Vaginal pain, itching and swelling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vaginal pain, itching and swelling

About four days ago the area around my clitoris and inside my outer vaginal lips started itching. The next day I was still itching in the same spot, but it was painful to pee and the area on the outside of my outer lips started to feel chaffed. The next day all the syptoms (symptoms) were still there, and then the skin in between my vagina and rectum started to feel chaffed also with small fleshed colored bumps, and also my period started that day. Today, same syptoms (symptoms) remained and this afternoon my outer vaginal lips have swelled and feel hot to the touch. It hurts to walk, sit, and stand. I have looked up possible infections, diseases, allergies, etc., but nothing sounds like what is happening to me. I have never had sex or oral sex and its been a few weeks since me and my boyfriend have been intimate. I'm really worried, does anyone know what it could be?
You said you've never had any kind of sex.. (oral and vaginal) but you also say you were intimate with your boyfriend??

If you HAVE not had any kind of sex then I would suggest it may be a yeast infection.... But you should go to the DR anyway to get it looked at...

If you have had some kind of touching there in that area by boyfriend then it COULD be a STD... if he touches himself then touches you it is possible to transfer an STD.

I think an STD is unlikely, but to be sure you should go to the dr. at least to get some relief from the irritation.

Good luck
Lol, I wondered about the *no sex but intimate* comment myself. On a related note, studies have shown that teens who sign abstinence pledges have way more oral and anal sex than those who don't. In response to those reports, Bill Maher said he wished they'd had abstinence pledges when he was a teen, so he could have had "porn star sex" himself, lol.

Anyway, sounds like an infection. See your doctor for an accurate diagnosis, since it sounds like this is your first.
the no oral or vaginal sex but intimate meant that he fingered me....i don't know if that would be considered oral
srry if i confused anyone.....it was my first time so i'm new at this and kinda clueless
Unwashed hands aren't going to cause any problems. Your vagina's really not all that delicate ;-) It sounds like you may have an infection - which is caused by an imbalance in the bacteria you already have in your vagina.
oral means mouth. so i guess if he fingered you in your mouth then its "oral sex" if he put his finger inside of your vagina, then that falls under the catagory of sex too and is indeed being intimate. anyway....
hopefully he washes his hands when he does that to you. so much bacteria is on our hands and underneath fingernails. it sounds like you may have something that warrents being looked at by a dr. it sort of sounds like a yeast infection but i am not sure about those bumps you were talking about? could you be having an allergic reaction to something? new soap,laundry detergent,lotions....?
It's ok.

Like I said... if he touched you and at anytime touched himself before you then he could have given you an infection. Please see the doctor... (not that it's life threatening) but it's uncomfortable. Please if he does this again have him wash his hands....

You probably have a staff or yeast infection. Hands unwashed shouldn't touch you there.
You could possibly have yeast, or bacterial vaganosis... or an imbalance...
i'm only 14 years old , and have had sex with 2 different partners .
today my vagina because very very itchy & irratated , & i had to itch it
then i noticed theres a huge lump type thing on my inside left side of my vagina
it's pretty big & is irratated when i touch it & walk or whatnot .
is it possible to have a yeast infection when your only 14 ?
or is it from itching it so much ?