Women's Health Community
Vaginal leaking
About This Community:

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vaginal leaking

I have some unpleasant vaginal odor and discharge. Recently, I have noticed that when I wipe myself after having a bowel movement, it appears as though a small amount of feces is coming from my vagina. I did some checking online and the only condition I could find that corresponded with these symptoms that applied to me was cervical cancer. I have never had any children, nor I have ever been pregnant. I have an appointment with a gynecologist next week, but the thought of waiting a week to get this checked out, now that I know that these symptoms might be attributable to cancer, is causing me a lot of anxiety.

I have no other symptoms that apply to cervical cancer, to the best of my knowledge.  I have some chronic, but minor, GI problems and pretty intense headaches that occur once or twice a month (these problems are not new and I have always attributed them to stress).  Since my last pap smear in June 2004, I have had sexual intercourse with two men.  One of the encounters was protected by a condom.  The other was while I was in a monogomous relationship and while I was on the pill, we rarely used condoms.  

I am hoping that these symptoms can be attributed to something else other than cancer.  If anyone can offer me any additional information, I would be greatly appreciative!

Thanks!
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Check into a fistula that connects the rectum to the vagina.  That could be a place to start also.  I would contact my physician.
Blank
Good advice xrayu2.  These were my thoughts too!
Blank
A weak muscle wall between the rectum and vagina can cause it among other things.  Keep me posted!!
Blank
Thanks...I have called and asked for an earlier appointment and will be seen this afternoon.

So are fistulas and prolapses both treatable?  

I read a little about the fistulas and it seemed like they were most common in women who have given birth, which I haven't.  I hope hope hope that you are all right.

Thanks again.
Blank
yeah, i agree, cervical cancer hardly shows any symptoms and when it does it doesnt come out of nowhere. fistula or a prolapse i'm sure. gook to yad luc
Blank
Hello, I have had the same thing happen to me! =( Could you let me know what it was?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
973741_tn?1342346373
Blank
specialmom commented on Jade59's status
7 hrs ago
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Lose Weight and Boost...
7 hrs ago
973741_tn?1342346373
Blank
specialmom commented on Lose Weight and Boost...
8 hrs ago
Blank
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Reach your weight goals
Start Tracking Now
Top Women's Health Answerers
Blank
old_before_my_time