Vaginal dryness
I had a baby in nov. 2010 and got a mirena IUD in fed 2011. I've been struggling with vaginal dryness since having my baby. My ob gyn said it was normal sometimes after childbirth and that it would go away. When it sisnr go away I was told it was because of the mirena being a progesterone only birth control and my estrogen level were probably low due to this. So i was put on a vaginal estrogen cream, which didnt help. So I had the IUD removed this year and was put on ortho tri cyclen, which I was told should help because it is a combo pill. This has not helped either. What could be causing this dryness (hormones, infection, etc) and how do I correct it? I need to know how I can correct this, because the dryness is ruining my sex life and causing other complications. It itches but I can't scratch or I get raw.  I don't see my boyfriend very often, and when i do he doesn't like to use lube because it doesn't feel the same and definantly doesn't taste like the real thing. And he thinks if im not getting wet for him the he must not turn me on, but this could not be more wrong. But no matter how turned on i am, im not getting wet. And even with lube I'm finding it hard to reach orgasam. The little bit of wetness I am producing is thick. I just want to be back to the way I was before. I used to get soaking wet when I was aroused, and even when I wasn't turned on I was still wet down there. What can I do? A friend told me to try oral estrogen pills because they have more estrogen than the vaginal creams. Do I get this over the counter or so I need a prescription? I know I can get phyto estrogen over the counter, is that the same as estrogen? I'm only 26, I should nor have this problem yet. I just want to be the way I was before, how do I stop this dryness?
Vaginal dryness can be due to low estrogen levels - seen during menopause, stopping birth control medications, having a baby, or as a side effect of certain medications. Also, high levels of stress can cause vaginal dryness. Cigarette smoking can also cause vaginal dryness. Rarely medical conditions like sjogrens syndrome can cause these symptoms.

You need to get evaluated for all these causes from a gynecologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.