Vaginal lesions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 201-264 comments:
WOW i have had the same thing as ya'll for 4 years now. I have been tested for EVRYTHING and it all comes back that nothing is wrong..well it shouldnt burn like fire to go pee and itch all night every night. I read Joyces post and I happen to have had an appt today. My doc was stumped as to whats wrong with me..she had mentioned behets but i didnt have all the symptoms. so I told her about Joyces post and she ok'd me to try the same meds. like she said if it works we all jump for joy..if not we try something else. We are in prayer that the will be the end of the pain and itching!!!
im 23y female,
i have sever itching in area around vagina lead to tear and wound and painfull when micturate and thin skin layer and presence of crust although i always wash and use betadin but this symptoms increase ,please please help me..
I have read all the posts here, and I too have been having the same problem.  Disparneuria, vaginal fissures, stabbing pain, burning and sometimes itching.  I have been dealing with this for over 10 years!!!!!!  And I have been through 8 doctors, and have been told I'm an enigma.  I was seen by  a vulvologist for vulvadynia, have been tested for all stds and all are negative, even herpes, so nothing shows up to explain the pain.   Finally, 13 years later and doctor # 9, takes a simple wet prep and says I have vaginal strep and have no "normal" bacteria in my vagina.  I'm told that this can explain all my symptoms, and that I have to restore the natural vaginal flora with a special cream I have to get from a compound pharmacy and use for 6 weeks.  I was told this is very difficult to treat because the dr suspects I was over-treated with antibiotics and for yeast when that was not the problem for the past 13 years!!!!  Because of this, I have not been able to have intercourse with my husband or have children, which now I'm too old for!!!!  I am hoping dr # 9 is finally the answer to my prayers!!!!!!!!!  
I am so happy to read all of this because I am having the same issue.  I was experiencing wast like discharge and I was swollen in this area.  Right about the place where u urinate started bleeding.  I then ran to the ER.  I was told I had a very moderate yeast infection.  Was given diflucin and I bought mistake for itching as well.  That was the 26th of November.  After taking all of the medication my boyfriend and I tried to have sex but it was so painful.  The pain decreased as we continued but the initial entrance was horrible.  I then woke up itching with a little pain or dryness in the area above where I pee.  Well I made an appointment to see my Dr.  She told me it looked like herpes type one which can be past thru oral sex.  I am so upaet because I have been with my better half forever.  I looked at the pictures of herpes type 2. This looks nothing like that.  I looks more like tears.  This same Dr. Told my best friend the sane thing as she went thru this same thing last year.  It was just wars from a yeast infection.  So now I must wait for results to come back.  My Dr. Didn't prescribe anything to help with the pain.  Any suggestions. Any help will be appreciated.
I've been experiencing this problem for a little over a year, dealing a fissure and a lesion.   I have talked to three different doctors and was finally refered GYN for an appointment next month.  The first doctor that I brought the issue up with just assumed it was STD, but I knew wasn't.  She tested me and I switched doctors because I knew she wasn't listening to what I was saying.  The next doctor told me to use more lube, but that burned because I would already be cut by then no matter what brand I used.  I just recently went to a PA with my husband, who also tested me.  Everything has come back negative, of course.  I have been tested THREE times in the last year for STD's.  All of which has come back negative.  We are trying to conceive right now so this issue makes things a little more tricky.  I'm hoping that my appointment will help find what is causing this awful problem.  
It's frustrating to know that if this was a men's issue, it would have been cured A LONG TIME AGO.  But it's not men's issue, so we are made to feel that we have an STD or that we just can't relax enough or that we can't get arroused enough for the sex to be enjoyable.    I work in healthcare and know that women's medicine in not what it should be.  We are an afterthought, but hopefully that will change soon.
I too suffer from the same thing..its been going on for almost a week...it started right after my period..which for the last three months has been dark brown..my periods are irregular so I just figured maybe its old blood or something.. a week or so before that happened my clitoris was extremely itchy ..I figured maybe it was a yeast infection and made a mental note to set up an appointment..but before I knew it the symptoms subsided..and I forgot all about it .I now think I should've gone to the doctors..I read that it is called thrust ...I am always overly wet down there and get yeast infections and bv often ..I think my ph balance is off...I have been dating a new guy...I'm scared I hope I don't have  a std..oh and the area on both lips that were dry and red...now has changed pigment and is so white compared to the rest of my vagina. That really confuses me.ps .I have a piercing on my clitoris .please if anyone finds put what these small bleeding cuts are or what we can use to stop the itch and pain please post it! I am so afraid and embarrassed and my bf thinks I'm totally neglecting him ;to scared to tell him the truth about what's really going on ...I'm Irish and black...fair skin brown eyes....
I have this same problem. I get one or two above my hood in the crease. I've been tested for everything too and all negative. I've learned that keeping shaved helps a lot and helps the lesions get less irritated. My show up around my period as well. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I've also use some of those yeast infection creams for the itch and burn. That helps for a short bit especially with peeing. I also flush the area clean with my shower head every night and use doctor Bronner's Magic Soap. That's seems to help clear them up faster. Hopefully this helps some of you.
WOW! didn't know this many women suffer from this( i know, same reaction) I too have had small lesions around my vagina, just on my hood, and one around my opening. Had this for a year or so, and it comes with itching,burning and irritation..but of course it only lasts briefly and I get tested often. However judging from some of you women's posts I do suspect hormones have alot to do with it. This past week tho, I've had a severe outbreak and went to the ER where, of course, i was told it MAY be type 1 herpes. I'm still waiting on my results tho, but I've been tested for herpes at other times and they've all come back negative. I think there is more to this story that doctors aren't telling us......bc last time i mentioned the tears, the doctor also said then "Hmm may be herpes" but brushed it off.
I have had problems with this a couple of times.  I'm a 50 yo white woman with allergies.  During high stress times, particularly around my periods, I used to get such bad itching I would tear myself trying to relieve it.  It was negative for everything - had all tests including biopsy.  Application of ice helped a bit, momentarily.  Three things finally helped - the first is going commando - which sounds awful but I think the PH or temperature with underwear makes it worse; then I changed TP to cottonelle's aloe and vitamin E; and if it gets bad, I use Clobetasol propionate, a topical steroid, for awhile.  This may not work for some.  Now I'm menopausal, and have less problems, but still occasionally it comes up.
I just read a posting on another site about Vulvodynia, which many may have - supposedly there is a dr who has a treatment.  Howard I. Glazer Ph.D at Cornell U Hosp found that many women with vulvodynia had abnormal muscles of the pelvic floor, and he has a possible fix.  http://www.vulvodynia.com/ - maybe it might help.
i think its hormonal. i'm going to try a herbal pill called agnucaston. gonna ask my obgyn tomorrow. it helps many things from PMS pain to fertility. i tried everything. doctors, tests. 90% they think its yeast cause I'm a virgin. last doctor said its the bacterial flora ph level messed up. but didnt really give me anything to fix it. i dont really feel itchy its just the irritation and the cuts and burn. i feel fine when i start the day after a few hours i probably get the discharge and somehow it burns the hell out of my skin. i had this for a year. its ridiculous. i cant even walk comfortably. fml. i hope everyone gets recovered. ill let you all know if i use this herbal pill. its my last resort.
I have been using this pill called agnucaston. Before I had the lesions and all sorts of annoying feeling down there almost everyday. it was at its max before and during my period.
I've been using these pills for about 3 weeks now. I feel perfect. Nothing annoying burning or anything. I haven't got my period yet so maybe it'd get bad again in those days. But I'm hopeful it won't. Because agnucaston is actually a pill for pms syndroms (syndromes) from the awful pain to the boobs sensitivity. I also had terrible pains during period. I'll see if it fixes this. I strongly suggest you all to use it. I'm really happy so far. I'm going to use it for 3 months. It's not expensive. It's herbal. When I asked my obygn about it he immedeatly approved of me to use it. So.. that's all. Hope everyone gains their health back ~
Hi ladies. I am a dark skinned lady and I'm having the same problems. I'm scared  I'm so much pain right now. The itching and burning is terrible. And I only realized it was lesion like when I took a mirror actually looked at myself. I've taken all sorts of meds and used cream. I'm so miserable right now.

I am in Trinidad and I am so relieved to have found this page. I began suffering with these lessions about a year ago and never had them before. I have been with the same guy for the past five years and before that I was married. It usually comes once a month and I am usually in pain for a couple of days, then a little cut , which looks like a razor cut, appears on the outer of my labia. My boyfriend has gotten the same thing twice since my outbreak. Can this be something other than Herpes?? Please help me to figure this out, since this is literally hampering my life.
I too have had lesions since my marriage and recently was dianosed with HPV virus, the kind that causes the cancer cells on your cervix.  I am scheduled to have the cervix frozen and the dead cells scraped off so new ones can grow.  I am not certain that HPV causes these lesions or not, but there is also a test for HPV that you can have done during your pap test.  Just something to check into.  I wish I could tell you anything positive about the lesions and how to make them stop or heal faster, but I don't know what to do about them.  
I realize im commenting several years later....but I currently have 2 little painful cuts. I was just on antiboiotics that gave me a yeast infection and now my period. I have fair skin but I tan really dark. Im half hispanic and have brown eyes and brown hair. Have any of you figured this out?
I am sooooo so very scared but relieved to have met women with this problem im so worried right now i just got back from the Dr. and am waiting on the herpes results but am kind of feeling it isnt herpes because ive had tests taken before .
Im only 17 years old and would really like a phone conversation with a woman whos gone through the same thing because its not the same when you talk to someone whos never gone through this. Im very matture for my age and its driving me crazy not knowing what it is waiting on these results.

- Im feeling dizzy and stressed at the moment .
And ive just  found yesturday a hurting sensation while wearing tight panties and pants so i came home lastnight took a nice long shower to make sure i was all clean then looked at these sores they sort of (hard to explain) like blisters or canchers that are itchy and sometimes hurting .
Im just so worried to may think i may have something the rest of my life and not even knowing what it was from.
I really appologize and feel your pain for all the women out there who are going through the same thing, even if yours is worse.

Im just so young and i realize i need to be ALOT more careful on anything i do not knowing what it is though is REALLY DRIVING ME NUTS.

I have about four two are on the right closer to the opening of my vaginal hole and two on the left are smaller but feel the same and farther away, when i look at pictures of herpes or syphilis it looks NOTHING like it .
My Doc told me today she says they are all different but honestly i just feel there'd be at least ONE picture that looked sort of the same.
It looks more like a canchroid then anything .

Im not calling her wrong for her assumption because shes seen and been through plenty more schooling than me but im worried like i believe anyone else would be and am just looking for advice from all of the stories ive read on this site that sound identical to mine .

Please Respond , Thanks.
I also have the same problems white cankers sore on the hood of my clit or lil cuts it always seems to come right b4 or after my period.I also  suffer from yeast infection atleast once a mth rite around my period time i have been dealing with this for years.Drs have no answers for this.so i try to self treat.this is what i do.i use REPHRESH VAGINAL GEL INSERTS it to balance ur ph in ur vagina.i also take REPHRESH PRO-B BALANCES YEAST AND BACTERIA IT TO MAINTAIN FEMININE HEALTH take one a day you can buy it at ur local drug store it is pricey about 30$ but worth it an i take cranberry pills.always wipe front to back as im sure you no yhis already i hope this info helps
also ladies with these problems take showers not baths,and for the ones who have canker like sores on the clit i no this is going to sound crazy and only if there on the out side area i put campho phenique on the area with a q-tip it numbs the pain and feels soooo much bette. i hope this will help
Hii I have a lump at the side of my vagina opening I am only 19 and had a baby 11 months ago  I have now got a lump at the side of my vagina openingt that is sore but dosnt bother me that much it keeps getin little yellow heads on and when I have a bath they yellow heads go and leave like a opens sore but as the day goes on they get a yellow top on agen I have tryed squeesing it and it didn't pop or do much I also have clump discharge I have had this lump for 7 days now and it dosnt look like it is geting better I also have little under the skin bumps on my fingers about 4 on different fingers and itchy eyes I am wondering if they are all conected :/ I am very confused and I would like to no what is it I went the doctors on wed and they doc didn't seem to be botherd and lookd at me like I was making it up this is geting me down and making me wonna stay in bed all day can sumone please help me
I am 30 and have a new relationship of 3 months.  last week i went to the dr and found out i had an UTI, but i was in excruciating pain when going pee to the point i thought i was on fire from the inside out.  it hurt so bad my body wouldnt release all the urine at one time and would cut it short midstream.  i went back to dr, who took byopsy of lesionsand said usually its herpes but it will take 3-5days to find out.  my boyfriend had been tested a fw months ago and a week ago and everything was negative so the odds of me having anything is rare, i hope.  my stress and anxiety is off the charts and will continue to be that way till i get the results.  the dr gave me lidocane gel to onumb the area and amazing it worked and i was able to release my bladder and not flip out in pain.  i am also on meds for the UTI and herpes (just in case i have it) for 10 days.  i really hope it is not herpes but at the same time it will drive me crazy if there is no answer for me.  i will post again when i get the results...good luck all and keep your spirits up!
I have the same thing going on.. Ive been tested for std and came back negative.. I'm about two weeks from starting my period and it doesn't happen all the time just when I'm stressed and I don't know what it is :(
Hi just wanted to ask if the above people c/o this problem wear nylon tights alot. I suffer from same problems and find that nylon tights or leggings really exacerbate the discomfort - also I find an increase in this prom if my dh comes inside me and I don't wash the area immediately.  I have dark hair and dark eyes though !
Ok, so I've been going through alot of vaginal problems. I have had a bad case of a yeast infection and BV. Now after the fourth month I was terrified that it is actually herpes causing this, so during the time the yeast was really bad I found a tiny tiny cut on the inside of my labia minora, I figured that it was caused by the yeast and maybe I was too rough with myself from cleaning, it healed in a little over a week. Well then I got a taste bud looking bump, I freaked out so I went to the dr, the bump was in a diff spot then the cut, he swabbed the area for herpes it came back negative. Well the yeast never got better. So after months and months, I finally thought that I was ok, just for it to come back four days later!! Well then while the yeast was all over I found the same tiny tiny cut at the exact same place that I had seen it before!!!! It's like as small as a pen point, it doesn't really hurt, I can pee just fine, but it's round, it was red, I went to my OBGYN a couple of days after I saw it and she swabbed the area, I'm waiting for the results, I'm so scared!!! I really really think it's herpes!!!! I took a blood test for herpes, I'm negative for type 2, genitally herpes. But I'm positive for type 1 cold sores. Now I do get cold sores, I've been told numerous times that its almost impossible to pass your oral herpes to the genitals but I'm so terrified that I did!!!!!!! I dont know what else it could be!!!!! What else shows up as a tiny round cut that reoccurs in the same exact spot!!!!!!!
It's not painful tho, it only hurt when my dr swabbed it, other than that I really can't even notice it!! But it's been there for about a week and two days, it looks like it's healing tho. Again it's not painful, but it's extremely small so maybe that's why it's not painful!! Also, if it were just a reg cut wouldn't it have healed within a week?!?!?! I'm so scared I dont know what it do or think!!!
OK SO I HAVE ENDOMETRIOSIS AND HAVE HAD THE SAME PAPER CUT LIKE SORES BY MY VAGINA AND THE DOCTOR TOLD ME IT WAS FROM MY ENDO BECAUSE OF ALL THE HORMONES IN YOUR BODY.Make sure to tell your gyno about this. I found that birth control helps.I hope this helps.
wow still seems like after all these posts we still do not know what this is..I have had these fissures for over 15 yrs.  The first one started just inside the lips at the top by the clit,,,never went away..then another one started on the opposite side...asked 6 or 7 gyn's all have different ideas, Now I have them upper lower my vagina is riddled with them..have tried cortizone, steroids, antibiotoc ointment,desitin, a&d, monistat, and estrogen cream which seemed to work the best at $200 a tube w/no insurance, but I am leery about estrogen cream since I have heard it can cause cancer.  They seem to almost go away when I'm pregnant which has happened 4 times, they're always worse before and during my period and I'm scarred and deformed for the rest of my life.  Supposedly  it's from dryness and lack of estrogen, I'm not so sure.  I have had all the tests run and still no solution it just *****
I just came back from the Er.. I too have tears.. I believed they came from rough sex but the didnt go away. Last month i was tested for the whole shebang herpes, stds hiv... Negative.. In pain but still dont know what is wrong. My current method of treatment is ice...ive tried anti fungals and vagasil.. Still hurts. Ice is the best ive come across. By the way i have a birth control implant in my arm that has been gibpving me hell since i got it and i do shave... Too many variables.. Will try to figure out and write back
By the way i am 24 and african american with no kids and in a monogamus relationship
I am sooo happy I found this site.I thought I was the only person going through this. I also have been suffering from lesions on my vagina for at least twenty years. I have two bumps on the left side of my vagina near the crease of my leg right now which is causing some pain and discomfort. I also get boils (abscess) or carbuncle in my under arm, I was told by someone who was in school studying homeopathic medicine that the carbuncle was casused by my emotions and with careful study of my reactions to things that would get me upset, I noticed my underarms would get inflammed and very painful  and I would have to wait for days until they burst and sometimes the smell was awful. In regards to my lesions on my vagina I noticed that like most of the women before my period I would get a bump that was painful which usually burst on its own, I had my period last week and here they were again after the period. What the heck is causing this sh-- .  I also had HPV but it cleared up, yesterday I took a blood test for everything I just want to know what I have. I have been with the same man since 1996 who is now my husband of twelve years and he has been very understanding about my problem. In a few days I am going to have my pap smear and speak with the doctor about this problem, again. I am soooo embarrased by this that I need to have back surgery and the spine surgeon said that he wants to cut my groin and my back to put pins in and I have been delaying this since June 2010, because I don't want him to see my lesions.I found this product called genisil it's a cream it has helped. I'm waiting for my  blood test results.  If anyone has any other suggestions please, please I need help.
I'm so glad I found this site. I have a spot right by the opening of my vagina beside the little piece of flap by vagina opening. I know everybody's vagina looks different, but there is like two flap things right by the opening on each side. Anyway there is a spot on one side with a little pin ***** in the center. The pin ***** is almost clear. It's been there for almost 6 weeks now, and doesn't look like it's about to go away. There hasn't been any changes to it. It's sometimes sore to the touch, but not painful to pee, or no funny discharge. I'm always poking at it, to see if it hurts. I'm also always stretching my skin down there to look at it. I do this multiple times a day.

I pull on it, and poke at the area so much, I think I caused another pin ***** spot to show up. That spot doesn't hurt. I'm pretty sure it's from my fingernail poking the area. I've been tested for herpes before, and it was negative, but I'm so paranoid I look up symptoms, and everytime I read one like back pain, leg pain, headache, fever, etc...I all of a sudden have them. Anyone experience this? This is driving me crazy!
I have dealt with the same problems mentioned here since my early 20's. I am now in my 60's. I have never tested positive for any STD, no staph infection, no nothing.  No medical professional has ever been able to help with my condition, so I do a lot of research, listen very closely to what my body is telling me, and rely on natural and herbal supplements, as well as  alternative therapies. The burning rash, the  blisters, the skin that cracks and bleeds all vanished IMMEDIATELY when I stopped using the popular brand of toilet paper. I had been using what I thought was a quality paper.

I switched to "7th Generation" brand toilet paper, which is NOT BLEACHED or processed with any chemicals. This product has been a God-send. Recently, we ran out and a family member inadvertently picked up some of the toxic stuff and the rash came back instantly! So I ran to the store for my 7th Generation, and the rash disappeared immediately.  Wow, what a relief to no longer feel that horrendous torture!

I cannot recommend 7th Generation highly enough to all of you, and I hope that you will try it.  I promise, I am not in any way related to the company.
I started having small tears in the 6 oclock location of my vagina about 3 years ago. I was advised by Dr.#1 to use A & D, Dr.#2 prescribed premarin for several weeks and then surgery to remove my episotomy scar (NEVER EVER DO THIS UNLESS IT IS AN EMERGENCY-TERRIBLE PAIN) and no help. Dr.#3 premarin for several weeks due to atrophy, and no help. Now three years later, I am in worst shape with periarea and "butt crack" tears. I am married and  my husband and I have not had sexual intercourse for more than 3 years. This is not a good way to live, being always sore and bleeding. My skin feels and looks like it is peeling off, leaving open areas. I do not know what else to do and need help.
hello...i have the exact same little sores and am a few days away from my period,,i also found that some of the glands in my pubic area hhave swolen a bit...i thought the ssores could be from shaving,,because i shave wweekely,,but this is only the ssecond time iv gotten these sores..im kinda pale have blue eyes  and fairly sensitive skin..i dont know what to do the itching is unbearable!and it hurts if i touch it and burns when i wee.i try just dab it with a wet cloth just to clean it an then dry it everytime after i wee an i use bactroban cream as im verry scared of infections..its about day 3 or 4 of these eina's and i cant take it anymorr.i want to amputate my vagina...and thers no way it could be an std caws iv had the same boyfreind for 3 years...whyyy is this happening and how do i take it away
hello...i have the exact same little sores and am a few days away from my period,,i also found that some of the glands in my pubic area hhave swolen a bit...i thought the ssores could be from shaving,,because i shave weekely,,but this is only the ssecond time iv gotten these sores..im kinda pale an have blue eyes  and fairly sensitive skin..i dont know what to do the itching is unbearable!and it hurts if i touch it and burns when i wee.i try just dab it with a wet cloth just to clean it an then dry it everytime after i wee an i use bactroban cream as im verry scared of infections..its about day 3 or 4 of these eina's and i cant take it anymorr.i want to amputate my vagina...and thers no way it could be an std caws iv had the same boyfreind for 3 years...whyyy is this happening and how do i take it away
i am  22 years old, and  unfortunately my symptoms started on my 21st birthday.  i get these little sores on the inside of my vagina that hurt to pee or sit or really move around. I had to go to a dr while on vacation.  I have been tested several times for genital herpes both blood and culture all have come back negative.could they be false negatives? I do have sensitive skin and have any allergies. My symptoms seemed to have gone away for a year after my bf and i broke up ( talk about being allergic to a man)ha anyway i am  now currently sick again just a cold and i feel the cuts coming back. more discomfort going pee . My gyno has been stumped trying to figure out what this is, they were certain it was herpes but like i said i have had many tests and all come back negative. I don't even  have the antibodies for  cold sores.it is not only physically draining but emotionally as well. I have had 3 sexual partners all of which got tested and  came back negative. If anyone has answers they would be greatly appreciated.  
Nice to hear that there's quite a lot of people suffering from this... (Not really, but you know!)

I was gone for about a week and a half visiting a friend accross the country.. And well, things heated up and stuff happened. We did use a condom but it slipped in me at some point (Sorry for the details) When I came back home, I was really itchy and burning and I immediately thought of Yeast Infection. I bought Canesten and it all worked well except the fact that I had a few lesures around the hole... I did some research and found that other women had that. So today, I saw my Dr. and told me that Herpes is the only thing that could cause this and no Yeast Infection could ever do that. I also asked if I could get a blood test just to be sure and she told me that the only way to find out is to get a biopsy by the liquid that was inside the "Blisters" I'm torn, I'm going to see someone else! I also contacted my friend who told me he's never had any problems on his side... So I'm just so confused! I hope I can prove to my doctor that I do not have Herpes...
I am also having The same problem. I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years. And we were both virgins. No cheating has ever happened. We always had u protected sex. And never got anythong. One day i cut my vagina while shaving and had sex. I didnt pay attention to the cut cuz it bled for a lil bit. The fact that i peed on it must've infected it. I put Neosporin and it was helping it heal. One day i woke up with a pimple. No itch burn or pain. And the day after the same thing. It was healing until i started soaking it in hot water. It opened everything up. I went to the hospital and they said it look like it could be herpes. And pescribed me with some antibiotics. I started taking them and it healed. However i still went for a culture and blood test at the ob/gyn and im getting my results back. Im so scared. If my boyfriend dont have anything how can i? Is that possible? :(
I have 2 or lesions on my vagina that are very sore and burn. I have a urostomy  so I don't have urine down there. I am using a convatec protective ointment that soothes a little and is suppose to heal, but  it hasn't. I apply as often as needed. I have vulvodynia too. Can anyone tell me what will heal it. I am going to try and call the Dr. tomorrow.
I have also had this problem same symptoms and I was so scared I had an std I am relieved to find out its not and just as u women I have gone to doctors and of course they have no idea. now for me I usually (and I know it sounds crazy) but I put rubbing alcohol on it just pat it slightly and it Burns alil but goes away much faster y'all prob think I'm crazy but it works and there's no pain after
I also use a hot wash cloth and it relives the pain. I took blood and swab test both were Neg....my partner does not have any symptoms and is Neg also so I don't believe it is herpes...I do have a cyst on my ovarie and wonder if this is a cause, would like to know how many of u have had our have a cyst? But otherwise take care ladies..until we find a cure!
I too have the same problem for about a month.  And have been tested negative for herpes and all STDs.  I have 3 lesions right near the hood of my clitoris.  Don't know what this is and I want it to go away.  And yes, mine happens right around my period too.  I used peroxide on a cotton swab on the lesions and this helped to relieve the pain.  When the itch gets really bad, I found that vasaline helps.  But, yet to find a cure.  I'm going to try that herbal pill mentioned and work on balancing my hormones.  Hope these help/work.
It could also be lichen sclerosis.. A biopsy can determine for sure
Amazing to learn I am not alone . . . I am in my 70's, a monogamous marriage, no history of STDs or reason to expect what looks and feels like an initial outbreak of genital herpes, but how could that be? Extremely painful. I'm waiting for test results. Meanwhile taking acyclovir and using lidocaine ointment . . . very painful to apply! . . . but less painful than before I started the pills. I also have fibromyalgia, and hadn't considered a possible connection. I was single for 18 years between my two marriages and was involved with someone, but that was almost 20 years ago! Can herpes be dormant that long? What else looks and feels like herpes? I remember when we thought AIDS was a prostitutes disease, and then we thought it was a gay disease, until we finally learned that it can be transmitted by anyone to anyone without sexual contact at all, just something like a shared needle, or a soiled handkerchief . . . there's still so much we don't know. I'm interested in all information from those who have found their answers. For starters, I think switching to 7th Generation toilet tissue makes a lot of sense, and I will do that.
I have had these lesions as well.  Mine started with getting herpes from a creepy predator.  Thats a whole different story. I also am in menopause. If anyone is needing to know if you have herpes. It starts out with wiping after peeing. You feel , well, it might be possible i have a bladder infection.  So i waited hoping it would go away cuz sometimes it did...when it was a pee thing. Kept having difficulty untill a week after sex i took a shower and the soap was burning me like crazy. So i just flushed it with water and it was better. I looked at it in a mirror and the two spots i did feel itchy and dry and burning the most.. had tiny red bumps with white heads like pimples. You can have herpes all over and still only have a couple spots on you.   People (mostly guys ) can be carriers and never no it. Hope that helps !
For the last seven years, I've been struggling with labial leisions, much like those described by others in this thread. My first "flare-up" happened when I was 12 years old. I was then-- and remain-- a virgin, so doctors were puzzled as to a cause or trigger. The tissue of my labia began to go necrotic from the leisions. I was in the hospital for about a week while the doctors tried treatements and brought in specialists.  

The most effective medical regimen my doctors have found is a perscription of Prednisone, Clindomyacin, and Cipro.I had a labiaplasty at 17 with the hopes to reduce flare-ups, however, that did not stop them from happening.  There's been no cure, nor has their been an actual diagnosis. My case was particularly boggling since both my sister and I suffer from similar symptoms, which began at the onslaught of puberty for each of us and has not quit to this day.

The prevailing theory at present is that something happens to my pH levels when I am menstruating, however, I think other factors are at play. I've noticed, particularly now that I'm 20 and my flow is regular, that these flare-ups happen not only around that time of month, but also when my immune system is otherwise weak-- when I'm already suffering from a cold, the flu, or even high levels of stress.  I'm currently having a flare up that coincides with both a sinus infection and the start of Spring Semester. Another thing to bear in mind is family history of PCOS. Even if you've never had a cyst, check with your mothers, aunts, and/or grandmothers. PCOS is rampant in my family and my doctors think there might be a link.

While I, like many of you, am looking for answers, I found something in this thread I had not found previously: a group of people experiencing the same things I've been struggling with for years. Since I was in middle school, I've thought that there must be something wrong with me-- and my sister, too-- and that we were alone in our situations. Because my father is in the military, I've been treated only by military doctors; prior to our cases, none of them had seen anything like this. However, I'm getting a sense that this is a more common problem than I've ever believed. Tomorrow, I'm calling my civilian doctor to schedule an appointment and/or get a referral to a civilian gynocologist for the first time. Thank you for giving me that courage.

I wish all of you luck in your quests to get better!
Hey was wondeing how that turned out for you?  Was it Herpes or Syphilis?  Im going through the same thing and mine sound like yours.  Would like to hear how you made out?
Sounds like piles/haemerroids
Im a young black woman i experiece the same horrid sores i.thought it was herpes but my.dr.says it isint im confussed.as to how im supposed to go on like this it hurts so bad sometimes its.hard.to.walk n sleep some of u ladies with.the same.condition please give me pointers how u control the.symptos. Im DESPERATE!!!!
I too have the same problems....which always appear after sex....I have been doing research since finding out the I have strep B which is located in the intestines, vagina, and anal areas. I would never have know this except they test for this form of strep during pregnancy. Do any of you know if you also have strep B . I was thinking that these lesions could be an effect of this form of strep.
I too have been dealing with these types of issues for 10 years. I had periods of itching and burning and painful sex. II was tested for stds back then..negative. I was then told I had vulvadynia. I went through all kinds of treatments that didnt work. I then suffered through it until I had my 2nd baby. While having my baby I messed up my pelvis. So I had to go for physical therapy. While there my pt told me she specialized in pelvic floor disorders. So she then worked to help me with my vulvadynia. I worked with her for about 20 weeks. She then released me bc she taught me all she could to help it. A few weeks later I started getting these cuts on my labia. Which my mother told me she had at the same age that I am. So I thought nothing of it. I had a check up with my Gyno recently and she swabbed the cut. I was told I have type 2 herpes. I have been with my husband for 9 years. So...were all of my issues from herpes??? Or do I really have vulvadynia. I am going to a new Gyno next week. I need answers!
I was put on antibiotics for strep in jan. after i finished the antibiotic therapy i started itching. i assumed it was a yeast infection since everythime i take antibiotics i get one. so i got the doc to call in (i forget the name of the pills) but there are 3 lil pills that balance the yeast in your body. anyways i continued to itch. but the thing is i haven't had sex since i broke up with my bf last july. i have no drainage, no odor, and it is in the same place. i don't belive it's an std. no pubic hair grows in that area now ( idk if it's from scratching or what) i did go to my doctor today( he didn't even examen me) but he said he thinks it's a fungus that i could have gotten from a public toliet seat. so he refered me to my gyno. i too am freaking out. and tired of suffering. so i will be going to my gyno the first of next week. this ***** soooooooooo bad.
Wow I'm also very fair skined blonde almost whit hair and sensitive to so many things and I too have the exact same problem but my Dr says I could b allergic to semen I am currently not sexually active but am 26 with 3 kids if anyone has any other ideas email me at ***@**** ty
my daughter is five i gave birth vaginally but later on i find out i have herpes now i am so scared because i dont know if i gave her herpes , i never had an my vaginal i had them on my buttocks
I cannot believe all the people who are dealing with this. I have had this same issue for 19 years. I cannot date or have sex or kids. I have been to more than 30 doctors, dermotologists, std clinics and every kind of specialist you can think of and have been told that it is "all in my head" which would be great, except that any sexual partner I have gets this from me, and when we are no longer together, they get over it. So it's clearly me. I feel totally disgusting, and confused. I have done a pretty good job so far at keeping myself from falling in love,and convincing myself that I want to be alone,  but I met someone recently that I could be with for ever but I am not willing to expose him to this. It sounds really bad to say, but I am so relieved to see other people with this condition. I was starting to feel like I was the only one.
I'm a 32 yr white female blond bleu euyes and a history of sensitive skin.  I have a an almost 2 yr old (vaginal delivery).  Back in October 2011 I noticed it was painful to have sex- we had been using condoms since the birth of my son.  During my periods I noticed it was too painful to use tampons.  After seeing the doctors at Emory 4 times since December all my tests came back negative.  I don't have HPV, other cancers, STD's including vaginal herpes (although I've had cold sores since the age 0f 12).  I did see a specialist who prescribed me cortisone supositories but they only moderatly helped.  He told me it was either Vaginal Lichen Planus  or Vulvovaginitis he told me if I got preganat it would help (how do you have a baby if sex is too painful).  Anyay, I'm going back for 5th visit on Friday and I plan to ask about the strep.  I'm glad I'm not alone.  best wishes to all!
I have a similar problem, but mine hurts during sex, i feel discomfort while doing it, i dont kno what to do ive been having this for 3 yrs already and i hate it cuz i cant last for sex or sometimes i cant even have no sex at all. it comes and goes too but it last more than when its gone... I feel itchy and swollen all the time n when i look at it itw just red. Sometimes i do c the little blisters, sometimes i cry cuz i cant take the pAin during or after sex tht i make my husband feel bad for doing it.. i always want  to do it, i enjoy my husband alot but for tht reason i dont n i dont even try it no more, this problem is causing me problems w/ him already bcuz he thinks tht im not attracted to him which i am but its hard to get in the mood knowing is gonna hurt you... Can some 1 help me please??
i also had same problem from 1 month ... what i did two days before that i put two teaspoons salt in 6 glass of water and started drinking all of it ... it lighten the pain .... the next day i again did the same procedure and now the whole of the pain , itching, and burning is gone .... plus now there is no bad smell coming from my urine.. i m happy
Hi guys, I am 23, have been married for 2 1/2 years and been with the same man for almost 5 years. I have the mirena so we dont use any other form of birth control. I frequently get yeast and bacterial infections and have battled with those for several years. I now take probiotics and make sure i rinse before and after sex along with urinating. I don't use any hards soap with washing and i have used the same laundry detergent for years. I do not have periods, maybe some brown or pink discharge for a couple days a month but the mirena has made them almost disapear. I noticed the other day that i was starting to itch down there, from my vagina all the way to my butt. I thought i was getting another yeast infection but thought it was strange that i didnt have thick white discharge with little yeast spots. That night the itchy was unbearable and i started to swell, 2 days later i had my well woman check up and told my gyno what was going on. He said i didnt have a yeast or bacterial infection and that it was itching from extra moisture. It wasnt only itching but it was extremly soar and swollen. He pretty much dismissed me and i went home and did everything i could to keep my vagina area dry and breathable. Here it is 4 days later and i have what looks and feels like paper cuts on my inner labias. The spots are red and burn so bad when i pee. I dont have an std obviously or an infection so why is this happening? I tried monistat for the itch and preperation h for the burning, nothing helps and its getting worse. It wont go away. I have had itching and burning with an infection but why now without one? I have googled and googled for answers but can't find one. It hurts to sit and pee and it itches at night. Im miserable! Will this go away or do i have to live with this? I havent been under an abnormal amount o stress so i can't find a logical answer. I also do not wipe since this has happened i use a squirt bottle after i pee to cleanse the area. I hope someone can please help me.
This all sounds so familiar! I agree it at first felt like razor or paper cuts to one of my vaginal lips and it has gotten so much worse. It's been at least two years since they have gone away at all, they used to come and go but now I think they're here for good. It is more painfully and discouraging and itchy and depressing and embarrassing etc, than I can say. I am 40, had a radical hysterectomy at 30 due to Endometriosis, I had both of my kids by C section. Married for 20 years, with no extra partners. I have been diagnosed with Lupus, Rhuemetoid Artheritis and Sjogrens. In the last year I have had sex twice and both times spent weeks afterward in even worse pain than usuall. Sex is not worth it to me. This is ruining my marriage and has destroyed my confidence. I find that an extremely hot soak in the tub helps a little. Zincofax brings some relief, sometimes. Also Canesten vaginal cream has a numbing affect, which is very welcome at times. Some of the other vaginal creams burn like %#@. I take Premarin, hormone replacement pills, Plaquinil, and numerous other MARDS for all my auto immune issues. Please if anyone has any help for me and the rest of these ladies, or you need a friend who understands what you are going through, my name is Tina and you can email me anytime; ***@****
i have a concern in my vaginal area between my vagina and anus it burns kinda itches and its dry .. I was looking on the internet and it said it can be herpes is this true?
Latersbaby
Ladies.....
Stay calm! I have been going through hell with this same EXACT thing. I finally found a doc. that was able to help me. It's a skin disease called Lichen Sclerosis (LIE-kun skluh-ROW-sus) . I have had this for years and after a ton of research and about 7 diff docs. I went to a new Dr with my medical records in hand and DEMANDED a punch biopsy be done to examine the tissue that was being effected.  A week later my results were back and AMEN it has a name and treatment. You may be stuck with the condition for years to come but you can get relief.
symptoms may include:

Itching (pruritus), which can be severe
Discomfort, which is generally greater if lichen sclerosus appears on or around your genital or anal areas
Smooth white spots on your skin that may grow into blotchy, wrinkled patches
Easy bruising or tearing
In severe cases, bleeding, blistering or ulcerated lesions
Painful intercourse

The exact cause of lichen sclerosus isn't known. However, the condition may be related to a lack of sex hormones in the affected skin or to an overactive immune system. Previous skin damage at a particular site on your skin may increase the likelihood of lichen sclerosus at that location.

Although lichen sclerosus may involve skin around your genitals, it isn't contagious and cannot spread through sexual intercourse.

Lichen sclerosus occurs most often in postmenopausal women, but it also occurs in men and children. In women, lichen sclerosus usually involves the vulva. In boys and men, uncircumcised males are most at risk, because the condition generally affects the foreskin.
Severe lichen sclerosis can make sex extremely painful for women because itching and scarring may narrow the vaginal opening. In addition, blistering may create extremely sensitive skin to the point that any pressure on the area is unbearable.

Corticosteroid ointments or creams are commonly prescribed for lichen sclerosus. Initially, you'll generally have to use cortisone creams or ointments on the affected skin daily. After several weeks, your doctor will likely recommend that you only use these medications twice a week to prevent a recurrence. Your doctor will monitor you for side effects associated with prolonged use of topical corticosteroids, such as thinning of the skin.
If corticosteroid treatment doesn't work or if months of corticosteroid therapy are needed, other treatments your doctor may prescribe include:

Immune-modulating medications, such as tacrolimus (Protopic) and pimecrolimus (Elidel).  Topical sex hormones are sometimes prescribed to treat lichen sclerosus.
For men with lichen sclerosus on the foreskin, removal of the foreskin (circumcision) is a common treatment in cases resistant to other therapies or more advanced cases. Surgery in the genital or anal area generally isn't recommended for women with lichen sclerosus because the condition may just come back after surgery.

GOOD LUCK!!!!
Viewing 201-264 comments: