Vaginal Tearing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vaginal Tearing

My boyfriend and I had intercourse last Wednesday (its now Monday)While we were having sex I noticed that he was having trouble entering inside of me but soon enough everything was fine. We had sex with no problem. Even later that night I was fine. But then I realized that I had vaginal tearing. It is extremely painful. When I urinate it burns ( I mean it is a cut on my vagina) I know this has to happen to other women, so what do you do to bare with the pain? How long does it take to go away?
It actually sounds like you have irritation from being too dry.  Be sure to use some KY Jelly next time and you shouldn't have a problem.
It will heal on it's own.  When you urinate, lean forward so the urine doesn't flow past the sore area.  That's what I've done in the past.
I learned the urinating trick a little too late. But it worked today. Its good to know at least that if this happens again (God forbid) that I know some tricks on soothing this pain. Its going away but it still burns time to time and is still reddish.
I have been dealing with this problem for a little while now and don't know what to do.  I have a little cut/tear at the opening of my vagina and it makes sex very painful.  We use lube, but it is still painful.  Does anyone know what to do help this heal?
i made my boyfriend do foreplay cause its fun and make sure I dont tear anymore
I have that problem too. Any Idea on how long to wait before trying sex again?
I totally understand what you guys are talking about. I have had this problem for about a year now. My hypothesis is that im always very dry when my BF penetrates me and I think that once it happens the first time, it will keep happening because the skin is very sensitive down there, and the moisture doesnt help at all. I have learend that tje only way I will get only a minimal tear is if we have sex in water, like a pool or the shower. I would really like to find a solution to this because I enjoy sex, but that constant pain makes it about 80 % less enjoyable. I hope someone, somewhere finds a cure, and when you do, please let me know!
my girlfriend just had a tear tonight :( we have both never heard of this and she is very frightened. Can it get infected? I want to calm her down but without knowing anything about it myself i dont know how. Is it normal for it to bleed a lot? How should she feel internally? from what she said it felt "tight" inside her.
I am having the same problem, Ive never tore before ever not even when i had my kids, but my bf and i had sex for the first time last week and i know it has to be a tear, it hurts so bad when i urinate, like stings bad. And when i get up and walk around its irritating also. Im not sure what to do.
me and my girlfriend have been having sex for a while now and wen ever we have sex it is so painful for me.. i have to make her stop and a while ago i noticed that i thougt i had ripped buttt tonight i feell that i have really ripped my vagina! and it hurts like hell
i have a tear on the inner lip of my vagina it happend7 months ago and it is still not healed what do i do?
i has sex last night and it was a bit rough between us, we was going for a while too, then i become a bit sore and we stopped! when i woke up the next morning i went to the toilet and i discovered when i went for  a wee it killed me! i looked in the mirror to c y it was hurting so much and i noticed a tear the size of a pea! i had a bit of blood but i am due on ladys month to morrow but later on in the day i had lots of blood in my knickers and i didnt know weather i was a day early or the cut was bleeding! it feels uncomy when i sit, walk and wee! any one had the same??
I have had this problem for a while. It seems that I must lubricate before intercourse or had a decent amount of foreplay. However this tear stings when my husband ejaculates.

Recently I have been using an ointment on the tear called Calendula a natural product. It has helped. Also lean forward when I urinate so that urine does not enter my vagina.

I have been told that warm baths are good for healing tears. My gynecologist prescribe estodiol cream which has helped too. However it's an ongoing issue.
I have a tear around my inner vagina lip, nearing my peeing hole, far from my "you know what" hole.. its like a round circle and it constantly tears when I have sex with my bf.. I don't know if I'm being paranoid but I think it's not just such a small case.. I hope it won't tear ANYMORE! please, can anyone just tell me what to do with it? I don't want to live without sex :(. I'm a very wet girl and I am still facing this problem, I want to cure this faster and make things better, it doesn't hurt when i urine, but it hurts when i wash my vagina.. not a lot, just a little, but STILL! it's like SKIN peeling off ur finger except that it's in ur vagina.. please help :(
It sounds like like lack of lubrication is a problem for many of you but here is another idea to consider...

Channel 4, UK have just broadcast a program featuring a girl with similar symptoms to some of you (broadcast channel 4 Weds 29th July 09, 8pm "Embarrassing Teanage Bodies".

She was having pain after sex, inflamed vulva and lots of little cuts. She'd been to 3 doctors and none of them helped her. In the program she showed her problem to a doctor who referred her to a sexual health professional. After ruling out sexually transmitted infections by doing a full sexual health check the specialist then referred the girl onto a dermatologist (skin specialist). He diagnosed Vulvodynia (pain and inflamation (inflammation) of the vulval area with unknown cause). This can also be known as Vulvar Vestibulitis when it is in a more localised area around the vestibule or Vestibular Adenitis. He prescribed her a special soap and cream to use every morning (unfortunately it didn't say what the cream was). Anyway, they followed up with her later in the program and she said her condition had massively improved and she was now experiencing virtually no pain at all!

I think the moral of the story here girls is to persevere! Do not take "no" for an answer and do not let doctors tell you to ignore it. It is not normal to experience pain like that and you shouldn't have to put up with it. If they try and turn you away demand to be referred to a sexual health specialist or dermatologist. Or seek another opinion from another doctor if they will not give you the referral you need.

I have just recently started to experience these syptoms (symptoms) myself and I am booked in to see a senior specialist at the Sexual Health Centre next week.

Good luck everyone! By the way you may be able to see that program online if you're interested. Go to www.channel4.com/programmes/4od and search for "embarrassing teenage bodies" or try this link:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/embarrassing-teenage-bodies/4od#2929573

Bea xxx
i have a tear between my vagina opening and my buttock? How do I heal it??????
I have the same problem. It seems that it has to do with dryness, but we have used lube and it still happens & then the lube makes the cut burn more. I feel like the skin just below my vagina is very thin, so I'm not sure what will help. I am also experiencing more than normal vaginal dryness only recently. I get excited in the bedroom but can't seem to get wet. Then when he uses lube & tries to penetrate the top of my vagina is what seems to hurt. It burns on the inside as well. I'm not sure if this can mean something bad for me, I'd really appreciate any response. Email me if you could

Laura_Hansford42***@****
I get the same thing, a tear between my vagina opening and buttock. I have always put up with it, it eventually goes away but it hurts when i go to the toilets so i lean forwards and it doesnt hurt as much. It also hurts when i have sex sometimes. i dont no what to do please help.
hope mine doesnt last for months.thats pure toture
Hey Laura, I know you posted your comment a few months back, but I was wondering if you had found out any information about the ripping? Just about everything you wrote about I also am experiencing, and have been for quite some time. Its definitely freaking me out a little ..I'm just not sure if its something to talk to my gyno about? Thanks!
does the tear make the whole surrounding area of the vagina hurt?
so it's embarrassing to say but i was having sex with my friend :/ and we were doing it with me bending over and him in the back. it started to hurt but i didn't say anything i figured it was just the angle, i didn't hear anything tear and other than being a bit sore i was fine for two days. now i have this burning/tingling feeling when i pee. it's not SEVERE pain but it is uncomfortable. is it a tear? or something else?
this happened to me today as well, hence why i'm on this page.
it hurt a little when he was deep inside me but i thought it was just his public hair scratching.
i only realised i had a tear when i went to the bathroom to clean up and there was blood.
there was a lot of lubricant so it couldn't have happened because i was dry.
**Do you think it's possible that it happened because he was too big for me when he went really deep???**
**I don't really know how to bring this up with him so it doesn't happen again because i don't want to make him feel guilty. Any suggestions?**
I have a question when u get vaginal cuts u bleed I have like 4 in me n I was jw how long it will take to heal bc it kinda hurts :/
I have had the same thing for about 3 or 4 days now and it hurts really bad so if anyone knows how to cure this. Tell me. This is the first time it has ever done this sort of this. Please help.
I had sex Friday with my boyfriend. It's now Tuesday. I woke up this morning with a cut on the outside of my vagina. I'm scarred, Like when I go pee I also lean foward so it doesn't burn/sting. Even when I walk it hurts! I'm 16, Verry frightened. Soo advice annyonnee?!
I had sex about 5 days ago, and i have tears everywhere, on the lips, around them, in deeper. I am in excruciating pain! How long will this take to heal?? I used the mirror trick to get a better view of it, and it almost looks infected, What should i do?? The pain is getting unbearable and i need to find something, ANYTHING to ease it.
Hey I have the same problem:( did you resolve it? And how llong did it take, thanks