Vaginal scar tissue removal surgery..Vaginal Ulcers, tears..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

For about a year and a half now (since I started the pill) I have been getting tears on my vaginal wall after intercourse. I have been checked several times for STD's and everything came back negative. I'm also in a long serious relationship and I've only been with him for the past 2 years, no new partners.

One cut that I keep getting looks deep, sort of like an ulcer and it only comes after intercourse. My gyno said it could be that we are being a bit rough during intercourse and to make sure I am fully lubricated. I know that's not the problem because I'm very lubricated the entire time. Also, prior to these cuts, our sex was much rougher and we never had an issue.  I took a break from sex several times for up to 2 months in the past in order to let it heal and it still comes back after we have sex.

I am now looking into other options. I have heard of surgery to remove scar tissue and I'm wondering if thats an option for me. I have several gyno appointments with different doctors after the first to speak about my options. Has anyone had this procedure?
Such vaginal tears may be due to vaginal dryness which may be due to lack of foreplay before intercourse, medical conditions such as vaginusmus and pelvic pain,vaginitis,anxiety regarding performance,low estrogen levels,inflammation and infections of vagina,menopause and drugs such as narcotics, tranquilizers, nicotine, alcohol and sedatives.

I feel that pelvic examination by a gynecologist along with cervical swabs and hormone studies are necessary. Please get it done.Also indulge in foreplay before intercourse and use some lubricants like such as KY jelly, or moisturizers, such as Replens or Senselle or vaginal estrogen creams.Also keep your pelvic area clean and wear cotton undergarments. Regarding surgery for removal of scar tissue, it may help but in the long run the surgical incision may itself scar.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.