Vaginal cancer and mole..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vaginal cancer and mole..

I saw a new doctor on Friday for infertility problems and during the vaginal exam she asked me if I new there was a mole inside my vagina. She showed me with a mirror and it was a huge black spot. I didnt know of this and she wants me to have a biopsy. after telling my husband, he thinks this spot has been there 2 maybe 3 years.. he said he had seen it a long time ago, but doesnt know if its grown or different. I'm scared to pieces.A few years ago a friend of mine died with a kind of vaginal melanoma. At the time she said there was no treatment for the type of cancer she had and this sounds similar. Only the spot is not bothering me, or bleeding.. It's just there and looks awful. Has anyone ever heard of or went thru something like this? Could it be nothing? I have to call the dr tomm morning to make my biopsy appt.. If it is cancer is there any way to have treatments and still have a baby someday?
That's exactly what I've been thinking. I've never missed a yearly exam and my husband says its been there for a very long time. I cant believe she never said anything. I put a call in to that doctor to see if there is anything in my chart about it, but so far my call hasnt been returned.
How come your OB dr never picked up on this before during past exams?
It does not make any sense.  How the heck can you see that for yourself??????  
Hopefully everything is ok..

Gina
Yes, it can be benign.  I changed gyns some years back, and I had a black mole (actually, I had three of the darned things) in the area of my vagina and vulva.  My new doctor acted like they were cancer and took them out right then and there!  They were benign, but I was worried until the pathology report returned to the office a week later.
Thanks for responding. I'm driving my husband crazy with worrying. My biopsy is on Monday.. Were the moles you had round or odd looking? Mine look round from a distance but when I look in a magnify mirror they look awful and like they run together. Its just shocking that my other doctor never said anything about them. I dont know how she missed it.
Two of the moles were just round and flat.  One was an ugly thing - raised, dark, with a dark spot within its border, and the border itself was irregular.  It looked just like the moles shown on the posters at my GP's office, that poster labeled malignant moles!    The round moles were quite small, perhaps the size of this "O", perhaps a little larger.  The latter, the ugly one, was larger than the width of a pencil eraser.  Of course, I did not see any of them until after the removal; I watched the nurse prep the biopsies for the pathology reports.  I had another such mole on my back and noticed it when it started itching and growing.   Itching, pain, bleeding, and growth are key symptoms of malignant moles. I had it removed ASAP, expecting it to be malignant, but thankfully it was not either.  

Did you check with your previous doctor to see if there is any medical record  or notation of the mole, how long you've had it, or comments to its size?  If it is something that you've had for a long time, and it has not changed, then it is much less likely to be a cancer. Is your doctor  going to simply biopsy the mole, or just remove it?  Yes, it is sadly true that there is very little to be done about  melanoma cancer.
I did call my old doctor and there was nothing in my chart about these moles or spots. My husband thinks they have been there are least 2 years and maybe 3 or 4. So far I havent had any pain, but since the new doctor noticed them I think I can feel slight burning or irritation but my husband thinks its because I keep messing with that area trying to see them and now I've irritated it. The only thing good I can say is that it seems to still be relatively small. Hopefully if it is cancer they can get rid of it without some of the extreme and horrible surgeries I've been reading about. I've really never been so scared in my life.
I am searching for info on this.  I recently noticed what looks like a mole in my vagina area.  I have never had this spot before but I had just recently started shaving the area basically bald.  I don't know if this could be the cause of it or not.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks
I'm also searching for information about this.  This morning in the shower i noticed 2 identical black spots inside on the walls. They are tiny.  I just started my period and I've never had sex before so I was trying to see what other people have experienced.
i have had 3 moles inside my vagina since primary school. During the years it has grown a bit, and i am worried! i'm too scared to go to the doctors as well. by the way i havn't had sex or anything. but how does a mole get down there?

seriously i have the same problem, when i first saw a small mole in the inside of my vagina i freaked out, and went to do my research, im glad im not the only one with this problem, but yea....im still freaking out!  WHAT IS IT??
This post is over 3 yrs old.  You would probably get more responses if you started a new post. Most people don't read, much less answer posts that old.  Also, since your question/concern has nothing to do with ovarian cancer, you might find that you will get more responses if you ask this on the Women's Health forum.  Plus there is just no way we can tell you what it is. We aren't Drs and we don't know what to say to stuff like this.  Also, if you'll notice, the person that answered before you has only been on the forum one time and this was it. It is unlikely that you will hear from them since they have only come on here the one time.  Do try the women's health forum. I don't know if you will find your answer there, but you aren't going to find it here. Good luck.
hi i am having one mole removed out of five that I have in the labia four came in the last 3 months has anyone have this problem and what was it. baby55
I was so scared when I first seen this because I did not know what was going on. So I got a mirror to take a look at my vagina to see what was going on. I notice I had three moles side by side at the top of my lip almost on the inside of it. I never knew that a vagina can get a mole. My mole is not a black spot. They are actually the little moles that grow out from your neck. I mean one is larger than the other two and they can get very sore at times. I want to go to the doctor for them but I am ashame. Can anyone explain to me why they grow on the vagina and it this a sign of cancer. I know my question may be silly but I am trying to find some answer on this.
just about a month ago i noticed a small "mole" on the inside of my vagina.. its really weird. when i first saw it, it was red and kind of like raised and when I told my mom and sister they said it might just be like a pimple type thing.. but yesterday when i checked again, it was dark so i thought it was dirty, so i tried washing it really good in the shower and no change so when i told my mom she said it must just be a mole. Does that count in a change of color for a sign of being cancerous??! because I'm really freaking out now :( :( :( I'm only 17.
SamIe here i have also noticed a black mole and its only been there since  I started shaving