Vaginal fluid

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Vaginal fluid

Hello, I am new to the forum. I was wondering if this had happened to anybody before. I had sex yesterday and when I got up in the morning I felt some "flowback" (when semen comes down), which is totally normal. I took a shower and I was fine. Later I felt it again, and it still is flowing. Its not a thick discharge, its clear and thin and its not regular discharge and its not an std discharge. If anybody has been pregnant it reminds me of when my water broke, it is running out like water. It has a sweet smell to it. I had to change underwear 3 times yesterday and 3 today. I am not pregnant...I dont have any idea what this is, could it still be flowback a whole 24hrs+ later? I just dont think so. If anybody has any advice or has been through this please let me know.
Avatar n tn
well this usuall happens to me if I go to sleep right after sex....when I get up the next morning the runny semen comes out.  But after that I'm fine, it doesn't keep on coming through out the day or anything.  but different people's bodies do different so this may be normal for you.  

But I don't think there is anything to worry about, because infections etc. definately do not have a sweet smell and usually have thick discharge.
The vagina is a self cleansing organ and I think it's just doing it's job.  If the discharge is "sweet" smelling, I wouldn't worry over it.  It has happened to me post sex too, but not very often.
Avatar n tn
That reminded me of when I was O'ing. I went through atleast 10 panyliners a day. I don't O reg so I was on here asking ?'s about it. I'm not sure if that is what it is, or it could be leakage. You could be leaking urine. If it persist for a while I would let my doc know. Good luck.
Avatar n tn
I know its not urine. I was just scared cause I never had it this happen. I will wait until Monday and if its still happening I will call the dr for a same day visit.Thank You Everybody I am not so worried now.
Avatar n tn
missjohnson,  was wondering if you've been to the doc and what the outcome was.  i am having the EXACT same symptoms as you for 2 months now and it all began immediately after unprotected sex. i have been tested for everything, given a pap, gyno exam, cultures for std's, and everything came out negative.  something just isn't right though!
Avatar n tn
Please, if you find out what it is let us know! It puts me in mind of when my mucus plug leaked when i was pregnant only not as bad. I have never even had a yeast infection so this is freaking me out!
Avatar n tn
After  having my second baby i developed a cyst on my left inner labia the doctor said it was a bartholin cyst and it would go away on its own .well it is almost 12years now and i still have it .a gyn doctor opened it to drian 3years ago it had little fuild inside and now today my new doctor opened it and was surprise that it was filled with thick yellow mucus and said it was strange because it don't look like an infection and she drain alot as much as she could and said i may need  surgery to go in deeper if it gets big again this has affected my sex life so much that it makes me cry because when i have a orgasam i have thrubbing pain in this area it feels like there is no normal blood flow and my inner wall vaginal muscles and weak that i don't get any pleasure when my boyfriend is inside me anymore .I have alot of thrick mucus from vagina also i can never stay dry and have a history of irregular periods ,hpv when i was a teen, 2 vaginal births and 2 abortions am 33years old and have been with the same partner for 17years and get a pap smear every year to the date can someone please help me before things get even worse no seems to no whats going on and i can't even enjoy my womenhood that am blessed with.
Avatar n tn
Hi Wendy,
I am 26 I have never had any children. I have had irregular periods and had been tested for HPV. They said they hadn't found anything abnormal but i have to go back every three months to make sure..I had a biopsy about 5 years ago because the found some abnormalties. I recently had sex and when I got up the next morning I had a flow of cleat thin mucus..This was not semen by my partner and it there was little bleeding...this happened almost two days ago and this stuff is still coming out..It doesnt have a strange odor to it. Previously I had been tested for AIDS and stds everything came back negative..So could I possible have a cyst as well and could this explain the irregular periods??

Avatar n tn
Hi Wendy,

mhv commented on photo
Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
Des_a_rae commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals