Vaginal fissure?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vaginal fissure?

I have been suffering with a reoccurring cut on my vaginal opening for 8 months now :/ when it originally occurred I went to the drs and they said it is a little cut and to abstain from sex. I did that and it stopped hurting as soon as I have sex tho it seems to open back up. I went back to drs and without examination she told me it was vaginosis which I found really scary as there is no cause or real treatment :( after a couple of weeks I Had a look down below and can see what looks like a round graze Inbetween the fold of my vaginal opening... I thought this was good as if I could see it I could heal it and helped me not thinking I was mad and making it all up, however months later after abstaining for sex for weeks on end it is still there and is always red, inflamed and sensitive to the touch after sex :( I'm 29 and never had anything like this before I don't know wher it come from or how to solve it! My partner is supportive but think that it is them hurting me and is affecting both our confidence in bed so I don't like to discuss it or make a big deal although it is affecting my libido, body image and self esteem I feel broken. My partner says drs know nothing about vaginas and reading the threads on forums I think they are right! I don't no what to do I'm scard it will come between us and they will get sick of it like I am and leave me I just want to be normal please help!
After reading I think it's a vaginal fissure it looks like there is no skin in the area, so to speak, it's red in the middle where it is sore to the touch. It looks like it is in a natural fold on my vaginal opening although I am unsure is anyone experiencing or experienced anything similar?
For such symptoms any vaginal fissure or vaginal fistula should be ruled out. Fistula is an abnormal connection between two epithelium-lined organs that normally do not connect. It presents as an open hole or a cut near the anus on examination and the patient has the symptoms of external opening, bleeding, swelling or pain.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you I have since been the Clinic and they tested and treated for herpes although the sore has never completely healed for 8 months which the nurse said is not consistant with herpes. I am awaiting my results and have to go bk in 3 weeks for further examination if the meds given do not work. The dr I am going to see is an sti and skin specialist so hopefully I will be able to get some answers :) it was just nice to be heard which is something I have never felt at my gp surgery. Thank u so much for your response it has been driving me mad I will keep u informed :) thank u again
I haven't got herpes which is a relief however the pain an 'cut' are still there :/ when I went back to see the dr in the clinic after my results he said he couldn't see a cut or ulcer as he put it anymore just a bit of red were I pointed to but I had not really tried to engage in sexual activity except once since being tested for herpes and the 'cut' always seems more prominent and painful after sex. He said come back in two months and he would refer me to the vulva specialist for biopsy and it was a trauma from sex and to use more lube. I use plenty of lube anyway and sexual traumas don't last for 9 months surely? I looked today as I had a sex yesterday (which could not last too long because of the pain) and in a fold round my hymn area/vaginal opening there is a yellow bit which is where the pain is :( I feel isolated and alone with this and a bit like I'm going mad it is really there and is sore, I don't want to wait another 2 months as this is having a devastating effect on my self esteem body image and my relationship it makes me insecure I don't even get that horny any more because sex is always related to pain during or afterward. I also bleed during sex 9/10 times none of this can be normal surely? whats wrong with me!?! My partner thinks it is them and is affecting their self esteem too :/ I feel like I keep coming to a dead end and I'm really frustrated, upset and angry with myself why me?? I'm only 29 and don't want to live with this forever or lose my partner because of it! I'm lost and feel like no one takes me seriously and ill be stuck with this forever! I've also tried to ignore it and try to desensitise the area as drs make me think its all in my head but it gets no better... I really don't want to live with this!!!