Vaginal Redness & Burning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vaginal Redness & Burning

Vaginal Area

In September of 06 my vulva area became red and burning. Tried several doctors and medications with no results. Went to a Dermatologist, they took skin sample. Diagnoised as Lichen Simplex Chronicus. NO SYMPTON OF ITCHING ONLY REDNESS AND BURNING. Given Medicine of Clobestrol ointment used once a day.
Only been using since February.

I am confused is this what I have or after reading about Vulvodynia.  Are there other alernatives in medications or treatments.  HELP HELP HELP....
Why don't you join the yahoo group   vulvar disorders.  I also think there is one for lichen simplex chr.   Yes you can have both.  Especially if the lsc causes you pain, you may be tightening your pelvic floor muscles without knowing it. This can lead to the constant burn of vulvodynia.  

Try to find a gyn that understands chronic vulvovaginal pain.  Get a second opinion.  And remember,  it's NOT in your head, it's in your vulva.  It's real, and there are treatments but it's hit and miss as to what doctor you have and what treatments work for you.

Get a second opinion and don't let your current docs talk you out of it.
Good luck.
Hi!
I feel for you, totally....I was diagnosed with LSC and Vulvodynia in Dec 2005 (symptoms started in March 05) and things cleared up but then in April 06 was diagnosed with Vulvar Vestibulitis Syndrome (VVS) and no longer had LSC!  This was from a vulvar specialist that I found by searching for a knowledgeable doctor in my area instead of accepting the words of a gynecologist at a small clinic. It took 8 months before the 1st diagnosis was finally made. Get a 2nd opinion, or 3rd.....Google search for vulvar specialists in your area. Don't let misunderstanding doctors misdiagnose your vagina!!  ;-)  You will get help and relief and find support and understanding.  My story can be found at nvvo.wordpress.com/julies-story and I love meeting other women who are forced to live/deal with this awful, devastating, chronic condition....because it gives me (and all of us!) so much strength and comfort and relief and hope.

Good luck!
Julie
Portland, OR
I wasnt afraid until I read your story..............god i feel like killing myself ! You should have kept this to yourself !