria/yeast to grow, (naturally through the month), that change/moisture irritated the area, increased discharge or sweat from working out or sitting too long, (little oven) irritated the area, my changing soaps and detergents 1,000 different times trying to solve the issue paired with extra wiping, washing and attention to the area irritated it and, it just never got to totally heal. All of the junk I put on it may have made it worse and the worrying didn't help a bit. He prescribed a "Z-pack" Which is Zithromax 250MG/Generic=Azithromycin=4 pills. He prescribed Flagyl 500MG=Metronidazole=14 pills. He prescribed Clobetasol .05% cream=a topical steroid, which I was going to use if I needed it after the antibiotics, but I didn't (maybe I used it for 2-3 days) - I was worried about the steroid, b/c of the fact that it thins the skin and it seemed counter - production intuitively to me). Anyhow the Antibiotics worked great! My body was able to heal itself after the Antibiotic Napalm Bomb. I have discolored skin from the years of trying to healing, but that too is lightening up and I have ZERO pain. It made me think of the "hard reset" on my computer. You know it's not great to do, but sometimes it must be done when nothing else is working. Also, separately and unsolicited -after seeing what I was prescribed, the Pharmacist volunteered that he had only seen this prescribed this way a couple of other time, but that it was quite effective for aggressively solving issues. By the way, he also said, "Do NOT drink alcohol with the one! Like no ‘wine sauce’ at dinner, no 'just a sip of wine.' No mouthwash- It contains alcohol- unless you want to be violently sick.

I wish you all luck in getting your issue taken care of.

Thank to everyone for all of your posts!
I don't know why I have vaginal papercuts or what they are from but I found a solution to help with the pain and duration of them.  When I get one I start imediately putting vasoline on them.  It protects it from the urine hitting them and helps to heal faster.  It really works!
I mean no disrespect, but it is important to note that it is not a "papercut that needs a little help healing" and could be more serious and need some real direct attention.

I am still totally fine and most people who really have a solution don't return to a site like this to leave specific drugs and detail to the persistent problem they are finally rid of... I worry about people fearing something terrible and not going to dr. or trying everything under-the sun over the counter and irritating the problem...PLEASE GO TO THE DOCTOR if it is at all persistent or re-occuring.... it is worth the peace of mind!

AND IF I had read that message (to go to dr.) earlier, instead of all of these things different people didn't have success with I could've possibly been free of this years ago. AND if it comes back I will go immediately back and demand the exact prescription I listed on my previous posting....

Re:My earlier post

"There seems to be more than one thing happening. I am writing to those women who: have a reoccurring rip-type fissures on the inside of the labia, between the labia and clitoris, along the natural fold. (Mine was always in the same spot. -Note my earlier posts.) You probably have sensitive skin, you are probably high-stress, you may be more "moist" than you think is "typical." You are in relatively good health-maybe you workout. You have at times thought it was everything from soap to rough sex to a "big" boyfriend. You have ruled out everything, one at a time including Herpies (herpes) and other VD's with a test from Dr. It may be worse with hormonal changes, (monthly) or cyclically reoccurring or just always there to some degree. I had this same condition. "Chronic Whatever-itis" What ever they call it, it means your skin is inflamed. They are naming the symptoms, not the cause/problem.

Try a deworming course. I had something similar as a child that went away with an anti-worm course.
I too have had these recurring tears for a while now. I thought they were related to yeast infections, but after a series of yeast infection test and STD tests, my OBGYN prescribed Fougera Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide, an ointment to put on the affected area. I had to apply it twice a day for five days, once a day for five days, and then once a day every other day for five more days. I was told to apply Vaseline on the days I wasn't using the ointment to block out moisture. My tear was completely healed by day four. It has been 26 days since I began the ointment and I have not used in a week. My tear is still gone! My doctor did think the tear was related to hormone changes, and heat and humidity, but she didn't have a better explanation. I hope it stays healed!
Hello everyone.
I am glad we are not alone in this and there is help. I have browsed through many of these posts and I am surprised that I have not seen this answer yet...so here you go. I myself also have been experiencing these papercut type cuts on my perineum, as well as the crack right above my rectum for about the past year and a half on and off. I at first thought i was having a herpes outbreak but my gyno told me that it wasn't and that it was caused by excess yeast in my system, which can leak out and cause the areas to be too dry and thus more susceptible to tearing. I began to do a lot of research on my own and have learned quite a lot. The first thing you should do to find out if you have too much yeast, also known as Candida, is a simple spit test. In the morning right after you wake up, spit into a glass of room temp water. Do this first thing, don't drink anything or eat anything just spit right away. Come back in about ten minutes to check on  how it looks. If you have too much yeast in your system, the spit will look like a gray glob on top, with long stringy strands sinking down towards the bottom of the glass. Eventually the heaviness of the yeast will cause it to sink to the bottom. Healthy spit is supposed to look  clear and bubbly and will eventually dissipate. So if you do this and you now think you have candida, the next step is to start doing a bunch of research on how to get rid of it!. The yeast feeds on a number of foods, the most important ones to avoid are sugar (in all its forms), this includes fruit, and all gluten containing foods (such as bread, wheat products), pasta, potatoes, corn, mushrooms (they are fungus, just like yeast), alcohol, starchy veggies like beets, carrots, any processed foods, soda etc. The list of avoid foods is long and seems overwhelming but it can be done! The most important thing to do in attempts to eliminate candida are to stick to the elimination diet for the 1st three weeks while including other healthy foods in your diet that combat the yeast. For a complete list of foods to avoid and to include in your diet, simply google the anti-candida diet. An added plus to following this diet is you may lose some weight! Trust me it's not easy but it's worth it. I have been following an almost completely gluten/sugar/alcohol free diet for the past 6 months and I still get flare-ups of the fissures, but now i can directly trace the cause of them back to whatever I may have eaten, and then I am that much more motivated to stay on track. An overqrowth of yeast is so common and many people are unaware of it. Many "diseases" are merely just systems of an imbalance in your system. If you take antibiotics, which kill off all the bacteria, good included, then you will develop an overgrowth of candida. When candida is in abundance and being fed continually by an American diet and lifestyle,as well as many other things such as birth control pills, habitual drinking or sugar binging, many other things are affected in the body. For example, skin problems, acne, female problems, fatigue, headaches, joint problems, indigestion, mood swings, etc. the list goes on and i have had them all. Begin doing your own research and I swear you will be amazed by how you can regain control of your body once you gain control of your diet! Also look into getting the supplement called Syclovir by world health mall. Its a plankton that absorbs up to 1,000 x's its own weight in toxins and candida and is very useful when used in conjuction with an elimination diet. I hope this helps! Its a daily struggle but it can be done!
I jujst turned 20 years old in june and i just started getting this problem about 2-3 months ago...My tears are on the outside of my vagina, toward the bottom, usually in the folds of the labia, sometimes on the left side, sometimes on the right, and sometimes on both. i get one or 2 every few days or sometimes every few weeks. i havent been sexually active for a few months, basically since right before i started noticing them. They only hurt when i touch them or when i wipe and usually go away within 1 or 2 days. I get very mild yeast-like infections once in a while. does anyone notice if this condition is more seasonal? It could be due to moistness down there, causing something bacterial maybe? the only pattern ive really noticed with it is that its come a couple days after my period every time for the past couple months. so maybe its from the skin being moist? i also used o masterbate with a vibrator a few times a day and i havent as much recently..it sounds crazy but someone on another forum said their doctor said it hads something to do with the muscles down there and she was given an excercise to do...but i dont htink thats the problem either...it's getting frustrating and id do almost anything to have it figured out.
its also more common after bowel movement for me.
I also get these cuts, i  thought at times they were from shaving in that area, so i stopped shaving there so close.  My bf found a cut in that area and went bonkers.  I am not cheating on him, i do not masturbate or anything.  I do sweat a lot down there and i have to change underclothes several times a day to feel comfortable.  When I wipe toilette paper sometimes sticks there and I have to  rub it to get it to go away.  I have never had a yeast infection before so I do not know what one is like.  I  am a bad girl that I do not wipe the proper way, I wipe backwards, I do not know if that caused it.  Also at my bf house he ran out of tp so i was using paper towels- I do not know if that can be the cause.  My area dies itch at times and yes i do itch it  a bit when it  does., can i be itching too hard i do have  little finger nails.  I do not know.  My bf wants me to go to the doctor so I will  go at his request.  I am thankful that other woman have this issue, I feel your pain, I am not the only one!  I do not want this issue to come between me and my bf.
im 26 weeks pregnant and not due for another check up til the end of the month and im also planned to go out of town tomorrow morning and i also dont have a vehicle at the moment to drive to see the doctor before we leave in the morning. but i noticed a cut that i have gotten in the past before like this but a week ago i also thought i was getting a yeast infection but wasnt sure cause nothing seemed to come of it. i was looking at the cut and it seemed like there was a few irritated bumps near the cut, like from my pubic hair being ingrown or something, which i had shaved a few days ago. and being pregnant i cant see very well down there to shave well. but anyways today i looked at it and my left outer lip is swallen and the pubic hair bumps have became white lil blisters. my friend who has herpes looked and said it wasnt anything she has seen but she suggested i put neosporin on it. but because i cant see my doctor right now im not sure if its ok to use while pregnant and especially in that area. im not sure what to do til i get back from my trip.
I'm going through this papercut things for 2 weeks now! I had one 2 weeks ago and I am so distressed since I found onother one just now (on the same palce but on the opposite side)
I went to the OBGYN the first day i found it and she said "I will take a Herpes culture" I FREAKED OUT!!! i've been crying ever since. I went to have all this blood test done and they haven't come back!! I talked to my boyfriend he has been very supportive but I feel so strange I do not even wanna see him.
I am so scared it could be Herpes!! omg!!!!

so I have all thosw symptoms, I thought it was yeast infection.
I also made the ususal PH test to my urine and it came back on the higher more acidic number possible! so I started to open my vagina when I peed so the urine did not touch the skin (it was all red and irritated) and washed with cold water after every pee.
so I saw another OBGYN she said it was not yeast infection, but the paper cut was already closed so she send me an antibiotic and a cream for yeast infection that I did not use cause I was afraid it would hurt my irritated skin.

I started having pelvic pain and a mild fever that lasted for like 4 days.
I notices my skin got better and all the clitoris area went back to the normal color... but the only area that continued red and burning was exactly the are around the urethra.

so today I got another papercut!!! the last one was gone the next day and I got it over night, but this one was not overnight.
I also noticed they both apeared where there is a natural vaginal line folding or wrinkle (don't know ho it's called) and also well a lot of my vaginal discharge gathers...and it was also acidic and very white (with the antibiotic the vaginal discharge have been going back to  transparent)...

I cant' wait to get those results!!!
I am so afraid! so I wanted to know if someone with herpes could tell me if this do happens when herpes is around.

I have to say I once had an HPV (warts) outbreak years agom but it has NOTHING to do with that since the warts do  not cause any aditional symptom.

I am glad to know other women have this same symptoms and it is not herpes!!! so I feel confident I might be on the same boat! since if it's not herpes I could talk about it with my mom and other women... cause Herpes is such a touchy topic!! omg!!!!
I am so scared about those tests!!!!
Re vaginal papercuts
I have had all tests come back negative on herpes, yeast and std and bacterial as well. I read on a thread about nystatin cream this is my second day and I feel much better. I don't know what this is but my stress level has been a rollercoaster and so perhaps that's it. Im.afraid this will ruin my sex life completely. However, I feel good now for the first time in months I truely hope this continues to work. My heart goes out to all
Well now i ma in a toguh situations... my exams including a cultive came back negative BUT Herpes HgM.  Herpes HgG cam back negative as 0.0% like super negative but the HgM came back as Equivocal!!!!!!!!!.......
so now the OB wants to retest me in a month...
I keep having these symptoms and as some girl here said they went away during my period. and came back afterwards.
So until she does not rules out Herpes competely she can't treat it!!! so I will go another month with all the symptoms...and really hoping it will come back negative :/
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I am 82 years old and have been getting these tears or cuts for a little over a year.  I am not sexually active but I seem to get these after a difficult bowel movement.  For the past year I have been treating it by using Neosporin or Polysporin after I urinate until the cut is healed.  It works for me and usually within a couple of days.
Hello. I have had this crap thing for about a year now.
At first I didn't pay any attention to it but when the cuts started getting more and more painful I decided to go to the gyno. I was absolutely paranoid thinking I had every disease known to man. Getting there I got checked for absolutely everything. Result: a disease, my doctor sasid that is very very common, I will ask the name of it again because after hearing I had s disease my mind went numb and I forgot the name of it, that 60% of women have. However nobody knows why it occurs or how to cure it. ( I wonder if a guy had a similar disease how quickly they would bust their ***** to find how to cure it )
The only thing they know is that it comes up for no reason, it's not sex related or hereditary. It might be linked to phsychosomatic issues but still there is nothing that can make it go away. It will have a mind of it's own, appear for a week then go away and then come back again.
What he said was apply a cream that is soothing like sudocrem
Does he have a knife for a tongue?
Send pictures to my email address :D
hii,
   apply fusi derm cream it does work.hydrocortisone also applicable.
thnx
Get a long course of antibiotics or a good treatment of Penicillin k, g or possibly Amoxicillin, but Penicillin definitely puts and end to it if your not allergic to it. Usually Penicillin/Flagyl combo gets rid of it too. And many midwife OB's don't understand it and look at you like you are from mars, assuming it's a yeast infection or if there is a long stringy discharge associated with it, they will say it's ovulatory discharge, they have no idea what they are talking about.  You may possibly notice a sore bruised feeling in your lower abdominal area or an itchy feeling in the walls of your skin inside the abdomen, but a bruised feeling and sore feeling in your lower spine when you turn in bed at night too and it's very sensitive around your cervix when getting a gyn exam with a speculum if it's untreated/misdiagnosed for a long time, if it goes into the dangerous stage your vaginal fluids with feel warm and sticky, and eventually you will have yellow pus and when you wipe it feels like hot pus, or just a general sensation of that in your entire lower abdominal area with bad constipation. It may start off as a urinary tract infection, that comes back with negative test results and will suddenly go up into your bladder/kidneys causing upper and lower back pain, but the antibiotics for urinary tract infection do work to get rid of that part, but for it to be completely gone, Penicillin derivatives are needed.  It's from both oral and gentital sex (some form of strep germ).  The men are passing it to women from other partners. They need to also be treated. Otherwise, all of your tests will come back negative, and it will morph into yellow pus from your cervix and you will get PID.. Been through that mystery a few times always after exposure to a man, especially ones who are cheating or have a lot of partners in their history, men are carriers and have no symptoms, and will also look at you like you are crazy once these symptoms start after exposure to them..  It appears to be some form of strep related problem. You can have a sort throat or muscle and joint discomfort with it too as time progresses and it's not treated.
Penicillin antibiotics get rid of all the strange vaginal symptoms as described in this post. The most astonishing thing is how many doc's and Gyn's have no clue what it is causing it. Foung out by accident or trial and error that Penicillin antibiotics combined with Flagyl gets rid of it completely for good as long as you are not exchanging bodily fluids with other people, it will not come back. People can carry this stuff silently after exposure then it starts wreaking havoc, and it's NOT a hormonal imbalance or dietary problem. I am so tired of these gyn people coming up with these crazy theories about that with yeast like symptoms, because it's not yeast. It's some sort of strep.. Just can't trust the Medical people, it's as if they don't know anything and just read from a transcript and if that doesn't match they leave you to suffer and tell you to try all these strange remedies. But, deworming with herbal treatments and good doses of antibiotics will make you feel clean and normal like you once did before ever having sex.. Try it if you can, get someone to work with you, it's hard, with many stubborn professionals, but when you get that treatment everything gets back in balance and back to normal. We know our bodies and when something is invading it. Some of us get symptoms fast and know, other people either ignore it or don't understand it  may have mild symptoms and think it's related to something else and keep passing this stuff around  just because all of their exams come back negative. If you know you are carrying something regardless of results, you are.. Try to get a multiple course of broad spectrum antibiotics, and hopefully you are not allergic as it will help you solve the mystery. Then become abstinent or just be careful not to exchange bodily fluids and then you will be symptom free..
I have been freaking out the past month trying to fix the itching -- my doctor thought it was a yeast infection and suggested using a hair dryer after I use the bathroom to help it stay dry. The best thing I've put on it is vitamin A & D ointment -- and I've tried everything!! The antifungal cream seems like it might be helping but I'll know for sure in a week... I still have no idea what it is or what's causing it. I have it mostly as a large cut between my vagina and my anus and then several small cuts around the anus in the cheek area.... The kicker is I still breast feed my youngest (9 months) and I've noticed some small cuts around her bottom area too. That's got me really concerned and definitely more motivated to figure this out -- if my own discomfort wasn't enough!! I don't know if she's getting it from me, or if we're allergic to something we're eating, or the birth control pills since I just started those back up again (I saw someone mention that and it seems like these tears started about the time I started taking them again...?) please keep posting maybe enough tid bits from each person can help us piece it together. The doctors dont give a crap to figure it out!-- we're going to have to figure it out for ourselves. I hope we figure it out soon!! :D
Hey Ladies,
I have a similar problem. The cuts appear only after I have been sexually excited. I am a virgin. When my guy fingers me this happens. I obviously only notice afterwards. This always happens no matter how gently he does it. I am now very hesitant about allowing him to do anything...
what was it? Did you get retested?
I am going through this problem right now and it's driving me freaking nuts.
Believe it or not I am actually applying small band-aids to the tears in the hopes it will help heal them.

This is new for me, but these are some things I've noticed:

*I think I'm older than most of you, I'm quickly approaching 40
*I have been on birth control forever (except during pregnancies) and this all started the minute I stopped using the patch
*Shortly after I quit the patch I got my first ever yeast infection, I treated it with an OTC suppository and then
*My OB called in Flagyl for the yeast infection, but it seems like it never cleared up 100%... then the tearing began...as soon as one tear heals, it seems like another one appears. They are always in the same spot: up and down the sides of my labia

So... I know many of you would disagree, but since my genitalia went AWOL as soon as I stopped birth control, and because I'm older, I've been wondering if this IS a hormone thing. I'm half-tempted to just start the patch again to see if this clears up. However, my other question is: Since I already did the Flagyl (although it was probably close to 2 months ago), if I got a Z-pack prescribed NOW do you think that would take care of it? I'm so sick of being in pain when I pee...
L-Lysine supplement is the answer. -- U of Mich website info on Lysine  http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/lysine-000312.htm -- at least it worked for me.  one tab a day - empty stomach.  after 2 days you should see a difference.
Check into lichen sclerosis. It can cause cuts and symptoms you describe. Derm or an OB who specializes in it is where to start.  You need to treat with a special steroid cream for relief and an estrogen cream topically and testosterone cream topically and possibly systemic bioidentical estrogen.
My husband and I had rough sex, we used a toy for the first time. Now I have cuts between my vagina and anus area, they really really hurt. Do you think it could have been from the rough sex? I am putting trible antibiotic on them and trying to keep the area dry.
I get these same exact cuts down there as well. Mines always come from me wiping, or washing to hard. And I also noticed that if a guy tries to put it in and can't seem to find the hole, the pressure that he uses to push and find it tears a little down there also. Once there are cuts if anything wet you touches it, it burns. And it's also irritating and it itches at times. Which causes you to scratch and make it a lot worse.
I JUST had this start happening to me. I found a tear last week on my left vaginal lip after I wiped. I used a baby wipe and found a lot of blood. Did you have bleeding? I've never had this before and it's scared me. Does the spot where the tear is get a little swollen?
I have had this issue since the beginning of the year. I started the pill and after 3 months it began. I do not know any cures, but Vaseline makes it feel a little better for me. I believe that it can be due to rubbing while walking or maybe even dehydration. Either way, I hope this helps a little bit.
This is nice to know I'm not the only girl in the world with a weird vagina! I get cuts all the time and it hurts so bad during intercourse (sorry hope that's not too much info). A part of me thinks it could be because he's so big & I'm small but Idk.. he's been my only partner I'd think my body would get use to him!!
    But I been going to gyno after gyno!! They also say herpes and all that! But just the other day I seen a new gyno and she prescribed me estrace cream, its like a estrogen cream to put on my vagina which will supposably restore and strengthen my vagina tissues... I'm kinda scared to use this cream tho because it increases your risk for cancer. So I'm kinda iffy, but at this point I'm willing to try it. What do you ladies think?? I hate that I have such a sensitive vagina!
have u been tested for syphilis? cause maybe thats it... idk im having the same problems... but i also have been dealing with chronic yeast problems xc idk what to do
Vaginal tearing.

Okay I had researched this like CRAZY and have seen a LOT of women with the same issue that I was having. Pretty much everything tore my vagina - it was like paper. If I wiped, I tore myself. If I put in a tampon, I tore myself.

It was painful and the only thing that helped was rubbing vaseline on the cuts until they healed - but they tore again right after.

I started taking rephresh pro-b and have not had a tear since I started taking it! Apparently it was an issue with my ph balance down there - I never had any real issues - no STDs, but I was having an excess of discharge, LOTS of bumps on my cervix, all of which have gone away!

This is the only thing that has ever fixed my issue! My discharge is perfectly normal and I don't tear down there at all.

If you're having this issue, get REPHRESH PRO-B and take it every day! Absolutely did the trick!