Vaginal lesions
I am 36 years old and have had the same partner (faithfully)  for 11 years.  About 10 years about I started having these sores develop in my vaginal region.  They almost looked like little blisters.  I will just call them Vaginal lesions.  When they are about to show up the area will start to itch and burn slightly.  Then the vaginal lesion arrives there is considerable pain.  It will last for about a week then go away.  When they first appeared I would get one or two at a time then they would go away, but a couple of weeks later a would get another.  I was miserable.  Through the years
they have lessened.  Last year I only had one and now, about a year later, I have another. OB/gyn
HI DO YOU HAVE A LOT OF DISCHARGE OR DOES YOUR VAGINAL AREA STAY WET ALL THE TIME?IF SO THEY MIGHT BE VAGINAL WARTS.THEY WILL APPEAR IF WOMEN ARE MORE WETTER THAN OTHERS.ASK YOUR DOCTOR IF THAT COULD BE IT,THEY ARE NOT THE SAME AS HERPES,THATS WHY THAT OINTMENT DIDN'T HELP THEM.ASK YOUR DOCTOR IF THERE IS SOME THING ELSE YOU CAN USE,IF THAT IS WHAT THEY ARE.I AM NOT A DOCTOR.I AM ONLY GIVING YOU MY OPPINION.TAKE CARE OF YOUR SELF.TNT406
any chance these problems occur after sex?  Blisters could also be a sign of some type of dermatitis/allergy to condoms, foam, i've even heard where women develop a sensitivity to semen. Personally, I had one occurance w/a lambskin condom that caused vaginal itching, burning and swelling.  Also tampons, bath soap douches can cause reactions as well.  I cant use odor-absorbing tampons either..they casu itching/burning..I am also fair-complected and have sensitive skin.
Yes, I do have fair, sensitive skin.  I never tan and always burn.  I have to be careful about any products that I use on my body.  I can't use tampons or soap in my vaginal region, because of the sensitivity.  Urination when I have one of the lesions can bring tears to my eyes and sometime it is difficult to sit down.   I
Wow.  I actually have the same thing.  I know how weird it is to have this and it is not herpes or vag warts. My ob/gyn was stumped also by this problem-The same thing happens to me.  I get the feeling that they are like little paper cuts all inside, and they are excruciating when you tinkle.  I have tried a steroidal cream, perscribed by my gyne, but it is messy and gooey, and I really don't like using it, because it doesn't really do much.  Do you notice they get worse before or after your period?  I know what you mean about feeling like, "what the hell is this?"  I am in a monogomous relationship for 6 years, with the same partner, who is now my husband.  This condition really has no "name" but it is not considered a STD.  I am also frustrated by the mystery surrounding this problem.  At least someone knows what you are going through.  If you do not mind my asking, are you a fair, light eyed woman?...I am and I wonder if this is not occurring in this type more than any others, like darker skinned, tougher skinned, females. I am sensitive to just about everything.
I agree that this occurs hormonally, say, a week before my period, and always after sex.  My husband and i do not use any form of birth control, and we are quite careful about it.  My husband doesn't come inside me, but, I do agree with Holly, in that I  think the pre-ejaculatory, or lube, is actually an irritant-or this combined with the friction, and the alkaline/acid ratio.  My gyne prescribed "clobetasol" doesn't work really.  I think we should all, after starting our next periods, keep a little journal, or notes about when this starts, and when it subsides, what aggrivates it, and what keeps it at bay.  I think stress, is a contributor, but not the root cause.  I think it is possible to have very sensitive, fragile skin down there...I find the kind of t.p. I use is key too.  Often when I have a "recurrance" i literally need to use washcloths to wipe.  So I keep a stack of clean white, terry cloth washcloths by the toilet, and use those, and forget the cheap t.p. like anything that is very "papery" or rough is terrible.  Try the aloe kind.  I think COttonelle makes that one.  Okay well, please all keep this thread going, it is very interested to hear other's symptoms, and experiences.
Take comfort in knowing that you are not alone.  Keep your chin up.  Tell your boyfriend to be patient with you.
HI again all, I am really all over the board tonight, but you all should scroll down to the threat on "VAGINAL FISSURES" interesting because they are speaking about the same subject there as we are here, regarding the "paper cut" like sores/lesions/.
My cousin showed me this site and I am SOOO relieved that there are other people out there like me!  I hate going through this so much!  I am a flight attendant and have been staying in so many different hotels and wondered if maybe it was the different detergents.  I have little paper-cut like things too.  I even told my cousin that was exactly the wording I used.  My poor boyfriend thinks I am just having a nervous breakdown because I am always so stressed about work and cry because the pain gets to be so bad.  My Aunt works in my doctors office and I asked her if she knew what they could be.  She said she's never seen anything like it before.  I was so worried about an STD.  I just wasn't sure where it could have come from.  I am a very fair, light eyed, blond girl.  I am also really sensitive to so many different creams and detergents.  I have been using vaseline... probably a no-no... and a couple other anti-itch creams.  Which seem to help for a small amount of time.  If anyone finds out anything else... be sure to post it.  I wonder if we are the first to come across this considering our doctors are clueless...??
Hi all...yes, it is a good site, in that we can compare notes.  I really do think stress is a big contributor.  Some people get facial breakouts, psoriasis, eczema or some other "external" visable reaction.  Some people get internal reactions, or more or less, in places others can not see.  I agree that the best way to describe this is paper cuts, or mini micro-tears in that very delicate place.  It is upsetting because often I will be interested in sex and can not have it because of the situation down there. I think my husband thinks I am just not horny because I tell him no, rather than getting him all worried that I am not attracted to him, I try to explain it, but he doesn't know what to do to help.  I have tried a "homoepathic" remedy that was suggested by a collegue, to use ALOE VERA straight from the plant.  I know it sounds bizarre, but if you are getting ready to go to bed, just massage a little on the area, not UP INSIDE but just on the area-mine is usually on inner lips-it soothes it a bit.  Who knows it helped me.
I had a similar problem.  However, mine only occurred once and did come with flu-like symptoms which made it appear to be an STD.  (Maybe those were brought on psychologically?) I was blood-tested negative for herpes several months later.  I do have eczema on my face, though, and maybe there's a link?
Where do these lesions occur? Mine usually appear in the crease between my leg and vagina. I was told that its not herpes, yet I still don't know what it could be.
Thank you so much for the info.  I have some blood problems that I never linked to the lesions, but now I have to rethink it.  I think I may start keeping a health diary to track my foods and activites to see if there is a corrilation.  Thanks.  Yes Autumnharmony, you are not alone.
I have this problem too and have been checked several times for herpes.. I have Crohns disease though.. and my underlying problem is my body becomes too acidic easily... I can't eat chocolate or anything tomato based etc... its instant lesions,instant little sores.. unbalanced system I have.. Crohns is autoimmune.. immune system is over active..If you suffer from any kind of acid problem or intestinal unrest its likely the lesions may have something to do with that.. such as irritable bowel etc..I was glad to find this today.. I am not alone..
Hello everyone, I was really nervous to first post personal comments on things like this because I thought I was the only one going through symptoms like these. It's a relief that I have others to relate to. The problems that I have been having for the past 3 months or so, are, exactly a week and half before I get my period each month, I break out with these sores. They are painful just as you've all explained. They burn and itch, a little inside and out around the vagina/vagina lips, and I get this discharge like fluid as well. The past couple of times, I have had flu-like symptoms with the breakout, but I've been tested for STD's and I've gotten blood work done to see if it has anything to do with that, and everything came out negative and alright. I've felt like I was alone in this siutation, and the more stressed I get, the worse the symptoms seem to get. I get headaches all the time, get sick to my stomach and lose my appetite sometimes, and I constantly worry because I've always considered myself a clean person. I don't sleep around and I've stayed as cautious as I thought I could be when it comes to these kind of situations. Even though I tested negative for STD's, I still get scared that it's herpes even though I don't see how I could have caught them. I don't understand why the breakout only happens at that exact time before I get my period, along with the discharge and pain. Am I alone on all these symptoms? Does anyone know any answers as to what this could be if it isn't herpes?
hi everyone, i also have these 'lesions'. i thought that they were due to recurrent sexual abuse, but am unsure now, because it has been over a year since that last happened. i agree that it feels like there are little razor cuts on the labia, which for me are usually just inside. it is painful to urinate after sex, and sometimes, i have prolonged discharge, say for over 24 hours, after sex. it's not the regular kind of discharge, it's watery and carries an odor. i am quite embarrased by all of this, but am searching for the cause. my last gynocologist said that i should use this cream to ease my discomfort. sometimes it helps, but the effects don't last very long. symptoms disappear after 24-36 hours. does anyone else have this discharge? it's more of a nuisance than painful. just wondering. if anyone has any pain-relieving suggestions, i'd appreciate them. thanks.
Hey,
thanks for your post.  I have been keeping a squirt bottle beside the toilet.  The bottle contains a solution of baking soda and water.  When I have a painful urination I squirt my vaginal region with the baking soda solution and I find it kills the burn at once. It neutralizes the acid so it doesn't burn as much.  As for just general pain relief from the lesions, I really don't have any suggestions.  I have tried several creams and they have never worked.  I live in the VERY hot south.  I keep a couple of damp wash cloths in the freezer.  When the pain is really bad I undress and put the cold towel on my vaginal region.  It doesn't exactly make the pain go away, but it releives it a bit (at least for me).  It could just be relief from the heat, but you may try it.
I'm sooo glad I'm not alone..I too have seen several doctors and had blood work done...but nobody knows what it is.  My blood work shows signs of herpes 1, which everyone has from cold sores etc...I just went to the doctor again last week to discuss my blood work and to discuss the discomfort I have after sex.  He said to show up immediately to the office when I notice the lesions so he can get a sample of it and run tests...but it's diffinitely hard because of my work schedule.  I do agree that stress may be the cause of it. I have not noticed that it occurs more often before my period...I'm pretty irregular...I get my period every two months...but I'll keep a diary in case. To ease my pain...I apply A&D creme at night...it's like a cream you would apply a baby for diaper rash or something..and it seems to help for me.  I've been dealing with this discomfort for the past 3 years...not all lesions but other problems like yeast, irritation, etc...I'm married and have had the same partner...and it's been hard on our relationship because I don't want sex as much because it hurts.  I also get burning when I tinkle after sex...I try to run warm water down my vagina as I pee to ease the pain.  But I'm glad I'm not alone...thanks for starting this thread. I'm a latina with light skin and brown eyes.
I am so glad to have found this page because I was absolutely convinced that I was dying.  I will admit that I was stupid and had unprotected sex with a fairly new partner (we used a condom before, but didn't on one occassion).  I woke up the next morning pretty sore - was very dehydrated when we had sex, even stopped sex because I was getting sore during it.  So, initially I just thought it was friction, soreness, post-sex kind of stuff.  It definetely got worse, however, at times itchy, at times sore.  I noticed after standing at a concert for several hours last night I was in so much pain I thought I was going to die - it literally starts throbbing after a while.  I can't tell if I have discharge because I started my period on Sun. (a day after it showed up).  I've taken my hand-mirror out and everything since last night after looking way too long on webmd i was convinced i had herpes.  It defeinetely looks like little tiny tears, no blisters or weird colors.  I used a hydro-cortisone cream because that's all I have.  Any other suggestions of how to manage the symptoms througout the day?  The other weird thing is (which is making me continue to question the possibility of an STD) is that this has never happened to me before.  I've had problems with dryness before and the resulting soreness, but it has never lasted this long.  Does age, medication side-effects have anything to do with it?
I have suffered from the EXACT same thing you are all describing for the last four years. I was told is it was herpes, then warts then yeast. My blood work shows herpes 1. But when I have "breakouts" the virus is not present. I have ulcerative colitis but have only been diagnosed in the last year. So I don't know if they are related. I have been suffereing from yeast the week before or after my period for the past three consecutive months and am wondering if it has to do with my birth control. So I have decided to try going off it and see of there are any improvments. Every month these "lesions" appear and they have started to go down around my anus. At night it burns and itches, which in turn makes them worse. I have tried EVERYTHING and my doctors are baffled. Any help would be appreciated. I feel lost. I love sex and to be spontaneous with my partner, but I feel as though I am always self concsious now.
Hey gals,

So I think I'm having the same problem.  In high school I was diagnosed with an ovarian cyst with suspicions of endometriosis and put on Ortho-tricyclen.  I was not sexually active at the time and didnt have any problems.  I was taking this for about 2 1/2 years when the severe cramping, etc. began again and was switched to OrthoNovum 1/35.  Around the same time I began having frequent UTIs/cystitis infections/yeast infections one right after the other and serious vaginal dryness and pain during sex.  It was suspected that the infections were caused by the dryness and pain and I should just use KY so I started doing that.  My infections have pretty much ended, but I keep having the pain and dryness and it's even getting worse.  This week for the first time, I have 3-4 cuts after sex accompanied by a low-grade yeast infection.  I went to the doctor today and was tested for Herpes and given a prescription for Valtrex (which I can't afford).  She said she thought there was a 40% chance it was herpes (my boyfriend gets mouth cold sores, but neither of us has any other history of HSV) and a 60% chance it was "just tears" and said I should just make sure I use KY, which I already do.  Also, I'm supposed to be on my period this week, but I haven't really been having them since I started ortho-novum.

I'm definitely hoping it's not herpes, but I am hoping that it's not what y'all have either!

I guess what I was wondering is do you typically have several tears at the same time?  

Also, I wanted to point out that my doctor said it takes a minimum of 21 days for a vaginal tear to heal so you shouldn't have any sexual contact for at least that much time - a month is better.  She also said from there to slowly return to normal sex.  That sucks for sure, but that's how they supposedly heal.

My stats:

- 20 years old; W/F
- monogomous relationship of 1 year
- 3 sexual partners total - all with condoms (yay safe sex)
- no pets
- college student so i guess thats high stress
- orthotricyclen then orthnovum
- ovarian cyst; light suspicion of endometriosis
- history of dermatitis (dry skin - causes dandruff, etc)
- pending herpes test
- outbreak accompanied by low-grade yeast infection
Hi everyone,

Umm i get kind of the same thing. I get very itchy, goes from a soft pink to red in colour down there, sore and hurts to pee (I dont have cuts though). My boyfriend of 1 year has got this too. It started about 6 months ago when he came inside me. I was EXTREMELY itchy. From then on after sex (no condom till he is about to ***) being itchy etc started agen then because I couldnt have sex for a week or two after because it was to painful it woudl die down then we woudl have sex and it would all start again. My boyfriend is worried its herpes, I think maybe it is his lube but I have no clue what it is ?!?
Just an update my outer libia (sp?) is swollen n purple in colour and my inner libia (sp?) has small cuts (probably from my nails scratching)
i have been having a similar problem for about 3 years. doctors keep diagnosing it as yeast although the only symptom i have in common with yeast is the itching. the yeast medication does seem to work except these 'infections' are so recurring that it boggles my mind. it such an inconvenience especially since my boyfriend and i (monogamous for 1 year) don't get a chance to have sex very often. the last thing i need when tehre is an opporunity is to have to worry about discomfort.

i do not get multiple lesions, i get one and it is in the crease between my vagina lips. i tend to get bumps on one side but i think that is from the itching. this isn't accompanied by any different symptoms than i know of. there is no consistency to when it appears, it just happens. a lot of the times triggered by sex, but not always. however i've always been paranoid about my after-sex regime of washing and goign to the toilet since i had a uti once. it goes away when i have my period and then returns after. mine doesn't really have an 'end' which is why i have been so desperate about a cure-i can't really wait it out unless i take yeast medication. my boyfriend also complained about itching after sex (which is when i had to reveal to him my little problem-the funny thing was that the symptoms hadn't manifested in me at that point so there was no way for me to prevent in him -we don't like using condoms but we may have no choice soon) and he tested positive for yeast. my dr is testing me for herpes right now so i'm waiting on those results. she is alos testing me for a bacterial infection.

its good to see that i'm not alone in this. often i've felt as if i will never be able to enjoy a normal, spontaneous sex life and it's so depressing. reading everyone else's comments make me feel a little less alone. to add i am an east indian female with darker skin.
HELLO EVERY ONE. GLAD TO SEE THAT THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER WOMAN WITH THE SAME PROBLEM AND THAT WE DO HAVE SOMEWHERE TO GO AND DISCUSS THEM PRIVATELY. WELL I THINK THAT I HAVE A SIMILAR CONDITION. I AM A LESBIAN AND HAVE BEEN IN A MANOGOMOUS RELATIONSHIP WITH MY GIRLFRIEND FOR THE PAST 6 MONTHS. RECENTLY DURING SEX I OBTAINED A VAGINAL TEAR, BUT IT WASN'T REALLY THAT BAD. AFTER A DAY OR SO IT BEGAN TO GET WORSE AND MORE PAINFUL. I BOUGHT A TUBE OF NEOSPRIN OINTMENT TO HELP IN HEALING AND AID IN PAIN RELIEF TO NO AVAIL. IT JUST KEPT GETTING WORSE. AFTER A DAY OR SO MORE I BEGAN TO NOTICE SOME BLISTERED AREAS ON MY LABIA. I THOUGHT NOTHING OF IT BECAUSE I SHAVE DOWN THERE AND THOUGHT THEY MIGHT JUST BE HAIR OR RAZOR BUMPS. BY THE NEXT DAY THE BUMPS WERE MORE PAINFUL. IT WAS BEGINNING TO BECOME UNCOMFORTABLE TO SIT, STAND, OR EVEN WALK. I THEN GREW CONCERNED. BY THE NEXT DAY THEY HAD OPENED UP AND WERE OPEN BLISTERED AREAS. NOW THEY LOOK REALLY BAD AND IT SEEMS TO BE SPREADING. THE LESIONS HAVE A WHITE ***** LOOKING FILM OVER THEM. THEY 10 TIMES MORE PAINFUL. I'V BEEN TAKING MOTRIN 800MG TO HELP THE SWELLING AND TO EASE THE PAIN. IT HELPS A LITTLE AND FOR A LITTLE WHILE, BUT I WANT THE PROBLEM SOLVED. I WAS ACTUALLY ON-LINE LOOKING AT SOME PICTURES OF VAGINAL HERPES AND COMPARING THEM TO MY CONDITION. THE PICTURES AND THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS SEEM TO BE CLASSIC OF WHAT I HAVE. HOWEVER I CAN'T THINK OF A TIME THAT I MIGHT HAVE BEEN EXPOSED. OVER THE LAST 3 YEARS I HAVE ONLY HAD 3 OTHER FEMALE SEXUAL PARTNERS. 1 WAS A LONG TERM 2YR RELATIONSHIP AND SHE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM. 1 WAS A WEEKED-STAND AND THE OTHER IS MY CURRENT GIRLFRIEND. I'M GOING TO THE DOCTORS TOMORROW TO GET THIS LOOKED AT. I REALLY HOPE THAT IT'S NOT HERPES. I HOPE THAT IT'S A YEAST. BUT I'VE NEVER SEEN A YEAST LIKE THIS BEFORE. I'M A NURSE OF 7 YRS AND STILL I'M DUMBFOUNDED. ANYWAYS IF THIS IS A CONDITION THAT YOU THINK YOU MIGHT HAVE PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND DO TRY THE MOTRIN. IT HELPS.
alright, i think this is similar to what i have been experienced... for a brief in my history... i had a cyst on my left ovary rupture when i was 19 and they diagnosed me with endometreosis... awesomely painful and you never know when. i'm 22 now and i haven't had a large one pop in a while. i also have subcutaneous cysts, my doctor said... i was at the gyno and freaked out cause there was a bump on my lip... it got really sore but wasn't an actual sore. it was deep under and went away after a while (the hormones in the pill definitely have an affect on the entire vagina... cysts of any type can be caused from change in levels of hormones). i've been off and on two types of b.c. since the cyst, i hate it... i'm a thin fair woman with pretty ok periods, after the cyst pop i was put on yasim... i thought i was going to bleed to death one day... i was a hormonal mess and refused to take it after that... i started seeing a chinese/homeo doctor and did accupuncture which really got me back to regular and we did diet monotoring, (vegetarian for life too) and things came back to a normal. i DO think stress has something to do with it, i can really stress, tough life sure, but once you start stressing sometimes it's hard, you worry and such and it really really affects my body now... i've never had any soreness till very recently with my now boyfriend who is very understanding, it might be due to him being larger but i don't think that's just it. about 5-6 months ago i was with someone else and one night after sex i went to the bathroom and i was covered in blood... him too. i tore something. it was so so so painful... the next day i bought some betadine/water douche and witchazel wipes. i've never douched before, but i had to clean the cut, it was bad. the solution really helped, i did it twice in the shower, along with the wipes when i urinated. aloe, like i read above, is what a best friend recomended... i think with something like this, natural is the best. witchazel is such a mellow cleanser. vitamin E on dry spots too. SO ever since then, i've been much more sensitive to sex. my vagina does NOT like comdoms, i start to smell when i use trogans... and now that i've been tested and negative and now with a serious partner i've been trying to find something to make this comfortable. i love sex a lot and betadine and bottled fresh, i'll even say expensive bottled water about 1 to ten parts for a douche really really helps, it doesn't screw with the ph down there. doesn't burn either, really takes the pain away. i don't have anything on the outside i can see, i've even felt around with my fingers and it's just tender but sex kills, sometimes when i pee too. i wonder if it's the detergent or soap, i'm going to get unscented today... no dryer sheets, yuck. i've also really found that glycerine uncented soaps are very gental too.... my aunt is a midwife and she said the vagina is very susceptable to tears and they are more common than we think. just like everyone else i'm glad but not i'm not alone.... just when you have enough things to worry about, your vagina shouldn't bother this bad right? but try what i said above... i've been looking around online all day to find something. take care.
I was on here looking for information and I came across your comment nursegrl, it seems we have had the same situation.  I too am a lesbian in a relatinship with my girlfriend for 16 months. Recently after sex I noticed a small tear or cut between the labia major and minor. It was like the area was wet and just split, before when this has happened I would just let it heal. This time I felt like maybe neosporin would help it. Within a day of using that ointment I developed small blisters on my labia minor and major,, The areas where the blisters came up seem to be where the ointment could have touched. This has never happened to me before and it is very painful. I read on the ointment tube that it was for external use only, and I am wondering if maybe it burned that area, or caused some sort of damage;.because the blisters did not show til after use of the ointment. I have made an appointment with ob/gyn but it is not until the 24th of this month. Please tell me how your appointment went and if this could have been caused by the ointment.  I am glad to know that someone else tried the same treatment as myself.. Thank you for posting.
hey ladies. well i must admit im having some what of the same problem. Its confusing as hell because you all story is so much like mine but at the same time a lot of the sympotms are different so im not absolutely sure that its the same problem. But i do develop a lesion i dont know how often but its less than once a month. It just happens, radomly. But it is always in the same spot and i always know when its coming because it just starts off as a real itchy burning sensation but in the same area as its always in so i know whats happening. The thing is mine lasts for about a week and this time (yesterday) when it developed it also came along with a weird vaginal discharge. Thick and kind of a off white color. The discharge doesnt make me itch and it does not have an odor but it ofcourse iritates the sore area because its wet. what i would call "the lesion", is red it looks like a blister that has popped kind of and it just starts off as itchy and red skin but then develops more into a blister after a couple of days. I dont know what to do and i havent been to the doctor about it. Ive been tested for all std's blood work and pap since this first started about a year ago and they havent said anything was positive so i just deal with it. I have had unprotected sex before but they havent had problems as far as i know. Its good to know that im not alone although i would not wish this upon any other woman. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and listening to mine
My fiance' found this forum for me, actually under vaginal tears. A few of you have these herpes like symptoms, but have tested negative? I am dumbfounded too. I think you have to go to the gyno when you have the tears/lesions, so they can see and test. I'm sure it's possible to have false negatives and positives. It is also possible to carry the virus for years and not have an outbreak. Herpes doesn't always look like the textbook. Mine started off looking and feeling like a little cut right at my opening. It wouldn't heal. Then I found out I have herps. So everytime we had sex after that I thought I was having an outbreak. But no, my skin tears in the exact spot, sometimes it's a bigger tear.  Good luck to all of you in finding a solution or cure. I'm desperate.
Another thing that happend to me almost 10 years ago..sex was painful with my partner. I checked out the goods and noticed some tears right on the inside. The gyno said I had a mild yeast infection and it makes your skin extra tender. He gave me something for the yeast and a cream of some sort for the tears.  I healed fine and never had another problem like that.  I just wish that was my problem now. This is a big strain on my relationship and although I got it from my fiance I feel bad about making him stay with me.
I just came across this thread after searching the internet for Vaginal lesions - It's interesting to see so many people with the same symptoms as me.

I also get the "paper cut" type sores on my vagina - normally they appear around the time of my period or after having sex...so I end up suffering with these quite a lot.
I did have a full STD check a few months back... and mainly asked to be checked for Herpes - but the results were negative on everything(I have heard that there is a high FALSE negative rate with Herpes testing anyway. I still think the reason i'm getting these lesions is because I have herpes - I'll tell you why....

My fiance has "classic" herpes symptoms - he gets the blisters which occur every now and then in the same two parts on his body. He hasn't been tested yet but it's obvious exactly what he has after doing extensive research on STD's etc..
What i'm not understanding is why i'm not getting those "classic" symptoms??...and only getting these paper type lesions??? it's really confusing. I also think that because the majority of people - including doctors think that Herpes is only "Blisters" that when they see these paper cuts they don't think it is herpes. I also believe that the blisters are easier to get a positive herpes result from than these paper cuts - If you think about it blisters have puss inside....paper cuts don't have that right?...
Anyway i'm rambling on now....but I just wanted to say to you girls - do not rule out herpes altogether because you've had a negative result back - or because they are not the classic herpes symptoms your getting.

Take care.
hey guys.. ok so FINALLY i've found other people with the same problem what a relief! anyway i can remember getting these "paper-cut" like symptoms for like 6 years now.. I've had 4 sexual partners but even had this when my boyfriend and me had sex and we were virgins. So i figured maybe having other partners i'd have an STD so i got tested and everything was negative. I still drive myself crazy everytime i get these things but thank god i know i'm not the only one. The only thing about having herpes and it being false and negative is that getting tested is a blood test so if it's in your blood i dont think it can easily hide from the test.  So if you've been tested and you're negative i think you should be fine. also just wondering if theres anything you guys put on it that can be bought in the stores? well anyway just wanted to give my imput and feel so much better i'm not the weirdo i thought i was with this problem!
all the best to everyone :)
*Should say "yeast infection" at the bottom of my previous post.
I started this thread in hopes of finding people like me, and WOW I did.  I am sorry for the women who are suffering with this, but I am also comforted that I am not alone.  As far as the question of herpes.... Yes the symptoms are like classic herpes (except flu like symptoms. I never have those), but I have been tested for herpes 4 times: one blood test and 3 culture tests from the actual vaginal lesions.  I did find one doctor years ago that believed it was caused by friction.  My
husband and I started using a lubricant and things did get much better (I recommend Astroglide. It has worked well for me).   I have had this condition for over ten years now and the occurrence has lessened greatly, but that could be for the fact that my sexual activity has lessen greatly also (having kids, growing old).  
I don
I'm glad you mentioned that you think this could be a "different" strain of herpes. I've also thought that - hence the reason why dr's etc seem clueless to what is causing these "paper type cuts". I think the worse thing about having this is the not knowing 100% what it is...and it looks like that will stay the case at this moment in time. I thought maybe after a while that these cuts would become less frequent - but after reading your post i'm thinking that more than likely that wont be the case. Do you know what I find the most worrying thing about all this? ... That if this in fact herpes ( which i'm still thinking it is)there are so many people out there that are being told that it's not - and they're still sleeping with other people. I hope one day we all get the answers we are looking for....

Oh and btw - I also do not believe for one second that this is a vaginal infection.

Take care.
Just thought i'd post this info I found about herpes - not many sites that have information on herpes mention the "paper cut".

"The appearance of herpes lesions and the experience of outbreaks in these areas varies tremendously among individuals. Herpes lesions on/near the genitals may look like cold sores. An outbreak may look like a paper cut, or chafing, or appear to be a yeast infection. Symptoms of a genital outbreak may include aches and pains in the area, discharge from the penis or vagina, and discomfort when urinating.

Initial outbreaks are usually more severe than subsequent ones, and generally also involve flu-like symptoms and swollen glands for a week or so. Subsequent outbreaks tend to be periodic or episodic, typically occur four to five times a year, and can be triggered by stress, illness, fatigue, menstruation, and other
changes. The virus sequesters in the nerve ganglia that serve the infected dermatome during non-eruptive periods, where it cannot be conventionally eliminated by the body's immune system."

Also, I was wondering if any of you girls suffer with backache or a tingling sensation in your legs every now and then????
I'm so relieve to find this sight.  I too have this and my ob/gyn didn't have any information. However, my friend had a similar experience and her ob/gyn said it was a fungal infection.  She and I had both been on antibiotics for roseacea for a long period of time.  Anyways, she used an anti-fungal cream and it went away.  I had a yeast infection and used a cream for that.  It did not do the trick.  So, I am going to try the antifungal cream next. FYI...she is sexually inactive and I am married in a monogomous relationship for 8 years.  Maype this will help.
Alot to read here, and it's a lot of medical terms but maybe it will help someone.  Here's the link http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic3340.htm
"Just Me" thanks for your thoughts also. I remember when my fiance and I first started dating, well several months in. He called me really upset and said something was on his penis. We met up at my place and I had a look over. I wish I had been better educated at the time. I told him it couldn't be herpes. It didn't look like that could be it. Seriously, he had like a pink dot on his shaft. So I didn't think it was anything and 2 weeks later I'm getting this little cut that won't heal. Ta-da! My x had thought the same thing, only his looked much worse, then I discovered he was using my "hand & nail" lotion to pleasure himself. It was one of those lotions with alph-hydroxy. So we are told that herpes are these oozing painful sores! And they're not. I believe the statistics are 1 in 3 people have herpes and half of them don't know it.
Stress will definintely bring on an outbreak.  My fiance takes a pill everyday and I don't take anything until I have an outbreak. And that's maybe once a year. And mine have never been the "textbook" outbreak. I get real tired, more than usual. And a few outbreaks have been pretty uncomfortable. But nothing like some of my friends have said theirs have been. So I don't know.  Oh and the way I found out was when I was at the gyno and said this cut wouldn't heal. She didn't even notice it.  But she stuck a q-tip in the but, OUCH! And it came back positive.  But that spot is where I will tear during intercourse, even with a ton of lube. Sometimes it splits in 3 places, and sometimes it does it with a bowel movement.
The premarin seems to toughen the skin, but you have to use it every night, and refrain from sex for a month.  If you quit using it or forget, it will thin out again.  So that's the only solution that's been given to me.  I'm thinking I should become the crazy lady with all the animals.
Hi. I don't know if anyone will read this because the most recent comment is in 2005, but I just found this sight, and am SOOOO happy that I did. I have been married for almost 10 years, and my husband and I were virgins when we got married. All of the sudden in the last 2 months, I have developed the same symptoms that everyone else is complaining about: the paper cuts, the painful urination, the burning and itching, etc. My doctor immediately said he thought for sure it was herpes. But, I don't understand why it would happen now. My only thought was that I had a stillborn baby 2 months ago, and ever since I have had all of these symptoms. Very strange. If anyone finds anything out, PLEASE HELP! I am in so much pain! Thanks for this sight!! It helps me know that I am not alone.
Wow, I just did a search after suffering similar symptoms for about 3 years. After several negative herpes tests, I have also been told that my lesions are caused by yeast, just that my body reacts differently than most.    Sounds like a lot of us have the same thing going on, and I'm not that different after all!!  Thank you everyone for sharing your expereriences, and letting me know that I'm not the only one!!
I just found this website that was very informative about similar symptoms that we have been experiencing. Check this out:
Hi everyone, Im only 17 and i have been going through this same thing since before i even started to have sex, so to all of you that think that it could be coming after you have sex...i dont think that could be the problem... However i did start to get them maybe 6 months after i had my first period, so maybe it could be something to do with our cycle.
called 2fl, sorry but I didn't see a posted website...I also agree that this has been a great site to compare...I wonder if anyone who posted back in 05 could come back and repost updates!!

Everyone, hi there, I'm really curious because Im about to go to the store tomorrow for the exact same paper-cut, severe burning, itching, just as I was starting my period.  My sexual activity has been more sporadic over the past couple of years, with various partners, and mostly safe-sex (I know it's terrible to have to use the word mostly, there).

At any rate, I need to add a couple questions about possible similarities amongst these women and myself...

For something that's not similar, I don't think skin color has too much to do with it, since I'm a caucasian woman of Spanish descent (tan easily, rarely burn), age 24 (so this seems to be hitting a range of ages, too).

I had an ovarian cyst, too, at a young age of 19.  I had it removed and was not told of any future concerns.  I`ve noticed many other women listed cysts.  

Also, I'm curious how many women have been *successful* mothers when it comes to conceiving.  I have never conceived to my knowledge, but it is surprising provided circumstances in previous relationships (a lot of unprotected sex in long term relationships).

My two last sexual times (twice over the past month..those were the first times in over three or four months and a clean bill of health from the obgyn checkup) were quite painful, so that I had to stop.  After the second time (with a condom), we noticed bleeding, too.  I thought that maybe I had been cut by a fingernail.  

I have noticed that rubbing/mild self-stimulation not on the sore area, but slightly above near clitoris, quickly eases the pain for a bit (enough not to leave the bathroom with a terribly pained look on my face).

That's the thing, though.  This is a severe amount of pain, while the itching feels similar to mild yeast infections I've had from antibiotics.

I've been traveling in Asia for the past month, though, so I wonder how much of this could be related to change in diet, different variety of condoms, difference in water or diet, different types of yogurt even, etc.

I'm still using tampons, but it is quite painful.  I think it's easier to keep the area cleaner.

I'm really curious if anyone has had any medicine they swear by, especially over the counter, as my insurance is quite terrible (over $350 for my last obgyn check up, which was supposed to be my *complimentary check up....I'll take those complaints to a different message board, though =).....nevertheless, OTC or better yet, natural product recommendations are appreciated.

All for now...thanks!
A few more things since I've started to read a couple of other threads...

I have used Alesse bc before, but recently began to use a foreign brand.

I have never had remarkably sensitive skin before.

I have begun to use proactiv skin products (which I throw out there just because its among my recent changes at all close to the same time as this)

I have also had a difficult time lubricating (naturally) for sex.

Also, please mention if you do have the itching or not.  (I do.)  

I think maybe the sores/blisters are in a different category than the cuts.

Thanks, ladies!  I really appreciate the support available here....it is definitely an area and time when you don't want to feel as though you're the only one out there!!
klh
I literally have been laying in bed crying today because of this same issue.  I believe it was divine intervention that I found this site.  I am so relieved to know that I am not the only woman experiencing this very thing.  

About 7 years ago I was diagnosed with HPV.  I was in a long term relationship being sexually active.  One day I noticed "sores" on my partner's penis.  I immediately became scared and made an appointment to see my doctor.  My tests concluded that I was infected with HPV.  How devastating!  

Well, a lot has changed in my life since that day I received the news of the STD.  I have ended the relationship with that man (finding that he had been unfaithful to me on many many occasions), have changed my eating habits, quit smoking, and began exercsising regularly, all of which I was instructed to do by my doctor.  I have also dedicated my life to Christ and have married a wonderful, handsome Christian man.  Needless to say, I am not the same woman I was 7 years ago when I was being sexually permissive.  

With that said, in the beginning of my dating relationship with my husband I was brought to the point where I had to share with him that I was infected with an STD.  I knew our relationship was progressing toward marriage and I had to share the horrifying news with him because I knew that once we were married we would begin having sex, unprotected sex.  I had to be honest with him and it was one of the most difficult, embarassing days of my life.  I wasn't sure he could understand the life I had lived before him.  Well to my surprise, he didn't walk away from me that day, but rather decided that would be the day he would tell me he loved me.  How exciting!  But, it still didn't change the fact that I was infected, he was not, and on our wedding night.....he would be.  I was lost.  I had no idea what to do. I loved him and did not him to suffer for the mistakes I had made before him.  So, I did the only thing I knew to do.  I began praying. I had other women begin praying with me for healing.  We prayed for over a year and before we were married I had my annual appointment and received the shocking news that all my tests were negative.  It was a divine miracle!  

Well, to this day all of my tests continue to come back negative, but I still suffer from the "paper cut" symptoms.  I was so relieved to hear you all describe it like "paper cuts" because that is the very thing I have always compared it to.  To be quite honest, I don't ever remember having them before my husband and I were married.  I am so thankful I am not alone in this.  It is such a painful and embarassing mystery.  It is the worst itching/burning sensation I have ever encountered.  I am sorry that you all experience this as well, but am thankful I am not going crazy and thankful that you all shared your story.  I keep telling my husband that we can't have sex when I get them because I know it is resulting from the STD.  He always assures me of the negative results.  

So today I decided to do some research, once again, and stumbled upon this site!  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I am NOT alone!  In fact, I am headed back to the doctor once again this week, but am certain the results will be negative.  You all will be in my prayers as we all struggle through this great mystery together!  

With Christ's Love
hey ladies, before going into my gyno i decided to do some research (you know, to prepare myself for any bad news). I am 22 years of age. I have been with my boyfriend for 21/2 years now, but were on a 4 month break before. A month after our break I went to get a pap and i had a yeast infection as well as Chlamydia!! (yeah i know my boyfriend had some explaining to do). Anyway we were both treated. A month later i went in to get lab work for STDs and came back negative. Since then (1 1/2 ago) we have been monogamous partners. Well just last week i came across some itching, little discharge, and pain when peeing. I thought it was another yeast infection since the itching and little discharge is usually normal a week before my period. Only this time my boyfriend also had the symptoms. He experienced lesions, itching, discharge, and even swelling. I also found lesions on both my libias and they hurt soooooo bad, they have made me cry while in the shower. They first looked like sores but then i guess they popped.They are reddish looking and AGAIN painful. I bought yeast infection cream thinking the "cuts" were going to clear up, but I was wrong. I've never had these cuts before and Im freaking out especially when there's a chance it might be herpes! I will be going to the gyno and will keep you ladies updated.  
Hmm... I posted something similar earlier today about "paper cuts" on the labia, mine right above my clitoral hood and once on the right side between the majora and minora as someone else described. How strange that so many women are complaining about this and yet no resolution has been suggested here. I know it's not an issue of sensitive skin or dryness; at least, I am perfectly comfortable with no problems every month up until around the time of ovulation, so maybe it's hormones as someone suggested. The strange thing I have is a dark brown discharge - no one else has mentioned that. I have not been sexually active for a while and I never noticed my symptoms to coincide with sex. I have been tested negative for herpes several times, so I find it very difficult to imagine that what I and everyone else have is herpes. But dammit, if so many people seem to have this then why isn't there a diagnosis! Soker I hope that you let your GYN know that other women are describing similar symptoms and in turn let us know what you find out.
it's amazing to me that there seem to be no professional answers in the medical industry for this strange problem that many women seem to have.  I am 20 years old and just noticed these paper-cut lesions on my labia.  I had 2 small ones yesterday, but this morning when I checked there was another one!  I have had hormonal issues ever since going through puberty, and my body is still abnormal in that respect: when I was 16 years old I had matured physically (breasts, hips, etc.) but still had not started menstruating--odd considering my mom started her period when she was 9 years old.  When I became sexually active (at 16) I went to the doctor to see what was going on and why I didn't have my period and they immediately put me on birth control pills, which made me miserable, moody and bloated almost  constantly, but did make me finally get my period.  Anyway, about a year after I started taking the pills I developed an ovarian cyst the size of a grapefruit, and had to have very painful surgery (cut through my abdomen like a c-section) to remove it during my first year of college.  I began to learn about natural medicine around this time and finally got of the birth control pills and was taking an herbal extract on a daily basis to deal with hormonal imbalances, particularly the ratio between estrogen and progesterone.  It's called vitex elixir for women: http://www.gaiaherbs.com/product.php?id=268 .  If you have pms it is very helpful, and would most likely be beneficial for these paper cut issues.  I recently developed several lesions, and although mine are not painful, they do seem to go away when I am using the elixir on a daily basis (it takes about 3 weeks of consistent use for me to notice the effects).  I would recommend this for women who are NOT on the pill--you wouldn't want to mix those two things together.  Any whole foods or natural foods/health store should carry the product... it has definitely helped me out a lot with the mysterious ways of my body, and I REALLY hope that someone starts doing some research on whatever is affecting all of us women.  Though we live in a partriarchal capitalist society there is no reason for health issues affecting women to go ignored like this.  I don't have much faith in modern medicine to begin with, and tend to go the natural route whenever possible (I am a certified herbalist and have educated myself thoroughly so that I can avoid putting my trust in doctors) but this is something that I obviously am not educated/experienced enough to diagnose or know how to treat, so I really hope the doctors and gynecologists out there wake up to the fact that there is a great deal of knowledge and understanding of the female body that is missing from modern science and medicine.  I am going to schedule a gyn appointment for this week, and I would encourage all the women out there who are suffering from this problem to do the same, even if you have gone previously, and bring up this website and the fact that there seem to be A LOT of women suffering from this problem & we would benefit greatly from some developments in the medical community.
Sorry for such a long post--I hope you are all doing well & that your health improves.
--j
Ladies, my test came back positive for herpes type 2! I am so devasted, but I am not as depressed thanks to my friends. My ex-boyfriend gave me a disease that will stay with me for the rest of my life. All I can say is that the mother @!#$%^ didn't take my dignity away. The one issue i face in the future is having to tell my next partner (because i still plan to get married and have kids) about my situation. I mean what is he going to think of me. Oh well I guess i will have to deal with that when my time comes. For now, I have to focus on taking care of myself. All I can say to those ladies out there who were infected by a monogamous parnter is to keep your little faces up, everything will be fine, and I know there is a great guy out there who will accept us despite our circoumstances. For those whose tests came out negative, i totally forgot to ask about you. I am sorry, I just had so many things going through my head.
NFJ
I have the same symptoms and just want to suggest a little remedy for the pain. Put some plain yogurt (with Yogurt Cultures in it) on a tampon and put it in your vagina. This absolutely soothes the pain and discomfort. It's a great natural remedy for yeast infections and also seems to work with these sores.
I was exposed to gentle warts and didn't know. Its been two months since I have had sex with that person and we did use a condom, but after sex we just played around and his penis was just rubbing around my vaginal area. about 3 days ago i found out he has gentle warts, so i took a look to see if i had any unusuel bumps or swelling. only thing i seen was a little puffyness around my vaginal opening and it's kind of pinkish white but more pink. They dont itch or burn unless I touch them. I have had some urinating problems. I keep having the sensation that I have to pee, but there is nothing there. It;s very frustrating. It only happens once a month, and it started right after i had sex with him. I dont know if this is gentle warts and i need some advice.
Hi there!  This is to all the women that are talking about symptoms of paper cut like sores.  I have been getting them on and off for almost three years now.  I have been tested for Herpes quite a few times (blood tests and swab tests) and they all come back negative.  My ex actually has Herpes, but my doctor said that the sores/cuts look more like fissures that are not healing. He told me not to wear thongs, which I always wear and not to wear any underwear when I go to bed so the air can get to them and dry them out. He also said that the Pill/hormones can cause the skin to become thinner, which causes cuts/fissures.  Anyway, now the doc thinks I need a biopsy, because he said that since they are not healing, he wants to make sure that we're not missing anything else.  Well, I'll let you know what happens.  By the way, I am on the pill non-cyclical, which means I don't get my period as I have endometriosis and this way my condition stays calm.  So, I don't think getting your period has anything to do with it, since I don't get them, but the pill might. Also, if it ever does turn out that I do have Herpes, I will sue my ex-boyfriend.  
I have been diagnosed with herpes type 1 (the cold sore type) on my genitals for approx 2 years. symptoms were very slight, just a prickly, open skin feeling which is similar to that which id get from having waxing of the labia. sexual intercourse since diagnosis was pain free and incident free and most of the time i wld forget i was even diagnosed with herpes. I have since met a new partner and have had problems since. Knowing i had herpes i did the right thing and told him straight away and he was very understanding and didnt make an issue of the matter. He also has type 1 herpes on his mouth. We had been using condoms for awhile until things got serious and for convenience sake decided i would go on the pill and stop using condoms. Since then i have been experiencing terrible pain during sex and have come up with three large sores, two on each upper corner of the vaginal entrance and one on the lower entrance to my vagina. Thinking they must be herpes i started taking valtrex as an eposodic treatment. I went to my gp also for a test just to make sure and the swab came back negative. Ever since then they have taken a long time to heal and after a couple of weeks of no sex, i think they have healed, they keep splitting open each time we have intercourse. to make matters worse my partner has quite a thick penis which doesnt help the pressure on these three areas. im now going to try and go for a month without sex and see if it will be the answer as i have read on this page a tear can take 21 days to heal, and a month is a good length of time to try. Im just hoping once they do heal properly, they wont re open once we have sex again. it is such a painful experience and makes sex alot less enjoyable. my partner has never come up with any symptoms on his penis either, even when we have had intercourse when my sores were present. The herpes swab test that came back negative has just made matters confusing as im not 100 per cent sure what im dealing with, but i do understand there is a high chance of a false negative if the swab wasnt taken properly by the doc.
Glad there is somewhere i can vent my woes. does this happen to anyone else?
I am so happy to know that I am not alone and I'm not crazy. I too suffer from this and my doctor has ran test and blood work and nothing. I have been married for almost 18 years and this started about a year ago and it hasn't gotten any better. I don't know what caused it or how to stop it but it's nice to know that I am not alone. Also, I don't think it's only common in fair skin females since I am a tan person of Latin decent. If anyone ever comes accross a cure please post it.
I am so glad to hear that other people have been going through this.  Fortunately for me, I have only had 2 instances in the last 13 months.  For me, both have occurred right after my period and usually when it's really hot out.  I have also noticed that they usually happen when I have been working out quite a bit and have been sweating a lot.  I haven't been to my doctor though because I am in the military and don't have one specific doctor that I can see.  Also, I have been afreaid to visit one in case something really bad comes back.  My husband and I have been monogomous for nearly 4 years and if it's something worse, I don't want to have to confront him.
Hi all,  It is rather interesting and sad to hear so many women complaing about symptoms that has no diagnosis.  My situation is a bit different however.  Every other month, at least a week and a half before my period and sometimes after I keep getting these blisters around the vagina lips which itches and is a bit sore (only if i scratch it or after i had a shower)  My ob/gyn keeps telling me that it's a yeast infection and i usually just get over the counter drugs to treat it or he would prescripe an oral dose when it happens during mensuration.  I also notice that i get it when i use pads.  I'm not sure why.  It's a bit of a nuisance and i sometimes get worried when it happens every month.  I took an HIV test as well as diabetes since those are one of the reasons for recurrent yeast  but they came back negative.  I also took a test for Herpes last year after i had a blister by my mouth but that too back back negative.  I have tried stopping the pill since this may be a contributing factor, but when i do i keep getting ovarian cyst. i am prone to getting them and have been taking yasmin to help the growth since i had to have surgery to remove one.  I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing those episodes of the blisters and yeast but I do worry about it.  I hope someone can help.
Hello everyone,

I have been searching for a solution to this problem for months now. For the past year I have been having recurrent severe yeast infections, or as my gyno says a higher level of  "natural" yeast at all times it seems! So that has been going on for about a year and prob about I don't know, 6 months ago? I started having a lot of soreness with sex. Same monogamous partner, over a year. Both tested for STDs, both negative. In the past few months every time I wipe after going to the bathroom (especially after sex) I have spotting of blood. I localized the blood to be coming from the lower opening of my vagina. Shortly after that I started having the paper cut-esque symptoms which have only added to the pain in sex. The irritation/pain/cuts (maybe) radiate up into my butt (NOT anus, just the crack) especially directly after sex (vaginal sex). This is frustrating, but glad I am not alone!

So here is info about me...

Diagnosed about 9 months ago as being allergic to scents/fragrances, so I use fragrance free soap, tampons/pads, fragrance and glycerin free lubrication (brand is Pink, its the ONLY one which hasn't irritated me)

Monogamous relationship for past year +, both tested for STDs, both negative.

On Apri birth control.

Do not use condoms.

I started trying to think WHY this is happening, when this has not happened in past relationships. There is not really a large size discrepancy between past boyfriends and current one, but I did realize that now 1) we don't use condoms (did with previous partners) and 2) now I shave/wax completely.

My sister also has suffered from this and she also shaved all hair completely, and her gyno said to stop shaving. So here are my questions for you...

Do any of you shave all hair (maybe somehow weakens the skin???)

And how many of you do NOT use condoms? (maybe its from the semen??)

Side note: Went to the store today and spent a ton of money on lots of stuff that I saw recommendations from this board! Including Aveeno body wash (fragrance free), Aveeno oatmeal bath (fragrance free) and tried both today, seemed to sooth! And I also both AVO yeast and garlic pills, I will see how that works! Also, I am about to start my period, but have cuts all the time, but the yeast problems to increase prior to period.

Hope to hear back about whether or not you all use condoms or shave!

Thanks!!!!!!!!
wow! And i thought i was alone too, like what is wrong with me, i get itchy and burns like heck when i pee, i took a mirror today and looked and was surprised by all the cuts and sores... i have been in a relationship for 10 years plus so i know this is not an std.. ive been checked for just about everything having 3 kids in the past 9 years and i found that if i keep it clean, dry and put a and d ointment on it it offers some relief, i have cried so much from the pain. someone needs to do more research and find the cause of this since so many women are experiencing this.. take care everyone and ill be praying for your healing.. ang
Amen to more research!  If this were happening to a man's penis there would be money flying everywhere!
I work in a nursing home and the residents get blisters and itching from incontinence pads. I also get a terrible allergy when I wear night pads during my period, obviously a reaction to sanitary napkins. This could also occur with daily panty liners. Just something to put to the test or think about. :)
Hi everyone, wow! So many of us have this problem and yet NONE of our gyns have any CLUE as to what is wrong with us! I am beyond frustrated with my vaginal cut problem. Here's a look at me:

29 years old, Married, same partner for 9 years, we almost always use condoms and I've been on Mircette BCP for about 6 years (we just really don't want kids any time soon!) I've had chronic, recurring yeast infections for over 10 years, and went on an anti-yeast diet for 1 solid year, which did clear up infections drastically, but still not completely.

I have one tear at the bottom of my labia minor (6 o'clock) that hasn't gone away for 1 year straight. It makes sex very painful, if not impossible, and it always splits open and bleeds afterwards. At my last gyn appointment she took a biopsy (read VERY PAINFUL) of the area yet all the lab results came back normal (no herpes, stds, or cancer). So now I still have  my original cut that won't heal and the cut from the biopsy area that won't heal either! I am miserable and disgusted that there is no cure for this!

I've tried Desitin (diaper rash ointment) which is a little calming but really messy and Vaseline.  I was prescribed an anti-fungal/steroid cream which did nothing, and now she just gave me an estrogen cream since she saw that my entire labia minora (the inner lips) have practically fused themselves to my out lips and resemble that of a menopausal woman!  **** I am only 29!!!!! ****

All this combined has led me to believe that I must try stopping the BCP to see if I return to normal. I don't want to try and add more hormones by taking the estrogen cream before I try and stop the pill. I want to finish out this pack (just 1 1/2 more weeks) so that I don't have to stop in the middle and I'll let you all know what I find out. We have to find a solution to this. It feels like razors slicing me when I sit sometimes and peeing burns like hell. I wish you all good luck and comfort knowing you're not going crazy.
hello ladies, I'm sorry to hear that its so many ladies living so painful. But I am also living the same way. I went to the doctor 2//07 and got a letter in 8/16/O7 that I have an abnormal pap smear. I went to the doctor 8/17 to take another pap, Im so worried. But I also have the same problem discharge,itching, and burning also discomfort during sex. I check my self and saw a blister lesion, I told the doctor about it she gave me antibotic cream call clindamycin phosphate. It does not work I am still discharging and itching. I call the doctor back to let her know its not working, so she dont want to give me any thing els until my results of my pap come back. I will keep you ladies update.

KEEP GOD FIRST LADIES, WE HAVE TO PRAY FOR ONE ANOTHER GOD MADE US HE CAN HEAL US.
Well i waited a month without sex, and guess what, it split open again...Im so frustrated and sore. reading "AtMyWittsEnd's" posting she has the same thing as me, a tear on the inner labia at 6'oclock that hasnt healed for a year! is this my fate aswell?? I have the added bonus of tears at both 10 and 2 o'clock. surely the skin will eventually toughen up right? or should i be trying to make the skin more supple by applying oils like vitamin E or something? I will go back 2 the docs n they can hav look again. Im scared ill never b able to have a normal sex life. i know childbirth can split open that fragile area, what happens to the women who experience that kind of severe tearing? im sure they heal fine and continue to have a normal sex life... Im guessing my herpes? has left some kind of fault line that will always be extremely fragile. i just wish there was something i could do. maybe no sex for six months????????
I'm 23 years old, mother of two, and have been in a faithful marriage for 3 years. I've had STD test since I've had two children so I'm in the clear as far as that goes. Last month around the time I was on my period I had a spot that was at first itchy, then it became a painful area..which really hurt during urination. It was just one spot..it looked red from irritation and felt swollen on the outer part of my vagina towards the back. It went away in a week. Then this month while I was on my period I started feeling like it was coming back..and it did..but not as painful as the first one was. Its in the exact same spot..looks just the same. Just a small irritated raised area that feels swollen. I dont know if its irritation from the tampon string...thats when I noticed it this time..but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same and if they knew what was going on?
Hi Ladies:

Before I go on, I have one question: Does any exercise vigorously while experiencing the cuts? I am a distance runner and I'm beginning to wonder if long runs are inhibiting my healing process.

I was recently diagnosed with Behcet's syndrome because I presented with these vaginal lesions and also canker sores in my mouth (not cold sores). I tested negative for Herpes and all other STDs.

Behcet's is a very rare disease that involves inflammation of tissues (which makes it a rheumatological disease), but I think it might offer a clue to all of us, which is that our vulvar tissue is becoming inflamed and tearing easily.

I have been getting these tears for months. My doctor said they are canker sores, just like the mouth ones. And yes, they do look just like paper cuts. But then they get worse.

Right now I must have 20 cuts, including on my labia minor and majora, clitoral hood, and around my anal and vaginal openings.

I am sexually active, but my partner has never had any STDs or STD-like symptoms. I have always noticed a little tear at the vaginal opening after we have rougher sex than usual. At this point, one of the tears hasn't healed in three months.

Even if docs can't figure out what's wrong with us (telling me I have Behcet's doesn't really get me very far), it'd be nice if there were *some* treatment. I never know what to do? I've heard to let them dry out to avoid infection but also that drying out allows them to crack and be exposed to more infection. I've heard cotton underwear, pads, vaseline, hydrocortisone. I was given a steroid cream, but it didn't really help. Neosporin awhile back just caused a yeast infection.

These cuts make me depressed. I tell my partner to imagine having cuts on his penis like I have on my vulva, but I'm not sure he gets it. These sores  painful and the healing is always elusive.

When I read these posts I'm proud of all the women who go on with their lives every day, despite having these problems with a diagnosis, let alone a treatment.

My vaginal area is wet most of the time for strange reason. I have discharge often. I do notice the cuts and they are painful. Do you all think it could be from using a razor down there also? I notice this one after my period and sexual intercourse.
I dont really have the pains. Only if I touch the area or urine.
So has anyone found a cure for these " paperuts". They are such a pain, and it sucks cause unless you have them no one really know how you feel. Especially not your significant other. I have been dealing with these for a couple years now and I am getting so "tired" for lack of better word of them. I really would like it if someone could let me know what is best for these.
As for the earlier entry about using neosporin(sp), my doctor actually said to try that so I don't believe it is bad for you unless you put it directly into the vagina.
Thanks everyone for letting us know we are not the only ones with this problem.
Hi All~

OH MAN~ the only thing I can say is these paper cuts SUCK BIG TIME!!  

Ok, here is my low-down.  About a  month ago I was extremely sick, strep throat.  about 4 days later, I thought I was getting a yeast infection.  then, you are all going to think i am insane,  a week later i had a spot of poison ivy on my leg.......well if this was a yeast infection, it was the absolute mother load of them all.  OH MY GOSH.  ok, but then, i noticed some very slight scabbing outer area at the top where your "lips" begin.  there was a slight, ooze...but...i was out in the heat ALOT and had been scratching like a mad woman.  so.....this could be from that.  my partner, has never had STD neither have i.  i have  children & tested clean everytime.  also, just had my pap about 6mths ago....CLEAN!  had same partner for well over 2 years.  we split for a bit & as crazy as this sounds...he was with his wx-wife, who is also clean.  know this for a fact, dont ask, lol.
so...he was fine, but, on one occasion did itch some.  but only immediately after intercourse.  he thinks it was from irritation due to shaving.  could be, but,  i do have 2 paper cut tears on each side of my vajayjay between my leg & vagina wall at the bottom.  and now, one in my crack!!!  i cant believe i am sharing, lol.  they hurt when we have sex.  then if we wait, will get better then BAM< OUCH again.  i will share that at its worse DESITIN for babies was THE BOMB.  it was the only thing that helped, gross, but helped.  also, i am a thong queen, but, i think these worsen the prob?  please share any thoughts......
Ifound this website. Lots of info.  May answer some questions we have. Must read. The site is www.vulvodynia.com

The term vulvodynia is usually used to describe burning or
stabbing pain that is felt more diffusely throughout the vulva. Many women
have both vulvodynia and vulvar vestibulitis. In both cases, the skin
usually feels extremely dry, and tears easily, leaving tiny and painful
"fissures." Both cases may also involve "referred pain", in which the pain
feels as though it travels from the vulva to the lower body.

Although it isn't mentioned in the literature, there seems to be
another category of women who are somewhere in between having vulvar
vestibulitis and vulvodynia -- they don't have generalized vulvar pain,
but have pain (and bumps or sores) not only around the vestibule but also
around the opening to the urethra, which causes burning after urination.
Others may also experience rectal pain or itching.
Hi everyone. I'm so glad I found this website and its comforting to know that I'm not alone. Maybe since this is such a reoccuring problem there will be a solution soon. I've read all the comments and in most of the posts I can relate to. I have these vaginal tears and I've had them for about two years. I have been tested numerous of times for STDs,I've had cultures and blood tests, and they all came back negative. I have also tried Vaseline, Destin, Neosporian, and A&D. My doctor has also perscribed me Clobetasol. Most of the time I can't use soap on my vaginal area because it irritates it so much. I do have sensitive skin and I do shave, so I don't know if those are factors. I do find that I get irritated the most right before or during my period. At first I thought it was the pads that was causing me to become irritated, but then the problem persisted. I told my doctor she thought it could be the hair growing back or that I cut myself from scrathing. She also said it could be herpes, but the blood tests and cultures from the site came back negative. So then my doctor said its probably the way my body reacts to the hormonal changes or it could be yeast. I just pray that someone comes up with a cure for this soon.
It's amazing that all of us woman have the same symptons and doctors don't know what we have. I was married for 10 years, now divorced. He says he didn't cheat but I don't know for sure. After my 2nd child in 2001, I had my 1st abnormal pap. Test showed possible mild dysplasia, don't remember what category. At the time the doctor said it should go away. Well another year or so and had another abnormal pap. The doctor decided to do a colposcopy and performed a biopsy. The said the test came back HPV, pre cervical cancer cells. The wanted to do a procedure called a LEEP, but it's thins the cervix and could cause possible miscarriages and I wanted more kids so the doctor performed a Cryofreezing procedure instead. It's freezing of the adnormal cells. My (ex)husband just kept saying that I cheated on him and that I had warts. That hurt more than anything for him to acuse me, but the doctor said that I had most likely gotten it from him. Men don't show symptons and can't be tested for them. But what I had wasn't the actual warts, I have the abnormal pre-cancer cells, but that answer wasn't good enough for him, but anyways. I am suppose to have follow-up colposcopy's every 4-6 months and biopsy when they need to. I haven't had one in a while because I lost my insurance and just recently got ins again, but for a while now it's about every week that I've been having these cuts, lessions, fissures, or blisters I'm not sure. I went to the doctor about 3 wks ago and was put on 2 anitbiotics in which the doctor said it would cover yeast and std's, but he said the test were negative off the urine sample. He didn't physically examine me. I've been off the meds he gave me about a week now and I've got the cuts and itching again. I have discharge, sometimes has color and sometimes not, sometimes has odor and sometimes not. I have to wear pantyliners because I'm constantly feeling wet, but that makes it more irritated. It's so sad that we are all suffering from the same symptons and no diagnosis or treatment is available with all the technology that goes on. Anybody in the past postings have any updates, I'm sure we would all love to hear about it.
I forgot to say that I don't know if's my symptons are from not having my checkup and my HPV is spreading to the outside of vaginal lips where I get the lessions or if it's something else. I have been with one person since my divorce and don't think they have been with anyone else but me and to my wanting to be intimate with him because it had been almost 4 years since being with anyone since my ex, we had no protection. But he hasn't said anything about having any problems. So I don't think sex has anything to do with my symptons because I've had them even during the years of not having sex.
i went to the doctor for the very same problem, got tested for everything and all my test came back negative. my doctor suggested that i take a bath in epsom salt and put a thin layer of hydrocortisone creme down there. It worked! i dont know how helpful that will be to anybody. From what it seems, all of us have the same problem but different things work for each of us. my suggestion is to take all the advice u can get because this site is very helphuf! im glad im not alone. however when i get the "tears" its usually not around my period and i only get like one or two at the opening of my vagina.... Ill try the destin cuz the epsom salt trick didnt work this time, but maybe it will work for someone else. Take care!
I was trying to find some info on the internet about what i am going thru right now, and i found this site...wow..i have some of these same symptoms.
A few years ago i got an itchy/painful rash . it was in the creases of my legs, and on my lower labia area (little itchy bumps), and in some places on my upper leg. I went to my gyno and my family dr and they BOTH told me it was cellulitis, and i was treated me for that. And they told me cuz i scratched, i made myself infected with cellulitis so to speak..they treated me for that, and it went away for a brief time. But the rash kept re appearing, and mostly at the time of my period...and since i am sensitive to lots of things, both DRs suggested i was having an allergic reaction to soap, or the pads i was using for my period. (The area affected most was where the pads touch me) so  i switched soap, clothes detergent, pads...etc...nothing worked, and the rash kept coming back...very itchy, painful, and in some places it was scaly looking. A few months ago, i noticed a small legion on my outer left labia...it was VERY painful and slightly itchy, and it wouldnt heal. So i went back to my gyno...and he ruled out any STD's after testing, and ended up prescribing an ointment for me...( which didnt work...by the way) and in the last few months that spot grew  bigger than a quarter, and became VERY painful and red, and in some places the legion was white. And finally my gyno decided to do surgery and remove that part of my labia last week. he believes the legion was malignant, but we wont know for sure till the results come back this friday. Also, it seems after he removed that spot on my labia, other smaller spots "down there" have popped up in the last few days, and that itchy rash too...i dont know whats going on...but it sure has me worried. Has anyone else experienced this same thing? yikes.
I am 30 and this last year I had my first blister, it popped then I was fine.  Then recently I had sex without plenty of lub.  It first felt like it was raw and itchy, now it is painful and on (near) clitoris. So this second one caused extreme alarm.  But was most have you all have described is me.  This on I can NOT pop way to sensitive.  I keep putting triple antibotic and diaper rash cream on.  But this REALLY scared me.  I can tan easily and have darker skin but my vaginal area is EXTREMLY senistive.  I can tell way before DR. with UTI. And razor burn is uncontrolable there. Help, thoughts. Thanks
I have been very careful with my partner but got worried it was from him. "long distance relationship".  Is there and advice on relief and should I refrane from sex until it is gone.  I donot want to tell him he may think its him or me or over react.
Hi, I also have these paper cut type lesions. They usually occur around my period (towards the middle or end of it) and seem to last a week or two. They itch, sting, and burn. I have no vaginal discharge and the lesions are not sore-like, just little cuts or tears. But I also have something that I have not seen anybody else describe. Since I have been experiencing these "cuts",  I have some discoloration in the vaginal area. Certain areas of my vagina have turned a lighter, whitish color. These are not sores, they are just discolored. The discoloration seems to be permanent. Has anyone else noticed any vaginal discoloration as well?
People on a couple of other sites where I have posted my problem have said that it sounds like herpes, but I have never had sex, so I don't see how this could be an STD at all. The only thing that I have found that seems to describe my symptoms perfectly is called Lichen Sclerosus.
Hey ladies, I also have these exact same symptons, and they usually happen right at the end of my period, it starts with a little itching, then a burning, then there is just lots of pain(little bumps, just a few, and sores*u can't really see the sores, just feel them, and a puffy ness and swelling of the vagina , just where the sore area is), this has been happening fo about the last year, every since i had a traumatic brain injury, and had to have surgery, I also found that I hade a cyst on my ovaries, so this is a very intresting site, I have been with the same man faithfully for 3 1/2 yrs. and we have both been checked for everything, and have came back negative on everything, but reading all of your ideas and and suggestions, and having about the worst case, ive ever had today, where moving at all rubbed against it and made me jump like 10 ft, every step, sit, reach, ect. I decided to look around and see what I had inside the house, well I have been using triple antibotic stuff(just like neosporn) for a few days, and noticed that just made it worse and the bumps,weren't there and I wasn't as sore until I started using it, so I veto that thought, then I read about aloe, and didn't have a plant here, so I decided to try the aloe in a bottle, and that worked for about 2 seconds, so I thought i would try the baaking soda idea, but didn't have any, so I used a hot washcloth, to help calm the irritation, then i found cornstarch(only thing I had) and patted that all around, and for the last 15 min I can move, it still hurts a little, but seems to have helped a lot, I literally couldn't even walk earlier it hurt so bad, so maybe it has to do with the cornstarch drying it, and coating it, not sure, but def. worth a try. have a good night. sorry didn't mean to babble, and I wasn't going to post anything tonight, I actually turned my computer off and was getting ready for bed, and that helped so much I had to share, my pain went from like a 100, to about a 15-20. so good luck ladies.
Wow!  I am with you ladies.  I have one blister in the same spot and I get it before my period.  It hurts when I pee and it goes from pink to red to pink again.  I've been using Clobetasol and it helps a little bit.  I have done the herpees blood test 3 times and the culture 4 times - all negative.  My doc was even able to culture a ruptured blister and still a negative reading.  I have also had every STD exam and it burns when I pee.  The only thing I have that is different is that I have a rash like region on my foot and elbow that gets raised, red & itchy right befor the soar on my right inner labia forms.  It's a week of hell and it's tough.  Thanks for starting the site.
I am so glad I found this website.  I have noticed a tear in the past week and was freaking out thinking about what it could be.  I am with the same person and this is the first time it has happened.  It feels like a little cut and when I looked at it with a mirror it is a laceration about a 1/2 inch long.  I know it is not a STD but was still worried about what caused it.  I am a light har/light eyes person as well.  I noticed it right after my last period.  How long does it usually take to heal?  
I had vaginal lesions like blisters that would ulcerate and leak blood and another clear fluid. It was extremely painful and I would take hot baths and splash the water up there.  It seemed to occur mostly a couple of days after we'd have sex. Many doctors, many tests, blah, blah. My husband contacted a friend of his who is a doctor a large metropolitan area in the midwest and he diagnosed Chancroid, a very rare STD that causes these symptoms. I took antibiotics for a couple of weeks and have not had another occurence. I think the problem can be that this type of infection can hide in men (no symptoms) and is very rare in the U.S. We finally figured out where my husband got it from  (an affair with a woman who travelled a lot). We both had to be treated. This all happened about 25 years ago but you can imagine my memory is quite fresh! YUCH! I hope this helps. BTW when you get tested for "all" the STDs, they only test for the more common ones. If you go to a web site on rare STDs you will be amazed at all the ones that are not routinely tested for. This may not be the solution for everyone on this list but if it helps one or two I will be happy for you.
i am suffering from similar symptoms for the past 5 months or so now that i can remember...only now i am worried they are in fact herpes, as i get my STD results this wednesday, i have tried to prepare myself for the worst news possible by reasearching. First, i thought it was herpes, i acutally convinced myself, because everything seem to fit. Except for the part of how I acutally contracted the virus. When these symptoms first appeard, in May??, I was a virgin so it never even crossed my mind. Almost every month, during ovulation i would suffer from itchy, redness, foul smelling discharge, which would create a 'paper cut' in the same place, or perhaps more than one. I had come in close genital contact with one guy before my first memory of this, which is why now i am freaking out. Since then, just in the past month i did have sex, proptected, so this month when my symptoms arose, I immediatly thought it is an STD, and herpes seem to fit the best. I am extremely nervous for my results, as i am only 19 years old, and dealing with a virus that i will never be able to cure seems almost near impossible right now. Considering, I would have contracted herpes, without any vaginal, oral, or anal sex... only skin to skin contact. I have a few questions for anyone that could possibly answer me...are my chances of having contracted genital herpes very high? and if not, WHY do my symptoms seem to fit those of gential herpes? ALSO, i experience severe cramping during ovulation, which i have always just brushed aside thinking it was normal, until now that is. Feels like i am being stabbed in my ovary, last for a few seconds, and then disappears - is this just normal?? any help would be appreciated, as i am feeling alone and scared...
also, sorry final note, i am stressing myself out MAD crazy, cause my results have taken two weeks, i have not been able to concentrate on my school work (second year of university) cause all i can focus on is herpes... i have stress related acne, and broken out on my face as well as back, common areas for me.
thanks
Hey, everyone. I'm glad I found this site, but I'm not sure if what I have is the same. I'm 18 years old, and kinda scared. I was with this one guy several times, and a few times, we didn't use a condom. But he's clean, he gets checked regularly. My doctor diagnosed it as a yeast infection. I had little "cuts" on my vagina, I had discharge, itching, and burning. The medicine helped, but it didn't all go away. I took a second round of medicine, and everything (including the lesions) went away. Everything except the discharge. So I went in to my gyno again and he did all sorts of tests, including STD tests. Everything was negative. But now, very close to my vaginal opening, on the side, I have like...a sore or something. It looks like I'm getting one on the other side too...maybe from the "sore" spot touching the fine spot. And I still itch sometimes. I think the "cuts" the first time around were due in part to me scratching, and the fact that I have very sensitive, dry skin. But I dunno......Is this similar to what anyone here has? Can anyone help me out? Thanks. Much appreciated.
Hi girls, had a visit to the gyno re my splitting and was surprised as to how he wants to treat the cuts. i am booked in for surgical removal of the split areas, as they have been opened so many times he noticed that there seemed to be a thickening of the skin each side of the cut area and thus making it difficult to heal together again. By cutting out the split areas on each side and stitching the fresh skin back together, he hopes this will fix my problem. The removed skin will be sent for testing to hopefully determine if there is a cause for the weakness in my skin, ie a disease or infection or similar. i have the surgery in 2 weeks, ill let u knw how i go........................
I've had these paper cuts for about a year and a half.  Also had lots of redness and itching.  Long story short I went to the doc 4 times since June.  Was on flagyl a couple times for infections etc.  They finally discovered what they said was e coli in my vagina.  Gave the same meds that they give for bladder infection.  I believe it was called Cipro.  I have not had a paper cut since.   Hope this helps someone else.
try here..
http://insuranceinfo.loansuggest.com/insurance_quesion.php?cat=Health%20Insurance
Herpes can be spread with any skin to skin contact. Even if it is momentarily. Ask your doctor, some of us would literally rather die that ask a doctor.  Ask a doctor. They are at times quick to generalize, so be specific, small tears, no blisters, no discharge, lots of pain.

Maybe its a new virus causing us problems. I used to work in a microbiology lab, and bacteria and virus are constantly mutating. I think this thing is herpes-like in that it re-occurs, Lysine stops herpes it can't live in lysine rich enviornments.3000mg a day
Helpful tips, DO NOT EAT OR DRINK anything containing sucralose it immediately knocks out your immune system the way a storm knocks out power.  
Vitamin C is a ninja at kicking virus butt. 2000mg a day is what the pros suggest.

I know its hard to handle that no matter how careful you are or inexperienced U may have contracted something, so just brace yourself and you can get through it by educating yourself. If you are active get your partner tested too or it may be an indication you need a new partner. Ladies we have to think outside our emotions to survive these days.

One partner. Or no partners is the best way these days and even then U may have issues, Like me.
I get yearly checkups,  I had no sex for several years, then met Mr. Right..(to be determined)  
At first small burning was my issue I thought, hum maybe UTI, so I took the natural remedy for this apple cider vinegar, cranberry capsules 6 a day, and garlic a natural antibiotic. It worked it was gone. 3 weeks later its back, worse,  tears. so I get a pelvic exam, and  they tell me its Gardnerella, BV. Humm...ok but that still doesn’t explain the tears.

Maybe its connected. Maybe the levels of this bacteria or so high it is causing the skin to tear.

I don't know.  I have learned BV is hard to diagnosis. I will ask for another pap to see if there is e- coli, it makes sense.

Recently I used the sponge for the first time, it got stuck, had it removed at the er...fun..
They gave me a shot of antibiotics in the rear..oh joy!

A week later I get that super bug strain.. it gets abscessed and I have to go back and have it cut and drained.  I get more antibiotics. During all this I have this vaginal irritation so I take my vitamins and it goes away. I think I had this since October and just kept it at bay by taking vitamins.

Oh and I had a sore throat just one issue after another, sick for weeks. This usually means viral or bacterial infection is still in my system and my immunity is suppressed trying to fight it, making me susceptible to everything.  Antibiotics ruin the normal ph levels in the vagina and kill good bacteria. This would explain the BV overgrowth and make it possible for other bacteria to over grow. I think if we restore the balance the cuts will go away.

The vitamins worked for me, maybe I just didn’t take them long enough. Hell, I think I will take them 6 months and see what happens since doctors are clueless. I am adding Acidophilus to my mixture since it will balance the natural bacteria. Read, educate yourself.

I am African American by the way. And have always been sensitive to everything as well. so much for dark thick skin, a vagina is a vagina...sensitive.

Men lie and cheat. No matter how hot or charming protect yourself. I do however feel this is related to some strain of mutated virus resistant to antibiotics, or imbalance in natural bacteria in our vagina. Maybe caused by recent antibiotic use.
I hope its not a new STD all I know is I had no issues when I had no sex. Now I have issues. I think there is something to the bible’s simple moral code abstaining for me gave me peace.  

I am also taking the flagyl to see if it helps, its not working. The vitamins worked in 2 days. Hope this helps. We all seem lost, yet hopeful. I cried when found this site. Together maybe we can beat this. Time for a change.
Hi everyone, had my surgical biopsy/ removal of the split areas and had it tested and found out it is a HPV infection (wart virus) that has gotten to the first stage of pre malignancy (VIN1). was a bit shocked 2 hear that but am glad i now know what im dealing with. i dont have cancer and it is unlikely it will develop into cancer, but i must keep an eye on it and have regular check ups. i have allso had the first of three gardasil vaccinations to help clear the virus from my body. My gyno tells me most sexually active people have carried a strain of HPV within their bodies without knowing it and it usually passes out of their system after a couple of years. there are many different strains of th wart virus with different types of symptoms, many of which have no symptoms or which are too small to notice. My case is very noticable with my vulval skin becoming quite brittle and easily split. 7 weeks after my surgery i tried 2 have sex again and it was no different from before and split again. My gyno has suggested i have some laser treatment and i am booked in in Jan. Hoping some day i will have a normal sex life again, but im glad i now know what is wrong.
hi everyone...I'm sorry you all are experiencing this, I would not wish it on even my worst enemy.  I have many symptoms similar to many of you.  I get these weird sores/lesions on my vulva- it starts as itching burning, maybe slight redness, but you can't really see much. Then the next day the skin breaks open and looks like a layer of skin is missing. Still itching and much more painful. Then it spreads- looking  kinda like a blister that has poped, but it was never a blister... It is so painful to sit, walk, pee... anything.  My Doctors are stumped.  I have had the lesions cultured for Herpes- negative as well as the blood test for herpes- which was positive for type 1- mouth sores but negative for type 1- genital lesions. I have tried every messy cream, with no relief.  If anyone has found anything that offers SOME relief... please let me know! It is comforting to know that I'm not alone...
I could feel it coming on yesterday and went to the Dr. She said it looked very small red and only on one side, but by the time I got home 3 hours later- it was on both sides and about 1/2 inch wide.  She gave me a numbing cream (which stings) and a steroid cream. She did also refer me to a rheumatoligist to test for BECHETS disease- Does anyone know anything about this???
Hoping to find some answers..... thanks
ALSO- I am a 21 year old nursing student (stressful), fair skin, blue eyes, history of celiac disease and hashimotos thyroiditis, and asthma. One sexual partner ever. I have an IUD and we use condoms. I have had 3 "outbreaks" since november... thanks again! good luck to everyone!!!!!!
I hope that someone still looks at this site.  My problem is not cuts but actual bumbs that are not open or sores.  It is right where you underwear hits the crease between your leg and crotch.  It is really red and has no drainage or opening.  It hurs like hell when it is touched.  Which its location makes that often since I cant keep my underwear off of it.  I have been married for over a year and we dont use protection.  I also have HPV and wondered if it had to do with that.  I have had the cyrosurgery in the past but with that instance I had no pain just a bump.  I am freaked that this is herpes since my husband and I had ran into some problems awhile back and were seperated.  Depressed with my possible failing marriage had unprotected sex and now think I am being punished with herpes due to the affair.  I really hope its not though since my husband and I are back together and he knows nothing of my mistake.  I too am a nurse and dont have an inkling about what it really is, fair skin, blonde hair, and brwn eyes.  I have extremely sensitive skin and a hx of psoriasis.  Guess I will find out on wed. when i go to the doctor.  Im sorry we all have to suffer from this.  

I AM SO HAPPY THAT I FOUND THIS SITE. I HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING THE SORES ON MY VAGINA AREA AS WELL. I DIDNT START SEEING THEM UNTIL THE SUMMER OF "07". I HAE BEEN TO THE DOCTOR AND HE SAID IT DOESNT LOOK ANYTHING LIKE HERPES. I HAVE BEEN CHECKED FOR EVERYTHNG AND THAT IF EVERYTHING COMES BACK NEGATIVE THAT IT MAY BE IRRITATION. I WENT TO THE ER IN THE SUMMER AND THE DOCTOR THERE ASKED ME IFI SWEAT ALOT. HE GAVE ME SOME ANTIFUNGAL CREAM AND THE SORES WENT AWAY. I HAVE BEEN WITH THE SAME PERSON FOR 3 YRS. HE HAS BEEN CHECKED AND HES FINE SO I KNOW I DONT HAVE STDs. I WAS JUST CONCERNED OF WHAT WAS GOING ON WITH MY BODY FOR I AM A DIABETIC. I FEEL ALOT BETTER KNOWING THAT I AM NOT ALONE AND THAT THERE ARE MANY WOMEN HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS THAT I HAVE EVER SO OFTEN. IT JUST MAKES YOU THINK AND WONDER ABOUT YOUR DOCTORS YOU SEE AND HOW MUCH THEY REALLY KNOW. I AM REALLY GLAD THAT THIS SITE IS UP AND THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE JUST LIKE ME GOING THROUGH THE SAME THINGS. I HAVE DARK SKIN AND DARK EYES.
Just an advancement in my situation with my vaginal splitting, i have gone off the contraceptive pill (Loette) and within a week or two of stopping it my problem has gone. although my Dr found a HPV infection present in my system with th biopsy i had, i am pretty sure my problem had something to do with the pill the whole time. Im so happy i can now have a normal sex life again, my only problem now being a way of contraception without taking hormones. iv got an appointment wit my Dr soon, maybe try a IUD ..... the pill may be a cause for alot of the problems on this site.....
I am a 41 year old AA, I have been married for almost five years and i have two kids from my marriage and two from a previous marriage.  i have been suffering with these paper cut like symptoms for over ten years.  i have had one c section with a tubal, and two partial hysterectomies.  now i have no female organs.  i have a history of ovarian cyst, UTI, bacterial and yeast infections.  everytime i have had the vagi paper cuts i have been diagnose with one of the previously mentioned female problems.  it wasnt until recently, that i was diag. with HPV 2 because i had vagi blisters as well as the tears.  i went for my post op appt and the surgeon asked me what was new and i told him that i had one of these break outs AGAIN.  he is not my regular obgyn.  he said that it liked herpes and i almost fell off the table.  he did a culture and told me not to worry, call back in ten days.  meanwhile, my coochie felt like it was in a coma so i called my primary ob and then they asked me if i had been exposed to herpes.  i said that this is the same thing that i have been coming into the office for - for the past ten year, so just give me the cream and i will be on my way.  she gave me lab slip for a blood test and a prescrption for some cream that cost so much, it cleared my checking account.  needless to say, i was on pins and needles.  when i left the doctors office, i called my husband, who is a pastor and began to describe my office visit.  he told me not to worry and to come home.  the culture and the blood test came back positive.  the surgeon told me that the tearing and blisters were so progressive that i probably had it for atleast ten years.  i was devastated when telling my husband (the pastor) the i tested positive for herpes - and twice.  my self esteem is affected tremendously.  this is something that i had alwys stereotyped "nasty" girls with.  i am crushed and am praying for a cure and soon.  my husband is so cool and supportive but we have not had sex since the diagnosis.  i am glad that i found this web site because i have felt so "not" understood for so many years.  there always seems to be something with my stuff.  i keep asking myself, what would i do if the shoes were on the other foot and i do not know if i would be so understanding.  even though i had this before the marriage, and i did not know, i feel so guilty. what if he has it.  what if i have given it to someone else before my marriage.  what if the person that has given it to me is spreading it to other women and he does not know.  i have to admit, i have not always been born again and i have had a FEW partners in my lifetime.  it is very unfortunate that my past has finally caught up with me.  my husband is going to have the blood test next week to find out if he has been exposed.  if now, we will have to use condoms.  can you imagine having to use condoms with your husband.  this is time that i should be enjoying pure and holy sex and i have to use a condom.  i am so glad that i finally have a place where i can vent with someone that can actually relate and understand.  thanks so much for being there for me.  and for all of you ladies that think that it is not herpes, keep testing.  it laid dormant in me for over ten years when i was previously premiscuous.  not i am born again, married to a pastor, monogomous and ashamed.  please get tested again, and again and again.  i will be praying for you all and ask the same of you.  god bless
Hi all, I too get the paper cut feeling in my vaginal area, it gets itchy and red and hurts terribly when I urinate. I've also noticed some blood on the toilet paper when I wipe and boy does it hurt to wipe. I did notice a small lesion on the inside of my vagina that is always there and vairies is size.
I've been tested for herpes and my pap smear has all come back negative. Some of you were saying that your fair and light eyed, well I have a light to medium skin tone with dark hair and dark eyes.I do have very sensitive skin and have to be careful with soaps and lotions.  Im happy I found this site and that Im not the only one with this strange conditon. Thanks everyone for sharing your stories.
any of you women who get these and have been tested for stds please please ask your doctor to do a test for rare cancers and skin diseases, as i have learned in the past few months cancer doesnt always show as an abnormal pap or in your blood. lessions are a very real symptom, it would be unlikely that is the cause but for your own sake have them checked, they can actually take a sample from lession and tell you weather it is cancerous or bacterial or allergic or what ever.
First I would like to thank you all for having the courage to put your personal information out on this site for the world to see. I know that being anonymous really helps but I can honestly say that for me it's still somewhat embarrassing.

I am a 38 y.o. straight Hispanic woman. I too have just had, and am at the end of a bout with a vaginal lesions with 1 small blister and 2 bumps. I initially thought it was a razor cut/burn that I had given myself. I had not been feeling well and decided to go out and well I cleaned up my vaginal area because I planned on having sex that evening with my partner, this was a Friday. Saturday came and I was extremely ill. I had a 102.3 temp and was sick. I had actually caught the flu and was down for a week. I went to the doctor and he prescribed some anti-biotics. Well I took those for a few days and noticed that I started getting an itch at the top of my vaginal area where the lips meet, which is where I "cut" myself. I figured I was getting a yeast infection because I had been on the anti-biotics and they can trigger those. Anyway, a few days later the itching was out of control and I had been using an over the counter 5 day yeast medicine. Then it turned into a stinging, from being an open cut "paper cut". I took my make-up mirror and spread open before it. (Tuesday)I noticed that I had 3 small bumps and I was thinking.. great ingrown hairs. Well the next day (Wednesday), one was a blister. I immediately freaked out and thought the worst.. an STD. I went online and it seemed to me to be Herpes. I was so ashamed. I thought that I should put something on it to kill whatever germs were hanging out so what I used was the cream that one would use for athlete's foot. It helped immensely but didn't take it away. (Sunday)Well I went to the urgent care and they checked it out. They told me that it didn't look like Herpes and that they've seen a lot of that. They took a blood test of it and will be contacting me either this Friday or Monday with results. They also gave me some Valtrex. I have continued to use the anti-fungal and am awaiting my results. I am scared, but I am praying that if it is Herpes, which I believe it is, that the break-outs are far and few in-between and that the medicine, Valtrex, will take it away quickly. I was praying for my test to come back negative but after reading the posts on this site, I think I would rather have a diagnosis with a prognosis. Tonight when I pray I am going to include all of you. I understand part, if not all, of what you are feeling. I'll let you know what happens.

p.s. - I will not have sex again until I am married. This scared me straight!!!
Well, I got word back from my blood test. Not what I was expecting. They tested me for the wrong thing...?!?! That's like removing the wrong leg or breast!! I wasn't happy. They say they should know something by mid next week. Since I've been on meds for almost a full 5 days now I am seeing results. They told me when I started them that if the Valtrex helped that most likely it was Herpes. I have already come to grips with it and in my eyes doing the blood work is nothing more than an unnecessary inconvenience. I'll let you know what they say... if there's anyone still out there. Have a great weekend.

Me
Today is Friday. I got the news on Tuesday. I have Herpes. I am glad that it's over and that I know what it is now. I will take my meds when I have break outs and try to live as normal of a life as possible. Now I just have to worry if I caught anything else. I know AIDS takes a while to show up so I'll be stressed for another 10-15 years. Of course I wont let it get to me, but it'll always be in the back of my mind. Heavy sigh.... I just have to look forward and not back. I hope you all have a wonderful life and they find a cure for everyone of you. God bless you all.

Thanks for listening.
I am 20 years old. I was diagnosed with Herpes type1 when I was 18 after having been in a monogomous relationship with a man who was a virgin until we'd met and had virtually no previous sexual experience. He had never had any symptoms of Herpes but clearly he had it and passed it on to me. Any website you read will tell you that Herpes-1 is not severe and not very recurrent - unfortunately I can say that I have about 2-3 outbreaks a year that are extremely painful. About 3 1/2 weeks ago I started experiencing a tingling that I recognized as the precursor to an outbreak...I popped those Valtrex's and prayed. Next morning I woke up with tiny bleeding blisters all over my inner labia and around my vagina. They got worse. They erupted into ulcers that were covered with a thick black crust and the pain was excruciating. I went to the doctor who ran tests (including one for Herpes just to make sure) and they all came back negative and normal. When the pain had not lessened or the sores shown any sign of improvement, I went to the hospital. This time the woman told me it was herpes and sent me on my way with nothing more than a shot of Ibuprofen in my ***. Three weeks later the sores have still not completely healed - the black crust fell off and 2 of the smaller sores healed completely in a week and a third is still visible but without pain and the fourth one which was so large that it basically covered one entire inner labia has stopped being painful but is still tender and visible. I have no idea what it was but if it ever comes back I think I'd rather throw myself off a cliff than face that pain again. I mean, I was on Percoset (prescribed by my horrified doctor) and that didnt even ease the pain entirely. But I have the same issue as alot of you- pain and dryness during sex...maybe there is a connection but my main question is - do any of you get the thick black crust over your sore???
Has anyone here looked at lichen sclerosis?  I have similar problems that are discussed here but have tested negative for all STD's.  This is what I have been diagnosed with.
I have been having similar problems.  I have always suffered from "paper cuts" at the top of my vagina near my clitoris and from being too dry during intercourse.  But just this week I developed almost an abrasion followed by multiple lesions that have now opened and are very painful.  I at first thought I was getting a UTI because it hurt to pee, but upon closer inspection I found the abrasion.  I attribuated it to my boyfriend being a bit too aggressive during oral sex the night before but my PCM thinks it might be Herpes.  She has tested me for everything but I have been with him for over a month and he his clean and I have never had this problem before.  She gave me an antibiotic for the possible UTI and Valtrex but the pain is getting worse and the sores are spreading.  Does anyone have any advice as to what I can do to try an ease the pain?  I have tried just about everything.  Heat doesn't help, ice doesn't work, I can't take Motrin-- and all I want to do is be able to walk and sit.  
An autoimmune disease called Behcet's Syndrome's initial symptoms closely resemble the herpes virus, causing vaginal sores, cuts, fissures, and folliculitis. Other symptoms develop years later, so it is very important that you find out just what it is that is causing your symptoms. Don't be too quick to brush it off as nothing, Behcet's disease affects people of every age and every race. It is important you see a doctor who know's enough to help you. Ask them about Behcet's Syndrome, if they don't know enough to tell you what it is, they won't be able to tell you if you have it or not.
I am 19 and have one child ( a girl).  I have noticed recurrent yeast infections and they seemed to come on right after I finish my period.  On Valentine's day I went to have some tests done, including HIV and syphilis, and all came back negative.  However the nurse did confirm that I had a yeast infection.  This month my yeast came back and I have been treating it with the anti-fungal cream.  The past couple of days I had noticed A LOT of itching and I went to the clinic today.  I have the little bumps also.  They say that it could be Herpes, but I go back tomorrow to make sure.  But during my February exam, the nurse performing my pap say that I naturally have profuse secretions from my vagina.  And I have always been that way, since childhood.  Also, while I was pregnant, I had some dyplasia on my cervix which was removed.  The doctor said that I was not brought on by HPV.  I have never had an STD and I am scared to DEATH!!!  I will be praying for everyone!!
Please don't be scared. I know you are only 19. I don't want to scare you. I just want you to be aware that you really need to be aggressive about finding out what is causing your symptoms. I am not a doctor so I can't say for sure, but I want to share my story so people and doctors will be aware that something else causes these symptoms. My symptoms started at age fifteen with itching, inflammation, then folliculitis (ingrown hairs), then cuts all over. It is different for everyone who has it. Folliculitis is a type of acne and is very common in Behcet's and occurs during or before a "flare" and can be on the face or anywhere. Chronic yeast infections come hand and hand with Behcet's because it is a immune system disorder that weakens the immune system. It is not contagious and it doesn't run in families. It is often triggered by things like strep throat, food poisoning, and other infections or for unknown reasons, which permanitally damage the immune system. Gential to Gential contact will cause a reaction "flare" in these people, so will a common illness, injury, or stress. It is very important for people who have this to rest often  and take good care of themselves and they will also need medication.  Common symptoms later in the disease if it goes untreated are digestive symptoms, bowel inflammation, possible bladder inflammation that feels like a bladder infection, arthritis, fibromyalga, and very late in the disease serious eye inflammation and possibly central nervous system involvement. People rarely die from this illness, the main thing a person has to be worried about is quality of life. That why you want to be proactive, not scared. This disease can be managed if properly treated. For fifteen years I saw doctor after doctor who insisted I had herpes simplex virus even though all cutlures and every other test you could think of was negative. They assumed  I must have just gotten it even though I was telling them my history, or that the sawb just didn't pick it up. They say that is very common. The FDA came out with a new blood test for herpes last year that can prove whether you have it or not. Please get the test. Then if you continue to have these problems it won't take so long to get treatment. You will know what direction to go looking for help. Above all rememeber, stress can turn what would have been a mild flare into a monster. It is different for everyone who has it. Please visit the free American Behcet's Disease website message board, there is so much more you can find out there.
I went to the doctor and they said that I bacterial vaginosis!!!  Such a relief!!!
Thank god I found this forum. I was googling all over looking for answers about vaginal lesions.

So here's how it is.

I was diagnosed probably at least 6mo back with a yeast infection. That's when the "cuts" started. There's one above my clitoris and towards the inside of my vagina, and then the part between my vag and my anus. It's like someone had slashed me up and down with mini razors.

I was treated for the yeast infection. The Dr. prescribed me the insert cream treatments that are overnight (I can't remember the type or the brand) and doing salt cleanses. Thankfully the yeast infection cleared up. The cuts however, did not. Then, the gyno prescribed me an estrogen cream to see if the cuts would heal. Again, no. I was tested multiple times between then and now. Only recently did the latest pap smear reveal that I have HPV. I don't know what type it is yet. My boyfriend and I looked for any signs of warts or sores but there were none at all. Just the cuts and irritation due to mild itching. The colposcopy is soon. (Wish me luck.)

My question to you is, have any of you been diagnosed or know someone that's been diagnosed with herpes this way? I'm really worried about my sex life as it is pretty much non-existent right now, whether to expect a surprise like herpes or not that's kind of life changing. (Like this isn't already.)
You need to also have the herpes blood test. Did you have that? I started having the cuts at age 15. I had cultures come back over and over again that were all negactive for herpes but all the doctors I saw insisted there was nothing else other than herpes that could cause the cuts I was having. I was young and didn't know any better. I thought I must have gotten it from a toilet seat. The one thing I do remember was I was really stressed out the first time it happened.

For years about ten years I had these symptoms and was sure it was herpes and never mentioned it to my doctors anymore. None of the medication for herpes had ever helped me and I also noticed my husband never got sick from me.

I started having other symptoms like irritable bowel syndrome and fatigue. Then after I had two children my symptoms got a lot worse. FIbromyalga, Interstitial Cystitis, Epi-scleritis, and things like that. My immune system was attacking my body. It took years before I had enough symptoms and saw enough doctors to start getting it treated. They are still not totally sure what is wrong with me. There is a lot of misconceptions about these things because they are thought to be rare. The truth is that they are just highly under treated. They think I have something called Behcet's Syndrome, the world's oldest known disease. It is an autoimmune disease that can be very mild or more severe. It is hard to tell what it is unless you are able to get enough of the symptoms well documented. What happens is the immune system is damaged. That is what is causing the cuts. The stress in your life plays a big role in how bad your flares will be. When your immune system is damaged you can't push yourself or do all the things other people can do. If you get enough rest and avoid stress, exercise and eat right, these things could keep it under control. Sometimes you may also need immune suppressants like steriods to get it under control.

I had the herpes blood test the proved I never had herpes 2. I do have herpes 1, but herpes 1 is a much milder virus. It doesn't cause gential symptoms except in very rare cases when a person's immune system is weakened. They couldn't find a reason for my immune system to be weakened. They also couldn't get any of my cultures to show positive for herpes 1. It was eventually determined the cuts are not caused by herpes at all. They decided my symptoms could only be caused by some sort of autoimmune disorder. There are no tests can tell if you have Behcet's. It is based on symptoms only. Vaginal symptoms that look like herpes, canker sores in the mouth at least three times per year, and inflammation in the blood vessels in the eyes. It can take years for enough of the symptoms to show up and they usually don't show up at the same time. You really need to fight for answers. Go to the American Behcet's Association for more information, but remember when you are there, those are the worst cases, most people with Behcet's don't have it that severe and do well with treatment.
I wanted to tell you the reason I don't have an offical Behcet's Syndrome diagnosis yet is because I have yet to have any serious organ damage documented, which can actually be really hard to do. Not everyone has to wait as long as I have been waiting. A lot of the time small damage from tissue and blood vessel inflammation can not be seen by any tests. Often, surgery is required for them to find vasculitis. That is how they found vasculitis in me during surgery looking for endometriosis. I am lucky because my symptoms have not been as serious as some, but it has also been a big problem because I have been suffering greatly and not gotten the help I needed many times. Most of my symptoms cannot be seen and it's been very hard to prove that something is wrong.  I have had to fight back against people thinking this was all in my mind. I have had to find a medical cause for my symptoms on my own. Only one of the hundreds of doctors I've seen had ever even heard of Behcet's Syndrome, he was a GI doctor. They do not look for it. One doctor, my Rheumatologist, told me he didn't even believe it existed. This disease is very real. It's treated all over the world, but most American doctors no nothing about it. They do not know the symptoms or how to treat it. They rely on old information and still think it only happens to people in the middle east even though research has shown it happens because something has damaged the immune system and not because of your genes. It does not run in families. You would think it would show up on MRI's, but often with Behcet't it's the very smallest blood vessels involved, and those don't show up most of the time. It takes a big incident for them to see it and prove that you have it . American doctors don't want to be liable for treating anything until they have enough medical proof to be sure that you require the treatment. It is not easy to get that far. For us, it is more important to get the treatment before something bad happens, not afterwards. I have all the symptoms and I am being treated with immune suppressants and I have had several doctors diagnosis my symptoms as Behcet's Syndrome, but with this disease the ultimate decision is up to the Rheumatologist. My rheumatologist says it shouldn't matter if I have an official diagnosis as long as it is being treated. He says he is more concerned right now that I will lose my ability to qualify for insurance once I have a diagnosis. One thing to look for as far as tests are concern would be a a slighly high white blood cell count...your nerophils mainly, but others white cells also. It could mean just that you aren't feeling well at the time to have it be a little high, but if you can gather your records and show that you have an on going high white blood cell count, that would be a first step in showing your doctors something is not normal.
One more thing....I've seen over twenty GYN's as well as other doctors and I did my own research on the possible causes for these cuts. I can tell you from what I have learned  that these cuts are not caused by any type of HPV. They also would not be caused by Herpes 1 in people with no other apparent serious health problems like HIV. Bacterial Vaginosis and Yeast Infections may cause small cracks in the folds of the skin, they do not cause cuts in center areas of the skin, and they heal without reoccurance once the infection is treated. An anal fissure can sometimes occur in the center area of the pernium (between the front and back) because of straining or constipation. Unless you have developed more than one cut at a time at some point, or have developed cuts in different areas of the genitals other than the pernium, this may be a fissure. An anal fissure would be a single cut that keeps happening in the same place over and over again on in the center of the pernium. An anal fissure is caused by repeatedly tearing open the thin skin in that area from straining. Not like the small cuts that just happen for no reason the way they happen with the Herpes Simplex Virus and Behcet's Syndrome. I have one cut the comes back over and over again on my pernium area, but I also get cuts in other areas from time to time aswell. Those are the only things I've found that could be the possible causes for these symptoms.
Because now we don't have to treat each other like hazmat zones.

Anyway, I've been tested for herpes in the past before but I'm kind of skeptical now whether the results are still on par or not. My appointment's not for another 15 days, (unfortunately), so I can't find anything out right now. However, I'm still not sure what to think about whether it's Behcet's Syndrome or not because I was on Nuva Ring and I read that it could cause lesions, at least where the ring was sitting. Or maybe that it made the whole area's skin be thin and it's just been that way ever since it was triggered with the yeast infection. So in lieu of this new information, I stopped it when you're supposed to allow the menstrual cycle to do its thing. You're supposed to put it in a week after but I'm not, to see if the cuts will heal on their own.

Also, stress is a very, very big factor in my life right now. More than likely for the past 6 months also.
Er.. the first two sentences were cut off in my previous entry.

Anyways, I had posted a link to google answers, if you can find it, it's Question ID: 438060.

But if you can't find it, I'll copy paste it here, sans the links(?):

Question     
Subject: HPV
Asked by: ace32-ga
List Price: $30.00 Posted: 26 Jan 2006 14:28 PST
Expires: 25 Feb 2006 14:28 PST
Question ID: 438060

My girlfriend was diagnosed w/ HPV 18 months prior to any sexual
activity w/ myself. She was tested every 6 months following the intial
diagnosis, and came out clean every time. She also has never shown any
visible signs of the virus (genitial warts). Is it reasonable to
believe that in those 18 months her immune system may have suppresed
the virus to the point where she did not transmit it to me? It is has
been over 3 months since any sexual contact between us, and I have
never shown any symptoms.

Answer
Subject: Re: HPV
Answered By: tutuzdad-ga on 26 Jan 2006 16:33 PST
Rated:4 out of 5 stars

Dear ace32-ga;

Thank you for allowing me an opportunity to answer your interesting
question. As you can see I’ve done some considerable researcher on
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) in response to previous questions:

GOOGLE ANSWERS
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=402719

GOOGLE ANSWERS
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=117392

Unfortunately, there is no "cure" for HPV infection, although in some
patients the disease seems to simply “go away” on it’s own. However,
experts disagree about whether the virus ever goes away completely, or
is just suppressed by the immune system so much that it cannot be
detected, even by the most sensitive tests available today.

According to the American Cancer Society, an entity that has a
particular interest in HPV because it is sometimes a factor in
cervical cancers, the issue about the immune system and HPV is
explained this way:

“If I have HPV and it goes away, can I get it again?
Most couples who have sex share HPV until their bodies’ immune systems
get rid of it. Partners who have sex only with each other do not pass
the virus back and forth. When the HPV goes away, the immune system
will remember that HPV type and keep you from getting it again.
Because there are many types of HPV, being immune to one HPV type does
not protect you from getting other types.”

AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY
http://www.cancer.org/docroot/NWS/content/NWS_2_1x_What_Women_Should_Know_about_HPV_and_Cervical_Health.asp

One must keep in mind that there are more that 80 forms of HPV and
only a few of them cause genital warts. The disease is astonishingly
common and some people have the virus for years and never know it.

Does a person who acquires HPV always have HPV? Well, that issue is
debatable. Many experts do attribute the suppression of HPV to the
body’s immune system (as you alluded to in your question). Once the
HPV lesions are gone and no others can be found, and no new lesions
appear during the subsequent months, the chance of a person shedding
enough HPV to be actively infectious to a sexual partner falls
dramatically. Unfortunately there is no test that indicates, to a 100%
degree certainty, that a person no longer poses an infectious risk,
but what is known is that as months go by with no lesions found by a
skilled clinician, the possibility of being infectious is likely to be
increasingly remote. So, in short, it is true that it is not uncommon
for a some peoples’ immune system to fight off the human
papillomavirus to undetectable levels in about 8-24 months. In people
with weaker immune systems the virus may continue to be present (and
even visibly apparent) for life. The truth is that little is known
about the factors that influence clearance of human papillomavirus in
some patients. At the risk of sounding overly simplistic, at this
point in medical technology if an examination indicates that a person
is infected, then he or she is considered infected and if an HPV test
does not indicate that a person is infected, he or she can assume, for
all intents and purposes, that they are not infected, keeping in mind
practicing safe sex techniques is always the best plan, especially
when dealing this a potentially communicable disease that can lie
dormant in it’s host. We cannot provide medical advice or diagnoses in
this forum but as I’ve pointed out, research indicates that if you are
not testing positive now you are likely clear, but you remain at some
degree of risk considering your sexual history with an infected
partner. Only time will tell for sure.

I hope you find that my research exceeds your expectations. If you
have any questions about my research please post a clarification
request prior to rating the answer. Otherwise, I welcome your rating
and your final comments and I look forward to working with you again
in the near future. Thank you for bringing your question to us.

Best regards;
Tutuzdad – Google Answers Researcher

OTHER INFORMATION SOURCES

I WANNA KNOW
http://www.iwannaknow.org/basics2/hpv.html

ASSOCIATION OF REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
http://www.arhp.org/healthcareproviders/onlinepublications/clinicalproceedings/cc_introduction.cfm?ID=95

HPV FOR DUMMIES
http://www.healthandhpv.com/

AMERICAN SOCIAL HEALTH ASSOCIATION
http://www.ashastd.org/

ASHA – INFORMATION TO LIVE BY: HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS (HPV)
http://www.ashastd.org/stdfaqs/hpv.html

SEARCH STRATEGY

SEARCH ENGINES USED:

Google ://www.google.com

SEARCH TERMS USED:

HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS

HPV

Latent

Remission

Immunse system

Suppress

Contagious

Infectious
Thank you for reading my posts. I am determined to tell as many people about this disease as I can. Look around on this message board and you will be floored with how many woman are having these symptoms and have not gotten any real answers from anyone. It makes me sick. It is really all about money. This disease pushes doctors out of their comfort zone, it forces them to  work harder than they are use to doing, harder than a lot of them really are will to work. Infact, they have designed a system to help them avoid people like you. They will send you to specialist after specialist making money off your insurance company hoping eventually you will just give up and quit faking it. It is the idiology that nothing bad happens to good people. That you just need to toughen up and quit complaining because you look normal and your tests are fine. It would cost a lot of money to treat us, so they ignore it and only treat those who are on deaths door and tell them they couldn't have known what it was because it's so rare. The justify it to themselves by pointing out there has are full treating the things they do know about. I think it's time we send these doctors back to school and up the patients right to sue doctors that doctor meet our expectations. Why should anyone need to settle for less. I believe any halfway intellegent person would have been able to put together what has been happening to us a long time ago if they were at all interested in finding out.

The nuva ring would not cause cuts, particularly if these cuts are in an area you can see. One thing I know is woman with Behcet's have a lot of problem's with their periods. Their periods often bring on flares. They can have inflammation in their uterus which leads to extra period cramps and may lead to heavier bleeding.

I mentioned to you that I had surgery looking for endometriosis. I was given many different types of birht control when they thought that was what I had. From talking to other woman with Behcet's and from what I experienced, all of the different birth control medications I took made symptoms a lot worse. I do not know why exactly, but I have not come across any women with Behcet's who did not have some problems with these drugs. I took depro, a lot of woman have problems with that, but I also tried an assortment of different pills that al caused my flares to get really bad. When I would come off of them I got better. The last thing I tried was the Mirena IUD. I would recommend this to other woman, but not to woman with my problem. My GYN didn't realize how inflamed my uterus was, he thought is would help everything get better, and for most woman, I bet it would, but not for me. It was pure agony.  I keep waiting and hoping the pain would go away, that it just needed to settle, but it never did, I had to have it removed. I believe the Nuva Ring, just like the Mirena, has a small amount of hormones in it. This might be the problem, it seems even a little bit of these hormones can trigger a flare. As long as all of your hormone levels are normal you should avoid them at all costs. With Behcet's you are at risk of vascular inflammation which can lead to things like strokes, so horomone suppliments of any kind are a really bad thing for people with this problem.
I have had the exact same symptoms you have described for almost 1.5 yrs now.   I have visited countless gynecologists only to initially be misdiagnosed with genital herpes, and repeatedly treated for yeast infections and bacterial vaginosis.  I am thrilled to say that I may have finally figured out what the true cause is.   Have you ever heard of pinworm?  It is the most common roundworm infection in the U.S.  CNN.com has an informative article that you may find very helpful.  The best part, it is easily cured.  I plan on seeing a doctor on Thursday to get tested.  By any chance, are you around children either at home or work?  Children are the main carriers of pinworm.  I began my first year teaching in an elementary school last year and shortly after is when my symptoms began.   Ask your doctor about it and do some research.  It's worth a try.  I am 99.5% convinced that this what is causing my symptoms.  Pinworm when left untreated can cause vaginitis, endometritis, and other infections.  Please look into this.  Hope this helps!
I was wondering if you could steer my towards literature about the long term effects caused by Pinworms? I have done a quick search, but didn't find anything about long term effects.  We did have pinworms in our house about three years ago and it did take some work to get rid of them. For me, I had symptoms for many years before and after I was treated for that. I am not really sure that this could cause the symptoms I have, but I do want to make sure. Thank you for this information. It would be really nice if it could just be something simple like this, but with this the immune system is perminitly damaged so even if it was the pin worms that caused it, getting rid of them probably won't make it any better.
Thank God i found this website. I too have been experiencing some of the same issues. I have had a reoccurring yeast infection for the past six months that progressively worsened. i use to notice small cut near my vaginal opening but they woudl heal and they woudl cause too much distress. however recently my yeast infect grew into some awful and presistent and much resistent to all creams. i let it go un treated some more and it eventually calmed down. but after a night of a little rough sex with my boyfriend ( who is std free)  afterwards i felt chaff  a couple days afterwards. then bumps started appearing and soon turned into very painful lesions over the next few days. ive notice that as the yeast infection touch myskin thats where the main lesions are forming. this is the first time this has ever happened to me and im awful scared but all i can do is pray. I know i do not have an STd, ive been tested and so has my partner. Im going to try a diet change like i have seen suggested , but my guess is that it has a lot to do with the yeast. I prayed for everyone suffering that we will all be delivered from this problem. Thank you for the support. if anyone has found relief please share with me what they might be
Use Pau D' Acro inner bark to get your yeast infections and your immune system under control. Your immune system is working in over drive which weakens it and causes things like yeast infections. A high quality pau D' Acro extract will strengthen the immune system and protect it and make sure you don't have any hidden organisms causing an attack on your immune system. Things like pinworms can cause all sorts of problems for us. Changing your diet is also very important. It's very important that you take a multi-vitamin, without iron would be fine if the iron bothers you. Many of your symptoms could also be caused to bad nutrition. Do not eat white breads, starches, sugars. Not just because these things can make you fat, but because they cause bad things to happen in the body and they block the bodies ability to absorb the little amount of nutrition left in to todays's food after years of farming land until no vitamins are left to be found. Do everything you can to support your immune system. Avoid stress, alcohol, anything that you can do to keep your symptoms from getting worse. If you don't start taking the measures necessary to control it, it will start to control you.
i Have been having the same symptoms as all of you ladies. The weeks before and after mt period are the worst. I feel like my vagina is going to burst into flames. The only thing that is different from most of you is I'm dark skinned and dark eyed
I just posted something about this for myself!  

I have ONE vaginal "blister" on my upper vaginal skin fold.  Ive been faithfully sexual with my husband for 3 years now.  There is only one, and it's not that painful.  It is painful to touch and if urine gets on it as well.  I've only had it for about 2 days and have never had anything like it before.  It's skin color just a little red, and hard to see just looking.  It doesnt look like a zit or pimple, it's kinda like an ulcer looking thing i guess.  I'm really scared to go to a doctor (and yes i KNOW i should), but I just wanted to see what other thought it could be or if anyone has this problem before.  I have looked at pics of STDs and it looks NOTHING like any picture I have seen.  I did have an IUD placed about a week ago, and me and my husband have been very sexual active since.  Please help!!
I started with this same problem,and my gyno can't find anything!! The pain was so bad I thought i was gonna die yesterday so I decided to put a little Benadryl cream on the area, and it was magic!! it stopped the burning,pain,inflamation!! I'm not sure if were supposed to use it but it has hepled way better than all of those steriod creams!!
I have had the sma peoples for about a year. The thing is that I had really cut myself pretty bad with a razor. To the white meat. About a month after my cycle the cut reopened. I rushed to the emergency room because other bumps started to reappear. The doctor told me there was nothing to worry about. It had looked like my skin had keloid. Told me to get some neosporin and he prescribed me some antibiotics, just in case. Labs were negative. I have been to get check ups frequently. But every now and again the same cut gets reopened. This has happened with protected sex and unprotected sex. Unprotected in a monogomist relationship. Recently I had protected sex and instantly i felt discomfort in the same spot. No STDS no weaked immune system. Very unsure. Even the doctor said that it did not resemble an STD.
If it is not herpes, you must have the blood test for that to be sure, never take a doctors word for anything or you'll be spending your life in the doctors office. That is how they make money, then it is not a weakened immune system but rather a damaged one that causes this problem. Most likey your immune system is in over drive which causes these cuts to occur. It is most likely an auto immune disease like the one I have, Behcet's Syndrome. Or it could mild immune damage. It really depends on what in the enviroment caused this damage.