Vaginal Sore

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Vaginal Sore

I have had a sore that appears almost monthly on the labium minor (inner lip) of my vagina.  When it first starts it itches and the area turns red.  Then the side of my "lip" swells.  Then the bump begins and grows.  It then becomes sore.  It appears in the exact same spot every time.  I finally decided to go to the doctor.  They thought maybe an ingrown hair or cyst or bacterial infection.  They scraped it and the test was inconclusive.  They also did bloodwork.  They called to tell me I have Herpes.  I have been married for over 16 years and have not had another partner during that time.  I have never had any kind of sores or outbreaks before.  Neither has my husband.  I know he has been faithful. I know people will question that and my not believe me or think I am being stupid.  But I just know.  I cannot find any description of herpes that sounds like this spot I have.  My husband and I both had other partners prior to our marriage.  So, I can accept that I may have the herpes virus, but I still question if that is what this sore is all about.  We may have discovered the herpes on a fluke.  Does this sore sound like herpes or should I have it checked further the next time it occurs?  I am lost, confused and just don't know where to turn at this point.
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Avatar n tn
How old were you when you had your ...
16 hrs ago by Hadleigh_bell
aiyanas_momma commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals