Vaginal Sores

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vaginal Sores

I am just wondering of anyone could set my mind at ease. 5 days ago I noticed a burning feeling when urinating. After a closer look there were a few pimple like lumps around my vulva close to my vagina. I think the may be ingrown hairs as I shaved the day they appeared but now they have become open wounds and are only very small but are very painful when urinating. I removed a hair from under a new bump today which has resulted in a new wound. Some of them have healed but the really sore ones further towards my vagina will not heal. I do not think it is an STD as I have a boyfriend and he does not have any symptoms and I have not been with anyone else. Please help.
This sounds a lot like genital herpes.  You need to go to a doctor while the sores are still there so you can have a culture taken.  You could also ask Dr. HHH on the STD forum, but I think he'll tell you the same thing.

You need to see a doctor.  It might not be that, but it would be best to find out.  
even tho neither of us have had symptoms before and we've been together for 2 years now? could it just be a bad reaction to shaving or a new shower gel i used? i will go get it checked anyway but was hoping not to hear that it sounds like herpes.
Well, if you recently used new products in that area, it could be a reaction, but you should see a doctor anyway.

Many people who are found to have herpes are asymptomatic.  You need to be seen to be sure.  Its an important thing to know for sure, and not to guess about over the internet.  

i been having bacterial infections lately ... i will get the meds for them but once i am finished them and have sex again i start itching ... the doctor has giving me a one time cream which took the itching away but now i have chapped and kind of open wounds that burn like cuts when i wipe after using the bathroom... what could this be... the doctor didnt actually check me the last time i went to the doctors so he didnt have a chance to see the sores... how can you get genital herpes if the guy has no symptoms and he is clean... can anyone help or has anyone had these symptoms?
I am sorry to inform you that 90% of people who contract genatle herpes contract it from a partner who has no symptoms...it can also take years to show up. it sounds very much like herpes to me i would go to the doctor and get a test its very simple. also just to inform people who do not know there are two types of herpes type 1 (cold sores) and type 2 (genital) . if you have ever had a cold sore you have the herpes virus and if you engage in oral sex with a cold sore...you can give them type 1 down there...it is extremely easy to spread i know i man who got it from a stripper at his bachelor party just from her picking a dollar bill off his face with her thighs.