Vaginal Tearing during sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 201-288 comments:
I've had the same problem /: like during sex as it goes in it bleeds straight away and I always get a cut :S I know I should keep it clean but why is it actually caused /:
i have been looking through numerous websites on where abouts u are suppose to tear after first time and from what iv gathered, the muscles between the vag and the anus is not suppose to tear, or is it? Or is the angle wrong, is there something wrong with me?

i push through the pain i get, which isnt too bad but after about 5 mins of trying i need to stop, we have been doing foreplay for years now so i thought that wouldnt be a problem

seriously confused/worried
We buy the 100ml bottle of Pjur Woman Bodyglide 100ml / 3.4oz bottle at

http://www.pjurusa.com/category.jhtm?cid=130

Remember that a small drop goes a long ways.  I even use it for chapped lips. The great thing is that it never gets sticky.

I also found that taking a coconut oil supplement seems to have strengthened the skin.  I take 1000mg gel cap per day and get it from Puritan's Pride on-line. I also used the topical coconut oil cream on the tearing area for a few weeks to be extra cautious. I still use it on occasionally as a lotion on other parts of my body.

http://www.puritan.com/coconut-508?searchterm=coconut&rdcnt=1

We seldom see tearing once I healed, took the coconut oil, and watch to use the lubricant if I experience dryness.

It is wonderful to be tear free even after robust and long lasting lovemaking. The only time I've experienced any tearing, and that was very minor, was when we were having particularly robust lovemaking and he slipped out and thrust up along the top towards my clitoris. We just need to be careful when we get overly active although he slipped out the other night with no tearing at all.

I hope this helps you. Feel free to send me an e-mail directly if you have any further questions.

***@****

Shelly
have you ever found a solution/answer? I had this same problem a year ago. Tested positive for HSV 1. However, after no symptoms of HSV for an entire, I got blood work redone and found out I was negative? All the while, I get the same cut everytime my boyfriend and I of 2 years have sex multiple times a day/consecutive days. Currently, I have one of the worst cuts I've had in some time and it's so closely resembling my first herpes outbreak it is making me nervous. Any medical advice out there as to what to think/start asking my doctor?
Why should vagina tears?
You need to tell him passionate sex is fine but he cant go at it like a jackhammer cause it hurts. He should worry about your pleasure not just his. He is probably going to hard and tearing you. How about you get on top and control the pace if he can't do it right. You have all the control your the girl!
I tore a lot. And when i say a lot i mean every single time i had sex, i would tear so badly i couldn't wipe myself off after going to the bathroom. I thought maybe im overreacting and making something out of nothing, but i went to my Gyne just the same. It turns out i was born with a think vaginal wall on my right side which prevented my skin from being able to stretch properly which caused my tearing. A small operation to remove the hardened / thick excess skin was the answer and for the first time in my life after the surgery, i don'y tear during any form of sexual intercourse. It rocks! So go get it checked out, it could actually be SOMETHING.
when it heals do your hole close back up ?
Hello all of you, I have just logged on because I had to diffuse some bad information and do some explaining from a soft tissue expert, who also gets vaginal tears due to large penis. Your vagina is membrane, not skin. It needs to be moist to heal. You can do this with any natural oil, such as shea butter or vitamin e as suggested.  Do not use baby powder or any scented or alcohol cream.  
It burns to pee because pee is uric acid.  I don't like acid on my cuts so I try to pee in the bathtub with some water diffusing the acid as it hits my cut. I put some epsom salt in. I wait to have sex because a penis rubbing on an open wound is bad.  When it heals, I have sex slowly to start, to stretch the tissue so it doesn't break.  Use lubrication. Its fun. Its not a disease, and your doctor knows nothing about tearing, but if it is *****, or has discharge this is a separate issue, and your cut is large and possibly infected. Go to a doctor, they have good drugs for this. Your cut will heal.  Take fatty acids to help the tissue in the future.  Another tip: Massage the outside.  Find where the pain is. Sex is good because there are lots of nerve endings in our vagina.  Lots and lots.  These don't like being rubbed raw, but it sure feels good sometimes.  When you have a tear, it hurts to be stretched or rubbed because of the nerve endings. If you massage the outside, find the spot it hurts and give it a massage, you will increase circulation to the area and desensitize the nerve. Voila. You will be good to have sex in no time.  Good luck!
Are you on birth control? Or anything like that? What it may be is your getting scarred and tension up during sex, with this your estrogen levels might be off causing the walls inside you to be thinned. I had the same problem and it turned out they had given me a birth control that was completely wrong for me, had alonst triple the estrogen I should have! If your on bc I highly recomend switching to another
thank all of you for comments and advice it has given me hope because as all of you i had sex and ended up with 2tears from my vagina to anus also on the side near  my clitoris...... painful not to mention embarrassing  stuff. i went to my doctor he gave me antibiotics because it turned into a track and yeast infection, everything is messed up in my nether regions.  the meds helped the inflammation and infection but the cuts wont heal, does anyone know how long the average women takes to heal down there? becaUse i miss the days of not being in pain or worry about the next time i have to urinate. Help
i was having sex with my boyfriend and he pulled out and tried to ram it back in but he ended up tearing the very bottom of my vag it hurts and bleed like crazy will it heal on its own im also 17 and dont want my parents to know iv been having sex so i cant go to the doctor  
I have the same problem I get tears all the time my guy is also big. My doctor told me that yeast infections can tear your vagina too. What she told me to do is put 3 to 2 fingurs where the tear is at and push down lightly and if it dosent hurt push harder  if it hurts back off and wait for a week or 2 then do it again if it donsent hurt at all then its healed. If you say that your vagina is buring around the area you might have a yeast infection or you are useing something that your vagina is sensetive to like soap the best kind to use is Dove saop for sensetive skin i wouldnt wash down there all the time but here and there wont hurt so no discharge build up. Other resaon to might to because not enugh foreplay or your vagina to still to dry the best kind for lub is KY jelly sensetive skin or KY vit E hope this helps
Im also.havin this issue & it has been 3 days. Was starting 2 get worryed
Yes, it will heal on its own give it a week or 2 or a month on how bad it is make sure to keep it clean and dry down there maybe on why it tore is bacuase when he pulled out it was dry dont worrie every girl gets this
i have had the same problem but i had sex last night but it was with my ex boyfriend and he was do it abit rough and then i said to him stop cause its hurtin then i noticed that i was bleeding very bad but then i noticed i couldnt sleep or i couldnt sit down or stand up but i text my mum and she sed that she will take me to hospital to get it checked out but she never toke me in the end but i have a drs appointment today at 4;50 but then my mum thinks that i could be pregnant but the only thing is i cant do anything cuase its so painful even when i go to the toilet it feels like i am peeing razor blades out i cant even walk probably but im scarred incase i go to my dr and she sends me to the hospital and they say that i havento stay in over night can anyone comment back please ????
well if you say it was a bit rough and it hurt really bad is because there was no foreplay or a little foreplay u have to make sure theres more foreplay and that u are ready if your mom say that u could be pregnant i dont it could be if it hurts to walk, sleep , sit, pee, stand is prob that you where really dry inside that your ex bf could have tore you really bad but if your mom say u are pregnant you should take a test to be sure but i never heard that it can do that your vagina has to do with it not your ovaries or if you say both hurt then there might be a chance so far on the bleeding its prob that he tore you i get tore all the time hope this helps.
my boyfriend recently told me he is scared to have sex with me because he has torn girls vaginas before and i have been reading about it and now i am kinda scared to have sex with him is there anything i can do to avoid him tearing me? i need to know please help :(
well to tell u the truth my bf is large he tears me all the time i thought it was something else that was going on but there wasnt i ask the doc what it is she said it a lil  tear u should have a lot of foreplay when  a guy is large but after i have a lot of foreplay things have goten better if he dose tear u make sure u stop right away and let it heal for a week or 2 sometimes even a month i had to let mine heal close to a month because its moist down there and it takes longer to heal  hope this help
You need to wait at least 2 weeks before trying again. And before that you should be taking warm baths with witchhazel in the water and soaking for 5 to 10 mins several times a day. And when you go to the restroom do not use tolit paper to clean yourself. Instead use baby wipes the unsented ones
i don't know if anyone answered this farther down, but i'm surprised no one on here has mentioned lichen sclerosis.  my sister has it and as it can be genetic but rare, i have feared i may have it too.  i have been having sex almost three years and it has been painful only occasionally and i never noticed any tearing or sensitivity of the skin so i thought i was ok, but recently i've been tearing and just today had a nasty looking bloody tear right outside my vaginal opening.  this seems to have been triggered by a supposed yeast infection that doesn't seem to be going away, even with dr's treatment.  i am so scared it could be lichen because my sister has said it's ruined her sex life and i am afraid how that could affect my relationship in the long run.  as far as i know, there is no cure, only semi-"treatments" that don't always work.   i also really enjoy sex with my bf...i would hate to have that taken away from me also.  i hope you all do not have this and i hope i don't either.   good luck
I had this happen recently with my husband and thought I has herpes. Went to my obgyn and called them 4 days later and that was ruled out. I am now going through it again and it's severely painful. I've never given natural birth but I give props to the ladies who tear! Desitin should be safe since its safe for little girls with booty rashes! I'll be trying it tonight!
definitely get that checked out girlie, it sounds very serious and severe. i recommend seeing a gynecologist, they always know what's wrong. Good luck!
I had that too. I had to take off my underwear because it was iritating too much and then put on an ice pack. I was in tears, because I was so swollen from the tear. It will heal. My boyfriend went away to see his family for a week and it got better while he was gone, but it was still tender, so take a week off and take it slow after that until you feel better. Some suggest dabbing on some vitamin e oil as well :)
Last Friday, my boyfriend and I had sex, and during it I felt like something was ripping in me. I was in pain from the beginning, so we had to stop early. Several hours later, I went to use the bathroom and it burned and there was blood when I wiped. I have no idea what it could be. The bleeding has somewhat stopped, but today it was kind itchy like and uncomfortable. I don't know if it's a tear that's in the healing process, but I'm very very worried. For the record, my boyfriend and I are monogamous, we've been together a while, and we both have no STDs. I really need some advice please!
Well I had the same problem I thought the rip was in the process of healing to (itchy like) and when I peed it was burning like hell. I went to the doctor and she said its a little tear so it could just a little tear do you know where the tear is at?. My tears come for the opening of my vagina. So it might be there. Sometimes all ask my bf to see if the tear has healed but I think you need to get check first. Hope this help and don't worry this happens to everyone that has this issue not just you. : )
I went to the Doc for this problem, and she couldn't tell me whats wrong.  She said she thinks its Herpes 1, not genital herpes since i was negative for that.  She said she had no idea what the pain was from.  I am going to try the vitamen E.  I hope it works, because i miss having sex, its just way to painful for weeks after I do have it.  it *****!  thanks for your post
Help!! My boyfriend was fingering me for awhile and i am the one who actually made him do it rough. I have been bleeding for two days. Should i see a doctor or will i heal?
i've always had this problem. i've recently had a full STI screening and am completely free of everything, including thrush and a UTI. I was with my ex for 15 months and after about 6 months i noticed that he'd cut me during intercourse, just one little cut, at the back of the "hole". since then, nearly every time I have sex the cut opens again, so i can't go all night or anything like that. after i've had sex once i can't for another few days. I've been with my current boyfriend for 14 months and i've noticed the same problem again, i get a cut that reopens. just the same tiny cut, not gettng any bigger but its very very sensitive and it's a pain, it puts me off of sex sometimes because i know its going to hurt after! can anyone suggest any natural healing remedies to promote healthier skin down there?
After reading through many different entries on several different forums where the questions appeared to outweigh helpful at-home suggestions, I am writing a description of my recent experience with vaginal tearing.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor. There is no substitute for professional, medical advice. This information is for women who have or are experiencing tearing or cuts due to fingering, rough sex or just plain old vigorous intercourse. This is not for women who suspect they might have herpes, been raped or suffering due to childbirth.

Here is my experience...my partner did some rough fingering at my request. It had been approximately a month since any sexual activity and I had tightened up. Plus, this was about a week after my period, so the vaginal walls were drier than I thought. (Doesn't help to be periomenopausal either. Yet another thing they don't tell you. That as your body ages, the vaginal walls thin due to lower estrogen).

Immediately afterwards, I got up to urinate and rinse out (prevents UTI's). I was bleeding. It was not leftover menses. I made sure to carefully rinse with a topical Betadine solution (no douching). Later that evening, I went to urinate and yes, it was like peeing razor blades. (Someone else had posted that and it is precisely what it felt like).

Ruling out herpes immediately (monogamous, long-term relationship) plus it seemed fairly clear to me. Rough motion + little lubrication = tears. That resolved, the next step was to stop the pain. I began home treatment similar to what I would do for a urinary tract infection: cranberry pills, acidophilous tablets and lots of water. I used diaper rash ointment (primarily zinc and mineral oil) as a topical. I took an NSAID (ibuprofen) to help reduce swelling and inflammation.

I also took Sitz baths. Twenty or more minutes soaking in Epsom salts. I added Betadine to the water.

As soon as I could, I went to the store and purchased AZO and Cystex. The AZO tablets seemed to provide better relief as a topical analgesic. I stopped drinking pop and tea and drank water instead. You do not want to dehydrate which is what caffeinated products do.

Over the next few days, I used different prescription creams. What seemed to work the best was Muiprocin, but I don't believe it was because of the active prescription-only medicine, I believe it was because of the petroleum base. You can also use prescription Triamincolone. I also started an oral antibiotic and took Diflucan.

My goal was to stop any urination pain and to prevent any potential UTI and/or yeast infection while the cuts were healing.

With that being said, I am fortunate to have access to health care and I realize many of you do not. So, my suggestion is to use a zinc oxide cream, OTC AZO or Cystex, be very careful wiping and drying. Take Epsom salt Sitz baths.

I did try Witch Hazel wipes, but they caused stinging. I did not try the vinegar like someone mentioned.

Ladies, do not be afraid to actually look at where you believe the tears are ... you need to have a visual so that you can monitor the healing process. It took six days for me to stop having the painful urination. And for pity's sake, something I have read on several different forums is that women rush the healing process.

There is NO need to have sex right away after tearing. Your husband, spouse or significant other should understand that the tissues take time to heal. Give yourself at least two weeks minimum.

I also want to add that if you do not see any improvement within a week or continue to bleed then get to a doctor. The Internet is a wonderful place, but only a medical professional can diagnosis your specific case.
So about a week ago me and my boyfriend had really rough sex. Usually we always do.. its never had been a problem. Until last week after we finished i went to the washroom wiped myself it hurt. I thought maybe its because it was too rough it would be a little pain. I ignored it but as the days progressed whenever i urinate it has become extremely painful. A burning sensation from my vagina and towards my anus. I decided to take a look in the mirror and i have two small scares half the size of my pinky nail around my vagina whole. its torn like a fresh cut. As well i have a few random small bumps. almost like razer bumps from shaving(pimple like) im not exactly sure if it could be herpes because i know that i am clean i get checked and so does it.. do you think it could possibly just be an infection from the cut? im actually quiet afraid these cuts could lead to a serious matter.....anyone have any similar problems!! i've become pretty worried. ive searched online for answers and im getting a bunch of different answers were i am becoming strictly paranoid!!!!
I don't know if you have figured something out for your birth control situation but here in WA state we have a program called "take charge" for women trying to plan their own family ie; Free-low cost birth control. i'm going in next week to have an IUD placed inside. It works for 10 years and has no hormones. A lot of women have issues with the hormones from the pill, you are not alone and in case an IUD is not for you as well (I know a lot of women who love it) the UK recently developed a for of birth control for a guy!! I know right!! But our FDA hasn't passed it yet.. So until we get guy birth control in the states good luck to you!!
  Oh and did you do anything to help your tear heal?? I've had mine for three days now and it really hurts.. someone said something about a topical testosterone cream? Anybody know of a name or if I can even get that over the counter or if it is okay to use on an open wound? Thanks for all you ladies help!!
Testerone cream is prescription only. OTC products you could try are zinc oxide (diaper rash ointment) or you might try Palmer's Stretch Mark cream. It is a combination of elastin and aloe among other ingredients. This will help cover the tears and promote healing. Is the pain from the tears specifically or during urination? Like I mentioned before in my previous post, AZO will help with taking the pain out of urination. But you have to be careful on dosing, because it can make you dizzy. (Not to mention staining).
My question is I have tearing, but were is good place to go see a doctor about this problem? Because it burns sometime, but I have been tested already and nothing wrong with me, but the tearing
I know this is an older thread, but I wanted to throw my two cents in. I had sex for the second time last night, and I knew I tore a little bit, but we just changed positions, and kept going (my decision, he wasn't being a jerk, just to clarify). The first time we had sex, we didn't use a condom and I didn't tear or experience any discomfort, even though it was my first time. Last night we did use a condom, and I think the added friction is what caused the tearing. I know it isn't herpes, so we.can rule that out lol. My best friend tore when she gave birth, and needed stitches. I decided to try what she did to help heal it, and what she uses for her baby's diaper rash... A+D ointment. I've been using it every time after I go to the bathroom, it isn't too slimy, and definitely reduces the discomfort. Probably safer to use in the vaginal region than Neosporin and less gross feeling than Desitin. Hope this helps!
was it the hydro cortisone or the meladerm that you think helped? I was glad to see other people had this same problem too because it is pretty upsetting that it hurts everytime i have sex.  ugh
I unfortunately am breaking it off with my BF...
Never in the 26 years I've been having sex have I ever been ripped up so bad. He's huge, plus I've never had children. I have only been with him for 3 months, and I love sex too much to sacrifice waiting 2 weeks to heal and have it happen every time even with lubrication. It leaves me terrified to think about him entering me and causing more tears which lead to scar tissue. It ***** because he is an awesome man but he can't get off with oral.  No good for either one of us!  

So ladies..it's your body and your choice.  Once you settle for less than you deserve you get less than settled for!!!  Next~

my boyfriend stretched me and I was sore the first few times we had sex but never any tearing.
I tried several things to help me heal vaginal tearing after sex.  However, the only thing that helped and actually allowed me to feel better and within the firt half an hour was aloe gel.  Make sure to use the one without preservatives and good luck!
I've just started to look for others who have this vaginal tearing problem. I have been with my bf for 2 years and have been bleeding from sex for 1 year and 9 months. When we first started having sex, I didn't bleed so I'm not sure what changed. I've went and gotten tested for every STD. All negative. My gyno hasn't even been able to see the cut because it heals so fast. For the longest time, he thought my cervix was bleeding so they checked for cysts and all that. He said that if my Papsmear came back normal, that he doesn't want to see me until after i have kids. Well it came back normal and I'm just 21 so I don't plan on having kids anytime soon.
     When I found the cut myself, I thought " hey maybe it will heal if we don't have sex for awhile". We waited for 5 1/2 weeks before we had sex again. And it still got torn! It's makes me so mad just to think about it. I really do not want to go another 4+ years experiencing pain during (limited postion) sex and having to clean up the crime scene afterwards. I've heard about a surgery you can get where they cut out the scar tissue and stitch you together so it heals. But before I do that, I'm looking for a cream that might help the scar tissue to stretch during sex. I've found some for before and after labor so I hope it helps. It's about $21 for a small bottle but that still beats a visit to my gyno telling me to wait it out.
I tore during very harsh sex, went to the emergency room and they told me I had a level 3 tear out of a possible level 4, and I had to get stitches. Some tears will NOT heal on their own and will need stitches. If you have any doubt at all, stop having sex immediately and refrain from it till you are seen by a doctor, take care of yourself first. It was extremly scary what happened to me and I dont wish it upon anyone. Sending well wishes to you all!
i have had the same thing happen to me. usually the vagina will tear depending on how big the **** is. ;) but it should only last 1-2 days. if longer thats either a really nice size penis or somethings not going right down there. dont worry hun it will heal.
i am having a tearing problem, its s small tear at the base of my vagina or i guess you could say the beginning of the perineum.it is sideways and leads into the vagina, not straight up and down. weve waited for weeks between sex and it always opens right back up. it doesnt burn or itch or anything like that at any time. its just slightly painful but extremely uncomfortable. i dont think it is due to my boyfriends size, or any std like herpes or anything like that. weve done every position, it always happens. i went to my gyno and once all my std tests come back normal probably this week or next ( like i said im sure they will be normal) he wants to send me to a specialist. i have been on the depo provera shot for about two years and some women on other sites said this has left them with dryness or thinning of the skin down there because of the hormones. i dont know if its dry or the skin or what is causing it, but its driving me crazy. ladies if anyone can help me please do id love to hear any advice or thoughts you may have. thank you!
Ok so ill be blunt about this. Last night I was fingered and at one point i had to tell him to stop cause something hurt and then after he kept going and it was ok but to a certain point. We stopped when we noticed I was bleeding a little and then when I used to bathroom and urinated it hurt so much! I washed with warm water and put a little rubbing alcohol and went to sleep. This morning I got a mirror to check what the heck is it that j have down there and noticed like a cut or a tear I guess. is there anything else I can do?? or just wait for it to heal??
I got a vagina tear from the doctor he did a pelvic on me and a week later I have this tear that hurts like heal when I pre I can't hardly move or sit I've been with my huspand for 11 years and never had one before anyone have any suggestions should I go to the doctor.
What's the name of the 21$ cream?
medicated lip balm like blistex or polysporin worked for me! apply twive daily til healed then every one to two days to prevent further tears.hope this helps, i've been tear free for months.
i have a question but its not exactly the same like you guys...when i had sex with my boyfriend i did not have any bleeding although i was in immense pain for the next 3 days. as i dint bleed, my boyfriend refuses to believe that i was a virgin and did not have sex with anyone before. i'm not being able to make him understand the truth. but i would like to mention that i was engaged in a close relationship with an other guy before, and although we did not have sex, we were engaged in fingering and even tried penetrating. so is dere any chance that my vaginal wall has got ruptured back then and i had lost my virginity??? is there any scientific explanation to this...?? if yes then please let me know. it will help me immensly in my relationship with my current boyfriend
Its due to Not enough natural lubication I agree about the coconut oil helping. Just try to keep things slow. That's most important in the beginning.
Hey Ladies,

I noticed some of you mentioned you believe it was your birth control pills and some said they stopped the pill and things went back to normal. After doing a lot of research, I feel that my cuts might be because of the pill as well. I was on LUTERA for a year and a half and switched to Caziant about a month ago. I know this post is about vaginal cuts in general but I started a new post, specifically about vaginal tears that might be due to the pill.

Please reply if you feel the pill was the reason for your cuts or if you know it was the reason and things have changed for the better for you. You can reply here or on my post. I really wanna figure it out. Here's the link.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Womens-Health/Can-vaginal-tears-be-caused-by-birth-control-pills/show/1821005#post_8395368
Hey witchygirl,

How long did it take for your tears to stop after you switched to a different pill? I think mine is because of the pill too. I was on Lutera for a year and a half and switched to Caziant a month ago.

I've been sexually active for 6 months now. My boyfriend and I lost our virginity together so neither of us have been with anyone else. Well after about 5 months of having sex my vagina started to feel like it was ripping and it burned afterwards. It hurt on the outside towards the back of my vagina. The part closest to my butt. There was a rip we could see and it was red and swollen. It hurt everytime he went to put it in, the whole time during sex and everytime he pulled out. Well his penis isn't abnormally large. Its average. 6 inches. So I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I came across a way to ease and fix the pain without going to the doctors online. I know this is going to sound crazy.. But before you dismiss this claim..Read up on it online. A mans semen is good for our vagina's. Let your man *** inside you (If you're on the pill or have some kind of contraception). I started letting my boyfriend and my vagina since hasn't had any problems. His semen is made to help your vagina stay healthy. Its not just for getting you pregnant. Seriously, look into it if nothing else has helped you. This helped me. (: Goodluck!
I've only had an issue with vaginal tearing with my current partner.  The issue began to develop a few months into our relationship and at first I was dismayed, worried, and very confused.  All I knew is that sex hurt and that something was very wrong with that.  After seeing my gyno and discussing with him my discomfort he offered me a solution.  His diagnosis was that I wasn't relaxing during intercourse and that this was causing discomfort and irritation.  Aparently the muscle that runs between your anus and vaginal opening can tense up and make intercourse painful.  I finally took it upon myself to examine on my own and found multiple thread width tears along the exterior of my vaginal opening, right around the bottom near that muscle.  Needless to say we gave it a few weeks time to heal, used coconut oil to sooth the tears nearly everyday, and use a sufficient amount of lube when having sex.  From what I can find this has remedied my situation (tearing still occurs on occasion) but I don't have the gut wrenching, being stabbed with a knife feeling when we even attempt to have sex.  So yay, and coconut oil* The BEST
Me and my boyfriend had sex like 5 hours ago. My vagina hurts really bad. In the past we would have sex like once every month or two. And it would rip everytime. But recently we have been doing it everyday. And it didnt hurt. Today felt so awful. It hurt. I was bleeding. Not like bad, but like spotting. And when I peed it felt like a needle. It hurt so bad. I need to know what is wrong with me? Help?
I have similar issues, but I don't have any physical tears on the outside. Is it possible that my vaginal walls were just a little torn on the inside do to a larger than I'm used to penis? because i have no actual pain, I just have bled the last couple of times we have had intercourse.
Great advice, thank you.
Hi, I too would like some advice. Two days ago I had a few hours of prolonged vigorous sex with my boyfriend of over two years. I know for a fact that my vagina is not used to sex since I gave gave up my "flower" to him only a couple months ago and due to work and school we only get to do the act about once a week so i think I abused my vagina with this long act. It feels raw, on my inner labia an around and in my opening. I see no tears, blisters, only red raw tissue that is very irritated and burns when anything touches it (including my panties). Does anyone have any advice on what i could use to dull the burn at least till it ge sometime to heal or until im able to go get checked?
If it hurts when you pee, here's a little trick I learned. I have vaginal tearing blah blah blah. When you use the toilet, put your hands on the floor and turn your butt up into the sky. This will cause the pee to come down towards your clitoris, which will not touch any tears near your vagina. If it still hurts, there could be a cut on your clitoris, or urinary tract or you could have a UTI. So. Do this. Trust me it works.
Did your tear bleed? And if so for how long???
I just recently looked down there .. You know and it seemed like my vagina was ripped in 3 places I don't know what could have caused this. I recently had a pap 3 days ago and I've been having regular sex but I didn't feel any sort of pain till last night . I'm freakig out. Will it stay like that forever ? Or is going to heal up with time ? I don't know what to do I need help and I'm a little embarrassed please help me !
I have a question ladies.... I have been with my bf for about a year now. He is larger than any other man I have been with and our sex life is awesome. We usually have sex 3 times a day about 3-4 days a week. In the beginning he didn't cause me any pain at all. After a couple months I did notice that once we hit the hour mark on sex I began to get sore and we started needing to use lubrication. Now I need to use lubrication every time. But this was never a problem. I have been to my Gyno and I know I am clean and free of any STD's. But recently I have noticed that I have pain in the very beginning of sex. It hurts very badly when he is entering me only on the left side of my vagina, just inside the opening. I took a mirror and looked and it seems red, and torn, and irritated. I use Summers Eve unscented wipes. I drink cranberry juice like its going out of style. And we took about 1 1/2 - almost 2 weeks off of sex. Yet it still isn't healing and it hurts when he enters me. After about 3-5 strokes the pain goes away and sex is perfect. But the beginning pain is really starting to get on my nerves. Any suggestions????
I had a similar issue.  Had sex for first time in almost 2 years, he's very big for me and the sex was pretty rough and pretty frequent for just one night.
I can pretty much pin point when the tearing occurred, I started to hurt but thought I was just sore. After 2 days the pain when urinating was agony, went to my doctor.
She immediately saw 2 cuts and dubbed them herpes.  She took a pap, several swabs then a culture where she got a sharp piece of plastic and basically made the cuts worse.  My urine sample had tested positive for a UTI (my first ever) I have pcos so I'm very aware what goes on down there.
She sent me on my way with 6 month script for valtrex, cipro and a cream (something with a z....also for herpes) and severe depression.  
I only filled the script for the cipro because the more I thought about it I knew I didn't have herpes and the cream was $977 with my crap coverage.
She made me wait 5 days till all the tests and blood work came back.  All negative for herpes but positive for a cipro resistant UTI. Duh
I now have ampicillin and she says, try to use vasilline but its probably still herpes but came back negative cause the wounds had no pus.
Now 5 days later I'm more uncomfortable than ever, while the pain when urinating has eased some I now have a persistent internal itching which I think is the tears healing.  I know the UTI hasn't gone away because I'm holding it cause of the pain.  I tried vasilline and even neosporin with no luck. Here I am awake at 3:30am cause the itch woke me from a dead sleep. I'm reluctant to call this doctor because she seemed a little annoyed really that the cultures, pap, swabs, urine and blood all came back clean for herpes and insists that retesting in 6 months will be different.
I'm very uncomfortable....please help!
this sounds like my exact situation. im 27 and have been dating a guy for 3 months. i have never experienced this painful of sex in my life. i think its due to him being large, lack or lubrication and the fact that im anticipating the pain so mentally im just not into it either. idk what to do. ive been using A and D ointment but it seems like as soon as it heals it tears again. the worst part is a bleed during sex and it just ruins it every time. idk if i should go to the dr. or not. im just worried bc what if we dont work out and now im ruined down there? before this happened, i actually didnt think that my lady parts were all that bad, now im a mess down there.
I actually just went to my doctor for this issue today. I have been with my husband for the past 12 years and sex is almost always painful... sometimes, the pain is just in the beginning or it can last the whole time. I also get vaginal tears and pain afterwards that is mostly located on the left side of the vagina. Before him, I had pain free sex. He isn't bigger than the other couple of guys I had been with so I couldn't understand why it hurt so much. My doctor said it was due to my birth control pills and suggested lubrication. I had pain free sex while taking these exact pills so it didn't make sense why it would cause pain all of a sudden and lubrication didn't work at all. So, after years of just dealing with it, I decided to switch doctors.

My first visit to the new doc showed that I was a normal, healthy female. I suggested that maybe I should have sex and get examined afterwards. So, that's what I did. After examining me, my doctor said that he believes the tissue in my vagina is weak and having sex basically causes trauma to it and makes the tissue tear. Of course, he said it in better medical terms but you get the idea. There are a few ways to treat it but nothing has been found to cure it completely.The other problem is that I have a narrow vaginal opening. The doctor suggests I use a dialator to stretch the bottom part of the vaginal wall which he thinks will alleviate the pain and tearing. He has to order it so I don't know how to use it yet. He did say that I will have to use it for some time before I see any changes.  

So, I suggest you get seen by your doctor. If he or she is brushing you off or not helping, change doctors. In the meantime, don't give up on your relationship just yet. There are other sexual things you can do together if the pain is too much. Sex is important but it's not the only important thing in a relationship. If I had walked away during the first few months due to painful sex, I would have been walking away from my husband and best friend. After 12 years together, we are still going out on dates, holding hands, laughing, and having fun. Hopefully soon, that list will include pain free sex... keeping my fingers crossed. Good luck!
Hello Ladies,

I have been experiencing the same problem for over 1 year, BUT I think I have found the reason and the cause for the non-healing tear.

I first got the tear from having sex in a car - must have been from having very little room and the awkward positioning. Anyway, it has not healed and that was in July 2011. I haven't had sex since July 2012, because I wanted to try and 'wait' to see if that would fix the problem. It didn't!

I went to a gyno in February 2012 and she first thought it may not be healing because it was irritated by perfumed/scented products like body wash, detergent, and also tight fitting clothes. But after switching to all organic products, including tampons, and wearing no underwear or even pj bottoms to bed, the problem was still present. This was when I decided to stop having sex in July.

The gyno then put me on a tropical steroid cream, which seemed to help. I had to use it 2x a day for 6 weeks, then 1x a day for 6 weeks and then every other day for 6 weeks. The gyno told me at that appointment that if the cream did not work then she does not know why the tear is not healing (which is only the size of a paper cut but prevents me from having sex because it is so bloody painful). I asked her if she could refer me to a vulva clinic, where there would be specialists in this area. I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU ALL DO THIS. She agreed that that was the best option I had but also said unfortunately the waitless is about 1 year! Being only 20, and not having a proper sex life I felt hopeless but I did some research and ask if the office could refer me to a vulva clinic in Toronto (even though it is 5 hours away, I was desperate and rather travel 5 hours than wait 12 months)

I seen a specialist there and in about 15 minutes, the team of doctors knew what the problem was. I was told to go off the steroid cream as that may temperately seem to be healing the tear, it really doesn't and over time it will weaken the skin.

I have localized provoked vulvodynia -- which is a chronic pain the the vulva. My pelvic muscles are too tense, which is why the tear is not healing - because the muscles are so tight, there is no oxygen getting to the blood cells to heal the cut. I am now going to pelvic physiotherapy, which is how you treat this condition. I was also told by the specialist that if you have this, your tear will not heal and sex will not get any better IF you do NOT do the physo!! Many women have localized provoked vulvodynia and they don't even know it!! Like some people who hold stress in their jaw, or their neck, many people hold stress in their pelvic floor muscles.

SOLUTION FOUND- and in progress of healing!    
If you go to a clinic, your records are ENTIRELY private, even from your parents (unless you test positive from a STD, then they call your parents if you're a minor). Pretty much all health clinics offer a sliding scale based on how much money you make per year. I'm a student and mooching off my dad, so I make about 2600 (which I use for gas to school) a year. I ended up getting a 250 shot for free. If you use chrome, open an incognito tab (click on the lines that look like shelves right below the x, then click "new incognito window".) Google search "health clinic blankblank county, blankstate" (obviously, fill in your county and state). If you can spare like 3 hours (if you've never been, because they do blood work, std tests, etc. or if you've been before and they have all that, only like an hour) they'll figure it out and give you a perscription. Like I said, it's all 100% confidential.
Ok this is a like 7 years after 1st question was posted but im 21 and have been with my partner for 4 years, hes my only ever sexual partner. He is rather large and wide in the penile area and im rather small. If ther isnt enuf foreplay or lubrication i wud experience tears between my vaginal opening and anus (so stingy and sore!) i was terrified of stds but was tested and all clear! Also treated for thrush to no avail of the problem! So here wat i did!... Sudocreme the MIRACLE ealing cream thts been around for YEARS! I work in a care home and noticed sudocreme healed almost every occasion on broken skin so i gave it a go myself! Id apply it twice a day (liberally) after washing the area with JUST WATER.. Wear cotton pants for these few days... Mines healed in 3 days although the pain and stinging subsided after one day amd night! Give it ago its fab!! :)
My boyfriend is on the extremely larger side (not complaining) but I tear all the time! It hurts to urinate and I got an STD check when I switch birth controls. I have only been with him and he has only been with me so I don't think it's herpies (herpes). I have tried emu oil because it regenerates the skin cells and its oil so it can be used for a lubricant. But it still won't heal! I abstained from sex for over a week and it still hurt!! Help!?!?!
Can anyone help me with some home remadies for vigina (vagina) tears coz I dnt want my parents to find out bwt this
My first time and i have a slight tear. Its not super painful but it is rather uncomfotable. There is a little bleeding not tons just a little. Im. Not sure what exactly what to do. He is big and im not really sure what to do. How do i. Protect down there from being torn or even cure it??.
If there is a tear on the outter part of the vagina what am i supposed to do?. It feels very irratated and it feels rippen but doesnt look ripped. It only hurts in that small spot. There is a little bit of bleeding like a gumpy bleedig not alot . My guy friend is big and it hurt the entire time. It feels sore and kind of itchy. What can i do. It feels torn. Will it heal? Will it close back toget her?. Since he is big. Would it be best not to have sex with him?. The sex wasnt rough it was just painful. Someone please help me!
I started experiencing tearing during intercourse after I was thrown into Menopause following a hysterectomy.  My surgeon suggested Vitamin E capsules (400 IU).  Every morning and every night, using a safety pin prick a hole in 2 capsules and squeeze out the Vitamin E (be sure to get a Vitamin E that has ONLY Vitamin E in it).  Spread the Vitamin E on the area.  You'll heal within 2 days. Hold off intercourse for at least a week after a tear.  Just be sure to keep the area clean and dry as much as possible while healing.  Use only cotton panties, they will keep you the most comfortable.
When I was 17 I went to a clinic that offered free services to girls under 18.. Check out your local hospital or clinic for free services. Also try planned parenthood b/c they offer many services. This way you don't have to get your parents involved but you can stay safe.
thanks for the info so do you think if using something like protrolium jelly or vassaline would work ? im trying to do all i can to help the pain and give it time to heal it seems to be a pretty big tear the bleeding stoped almost instent so i wasnt to worried but the pain as me in such an uncomfortable state all i want to do is lay in bed i have lil money so cant aford much some said try diaper cream ? and another said keep it moist not to dry it out ? i have been using baby wipes to clean my self  and a peri bottle i have from after giving birth to our son i do have witch hazle /tux pads and both diaper cream and vasealine i try to take tynol for pain any ideas on what i can do other then that ?
THANK YOU!! I started experiencing serious vaginal discomfort Tuesday morning and some minor bleeding (after intercourse Monday night) and was worried, plus my GYN is out of town so I was freaking out. I took a Diflucan Thursday because I was uncertain if I was suffering from an immerging yeast infection. But no odor or discharge came and yet I still felt irritation. So I decided to get a mirror and look and I realized that I had some tearing. I googled vaginal tearing and came across this thread.  After reading your post I went to the pharmacy and got Cystex, A&D ointment and epson salt (after double checking your advice with the pharmacist). I took a regular shower first with Dove sensitive soap, then ran a warm bath with the epson salt and soaked for 5mins. I let my vaginal area air dry and applied the A&D ointment and drank the Cystex shortly after. Within 15mins I felt a lot better.  Thank you again for your advice. Hopefully this regimen and no sex for a week or two will help me to get back to normal :-)
I had rough sex w/ my boyfriend and the bottom of my outer wall tore. I've had this once before with him, and I'm concerned it won't close up. I know it will heal, but will it heal properly or just adapt and stay open? Because that would obviously be less "tight" and would probably affect his pleasure. But I really don't know. If it doesn't heal properly, how can I get it close up without sutures?
Hello odarnit, could you share the name of the cream? did it work?
Need help with my problem...my bf is average sized and we use lube and arouse eachother before sex. However, during sex, especially trying to put it in, my vagina feels like its tearing and feels dry and i feel like i cant get his penis in properly, as though there is something in the way inside.  Hes not my first and im not his first so it cant be that and i relax during sex even though it hurts. Does anyone know what it could be ? Or would i be better of going to see my gp. It gets really embarassing for me and gets in the way of our sex life. Any ideas would help. Thanks
Same thing with me my boyfriend is large and when he goes in its like the outer labia near the entrance goes in as he s penetrating and hes rough and goes for hours. I end up with a blister in the same spot everytime. I sometimes have to open my lips so that he doesnt push in the outside inside.Freaked out its herpes but its always in the same spot and he has been checked for herpes and it was negative.IDK
I have the solution!! I too had continual tearing out of the blue - like paper cuts. The solution is BioCeuticals Ultra Muscleze (it's basically magnesium) twice a day. I don't tear at ALL anymore. The tear that I had for over 12 months is now gone. No more 'papercuts'. YAH! to my Integrative Medicine doctor for giving me a cure.
Ok so im a lil embarassed to be on here
But anyways me and my bf had sex a few days ago , it was my first time and he likes to go at it prettty rough from front and back i only felt a a minimal amount of pain at entry that i associated with losing my virginity but as we switched positions i noticed the pain seemed to get worse even tho it was still tolerable ... Afterwards as i went to go use the bathroom the pee stung pretty bad down their but i thought maybe he scratched me with his finger but a few hours later the pain still hadnt receded so i looked in the mirror and noticed a slight split in at botton of my opening
Its been three days and i still havent tried sex again and my bf was getting frustrated so i told him what happened we are both pretty young im 18 and he is 22 we have noone we know to ask and no idea what to do . I really want to try again but im afraid it wont heal or will rip more
Bf is being extremely helpful and limiting what we do
Someone please help i have very old fashion family and i need help ! I dont know what to do  
JD399!  This is my life!  Thank you so much for letting me know I'm not alone in this!!!!!  How do I go about getting past this?  Is there anything specific I should be telling my doctor?  Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!
I am sorry for your pain and suffering.  I am an attractive, petite (5'4") woman in my fifties, in good shape with excellent health.  I experienced monogamous, sexual relationships before my eighteen year marriage, and found after my divorce that there are many men who would wish to have a relationship with me.  (However, I find it difficult to find a man of integrity, intelligence and sweetness with whom I would like to develop a long-term committed relationship.)  Consequently, I have had several monogamous experiences with men over the past ten years (and could have more, if I were so inclined).

Almost all of my sexual experiences throughout my life were fairly positive.   Naturally, I preferred some partners over others.  The only time when I experienced pain was with two men who were relatively large.  My first true love was moderately large and quite long.  We learned that his pleasuring me before intercourse made all the difference, lubricating me (I produce ample vaginal discharge via orgasm), preparing my vagina for intercourse, and helping me to desire him more.  Therefore, our sex life was nice.  All the years in between, including during my marriage, I have had no particular discomfort until recently.  

I am now dating a caring man and good lover, but he is extremely large - broad in general and, when erect, long.  Without question, his size is exceptional.  It so happens that we have hardly engaged in intercourse because he is experiencing erectile dysfunction due to anti-depressants and other psychological causes.  However, we have attempted intercourse twice, but he could not maintain an erection.  Nonetheless, my experience was that, despite being well lubricated and very prepared for intercourse both mentally and physically, his penis was so incredibly large that I felt incredibly stretched as he entered and perhaps my vagina couldn't fully accommodate the breadth of his penis.  For the first time since my first love, I found that my vagina tore and there was considerable discomfort afterward for two or three days, especially upon urinating.   If and when he resolves his e.d. issue and if we continue to date, either my vagina and I will adjust or our sex life will be problematic, in which case I am not sure I can continue in this relationship.

Alas, this experience has validated something I'd already discovered - I prefer modest-sized penis.  It is more comfortable and pleasurable for me.  The medical community may claim that the vagina can accommodate any sized penis, but in my experience, that is untrue.

I hope this is helpful to some of you suffering discomfort during sex due to the size of your partner's penis.
Vaginal tearing.

Okay I had researched this like CRAZY and have seen a LOT of women with the same issue that I was having. Pretty much everything tore my vagina - it was like paper. If I wiped, I tore myself. If I put in a tampon, I tore myself.

It was painful and the only thing that helped was rubbing vaseline on the cuts until they healed - but they tore again right after.

I started taking rephresh pro-b and have not had a tear since I started taking it! Apparently it was an issue with my ph balance down there - I never had any real issues - no STDs, but I was having an excess of discharge, LOTS of bumps on my cervix, all of which have gone away!

This is the only thing that has ever fixed my issue! My discharge is perfectly normal and I don't tear down there at all.

If you're having this issue, get REPHRESH PRO-B and take it every day! Absolutely did the trick!
Viewing 201-288 comments: