Vaginal staph infection
Long story short: I was on antibiotics, which caused itching of the vagina, took vaginal pessaries for yeast infection, the itching didn't go away, it only got worse so I take it I didn't have a yeast infection. I went to get tested for STI's and everything came back negative. My vagina was still really sore and swollen so I went back and they took a swab, got the results yesterday and they said it came back as a staph infection, they asked if the symptoms had cleared up, I said yes the itching has stopped due to an emollient I'm putting in the bath for supposed eczema around my vagina and they said okay you have to come back if the symptoms reappear.. But that's it. Am I not supposed to go the doctor to get treatment for this or something?
Hi there and welcome.  Staph infections can be quite painful and can get serious.  If you are no longer swollen, the staph infection is clearing up---  which seems to be what they are implying.  However, if it is just not itching but is still swollen, go to the doctor immediately.  Typically a staph infection does require antibiotics.  

To be safe dear, I'd go ahead and make a doctors appointment to get checked out and make sure the staph infection is clearing up and to make sure you don't need some medication.  Staph infections of the skin can really be awful.  You want that to be cleared up completely.  good luck