Vaginal tears

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Vaginal tears

Does anyone experience vaginal tears from just peeing, going to the bathroom, wiping yourself, or from sex?  

This happens frequently to me and it is very painful - I have gone to the doctor but all they give me is some ointment that does not help (steriod ointment).
Viewing 1-200 comments:
steroid ointment not only would not help, but, by thinning the skin if used for prolonged periods, could make it worse. If you haven't seen a gynecologist, you ought to.
I have the same problem. It feels like someone gave you a million papercuts down there. It happens after sex alot. Hurts to wipe. Do you also get a lot of yeast infections-like occurrances? I have an appointment with a NEW GYN on the 27th so hopefully I'll finally get an answer. In the mean time Desitin(diaper rash cream) works for coating the problem area. Good enough for my baby is good enough for me.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets these.  I went to the gyno and she thought it was herpes!  Which, the test came back negative, so it wasn't that.  And I hate having to use the bathroom because if urine runs over the tear, it hurts!! It's also painful to wipe.  And yes, in response to your question, I do get yeast-like infections as well.  I didn't know what to try, I never thought of something like Desitin.  If anyone gets an answer from the doc, let me know!  I'm going to try to schedule another appointment this week to see if she can help me out.
can anyone help me. Lately when I have sex with my husband. I have started to bleed. And it is tearing our relationship apart. could I have a problem. I cant get into see my OB until later in the month..Could I have a tear?
i cant answer whether or not you are tearing in the vaginal area. where is the blood coming from? on the outside, or from inside? if he's being really rough and you are "small" that may cause a little blood. however, if its a lot and often, you should see a dr.
i've been having this problem too!!tearing,bleeding and just alot of irritation down there and the doc told me the same thing that he thought it was herpes but then he said he didn't think it was so i go tomorrow for a biopsy!!!!!how painful!!!i've had a ten pound child and told him that i shouldn't be tearing like this and there is no way it could be herpes cause i've been with the same person for several years and if it was that he would have something wrong with his privates but he's just fine!!!i let you all know tomorrow what he says!!!!              lois
im experiencing the same thing. Although.. i havent had sex. Im quite young and i dont know what im suposed to do. I need help. I wear bathing suits alot since i am a lifeguard and may have a yeast infection. Is there anyone i can talk to??
I am so glad I found this forum.  I too have recently started experienceing tearing after sex. At first the tears were minor and I got over them in about a day. Now, I have experienced more, the doc thought it was herpes (its not) and I'm looking for a new solution!  If anyone finds out how to quicken the healing process...please let me know!
I recently got one of these tears and its incredibly painful. Not even sure what it came from.

Through trial and error I have found that pain medication (advil or tylenol with codiene) helps, sitting on a pillow helps, using a menstral pad helps and using a squirt bottle, like a water bottle with a sports cup, while you are urinating relieves the sting.  The gyn told me it takes about a week to heal. Any other suggestions would be most appreciated...
Its good to know that I
I just read over a few more comment strings and thought it might be helpful to post my history as well.
Gain detergent
Ortho Evera birth control
I do have a history of exema (eczema) and alergies (allergies)
no pets
and I live in a fairly dry climate
As I mentioned before my Dr. did test me for herpes and my results came back negative.
I wear thongs, or at least I did before this problem.
No real history with yeast infections or any other infections... in fact I've never even had chicken pox.
I hope this helps someone. I'm being referred to an OBG this week and after reading so many comments on the ointments I'll be sure to say "No thanks" if it comes up.
Thank God I am not the only one!!! Unlike most of you I have herpes, but the tearing is not like a herpes sore. My boyfriend uses alot of chemicals at work and even if he washs his hand I think that the chemicals really effect me when he touches me. I get yeast infections all the time. Between the tears and the infections I have little to no sex life. I also have lots of discharge. I have been to the gyno and had ever test possible done twice. I have found no relief. I am glad I am not the only one but I am so sorry we all have to deal with this.
like most in this forum, i too experience very painful tears in the vaginal area. i have noticed that it usually occurs about a week before i get my period. i get tested every year for stds, and have come up negtive every time. i have been living with this problem for about 2 years. if anyone has any answers please respond to this forum.
Thank goodness I found this forum.  I've been experiencing a burning , like little paper cuts, in my vagina for 5 years and could not find any reason for it even after consulting many doctors.  I must also have vaginal tears!  I have also noticed that the pain usually starts a week before my period.  
I've been with the same boyfriend for 8 yrs,
am taking Alesse birth control,
live in a damp climate,
don't have herpes,
This has really effected my life.  I take several days off work because i can't bear sitting through the day with the pain and my sex life has also suffered since I'm afraid to have sex in fear that it will cause the pain to come back. I've been too embarressed to talk to anyone about it openly before.
This doesn't have much to do with tears, but I do have a question and I'm wondering if anyone else knows the answer. A few days ago I was in a wedding and for the rehersal I wore a thong (I was wearing white pants). Well the thong was too small, and I wore it throughout the next morning while getting my hair done and everything as well... I changed into a different thong for the actual wedding, one that fit and by the end of the night when I went home and got back into regular panties, it hurt. I'm pretty young (21) so I asked my mom and she said it's probably a rash that developed from wearing a thong that's too small.... has anyone ever expereienced something like this? and does it go away just over time??
hey..this is my first post ive been looking for some help, im 16, and have been with a boy i truly love for almost a year now, and he treats me like an angel, and he didnt pressure me into sex or ne thing like that, but i decided i wanted to. Well we have had sex maybe a dozen times, and i started noticing pain, during sex and when i wiped...well i used a  mirror and saw that a piece of my skin down there was partially ripped off...is this considered a tear? what should i do? im really not comfortable going to a doctor....someone please help me. My boyfriend and i have decided to stop until everything is healed, so i guess thats a start...but i still wanna know what to do.
Hi Girls,
I also share your problem. I was also sent to gyno, did herpes test, came back negative, blah blah blah. I'm so frustrated! I did notice that one girl said that she was on Alesse Birth Control, as am I? Is anyone else out of curiousity? I usually tear after sex or a bowl movement. Does anyone else share these symptoms. Thanks - Madison
wow.  same problem here.  tearing from sex and whatnot.  iritaions occur a lot.  seems like there's a problem we have that the doctors don't know the answer to.  i'm going to try and continue to research about this on the net.  it's really hard to do things when you have this contantly bothering you.  stupid women problems we get.  i was starting to wonder if i did infact have an std/i or something (unlikely) but this makes me more hopeful that it's infact something else.
In June a thread ran on vaginal and anal tearing/fissures. I read everyone's comments. I have been suffering from vaginal tears/slices above the clitoris in the folds for years. They would last 4 days, barely heal, and then another one. I was desperate! One comment was hydrocortisone cream. I had some on hand. I tried it. It worked. It doesn't cure it, it will still come back, but it actually closes overnight. A miracle to me. I only use it now when it feels or looks like a split is coming, and it goes away. Someone said since the hydrocortisone cream was helping, that it must be some kind of bacteria. I don't know, but saves your suffering. TRY IT! I don't believe mine had anything to do with lichen sclerosus, vulvar vestibulitis and all of the other ones, which scares you to death. PS The doctor doesn't know either.
just so everyone knows, there is a similar thread with the subject "vagina fissures" that has comments on similar problems.
hello everyone...i just found this website, and i too am comforted to hear that other women are having this issue.

this is a new problem for me.  i am ripping near my vaginal opening and on the outsides of my labia.  i have been putting neosporin on it, but i believe that that has led to a yeast infection, so a friend recommended desitin...i am trying it tonight.  i think what my problem is (an maybe this should be a consideration for some of you) is that i am not lubricated enough before intercourse.  i just had a check up with my obgyn, and this is what she thought.  she said i may not be lubricated enough on the outside, and to try ky jelly. when i think about it--i believe this is the case.  hope this helps.
Hi all -
Wanted to post my current solution to this problem.  I've been dealing with this for a couple years, I get tears during sex.  We've tried extra lubrication etc, but he haven't really figured out what the culprit is.  It doesn't happen everytime, and sometimes it's worse than others.  I know how frustrating it is.  It makes me hesitant to even have sex, and when we do I feel anxious about it happening.  A few months ago as I was thinking about this I thought that perhaps this has something to do with skin elasticity.  Therefore, I've started a new nightly regiment constiting of gentle massage in the area after showering.  I started using a cream made for pregnant bellies and for massaging the area and tissues around the vaginal opening.  Obviously this is for helping with the stretching during birth.  This seems like something which would possible help our problem as well.  I'm using a salve I bought at a natural health store, which has comfrey, calendula and a mixture of oils (olive, coconut).  The combination of herbs is known for their synergistic effects of relaxing, nourishing and rebuilding skin tissue and collegen strands as well as maintaining elasticity.  Sometimes I also rub in some Vit E oil from a capsule.  You could also use just Olive oil.  So far I've had pretty good results, and the mental aspect of doing something as opposed to just being frustrated has helped immensly.  Hope this helps someone as well.
It is such a relief that others share this problem.  I had a single fissure that will not go away.  Well, it comes and goes.  I have never had a yeast infection and I when i first had it I was in my first sexual-committed relationship with someone else who had never slept with anyone, so Herpes was out of the question.  It is on the perenium.  I think that it was two kids who were over zealous that started the tear and now I cannot get rid of it.  Any suggestions.

D
Hi everyone!
I am having similar problems to all of you, but mine is a little bit different than most of you. Except for 1 time, in which it was very small and went away in a day, I have never had vaginal cuts, tears, etc. About 2 weeks after that 1 time, a day after my period ended, my boyfriend was going down on me, using a lot of finger penetration. It felt great, as always, I mean, it hurt a little bit but kind of in a good, normal way, which I experience every time he uses finger penetration. Well, we had to stop quite abruptly b/c some of my family members came into the house, and then we realized that there was blood all over his hands and lower face. I looked at the part of the bed where I was laying and it was there too. Neither of us noticed any bleeding until right then. After this huge scare, I later examined the outside of my vagina and I found 2 of these cuts/tears/rips. One was quite large and didnt appear to be open anymore (this was several hours after the incident), and the other was a little bit further inside of me and started to bleed once I tried to touch it a little bit, and as another girl commented, part of the skin was almost torn-off. This second bleeding that day barely even spotted an extremely small panty-liner. The blood from before was like a nosebleed -- all of a sudden there was a lot and it was everywhere and within half an hour it was gone. But it was the same kind of blood -- bright red. NOT period blood. My vagina doesnt really seem to hurt but it's a little tender and when I wipe, the toilet paper has a very faded pink color on it. There is no doubt that the blood was from these tears, but I just dont understand how I could've been bleeding and tearing as he was going down on me without feeling in pain or uncomfortable.
Has anyone else experienced this? I'm kind of young and I understand that these sort of things happen, but I want to make sure I'm doing everything I need to do. I also have an app. in 2 days to have my vagina looked at and tested for STI's, just incase this is NOT from those tears.
I hope everyone is getting the help with these problems that they need!

I swear, I had NO idea what these were!  I had sex with my current boyfriend for the first time and two days later, I had a bunch of little paper-cut-looking things on my vagina.  I freaked out and went to the doctor, was tested for herpes and I was negative.  But really, it's been 3 1/2 months and I still have ONE left.  The gyno said that people with fair skin tend to get tears more than others...it's so incredibly frustrating!  She prescribed me some steroid cream which i used once or twice, but it didn't really help.  I'm so glad I'm not the only one!
I have been dealing with painful sexual intercourse since giving birth to my son 20 years ago! It was a vaginal delivery involving an extensive episiotomy. I beleive the resulting scar tissue lacks elasticity causing the skin to tear at the vaginal opening upon penetration. I have tried different brands of lubrication--no help at all, premarin cream--also no help and I subjected myself to chemical cauterization to burn away the scar tissue at the advice of a doctor who thought that once the area healed, there would be an improvement--there wasn't! I have reluctantly endured painful sex for years which has caused a tremendous strain on my marriage. My husband vacillates between  sympathy, anger, and rage since my willingness to have sex has gone from hardly ever to probably never! Before childbirth,our sex life was normal, healthy and pleasurable. Sadly, I mourn it. At almost age 51 now , with the symptoms of menopause adding to the problem, I wonder if there is any effective help for me and others who share this trauma. The effectiveness of the steroid injections I've read about seem to be questionable but so far the only treatment that might help. As it stands now, I am equally afraid of the pain from sex and the thought that I will live the rest of my life without it. Thanks for listening.
Wow, am I glad I found this forum. Actually, my fiance' found it. I too have been having this tearing issue for almost 4 years. Mine however did start off with herpes. My first outbreak wasn't like all the horror stories you hear. It was a little tear right on the outside of my opening that didn't seem to go away. My gyno didn't even notice until I asked her about it.  Then after that diagnosis every time we would have intercourse I thought I was having an outbreak. But I wasn't, I was just tearing every single time.  Needless to say we have no sex life. I am 31 and should be wanting to pounce all the time! But knowing I will tear, and it will be a few days before it heals, in the meantime it burns when I pee or wash.
The doc gave me Premarin. Which does work in a way. You have to refrain from sex (which wasn't hard) and use it every night. As soon as you quit using it the tears happen again. Like I said mine are on the outside, and there have been a few time when it has torn while having a bowel movement. Someone else had mentioned that too. I am thinking about seeing someone about reconstruction to see if they can help me. And yes, we've tried all the lube in the world. The one position you others can try that has worked for us is if I lay on my stomach with my legs closed. Doesn't do too much for me, but he's happy, and I don't tear.  Hopefully, someone can help us.
It's crazy, the number of women with this problem and yet nobody seems to know the cause or cure. I too have vaginal tears or fissures or whatever you wanna call them. Am in the process of looking for a dr to go to, but in the meantime, using a water bottle when you pee helps relieve the burning. Also, Dermoplast (happened to have some left over from having my son a few years ago) helps a lot with the pain and itching too if you have that problem.
A lot of information here. I have not read it all, and much of it is very technical, but maybe...it will help. Here is the link
http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic3340.htm
So I saw the question about Alesse.  I take it.  I get tears EVERY time I have sex.  Have for just about as long as I can remember.  Not herpes, I checked.  But I really enjoy how Dr.s like to freak you out with that one.  I think it's caused by mild yeast infections that make it extra sensitive down there.  But here's the twist.  The last few times I've had sex, I get this ridiculous tear down the crack of my a$$. Like I was just split up the backside.  And no, I don't do anal. I don't know what it's about... anybody?
I just started tearing, and ironically enough, I just finished with a yeast infection.  I've always had problems with anal fissures, so I wonder if I'm simply prone to them?  I've frequently had yeast infections, but this is the first time I've been sexually active during and after one.  Also, I'm on Ortho Evra, which I saw someone else mention.  Is there a common ingredient in O.E. and Alesse?  I haven't seen a doctor yet since it's new, but I'll be sure to debunk the Herpes suggestions if/when it's brought up.  I've only been with my fiance and he was tested before we first had sex.  Thanks for the info., everyone, and I'll be sure to let you know if I learn anything!
I think knowing that others also suffer from this has made me feel much better.  Hydrocortisone usually helps me.  And no scratching, I know, it's hard.
I have this problem too!!  Usually I get one small tear after sex that takes at least 3 or 4 days to heal.  How naturally lubricated I am before sex can have some affect on it, but that's not the determining factor.  Sometimes it comes after a yeast infection, sometimes it just pops up on its own.  

Lately I have been using sweet almond oil that I bought from a health/natural foods store.  I think it makes the area around the vaginal area more elastic, which prevents tears.  Since I've been using it I haven't had any tears (about 3 weeks).  Other people should try it out and see if it works.  I'm curious to know if this is just a coincindence and the tears will return or if I've actually found something that will help permanently.  I use it every morning after I get out of the shower.  I dry the area first and then apply about 3 or 4 drops of oil (sometimes more).  I hope this really works!
I think I have this problem too! Like when my boyfriend have sex one night I may get a tear. Then like three days later when we have sex again, it is so painful when he enters me. But it is only painful for a little bit. Afterward when I use the bathroom, it hurts when I urinate. But after we take a break from sex for a week or two I fine. Does this happen to anyone else?
I thought that i was the only one with this problem. I am surprised that so much and yet the cure is yet to come. My husband also has the tear and the thing is irritating for both of us. We avoid sex till the time it heals but then sex is so much required that at times I just forget all about it and just do it. No lubricant helps and I am now worried.
Hi ladies.  This is a repost from another thread on the same topic. I cannot believe that so many of us are having the same issue with no results!  I am 24 and have suffered from these vaginal tears and itching off and on for many years.  I have found that it comes at the same general time in my menstrual cycle... and it is definately NOT HERPES!  I have regular check ups and have never been diagnosed with herpes (even before I became sexually active!).  I too think that it has something to do with the vaginal flora and the yeast levels.  I am a certified herbalist and nutritionalist, and I am starting to think that the cause for all of this may be a systemic candida infection.  Candida albicans is the scientific name for yeast.  When it becomes systemic it can cause all kinds of problems.  Google it and you will find many holistic websites that list the many and varied symptoms.  It effects everyone differently, so it can be hard to diagnose.  This is also the reason why the mainstream medical community does not really recognize systemic candida infections as a real illness.  

We are all on some version of the standard american diet... over processed foods with too much refined sugar>> candida's best friend!  I am not sure if this is a definitive answer, but don't be surprised if your GYN blows it off.  Most of them will not accept this as an answer but I am going to look into it more... Unfortunately, curing systemic candida usually requires major diet changes and a strict herbal regimen.  I will post again with more info when I can.  Good lcuk to you all... keep the info coming!
so glad i found these posts...i couldnt figure out why i always get painful, burning urination a week or so before my period. i was actually embarassed to discuss it with my doctor because i thought maybe it was just a coincidence that i noticed it around my period, you know? my tears always seem to be on the left side. ive never had a yeast infection, or any infection, so i just couldnt figure out what the heck was wrong with me...thanks everybody
OMG!!!  I am soooo glad I am not alone...I have been having vaginal tearing for many years.  I finally went to my OB-GYN & she basically tried to tell me I didn't bath enough - whatever!  She gave me a tube of pure Estrogen and to apply it 2-3 times daily, told me to get a hand held shower head and clean myself that way, wear cotton underwear (which I have been for 10+ years), wear a tampon if my discharge gets too heavy & no soap, perfumes, bubbles baths.  Well, I did ALL of that except the hand held shower head & I still have tearing.  I do not have it all the time ~ for instance, I just had a good run of about 2 months with no tearing, now just last week I went to take a step and I ripped and now have 2 tears (look like slits of flesh showing)!  I have no idea what to do!  I have been trying to do some research & checking on webmd for matching symptoms, thinking maybe I have vulvovaginitis or bacterial vaginosis...but I have no idea what I might or might not have.  My friends tear too but only from sex...which makes sense if you are not lubricated, but I have a discharge all the time, so that is not a problem for me.  I have most of the same symptoms that everyone on this forum has.  My husband gets so irriated with me & thinks I don't want to have sex.  

It is so nice to see that I am not alone dealing with this problem.  If anyone finds a cure or any more "reliefs" as listed in some of the above messages, please share them with the rest of us.  Thanks for listening!  Lorena
i recently had sex and i was torn near the bottom of my vaginal area, between the opening and then anus. it is incredibly painful and has been bleeding a lot, will this go away on its own? should i put anything on it? should i go to a doctor? ~nel
I added some more information in the Vaginal Lesions thread, as there are even more testimonials, similar symptoms, and ideas there.

Hope to get somewhere with all of this (and to have that somewhere be a nice and painfree spot!!).
Wow!  I thought I was the only one with these problems.  I recently started having these tears about 2 or 3 months ago, which I realize is nothing compared to how long some of you have had to deal.  I have never had these problems with previous partners and like most of you I have been tested for everything under the sun, which of course was negative!!!  Yeah, and what is up with doctor's trying to freak us out thinking it is herpes!  I thought I was going to have a heart attack when they said that and sent me home with Valtrex to cure it.  I then got a phone call a week later saying it was negative.  Luckily my boyfriend and I know better and have been together long enough to wait for the real results!  Anyways, I am really glad (but not glad for you) that I am not the only one going through this.  I was curious if it possible to be allergic to semen and from what I read, yes, but more importantly am realizing there are other women going through the same thing.  I am on Yasmin and have been a lot longer than all of this starting happening.  The pain is horrific.  It usually starts a day or two after sex and lasts about a week or so.  It hurts so bad to urinate and wipe that I want to scream and like most of you I don't want to sit, stand or do anything because it hurts so bad.  Unfortunately I work at least 50 hours a week and have to deal with the pain.  If anyone has anymore suggestions or finds anything else out...please post!  We can all use the help!
wow i have been feeling the same thing i have left this guy i was datting for long time 2 years ago and i just got back with him and now  when me and him have sex i hurt so bad the health dept told me to use petroleum jelly when i have sex because maybe it is to dry well i did and that did not help so therefore reading all this i believe now i know what it is tearing and i have never felt like this in my life now every time i go to bathroom and wipe it make me want to cry along with haveing sex i just want to cry like a baby.i hope all of yall on here including me can find out what helps and then we all will be okay again .........           If any ideas please post on here please! i could use the help.  
A good first place to start is getting the level of  your hormones checked out.  The health of vaginal/vulvar tissue depends upon estrogen.  

Also,  no deoderant soap/ tampons/pads.  Use laundry detergent like  All Free and Clear.    

The yahoo group   vulvar disorders has a lot of informative ladies that may be able to offer better advice.
I get these same tears on the outside of my vagina, it hurts when i wipe and it get this stuff that is like dry skin rubs off on my tissue paper, does this happen to anyone
Holy cow, lsmdda126!  I never thought I'd find anyone with the same dry skin problem.  As for everyone else's comments, I, too, have been tested for herpes.  This tearing problem did't start until I was with my fiance.  At one time last summer one of my tears got infected and it was the worst pain ever.  They gave me I.V. painkillers at the E.R. and I was feeling just fine. . . and then the doctor lightly touched the tear and I was immediately writhing in pain.  Now, sorry if this is TMI, but my fiance and I are *very* sexually active, and I thought my problem was just that I was having too much fun.  But we are very careful to make sure I am lubricated.  I also worried that maybe it was because he is bigger than my previous partners, but I gave birth to a 9.5 lb baby 8 years ago and didn't even tear!  The comment from freya_faery really intrigued me, though.  He has a lot of fatigue issues that I thought were asthma-related, but I looked into the systemic yeast, and we both have LOTS of the symptoms.  I was wondering if anyone knows any more about budget-wise solutions to systemic yeast?  Money is really tight for us, and we simply don't have the money to go and spend on a $50.00 yeast killing product.

I'm sorry this is so long-winded.  I tend to babble when I'm relieved/excited.  Yay!  I'm not the only one!  I thought I was just weird or gross even though I shower regularly.
the other day i had sex with my boyfriend and i started to bleed. i got really scared because that never happened before. and i don't know what to do.
i have the same unfortunate problem. i have had this for 7 years. I tear and experience severe pain at the start of sex til finish.  i have been to 6 doctors and a vulvar specialist in manhattan and nobody can give me an answer.  they said its a rare skin disorder. write back soon ***@****
You know i just saw this discussion, and I know what all of you are going through. I have been dealing with vaginal issues since I was 15. i am now 27. it seems as though I will never have a normal sex life as a result. i get a lot of yeast infections, bladder infections, and the like. i do, unfortunately, have herpes and HPV, thanks to a terrible ex boyfriend. I have used medicated diaper rash ointment (A&D) on the outside area of the vagina. I found that this works quite well. This works well before intercourse or urination to help give some relief. I find that just as with any cut/tear it helps if it is covered with someting.
Is anyone else taking alesse birth control and may think this pill could be the cause of these tears?
Thank god for this website
WOW- I thought i was the only one with this problem!  A few days ago i started to have what i thought was burning sensitive pain.  I finally took a mirror and saw that I have several "papercuts" which is why it "burns" when I pee and wipe. I haven't made an appointment yet bc I want an idea of what im looking at and what i can expect...honestly, i thought the doc wouldn't be able to tell me much and just give me some kind of ointment that would temporarily fix it...i want to know what caused it!
I also get frequent yeast infections almost every month around my period.  I just started taking AZO Yeast, (over the counter- WalMart) and I think its going to help.  Its a daily pill to treat AND prevent.
CAN ANYONE CAN HELP ME DIAGNOSE THESE PAPERCUTS?
i was messing around with my bf a couple days ago and he finger penetrated me as usual, however a couple hours later i used the bathroom and noticed blood in my underwear, using a mirror i discovered i have a tear at the bottom of my vagina/perineal area.  like everyone else has said it hurts to pee and wipe, at this time i have no med insurance so i cant go see anyone about this.  will this heal on its own (the tear looks kinda long) and is there anything that will speed up the healing process???
I have been dealing with this for a while and it seemed like no big deal at first.  I got concerned after the cuts didn't go away and they seemed to be worse at some times than others.  I was very freaked out thinking I maybe had an STD but was confused that I have been with the same partner for a long time and had no concerns of him being unfaithful.  Finally I called my doctor and she told me over the phone that she felt she knew what it was but I was so freaked out she fit in the next days schedule.  Once she checked me out she knew right away what the problem was.  Well, I now have piece of mind and didn't need to bother going to the doctor and paying the office visit.  She said it was using a perfumed soap to switch to Aveeno or Basis, and that Dove soap is known for causing this.  I don't use Dove but a scented body wash and soap along with scented wipes in place of toilet paper.  That was the problem - I switched to Aveeno soap for just the vaginal area, and stopped using the wipes and all of the cuts were gone within 2 weeks.  The doctor told me that in extreme cases soak in Aveeno  baths 1x a day for about a week to help with the irritation and if any problems happen that since there were cuts that it could cause a yeast infection but not in most cases.  I went back for a 3 week checkup and she said that I was all clear just to keep perfumed, scented, or fragrance away from the area.  It is just that some of us girls are a little more sensitive.  Good luck and I hope this works for you.  
I feel that I have the same situation. About 6 days ago It started to hurt when I urinate (when it drips over the sore area) and so I started checking myself frequently because I thought it was herpes as most of you thought too. I finally went a couple days later to the local STD clinic and got tested for all STDs just to be safe. I check myself obsessively and am scared to death that it is herpes (I won't know until later this week) but I still do not have any blisters or bumps. Since finding this forum I'm starting to think that I have a tear of some sort. I just bought Desitin and after puting that on, it has actually soothed the area. So hopefully this will work!
To all and its ur soap,

Thanks for your input.  I do use Dove and have for some time.  I always thought Dove was the least offensive (well, maybe next to Ivory). Even though I try to just wash with water... I'll switch and see what happens.  How silly I would feel if that's what's been causing it all these years.  Worth a try!  Keep in touch and let us know if it keeps working for you!
Hi I'm so glad I found this forum. I had sex for the first time, and im pretty sure i have a tear because It hurts when i wipe/after peeing, we used a condom, and the guy doesnt have any STD's.
What could i use to calm the pain/heal the tear ?
This is a repeat post from vaginal lesions board, but thought people may not be on both!!

Hello everyone,

I have been searching for a solution to this problem for months now. For the past year I have been having recurrent severe yeast infections, or as my gyno says a higher level of  "natural" yeast at all times it seems! So that has been going on for about a year and prob about I don't know, 6 months ago? I started having a lot of soreness with sex. Same monogamous partner, over a year. Both tested for STDs, both negative. In the past few months every time I wipe after going to the bathroom (especially after sex) I have spotting of blood. I localized the blood to be coming from the lower opening of my vagina. Shortly after that I started having the paper cut-esque symptoms which have only added to the pain in sex. The irritation/pain/cuts (maybe) radiate up into my butt (NOT anus, just the crack) especially directly after sex (vaginal sex). This is frustrating, but glad I am not alone!

So here is info about me...

Diagnosed about 9 months ago as being allergic to scents/fragrances, so I use fragrance free soap, tampons/pads, fragrance and glycerin free lubrication (brand is Pink, its the ONLY one which hasn't irritated me)

Monogamous relationship for past year +, both tested for STDs, both negative.

On Apri birth control.

Do not use condoms.

I started trying to think WHY this is happening, when this has not happened in past relationships. There is not really a large size discrepancy between past boyfriends and current one, but I did realize that now 1) we don't use condoms (did with previous partners) and 2) now I shave/wax completely.

My sister also has suffered from this and she also shaved all hair completely, and her gyno said to stop shaving. So here are my questions for you...

Do any of you shave all hair (maybe somehow weakens the skin???)

And how many of you do NOT use condoms? (maybe its from the semen??)

Side note: Went to the store today and spent a ton of money on lots of stuff that I saw recommendations from this board! Including Aveeno body wash (fragrance free), Aveeno oatmeal bath (fragrance free) and tried both today, seemed to sooth! And I also both AVO yeast and garlic pills, I will see how that works! Also, I am about to start my period, but have cuts all the time, but the yeast problems to increase prior to period.

Hope to hear back about whether or not you all use condoms or shave!

Thanks!!!!!!!!
YES, I recall noticing the first cuts after I started to shave again...I have been shaving for years..but it was only in the last year, that I noticed a recurrence of these cuts (also around my menstrual cycle).  I've had cuts even when I'm not sexually active.  SO it sounds like there are multitudes of factors that could contribute to these 'cuts': fragrance pads/tampons/tissue, abrasive shaving, etc.  I will look into the same recommendations to sooth the skin and make it more elastic.  Should this be a question for dermatologists? anyone ever seeked their advice? Thank you all!
saw on the other post about this issue that gluten may be a factor.  What do you all think of that idea?  After all, its something that most of us are eating on a daily basis....unlike some of the other possibitlites that we've ruled out for ourselves like herpes, yeast, not all use dove soap, etc...
As many of you have already stated, I can't believe I am not the only one!  I do feel alone in that my cuts do not seem to occur around sexual activity, but depending on the underwear I choose to wear; if I wear a thong or full panties that are a bit too small, I get small cuts with EXTREME pain when I have to wipe after urinating, etc. Does anyone else get that due to their panties also and not just sexual activity?
I had sex for the first time 2 nights ago. I'm assuming my vagina wasn't wet enough and that i was tight.  My partner's package is quite big aswell so i'm sure this had a part.  My vagina has a tear in it, and that night it was bleeding a lot, like my period.  The next morning there was no blood at all and it hasn't been bleeding since.  It obviously still stings when i pee because i have an open wound, and i could visily see the tear when i was looking in the mirror.  I'm thinking that it'll just heal on it's own because it has compleely stopped bleeding, do you think it will?..I'm really scared to go to the doctor and i'm really convinced it's going to heal on its own in a few days or so
I have been getting these Papercuts for going on 6 months now and I had seen one about 3 years prior to that.  For some reason I keep getting them frequently in the last few months.  They are always on my labia ... either on the lips themselves or at the base where the labia meet right below my urethra.  I suppose I could have them and not realize it depending on the location.  Mostly I notice them when going to the bathroom (stings when peeing) or by moving a certain way in a chair and I can feel it.

I have been through so many tests over the last few months its not funny.  Pretty much every OB I went to said I had herpes... I have been tested for that multiple times and it is in fact NOT herpes or any STD.  

I'm not sure how or why I get them... I know it is NOT sexual related and it is NOT my soap.  I have been to over 5 different Gyn's in the last 6 months and none of them have a clue what the hell it is.  They seem to heal pretty quickly...within 1 or 2 days so its hard to get the OB to see them sometimes.  

I had one last week and I went to a new gyn ... she recommended doing a biopsy to see if it was a skin condition.  The biopsy came back as "dermititus"  ... definately not worth the pain of the biopsy for that result!  So, she's telling me its an allergic reaction to something.  Which frankly does not make any sense to me.  It would have to be something coming in contact with my vagina and not just in my hair but on my lips (since that's where I get the papercuts).  It could also be a food allergy or something... I'm not sure I'm buying the allergy thing.

The one common thing I find in my research is I can't find a woman that has said OMG I FOUND THE ANSWER!  Only thing I keep seeing is women saying please tell me if  you find an answer... this is sooooo frustrating.  I would just ignore it since I know its not an STD or a skin disease...but the little buggars are painful.  I'm on a steriod cream now... but I dunno if that will help.

Sigh.
I hear ya!  Be careful with the steroid cream, though. Why they perscribe this, I'm not sure.  I've also been prescribed it as well.  However, the thing with steroid cream is that it can thin the skin and make your skin more susceptible (I think i spelled that wrong) to tearing.  I have been using a daily dose of Fem-dophilus by Jarrow, and a dab of Estrogen cream in the labial folds (which will strengthen the skin which can thin with frequent yeast or BV infections) about 2x a week. Its actually been fairly comfortable down there lately!
Hmmm... my mother is a big fan of asodophilius...but I've never heard of ferndophilus.  I'm at the end of my rope with this... I think the most annoying thing is that the biopsy hurts way more than the papercuts ever would and is taking forever to heal.  It better not leave a bump down there or a scar.  That would make me even more mad.  :)  Thanks for the advice.
I had never heard of it either...usually just the old standard things...yogurt, acidophilus, lactobacillius tablets,  etc.  Grace (on the STD site suggested it and I decided to give a whirl since nothing else was helping.)  The good news is I'm feeling the best I've felt in months (or maybe even the last two years).  Fem-dophilus comes in a pink box and can be found in the refrigerated section of the vitamin dept at your local health food store. you need to keep it refrigerated.  Which reminds me...I didn't take it this morning!

Here's a quote I found on a totally different site from Grace:

"It helps restore the "good" flora to the genital area so it's good for bv and yeast. Google dr gregor reid and urex cap 5 - it's well worth the read.

Regular acidophilus products don't colonize the urogenital tract. They are helpful if the problem was coming from your gastrointestinal tract but not if the problem is from other factors. Lots of research that shows this."

grace

(its jp again...) Do some research on it.  I think they may have found something that works!

I've just started having the same problem so i started washing without soap in that area because the fluids that build up in your vaginal area clean your vagina naturally anyways i stopped using soap in that area and no toilet paper i just use a water bottle to clean after i use the bathroom and vaseline everynight before i go to bed and before intercourse so im using vaseline at least three times a day because you never know when you'll need to use the restroom or when your going to have sex with your significant other i have been tested for my std's and everythings fine im just sensitive in that area and also my boyfriend is extremely well endowed and that could be apart of it as well we also stopped using condoms because the latex would irritate me and the don't have non latex in his size so we go get tested every so often and im just really careful down in that area!  hope my tips help you also no thongs and no underwear at night i also only wear white underwear no dyes!
Ladies, I have had the same issue for over a year now.  My doctor basically told me that when it first happened I did not let it heal all the way through before having intercourse again.  Therefore, the skin has been compromised!  Scar tissue has formed and that is what keeps splitting.  He suggested massaging with Vit E oil every night.  When I do the massage the tears are smaller or do not occur, if I don't ...I tear each time.  So keep massaging and stay away from any and all steroid creams these only damage the skin even further.  
I just wanted to post my experience here after reading all these comments.  I too suffer from vaginal tears (don't know why, definitely not STD's).  Usually they just go away with me doing nothing but I wanted to try SOMEthing!  I decided to pop open a Vitamin E capsule and rub the salve on the tear.  It worked fairly quickly!  The red around the tear is still there but burning when I pee is not.  This is only my second night using the Vitamin E and it'll probably be healed by tomorrow.  Next time this happens I won't waste any time and just pop a Vitamin E (very inexpensive) and treat right from the first sign.  Man, this getting old thing sucks, never had these problems as a teenager!!!
Everything written here sounds very familiar.  I've been married for 17 years to the same man and have battled this issue for the past year.  Two doctors and several tests later and I wasn't even close to having any answers that might help until I sat down at this computer and started searching and reading everything I could find on perineal tears etc.

What I found is that I'm probably allergic to glycerin, an ingredient in many personal lubricants and soaps.  My husband and I have been testing lubricants that are glycerin and paraben free to see if the cuts return.  So far everything is normal, like my old self is back again.  I haven't had any redness and raw feeling after intercourse either.  

My advice is to read labels and stay away from glycerin!

I hope that this information will help someone else.
Also, Astroglide has a new product that is glycerin and paraben free.

http://www.astroglide.com/products_astroglide_free.asp

I saw that Walgreens in my area carries it.

I've been using Slippery Stuff and so far so good.

(((((((Hugs to all))))))))  It's not an aging thing, it's an allergy thing!
I have been experiencing the tears/pain for a about 6 months now. I have had every test possible (no STDs, no yeast infections), seen 3 different gynos, they had no idea what it was.  At first I thought it had to do with sex, but my husband is in the Army and is away, so I haven't had sex in months... but the tears are back!  I was searching online tonight because I'm fed up with what the doctors keep saying. -I only use hypo-allergetic everything, I use Aveeno soaps, wear loose cotton undies and never use perfumes or soap down there.  Also, I'm on alesse birthcontrol, which I saw a few other people mention- I wonder if this is a contributing factor.

What I found online:
Lichen Sclerosus is a skin disorder that affects the vaginal area and causes tears around the vagina.  It also causes itchyness.  There is no cure and the only form of treatment is cortisone creams (could be why so many people here are using them).  
I'm planning on making another appointment with a gyno asap to take a biopsy (scary thought but at this point if it can help, it's worth it) to see what it could be and if it is Lichen Sclerosus.  I'll let you all know what happens.  I'm so glad to have found this forum & know that I'm not alone in this.
I have been experiencing the same paper cuts on my perineum, usually after sex,  but think the intial trigger was after a courses of antibiotics, and subsequent yeast infection. I have tried lots of things to try and rlieve the discomfort and heal- i have tried canisten cream, hydrocrortisone cream, anusol- the best thing so far has been athletes foot powder (strange i know) used after showers on the area like talc- seems to dry the cuts up quickly and helps healing. hope this helps. I hope someone does some official research into this as it is obviously a common problem for many women and highly worrying when there is no medical knowledge, literature or adivce available on this even from many GPs.
well im glad to have found this page im having the same problem altho ive found soaking in a bath of baking soda helps soothe the splits and tears  ive tried salt in bath too tea bags the herbal ones too are good  i never have periods as i skip them on pill as it gives me the yeast infection {thrush}   but i still get the tears  and the dam sore toilet breaks are so bad sometimes in the shower i well pee {yes i do clean shower afterwards}  as water does help stop the pain im on my 4th day of it now and have more tears than ever one quite deep.  i would love to know if any more ideas of relief or advice  thanks.
I have these + anal fissures. Has anyone tried this: http://www.ageless.co.za/reconstr.htm#anal%20surgical%20wound%20care  I am ready to try nearly anything, but if anyone else has already tried it, I'd like to know. Thanks!
This may sound strange, but whenever i have an issue down there i take my "Just Like Me" lubrication that i got from "Slumber Parties" (in home sex toy parties) i take a dime size amount on the tip of my finger and i rub it all over the outside wherever the pain or irritation is and just inside the vagina, then i grab the closest toy or man and work it out!  (it feels really good!  the pain like disapears) when i am done i go the bathroom, as usual, and wipeing never felt better! i dont shower right away, seems like the longer its with you the better it feels kinda thing!   I have also been tested for all std's and i have had these issues since i was a kid!    i never wear underwear or pants to bed, seems like it needs to breathe, to me unlike some of you it seems like mine come about a week after my period!  but it really feels great afterwards!  you will notice the differance as soon as you slide your toy or your man in!  

www.slumberparties.com

Just Like Me lubrication

hope this helps and best wishes to all!
Thank goddess for you women who put all your private issues up here to share. I have been having the same problem and freaked out when my husband and I thought it might  be Herpes. I have always had skin irritations down there (DR. mandated no bubble baths as a kid) but haven't had a really bad problem in a long time. I just got over a yeast infection right before my wedding/honeymoon. I was so afraid I might have gotten something nasty from the hot tub in our cabin- and I have a DR's appointment tomorrow just to be safe, but this site pretty much confirmed that I don't have any crazy std's and that we're all looking for a good solution. Thank you, ladies. Hope we all get better.
Does anyone else get tears inside their vagina?  I recently had sex for the first time and it seemed like I felt something tear even though there was no pain.  I looked in a mirror, and it doesn't appear to be my hymen that teared.  I'm pretty sure the blood is coming from inside my vagina.  It's also not my period, as I had just finished that before I had sex 10 days ago.  The blood isn't nearly as much as I would have while on my period, but I'm tired of wearing pads every day and worrying about it.  I don't have health insurance, so going to a doctor is pretty much out of the question.
It is comforting to know that other women out there are having similar problems.  I believe my vaginal tears originate from my first yeast infection 5 months ago.  Because I had never had a yeast infection before I couldn't explain the discomfort I was having during sex.  My doctor prescribed me medication for the yeast infection, however I don't believe it went away as sex was still quite painful.  I am with a new partner and we had 'normal' sex for about 3 months.  It is starting to drastically effect our sex life, as we are also involved in a long distance relationship.  The second last time we had sex it was quite painful.  I returned to my doctor and she noticed serve redness around my vaginal and a small tear.  Given my description of my symptoms, she diagnosed me, again, with a yeast infection.  I took the medication and didn't see my boyfriend for  6 weeks....which I feel is more than enough time to have the medication do its work and allow the area (undistrubed) to heal.  So you can imagine my surprise when we had sex for the first time in 6 weeks that I experience some minor discomfort again and noticed a tear on the inside of my labia, right near the entrance to my vagina.  This has become extremely frustrating to both my boyfriend and I, as we don't know what to do.  I am going to my doctor tomorrow, and I am hoping for some solutions.  
Hey, i've been having this same problem as well. I'm convinced that it's from messing around with my boyfriend, but we don't have sex.  I don't know what to do! I'm in major discomfort when i pee or take showers because there are tears all over my vagina area. I'm expiriancing fevers as well, which scares me that the cuts are infected or something.  They are starting to scab so hopefully they will go away soon. Is there anything i can do to help my comfort before they heal? The pain is becoming unbearable.
well like most I have to say "thank goodness for this forum"...you have no idea how hard it's been to suffer through this alone.  I was assaulted as a teen and contracted Herpes as a result and thought that the tears I had consequently were related to that.  When others described the tears between the butt cheeks and being herpes free I knew for the first time that I was dealing with an entirely different problem.  Thank you!  I'll share my experiences and hope that this can help lead us all in the right direction...I have been on birth control (loestrin) since the age of 19 (I'm 26 now)...I use perfumed soaps almost exclusively...my husband and I have a pretty active sex life but I do suffer with tears a lot...especially on the bottom of my vaginal opening...he's not overly large or anything so I'm not sure what causes it...the tears between the butt cheeks are the worst...like super sharp paper cuts that hurt when you move and itch like no tomorrow...in general I don't have any allergies so I'm not sure if that's a contributor but I am very sensitive to smell in general so being allergic or sensitive/allergic to perfumed soaps makes perfect sense!  Not saying this is a cure but until one of us finds a cure, posting methods to cope is very appreciated!  I've read the whole page up to my post so I'll summarize the soothing methods for those who read after ...good luck ladies...I'll be sure to try all these out and let you know what worked best for me,,,although this sucks as it has affected my life in ways that I often feel are unfair...try to think of it this way...in some way ...I'm sure it could be worse...(I believe that but I DON'T WANT TO KNOW HOW!  smile)....anyway....

SUMMARY OF RELIEF METHODS (not listed in order of effectiveness..all from this msg board):

1. VITAMIN E (POP A CAPSULE AND RUB ON AFFECTED AREA)
2. ADVIL FOR THE PAIN
3. GARLIC
4. SWEET ALMOND OIL
5. DIAPER RASH OINTMENT
6. UNSECNTED SOAPS/BODYWASH (TRY AVEENO)
7. AVOID PRODUCTS WITH GLYCERIN (YOU MAY BE ALLERGIC/SENSITIVE TO IT)
I just recently suffered a 1/2 inch tear from sex. I had no idea it was a common thing in women. Its often caused by rough sex. I was taken to the emergency room from bleeding. I needed stitches. So I reccommend that any women suffering from this go to the hospital so a professional can tell you what needs to be done to be relieved from the pain. If your OBGYN can not diagnose the problem, you need to consult a professional. There is, however, an ointment that will numb you so it will not hurt to urinate. No pain in the slightest. You can find it in any drug store. Such as Walgreens or CVS.
Chryssie do you know the name of that ointment and will it numb all feeling, like when having sex?  lol  I am so glad I found this site, I was worried about std's too, Ive tested negative though. Ive been with my bf for 6 months and ive been having a vaginal tear for the past four months. sometimes hurts worse than other, but it makes me not wanna do it. but I still do. I dont understand why it just came about all out of the blue though. Ive never experienced it before. But doesnt seem like it wants to go away. But im so tired of it now, this has gotten old!. I am going to try everything listed until something works. I never have pain unless its during sex, as he enters me is where it hurts. Then after a day or two Im fine, it doesnt even burn. well, I appreciate everyone offering all this advice. Its been very helpful to me and im sure plenty of others. :) I thought it might be dry skin causing it too tear. Sometimes I have dry skin there (ash6 like), below the opening and on my butt. So i'll definitely try the oil. thanks
Also I was reading in another forum about dehydration.  I know as for myself I dont drink enough water, and they lady was saying that dehydration could cause vaginal dryness and a change in discharge and even cause tears/irritation. Which of course can possibly cause an infection. So just in case thats another tip! ;)
Question!! This is my first time researching this or finding this article and I would love some feedback! I am a twenty year old female who just got over her first yeast infection a week or so ago. My boyfriend and I are in a monogomous relationship for 3 1/2 months now and we were both tested for std's and both came back negative. I have always been a very sexual person and am very experienced sexually and usually never experience pain or discomfort, but ever since I got over this yeast infection, so it seems, I experience pain during intercourse. NOT internal pain, but it seems as if, like you all are saying, that there feels like there is a cut that is being stretched as my vagina opens up for insertion. I am just wondering if you guys can see the cuts or if it just feels like they are there? I have examined my vagina very closely and it doesnt seem like there are any noticable cuts or bumps or sores or anything, it just simply hurts during intercourse when he tries to put it all the way in ( he is very well indowed). I am just wondering if you all have any advice!! Like I said before, its not that its pain, it just seems as if its irritated when the skin stretches before the penis enters.  THanks and have a happy holiday!!
I have had the tests...blah blah blah as u all have been saying... and im free and clear. I have never had a tear before untill a few weeks ago...oh my god...talk about pain...when u sit, pee, walk...total agony! I have came to a few conclusions...T believe that it was caused by dryness, not being totally wet when being entered...especially by suprise!  and the position u are being entered, i found that with me laying flat on my stomach is not helpfull at all just makes it more painfull..the passage way is not as smooth. And also size matters...make sure u are lubricated well if he is larger than normal. I have looked down there with a mirror and can see the cut at 6 o'clock just inside my opening. I have been using A and D ointment, and a cooling gel by prepreation H that contains witch hazel, they are wipes u can use for anal and vaginal elacerations..it burns thought but feels better latter. Vitamain E can be used along with desitin for diaper rash...but be carefull and make sure they can be used internally. I would also consult ur doctor/ob-gyn just to make sure he or she can better diagnose you.~ ashley~23
oh man I am so glad I found this thread, I've been having a hard time having sex with a new boyfriend, and I always thought it was because he was larger than normal and I wasn't used to it, but I figured I could always get KY to help. Sex most of the time is painful and one day he penetrated me and I felt a very sharp pain and I started bleeding lightly (bright red blood). I thought it was spotting from taking birth control, since I always felt pain with him anyway. It turns out that I have a tear right outside of my vagina opening (diagnosed via hand held mirror in the bathroom) and when I stick my finger inside myself, there is slight pain, and I'm thinking the skin there must be irritated and thinned out from all the rough sex.

thanks for letting me vent here because I have been so worried and frustrated, and I think I will try some of the remedies posted here!
The ointment is called Nupercainol.
I recently went to the doctor about this and she prescribed me an estrogen cream and I have had no improvement. I am only 18 and have never had sex, but any kind of fingering leaves me in loads of pain. I have had rips above my clit, in the folds, on the skin between my vagina and my anus, and on the other side of my anus too. I just thought that the guys were being too rough. Like many of you, mine also rip with bowel movements, sitting, and just stepping wrong. I report back to the doc in two weeks and she will probably continue to make me feel as if there is just something wrong with me. I am scared to become sexually active and don't know what to do when that time comes. Thanks for making me feel im not alone!
I read through all the above comments because I too was experiencing a small tear near my perineum. I went to the doctor and have been tested for STD's numerously only to have every test come back negative. I have gone to her several times about this and the first two times she just said that I should use lubrication when I am sexually active. I tried that and it didn't work, so this time when I went to her, I had a list of all the potential causes in which you all list above (Fragrant soaps, birth control pills, etc) and asked her if it may be one of those. She wanted to try one other thing. She tested me for a yeast infection-something that I never thought I had ever had before. Sometimes the yeast will clear on its own and other times you have one and you have no idea that you have it. She said that vaginal fissures or tears are VERY common with yeast infections. She tested me and that was exactly what it was. She gave me a pill, that with insurance, only cost 26 cents, so I don't think without insurance it will be much more. I was sexually inactive for a little over a week and haven't had a problem since. Again, I made sure I was tested for STD's and that my tests were negative and I remained persistent and we finally realized together what it was. I'm not saying this will be the diagnosis for everyone, but if you have a tendency to be prone to yeast infections or think that you have never had one, this may be the cause for your tears. Good Luck!
I TIHNK I FOUND SOMETHING THAT WORKS!
for months i was dealing with vaginal tears, almost came out of no where. I had no idea what to do, everything seemed helpless. i told my mom and she told the doctor the next time she went in.  they gave her this cream, it is a yeast infection cream with a type of neosporin to heal the cuts.  basically she explained it as a lower yeast infection that is acidic to your skin so it breaks it down easily, the cream both relieves a lower yeast infection and the cuts as well. it has helped for me A TON. once in awhile it stings after sex, but there are no more random tears.
the cream is called :
CLOTRIMAZOLE 1%HC 1%CR
Well Ladies, this is even more troubling than I ever expected. Ihave suffered all of my adult life with these tears. I believe in the beginning they were tiny enough to not see. Now the tear is about 1/2 inch in the same damn spot every time. It is everything everyone of you have mentioned and maddening! I have see doctor after doctor and gotten no answers. It ruined my first marriage and has continued to ruin each and every relationship I start as you can imagine, how important the sex is to men and this just can't go on. I am tired of being treated like a broken toy.

Perhaps the chemicals we use in our wash and shower are damaging to us. Perhaps the sugars we are eating are changing our chemistry to be different than our mom's. But you can't tell me that semen is still the same semen from long ago. Their eating habits changed too. They use the same soap products as we do and then go inside of us. So as we examine ourselves for the cause, don't forget the partner needs to do some examining too.

Way too many women are suffering from what I am reading and it truly sucks. We lose our sexual confidence sometimes before we gain any. We feel less than a woman at times and I have even felt like I was a waste of a great body. I have never really enjoyed a sexual encounter even once. That fear has always been there for me.

So, let's get a few things out in the open. Most on here have had blood work. Let's reveal a few things.....

Blood Type:
Age:
Diet - good, eh, poor
Soap used in shower:
Shampoo used: (i always washed with shampoo and skipped the soap)
Sugar intake - very little, regularly, as often as possible
What have you tried to help the situation that has worked?
What hasn't worked?

We need to ban together here and start demanding answers from doctors. Make them earn their money. I have a new doctor that is very willing to help and I have already told him about this forum and some of the conversation. Let's figure this out!!!!!!

And I am SplittingMad
I am back from a trip to the pharmacy. I told the pharmacist my issue and asked him if he had heard of this condition. I figured, he gets people from all over and all doctors in the area prescribing various things. He said he never heard of it bu then questioned me on a few things. He could see that I was very physically fit. He asked if I had any blood work done to see if my cholesteral was ok. He was concerned that it was low. As we were talking I mentioned how involved I had always been in sports. He then said that those of us that are more athletic tend to have lower estrogen levels and higher testosterone levels. Lower estrogen means thinner skin in those sensitive areas.

I will be getting blood work done to see if my levels are fine. I will then seek help to see if the low estrogen level can't be helped. I can't go on suffering like this.

I am now curious to know how many of you that have written here are as athletic as me. We have to exhaust everything we can consider to get this figured out....if it is the last thing I ever do!

SplittingMad
Like everyone else here I'm so glad that I found this thread! I've been through so many different tests to try to figure out what's wrong with me, yet this is the first time that vaginal tearing has been mentioned.
I'm going to try some of the things mentioned on this forum as i seem to share some similarities with other people who have posted - e.g. being banned from bubble baths as a kid and having had yeast infections. I know STDs aren't a possibility, and it mortifies me that this is the first thing any doctor suggests. It's good to know that Dove can actually cause problems as I'd always thought it was one of the gentlest! I'm also interested by what a previous poster said about people who do sport having lower oestrogen levels...i was a gymnast so trained a lot and wore leotards...prob not the best for this particular problem!
I've talked to my boyfriend about it because he was offended at first, especially when I bled or had to ask him to stop because of the pain because he just though that it meant I didn't want sex at all. I don't want it to become an issue in our relationship, especially as I will be moving abroad soon and things will be difficult anyway!
Thank you to everyone on here for letting me know that I'm not a freak!!! Thank you!!
Still terrified of going to the doctor but i need some help...hope some of the suggestions here work!
^_^
I'm glad I found this board and all of the suggestions seems great, but has anyone ever considered that it might be Bacterial Vaginosis or a yeast infection? I seem to sometimes get all the symptoms that are present on this board. But I've come to realize it's always either a yeast infection or Bacterial Vaginosis.

I sometimes get it from using things such as soaps that might irritate my skin down there, or from to much friction during bedding. Usually to much friction during bedding. If I don't get treatment for it and just use creams to sooth the pain it will heal slightly on it's own. But without treatment as soon as I'm with my boyfriend I become immediately irritated again with the cracking or tearing. It's no fun! It's doesn't smell, unless you let it get really bad. And sometimes I don't even have a discharge. My only symptom may only be the tearing or irritation.

I used to think it could be an std, but after being with the same boyfriend for years, and getting tested for everything possible. I realized that I was really sensitive down there and it tends to lead to some sort of infection when agitated enough.

Also!

This is a big one. I realized that over the years men may use lotions and such to relieve themselves when you may not be around. If they do this lets say in the morning and don't wash it off with soap and not just water, and then are with you in the evening, you might as well insert lotion right up there yourself. Instant irritation and infection!

And when your men use soap down there to clean. They have to wash the soap off really well. If they have soap remains on them, guess what, you have soap remains in you too. Also no fun!

Hope that helps!
Well, the Premerin seems to be working well for me. It rejuvenates the skin there and makes it more pliable. I think you all should try it and give it time to work. I have had two really good intimate encounters with my beau and all went well with no splits. If that skin there isn't elastic, it is going to split. The Premerin helps put the elasticity back. Try it!

Splitting Mad with a smile.
you guys i'm so happy i found this forum i was just runnig out the door to the emergency room and being me i wanted to be prepared for the worst so i checked out swollen vagina lips and here i am although this isn't that section i have problems with tears as well i went to the gyn and the clinic twice since the beginning of december i just knew i had a std that had festered or something to that extent because it was so painful and i hadn't had sex since october of 2006 anyway i was so irritated my gyn tested me for herpes as well the test came back negative but i did have a sugar related yeast infection that made the tears harder to heal he prescribed me some liquid lidocane to put in the area to numb it during the healing process now the next thing i think i'm going to be a diabetic because the yeast keeps coming back and i have a history of high blood sugar ....  back to the subject... about twenty minutes ago i was itching so i scratched and women who've had a yeast infection knows you can sometimes get carried away, my vagina lips all of a sudden became swollen i got scared hopped in the shower and was out the door i'm happy because i came here and read that extreme irritation and ie pulling, scratching, and rubbing hard can cause the lips to swell tommorow night i'll go to the doctor if they're still swollen but in the mean time i'm so happy there's a place i can express my concerns get feed back relate and realize i'm not alone thank you! sometimes you can't discuss things like this with anyone and not be totally humilliated and or embarrased
I posted earlier on this forum and since then have had surgery (sphincterotomy) to "fix" the anal fissures i was experiencing (it did not work). My perenium is still tearing and next week i am going to get botox shots in and around the area. My doctors think it is the muscles spasming not the skin itself. Like some of you I have been very active all my life (gymnastics, softball, basketball, tennis) and doctors believe the tear is a result of a previous injury. Im only 18 and embarrassingly enough my dad is determined to find a cure (he found the botox idea). I will report back after I paralyze my downstairs! Hope this works and possibly helps anyone.
I have been experiencing sharp pain during intercourse with my latest partner for about 2 months now.  Every once in a while I bleed a little and just today I inspected the opening of my vaginal canal and noticed a sore that looks more like it has been severely rubbed away skin.  I have tried waiting for a week or so to give it time to heal but it keeps happening. It might be due to the fact that I have a history of yeast infections that might have made the walls of my vagina less elastic?  The thing is that I have never experienced this problem with any of my previous partners (who have been larger than him so I know thats not the problem) and I really enjoy sex and want to go back to normal painless sex as soon as possible.  If anyone has any suggestions as to what is going on or how to quicken the healing process please let me know!  
I am telling you, some of us don't have the right hormone levels and need some help. Try the premarin. As we age, at different rates, our bodies change. I have had this problem since i was 21, now 43. I continue to have good encounters now using the medicine. I apply it once a day. in the morning.

Splitting Mad now happier...
I just got back from the gyno and she thinks my tears are herpes. I'm freaked out. I've been getting these tears for years and always thought it was due to sex or wearing a thong. They hurt initially and then get very itchy when healing - which makes them worse, and the skin in that area is dry. They're usually located near the bottom of the vaginal opening, just above the perineum. I'm waiting for test results, but it's comforting to know others share my problem. None of my girlfriends know what I'm talking about or can relate.
I am a medical student and the tears are from yeast. Yeast infections can and do cause small tears in the vagina they look like paper cuts and can burn and itch and hurt. The best way to get rid of them quickly is to take diflucan if you have to take one pill a day for two weeks some yeast is very strong and takes a long time to get rid of. Trust me it is not herpes, with herpes they eventually turn into open sore and look like a blister not a paper cut.
  hey ladies....this problem was why i joned this forum! I too had the papercuts on the perineum and one on the clitoris.  It made showering, urinating, wiping, sex very painful and difficult.  After orally treating the yeast infection and using a steroid cream for only a week, I am better. Because I didn't treat mine promptly, it took a long time to go away and left scars. Go to your doctor immediately! Some doctors are stumped by this. I got STD screening and a blood test to eliminate the possibilty of herpes. I found out yesterday that I have nothing!!! YEA!!! If you have ongoing yest infections I suggest a doctor visit, cotton panties ONLY in the day, no panties at night, no harsh products on the area, and try to limit sugar, pop, alcohol, carbs, you know...all the good stuff lol.....mine was caused by wearing thongs, being in sweaty clothes all day(i'm a trainer), heavy smoking which depletes estrogen, poor diet, and extreme stress. This is an awful thing to go through and I hope this info helps someone.  To anyone overly paranoid about STDS like I was, go get tested.  It made me feel a lot better.  But for some peace of mind.... typically herpes do not last as long as these cuts, herpes do not scar, herpes do not bleed, an usually form as a blister which opens and scabs. Although all cases are different, I just wanted to write that for all the ladies who were in the same situation as I was....frantically looking all night long on the computer for an answer worried and scared and paranoid and driving themself crazy.
I am so amazed that I have come accross so many people who seem to be experiencing the same horrible symptoms that I have been. I have read every entry and although I do not have any answers I want to confirm our symptoms and finally find an answer!! Ever since I was a young girl I have experienced what I know to be an unnormal amount of discharge. I am wet almost all the time, and it seems to increase during physical activity. I'm now 22 and I have been sexually active for about 6 years with only 2 partners. The problem of vaginal tearing has only been a problem with my current boyfriends for the past couple of years even though we have been together for four years. I have been tested for every type of STD, and my GYN does not have any answers. I feel that he just dissmisses my problem, and does not understand how horrible it really is. So here are all my vaginal problems. Sorry for the descriptive bluntness.

1. Always wet- Dischard is clear to milky, slightly yellow and will crust in my underwear, usually odurless, but becomes very strong when I get a tear.Like a yeast infection with feeling itchy occassionally. Doctor says it isn't.
2. Pain during sex- With both boyfriends I experienced this, ALWAYS at the beginning of penetration and sometimes during. Though my current boyfriend is vey well endowed, I am afraid to have sex because of the pain I experience.
3. Vaginal tear- Between the the opening of the vagina and the anus. Does not seem to be soley caused by intercorse. Appears often-usually 1-2 weeks before my period. Extemely painful in the shower, when pee runs over it, or to touch it. Very red, burning itchy area...discharge still present.

Thought maybe the tears were related to being wet all the time.

4. Birth Control- I had to stop my BC approximately 2 years ago, becuase I got blood clots, around the time that the tears started to occur.

So PLEASE tell me if you suffer from the same symptoms because there doesn't seem to be a name for this illness!!
And I thought I was done... haha =)

I also have had those paper cut like soars on the labia or upper "flaps" and had the same symptoms. Just as painful. Have not had this problem for a long time now. I only experience the tear on the lower area of the vagina now.
that's where i experienced them...on the perienum. I thought that I experienced an unusual amount of discharge, but my gyno says its normal for women in child-bearing years to have light, moderate, or even heavy discharge. She said as long as it didn't smell or was an unusual color, that it was okay. Mine came over time because I didn't treat a yeast infection promptly, which caused cuts, and then some sort of secondary fungal infection that went all the way from the perineum to the top of the buttcrack. It has been gone for about a month or two now and I am grateful. I have pain during sex unless I'm really in the mood and I was on BC for 4 years, quit for 6 months, and have been on it again for about a year. This problem did coincide a few things: 1.starting my BC again. 2. Getting a sitdown job where I was literally sitting in sweat 6 hours a day. 3. Working as a trainer, therefore being in sweaty workout clothes all day.  To avoid this happening again which seems to be working: 1. I'm airing out at night. 2. Cotton granny panties rule! 3. Not overwashing the area. 4. Witch hazel vaginal wipes which sting at first but are awesome!! Can't recommend them enough...It seems like our problems are different but similar.  I totally blame hormones and yeast.
What about a birth control pill connection? (hormones)

I have been taking Seasonique, a birth control pill that gives you only 4 periods per year, for about a year now. In that time, I started getting a tear at the base of my vagina every time I have intercourse with my husband. It is very painful when he enters (it tears at this point) and continues to be painful during intercourse. I pee after we finish and always find blood on the toilet paper and am sore for a few days.

In addition to this, I have been getting what I believe are UTIs (not affected by yeast infection medication and much more internally painful) frequently--every month or two. The symptoms come up during the night or the morning after we've had sex. I visit the gynocologist each time and get an antibiotic prescription that helps the symptoms very soon after I begin taking it. AZO Standard (a urinary pain reliever you can buy at Walgreens) has also been a lifesaver during this time. I never had these come up before I started taking Seasonique. Just the other day, I got the test results back from the last time I had these symptoms from my gyno and they showed as negative for an infection (which has left me curious, to say the least!).

My husband and I have been married for over three years and been together for 7 1/2 years, always monogomous. I also have noticed a tremendous drop in my libido. Like most of you, I also have begun associating this pain with intercourse and get turned off at the thought off so much pain. It's affecting our sex life, which has decreased to just a few times a month. :(

So, I got to thinking about the time line of everything and realized there was a connection to the time I started taking this pill. The last time I visited the gyno, she mentioned that Seasonique is one of the most powerful birth control pills. (I went on it to keep ovarian cysts down and decrease severe period pain and flow.) I would imagine if it's that strong, it is probably affecting my hormones strongly (and, therefore, making the skin thin, decreasing my libido, etc.).

So, I'm curious for those of you that have gone to the doctor about this if you have ever asked if there might be a connection between this and the BC you're taking? I'm planning on visiting the gyno soon, wanting to switch pills, and will report back on what she says.

Here are some facts about me:
Age: 27
Height: 5'5"/Weight: 120 lbs
Relationship status: married 3 yrs
Birth Control: Seasonique (symptoms appeared while taking this med)
No Herpes or other STDs
Activity level: moderate
Diet: moderately healthy
Sugar intake: moderate
What have you tried that has worked?: AZO Standard for urinary pain relief, antibiotics for urinary pain (UTI-like symptoms), hydrocortizone cream and Neosporin work okay for immediate relief but not longterm
What have you tried that has not worked?: switching to water-based lubricants (I thought it might have been allergic to the other type), peeing directly after sex

I visited my gyno today and thought I'd post the effect. I got a prescription (and samples) for Loestrin 24. So, I will begin taking that in about a week. My doctor said that she believes I have Interstitial Cystitis (IC). Here's a little more about IC from the Interstitial Cystitis Association website:

http://www.****

Interstitial cystitis (IC), also known as painful bladder syndrome, is a chronic, painful, inflammatory condition of the bladder wall that affects over one million people - women, men, and children - in the United States. Although its cause is unknown and there is no cure, there are many available treatment options to help relieve symptoms. Although IC is considerably less well-known, it is as common as Parkinson's disease or Type I diabetes.

She thinks this is the cause of the vaginal tearing, the pain during intercourse, the UTI-like symptoms, and my low sex drive. However, I still believe a lot has to do with hormone changes from Seasonique, which is why I insisted upon trying a different BC.

I'm going to try modifying my diet a little based on the info from their website. I'll make another post in a few weeks to let you know how it's going!
OMG!
I have the exact same thing!
-odd little tears in my vagna flaps,
-creamy discharge that goes crusty in undies,
-it is more noticeable right before period otherwise i rarely notice it
-etc

I live in a a changing climate, sexualy active with my partner, and I dont have any std's NOR AM  I ON THE PILL. never have. I noticed that alot of other women with this problem have used birth control. hmm. if you're wondering why its because my partner is sterile. I've never had children or an abortion. I've been experiencing this annoyance for at least 4 years, am 22 and my dr's dont seem to know sh*t either.
-I've also tried several different types of luberacants- no different effect
-on advice from dr I tried thrush treatments. -works on discharge for a small while- then it comes back
-I'm am relatively fit, eat as healthy as I can. I weigh on  average 50kl
and am almost 5/ 3"
-I also experience adominal (abdominal) pain for very brief periods of time only once a while (1time in two weeks maybe?)
-also, I've experienced the creamy discharge thing even before becoming  sexually active

I've read almost every post here, so maybe these details may help with research.
It really depends what is causing your symptoms...If it is because of  thin skin or vaginal dryness it could be caused by a hormone problem. If not, it could be an immune disorder called Reiter's Syndrome or Behcet's Syndrome. I would definitely want a biospy and cultures done. I have Behcet's Syndrome that causes cuts mainly in the same place over and over again. If it is a fissure caused by continued diarrrea you might get better if you get that treated. There are many different things...The main thing is you see the doctor and get started on figuring out what this is exactly. Cortisone cream will help if this is related to an immune disorder. Hormone creams might work for dry fragile skin. The main question right now is why is it happening. Do you have any other symptoms...arthritis, bladder or bowel problems or anything like that? With Behcet's Syndrome your immune system is weakened which can cause yeast infections, thrush, all those kinds of things. It may be years before you have enough symptoms to say for sure what it is exactly.
If you are having genital lesions "cuts" repeatedly for no known reason like scratching, it is the first symptom of an autoimmune disorder called Behcet's Syndrome. I developed this problem when I was 15 and I had never been sexually active. Behcet's Syndrome is not contagious and it does not run in families. It happens to people when their immune system is damaged by something in the enviroment, some researches think it may be caused by the strep throat infection. With Behcet's you wouldn't be able to know if you have it from any test. The symptoms are often vague and doctors in America no very little about it although it's the world's oldest known disease. You can visit the American Bechet's Disease Association Website for more information. Read through the messages on the public form, but remember it's only worst cases posting there. Most people with Behcet's are doing fine and are too busy with their lifes to write there. People don't usually die from Behcet's, but they do need to rest and take better care of themselves than other people do. They have to avoid stress to keep their immune systems from freaking out. They say it is really rare in the U.S., but that is very much not true. People who have it, often go many years or even their whole lives, before they develop enough other symptoms like arthritis, and eye inflammation to be diagnosed. Even when all the symptoms are present doctors have a hard time diagnosing this disease because there are no tests to prove it. The thing is to keep a look out for these in the future if they continue to happen. The criteria for Behcet's is vaginal ulcers, cuts, or inflammation, etc., and canker sores in the mouth at least three times per year. Years later you may develop some inflammation in your eyes. These are the things to look for, but they can be much more vague than your doctors may imagine. Chances are your doctors don't know much about this disease so it's up to you to keep an eye on things down there and report any symptoms you have right away.
I am 24 years old and I have been dealing with this problem since I was 15 years old. At first it started out having yeast like infections very often (up to 3 times a month), but after having children it has reduced the skin around, in and on my vagina to little paper cuts and open sores EVERYWHERE! Like everyone here, I have been tested for all STD's regularily and have been with the same partner for many years. When my first son was born they did not cut me but instead let me rip and tear naturally. The cut was jagged and messy and required 7 stiches on the inside of my vagina and opening. After my third was born I had to go to emergency days after getting home with bloody open cuts and wounds all of the way from my vagina opening to my anus. I since then have had this problem. It comes and goes, although the majority of the time it is commonly a week before my period and lasts for a few days after it is gone. It is EXTREME pain, unimaginable. The cuts sting and burn when I go pee, and in the summer with the added heat, it is almost all summer long that I endure the constant pain. My GYNO has no answers and I was even frozen with Nitrous Oxide to freeze burn access tissue off of my ripped uterous.

I have used diaper rash creams, the new chafing cream from Monistat, hydrocortisol cream, vaseline, KY, different types of topical creams, etc,etc, yeast infection pills still seem to work the best, but it always comes back.

I am only 24 and I no longer have a sex life or drive. The thought of having sex drives me to insane thoughts of the extreme pain that it may or may NOT cause.  I have went without sex also for a couple of months and there was absolutely no difference.  Do I have to live like this for the rest of my life??!! Please someone out there find a cure!!
My symptoms also started at 15. After having two children, my symptoms got a lot worse.  The stress of my relationship, the pregnancies, the births, and caring for my children all pushed my flares out of control. See before, I was able to handle it a little better,  I was able to avoid a lot of the stress that I can't avoid now. For instance, as a teenager, I slept a lot. I took it easy. People just took me for being semi-lazy, probably self centered. I was the black sheep in the family. My mom even sent me to a shrink that said I was bi-poler. Well I'm not, I never was, I just couldn't explain why sometimes I was really tired and felt like ****. I was misdiagnosed with herpes simplex at 15 and when I told my mom she just assumed that's what I had and she looked down at me for it. I hate my mother because she completely ignored me and my problems.

So stress in our lives is the main thing that sets off a flare. Other things like common illnesses, injuries, surgeries, like the birthes, will trigger flares. After surgery, the body will want to keep attacking that area, as though it thinks it doesn't belong to it. Doctors recommend anyone with an autoimmune disorder take prednisone right before surgery to keep this from happening. What are you taking for your yeast infections? You need to get your system under control. It's very important to take a mult-vitamin everyday and learn ways to control stress. Also try digestive advantage from the drug store and a high quality pau d' acro inner bark extract to get your yeast infections and immune system under control. After a while you will become resistant to prescription yeast treatments if you keep using them. Also, you may have a yeast that is already resistant to treatment. Pau D' Acro treats 11 different types of yeast including several species resistant to your doctors and pharmacies treatments. Ask your doctor to test you for the drug resistant yeast species. There is a test for this besides just the normal test for a yeast infection. Make sure they are doing all the tests they can. You can e mail me at ***@**** I have a mountain of advice I can share. You can get this under control.
Have you had any other symptoms? Muscle pain, fatique. Have you had problems or have you ever been tested for bacterica vaginosis? This can happen along with the yeast infections. It just means your PH balance is off. The first step is clearing up the yeast an possibly BV, adusting your PH balance and getting yourself the nutrition you need to get better. You need orange juice or fruit, stay away from all other sugars. Stay away from white bread. Exercising is also very important, these things will help to control your flares. During times of stress you many need an immune suppressant from a Rheumatologist, so I would find one of these doctors who is willing to keep an eye on your symptoms. Have you ever had a slightly elevated white blood cell count? This is the only thing that shows up on tests in regards to these attacks. Most of the time nothing shows up. Doctors don't like this disease because they have no tests for it. You can imagine with things like this, there are a lot of people in this world, just like my mom, that think if you look normal, than you must be normal. If the tests say your fine, you must be lying or crazy. That if you are a good person, than nothing bad is going to happen to you. You are young and it's them, not us, that has to be worried about health. That we couldn't possibly know something that they don't. It took me fifteen years and a least one hundred doctors before I finally found someone who knew anything about this. It's really hard getting any answers.
If you do all of the things above, you will feel like having sex again. Gential (genital) to Gential (genital) contact causes flares even if you've been with the same person for years. Basically flares are allergic type reactions. Using condoms (make sure your not allergic to them), will keep you from having a reaction from sex.
I FOUND A CURE...
I'd been suffering with the same symptoms as all of you, and had tried all the same remedies. Nothing worked. Then after mowing for three hours, I had a huge flareup. It was so bad I thought I was going to have to go the emergency room. In addition to the usual rips and tears, my skin looked like it had been boiled or burned and was sloughing off. So in desperation spent the next few hours searching the Web.

You know what causes our symptoms? JOCK ITCH! Seriously, that's it. A fungal infection. Seems it's more common among women these days because we spend more time in gyms and/or sweating. That, combined with nylon underwear and panty liners that stay damp, plus the extra weight we all seem to carry, means our nether regions never dry out. It's a perfect breeding ground for the fungus.

So get a can of Cruex, or any of the other "made for jock itch" sprays and give it a try. It stings a tiny bit the first time you use it, but actually has anti-itch and pain med in it. My less serious spots were cleared up in two days, and the more serious spots a couple of days after that.

Be sure to follow the instructions and use it twice a day for 2 weeks or it'll come back. And wash yourself and change your underwear a couple of times per day. You might try sleeping without panties too.

Sure hope this helps you as much as it did me!

And the next time visit the doctor, tell him if it worked for you. For such smart people, they sure can be dumb.
You could have "jock itch" particularly if you are athletic and do a lot of sweating. How long have you been getting the cuts? Do you think you have a yeast infection (which is basically the same thing), a fungal infection, but there are many different species of fungus. Some are harder to get rid of than others. You should ask to be tested for all of them. If you don't ask, they might just test you and treat you for just the most common yeast species. Jock itch is often spread by coming in contact with a certain species of fungus. I am just wondering if you had any cuts before the infection and if you will have any more after it. First, get this infection under control. Make sure you ask a doctor if you are using the right medication. Jock-itch medications from the drug store cannot be used internally. Most likely, your infection is also internal so the doctor has prescriptions they can give you to properly treat it. If you are sexually active, your partner should also be treated. Yeast and other fungal infections that don't clear up with proper treatment or continue to appear are a sign that you have a damaged immune system and that the cuts may be part of the disease process that has made you vunerable to these infections. How good is your nutrition? Do you take a mult-vitamin and eat healthy? If not, this is most likely what has done it.
No, it is not a yeast infection. I'm 52 years old and I know a yeast infection when I have one. No, it is not internal. I have no discharge or abnormal smell. What I have is super-sensitive skin that tears and itches. My nutrition is fine. I had the problem for about 2 months, for the first time in my life.

The bottom line is this... the problem cleared up within days of starting the over-the-counter fungus treatment. No itching, no tears, no problems having sex, no problem wiping.

And, there's no down side to trying it. It's approved for external use, costs about $6.00, and is as simple as spraying your nether regions twice a day. Sure beats spending hundreds on doctors and tests that, as many here have stated, can't pinpoint the problem.

If you try it and it doesn't work, THEN go back to the doctors.
Definitely, it's worth ruling things out, that's the only way to figure it out. For me, I was tested for everything under the sun regularly. I've had my cuts on and off for years with or without any type of yeast infection or fungus infecton present. I have been tested for everything and according to blood work, I'm in perfectly health, but in reality I have a very serious auto-immune disorder called behcet's syndrome. Behcet's is diagnosed by symptoms only. There are no blood tests to tell if you have it. It's not genetic, it happens because of improper nutrition which made us vunerable to something, possbily a virus that they have yet to identify.  Research the failure of the Polio Vaccine, for more information about the monkey viruses we have been exposed to and are still being exposed to, and how that also has caused the babyboomer generation and the generations that followed to become far sicker than they should have, even after factoring in all other possible reasons for these occurances. Fungus, if you were infected with it, would be most attracted to the moistest places and spread out from there. I am not confident that you would have this infection on the out side, without it being on the inside. Have you had your hormone levels checked, your symptoms could be related to the change. Another thing to remember is that food no longer contains enough nutriants to substain us due to the over cultivation of crops. Without a multi-vitamin, it's almost impossible to get what you need everyday. Vitamins are your bodies best defense against all illnesses.
There is no doubt that nutrition, or lack thereof, is the root of many health problems. That's why we moved back to the country. I grow and can many of my own vegetables, buy organic whenever possible, and only use the eggs we get from our own hens. In a another year or so, our apple, pear, lemon, and nectarine trees will be producing as well. I don't use chemical fertilizers... we have more than enough chicken poop to feed the garden. We don't smoke and have about 6 alcoholic drinks per year. We have vitamins and supplements out the wazoo. I'm taking a probiotic multivitamin plus.

We've gone back to real butter, gave up teflon-coated cookware and most plastics, and don't have more than the ocassional soft drink. Heck, when I have time, I even make our own bread... with organic, whole grain flour. All things considered, I think we're living a healthier lifestyle than most.

And no, I'm not starting the change. God help me, my periods are regular as clockwork. (I am SO looking forward to menopause.)
Please stop using Premarin!!! It is very cruel to the horses. Plus it comes from PREgnant MARe urINe, hence the name. The mares are kept pregnant constantly, and when they give birth to the countless foals, the foals are fattened then sold to slaughterhouses. There is no need to be aiding these barbaric farms. In fact, I am blown away that people still use it! Especially when there are so many other forms of hormone replacement therapy that are natural and cruelty-free. The quality of life for these animals is so low, it is very sad. PLEASE educate yourself and STOP USING PREMARIN!
i also have this problem, and am so glad to find this site and see that other women feel this pain. my fiance thinks i do not want to be sexually active with him, and we have had 5 years of a great sex life. Just in the past few months i have had painful intercourse, to the point that I cannot enjoy or want it anymore. I went to the Dr. and he said i had yeast infection (which i get recurrently) and i am taking Diflucan once a month for 3 months, which helped last time. I stayed away from sex about 3 weeks to heal and now we had sex and it is like the tears all came out of the shadows again. My doctor just says to put on steroid cream, but that doesnt help!
I am 24 year old female. Have recurrent yeast infections. do not use condoms, use lubrication, am on birth control, have HPV.
I am going to try to get diaper cream to fix it and thank you for that advice.
If anyone finds a cure, or answer, I would love to know.
It is very hard to be 24 and not have a desire for sex in your great relationship in fear of the pain it will cause. I do also have the pain during urination, as it goes over the cuts. How long does it take for them to heal??! It's frustrating, and so annoying that doctor's don't know the answer.
For now I suggest, and will try on my own, using diaper cream, loose underwear, gentle detergent, and talk to my fiance  about the soap he uses, or any other thing that may be affecting him, since men don't talk, maybe talk to your partner and ask if he has irritation. ...

I hope we find answers soon....
Wow...this has never happened to me before...I just finished my period (I also switched birth control pill to Yasmine about 5 months ago) and then had sex...at first I thougth the bleeding was from my period..but it was the wrong color...I had sex again and bled again and it killed...I was sore and kinda itchy and peeing killed...so i got some hydrocortizone and it made it feel worse..so i got a yeast infection treatment...the itchy part has mostly cleared up but the cuts ( i looked with a mirror..looked liek it does when you bite the inside of your cheek with small cuts) are killing me. I'm 25 and have been active since I was 17..nothing like this has ever ever happened to me and I've had rougher/dryer sex than this before...i can't believe doctors don't know anything about this..don't theyhave internet too??  But I'm HOPING mine was due to a yeast infection and some fragility from my period..in the meantime I'm going to try switching soaps and the vitamin E.. Thanks so much for all of the suggestions.
Hi ladies,

Like everyone else I've been looking for answers.  I'm confused about 1 thing though- I'm not sure if I have the same kind of cut.  Mine is vertical starting right at the bottom of the vaginal opening (i.e. in perineum area)- but the skin has actually been split apart (going about 3/4cm down).  It looks a little bit like if you took a pair of scissors *shudders* and like snipped at the bottom of your vaginal opening to make it bigger or something.  

I have had this prob for LONG time (this is first time I noticed this big a split though) and wondered if it could be caused by some kind of physical damage  from when I was sexually abused as a 3-year old (one incident was quite severe and I remember bleeding afterwards).

Any ideas? Anyone else have this kind of issue?
I don't know if this helps but my OBGYN thought it could be associated with bacterial vaginosis. I was treated with flagyl (oral) but there is a gel form that I want to try. For now I am using neosporin with pain reliever. it helps. i still have a small tear about my clit...horrible place! this has all happened within the last 3 weeks. still interested in hearing what other doctors have recommended.
i am a mother of a 12yr old daughter that has tears in her vaginal area all the time she says that she also gets them between her vaginal area and her butt. she has a discharge all the time and it is causing her alot of pain. i dont know what is going on with my daughter but it is starting to scare me. im her step mom but i consider myself to be her mom but the thing is it seems like the tears are always worse when she comes back home from being at her moms and grannys house for a weekend visit can anyone help me PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Blimey!! I can't believe there are soo many women with this problem! I really thought I might be the only one..
It's soo frustrating getting these cuts/tears down there. I've been with my boyfriend for nearly five years and only in the last year this problem has occured. It's soo annoying when you want to have sex or are having sex and it's too painful to carry on. I feel bad for my boyfriend but I don't know what to do. I'm too embarassed to go to the doctor. Looks like they probably wouldn't be able to do anything about it anyway. If anyway finds anything out please let me know.. Thanks
HELLO LADIES,
PLAIN AND SIMPLE, MOST OF YOU PROBABLY DONT HAVE HERPES OR HPV. ITS AN IMBALANCE OF THE VAGINA, EITHER YEAST INFECTIONS OR BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS. THESE ISSUES IN ADDITION TO BIRTH CONTROL PILLS CAUSE THINNING OF THE VAGINAL SKIN. MY BEST RECOMMENDATION IS TO GO TO A DOCTOR, AND DISCUSS YOUR OPTIONS. IF U DOCTOR IS AN IDIOT LIKE MINE  GO TO A DRUGSTORE AND GET A HOME YEAST TESTING KIT. OTHERWISE THEIR  ARE A FEW THINGS THAT YOU CAN DO, ALWAYS USE LUBRICATION, KEEP THE AREA CLEAN AND DRY, GET A GOOD CUT TREATMENT LIKE POLYSPORIN, HEY EVEN TRY YOGURT, ITS A HOME REMEDY FOR YEAST INFECTIONS. BASICALLY THE PROBLEM NEEDS TO BE CURED FROM THE INSIDE OUT. AS FOR THE QUICK FIX FLAGYL I NEVER HAD TEARS UNTIL I USED THAT MEDICATION AND ALLESSE! I GUESS IT THREW MY HORMONES AND PH LEVELS OFF.
GOOD LUCK LADIES!
I have just posted a solution which for the very issue you are writing about..

Doctors and OB/GYN.. only offer more drugs more invasive surguries..
The tearing/nerve damage and the scarring from birthing or sex can be helped through the use of Castor OIL... It dissoves scar tissues and heals nerve damage.. It used to be called Palma Christi... 18 years of painful intercourse which only seem to have worsened and now I am at that point that my husband wants me to please let him have a "girlfriend".. .. there has to be a solution.
Saw a physical therapist who is working with me and she uses the "Mayan Abdominal Massage" technique.. which is helping... in so many ways.. also gave me this bit about Castor Oil.. I have been using it and only after 1 week I am seeing such great results.. Just too easy for the doctors to tell us and doesn't cost anything!   Try it out and let me know if you have the same results.  I have been seen by so many doctors for this pain, the gave me creams that burned, painful shot to numb that area.. just so depressing... Had the best best sex for years with my husband and now it is "nil"..
I am working on this method and for now it I am really seeing progress. there is HOPE for this to heal and I am certain I am on the right track. Getting closer ... Would love to hear back if anyone has success using this method.... It is soothing... I somehow believe that our lifestyles have the PH balance too acidic.. Very important to strive to get you PH more alkaline.. this is from my personal experience..
I am 38 also. Please post an update. I see a huge parallel with your sympt. and mine. I have been living with this on and off sense 2001, but the cervicitis that could've been the first stage since '97. In '01 the Dr. gave Mytrix cream. I guess it went away them, or i would've gone back... Hard to remember that far.. then in 02 Dr did shotgun approach. elocin crm .1 % (antiinflamitory); Diclofenacer tab 100 mg (antiinflamitory); Cleoncin vag ovule 100 mg (bacterial suppository), and after a week called me back with a amoxocillin 500mg for the strep they found in the smear... It is dificult to realize that I was fighting the same issue. And I don't have great notes.. This time in '08 I didn't want to go with the shot gun approach, wanted to "solve the issue." I think I changed soap, detergent and shampoo around the same time, (not totally sure-not something I log...), and happen to have 2 kids in diapers now, (stress), Do have the discharge, no smell, sit a lot more with "good posture," to help my back, but creates a little heater between my legs. I don't work out regularly, used to wear unsented pads often, because of the discharge, no "T" back underware, Please ; - ), the fissure goes away quickly when it is going to go away. I eat a lot of yogurt, not very much sugar, relitively good eater... lots of cheese. Thought it had something to do with fiber, gas, bowel movements, hormones, hydration, stress... tested negative for everything so far. dermatologist says skin is affected by stress... duah everything is! Anyhow I am tired of it and I can not find a pattern. So I am ready to resume the shotgun approach...percribe it all Doc.!! OH, I am not having periods, because I am a breast feeding mother of a 11 month old, another reason I am waiting a bit longer for all of the meds. My hormones should be whacked out naturally, but i had this before the kids, and I was on hormones a long time in my life 20-33+/- I went off of them to feel my body... I'll have to cross reference the years to see if that is when the "rip" occurred.  That's what we call it...Please give an update and I'd be happy to answer questions if you have any that could help find more commonality...
Anyone know of a good Gynecologist in the San Diego area that isn't just going to try to have me tested for herpes again or ask me if I wear thongs that are too tight??  I'm in desperate need of a Dr that can help!
Sorry for the long post, I just want to be as detailed as possible. About a week ago I had sex with a new partner. Part of the time we were unprotected, and I wasn't lubricated properly for part of it as well. I knew at the time there was some stretching and tearing, as it stung quite a bit immediately after sex when urinating.

The severe sting when urinating subsided a bit after a day or two, but I was still feeling some general soreness/discomfort where I had torn/stretched. At day 4 I went for a brisk hour long walk and noticed afterwards increased discomfort. The next day I woke up with bright red blood from the same area I had torn a little during sex, and I was in further discomfort. Things were just feeling very raw/swollen/irritated.

I took a bath and looked at myself with a mirror and where I had stretched/torn I saw several cuts. I wouldn't describe them as blisters, they looked more like canker sores - like white - the same as if you bit your lip and it tried to heal. They were to the side of my vaginal opening, and then there was one big one right on the inside of my vaginal opening. It was really stinging.

I figured that I had some abrasions from the sex that were now irritated or possibly infected but went to the doctor to be safe. She took one look and immediately stated that it was herpes. I was a bit surprised by this because I didn't think I could contract herpes and have stinging on that area immediately after intercourse but she was adamant that it's herpes.

I asked for a swab to be done, which she almost seemed put out to do, but convinced her to do it. I'm reading on this forum that a lot of people seem to have been told it's herpes when it's not. I'm now in this horrible waiting stage for a week for results.

That doctor's visit was two days ago and I feel like the pain is getting worse. It's incredibly raw/sore and a little scratchy and I'm worried that if it's not herpes I'm not being treated for whatever it actually is.

I'm terrified that I've contracted herpes, but to me that just doesn't add up. Here are some other facts:

-I switched BCP to Yasmin in the last few months, and this is the first time I've had sex since switching
-I use dove soap and wash my genitals with that
-This was just following the holidays in which I'd say yeast/sugar intake had increased for the previous 10 days or so

As of today, it feels almost like the pain is back to what it was like immediately after sex- the severe stinging is back when urinating (not from the urethra but from where the urine touches the area).

I'm intrigued by the yeast comments. I don't seem to have a yeast infection in that whenever I've had one there's quite a bit of discharge, and I am not experiencing that, although the discomfort at times mirrors a yeast infection.

I was planning on starting a cleanse (Wild Rose Herbal D-Tox) but was afraid it would aggravate the situation (in reading up on herpes boards it says that any cleansing can trigger or aggravate an outbreak). However, if it's NOT herpes maybe the cleanse could help?

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated as I'm really worked up over this and terrified I have herpes.
Hi everyone I'm Blossom

I can relate to all of you. Whenever I have sex with my man it's great until my perineum (skin between the vagina and anus) breaks (it tears). I would get two or three cuts. I have been with my man for a year and this started happening four months ago. The cuts are very painful  every time I had to urinate. The cuts would take about four to five days to heal. I went to the doctor he did a million test and everything came out negative. The doctor reccommenede that I have to let it heal completely. He said no sex for three weeks (I know 3 weeks!!!). He also noticed I have a bacteria and prescribed a Metronidazole Vaginal Gel. For my cuts he prescribed a cream (or ointment if they do not have the cream) by the name of Gentamicin Sulfate Ointment/Cream. I put it on my perineum only and the next day no visible cuts and what's best no pain when I went to the bathroom. It looks completely healed but i have to return to the doctor office in a week so he can take alook. So far so good. The only bad part is the three weeks without sex but if this mean no more cuts hey i can be without sex for three months. I will keep in contact. Ask your doctor about the Gentamicin Sulfate Ointment/Cream.
I have a situation similar to many of yours.  Starting with my current boyfriend, who is certainly not the largest man I've ever been with, I have started getting a single tear just to the side of my vaginal opening every time we have sex.  It's always exactly in the same place and happens no matter how lubricated I am either naturally or with products.  When I look at the spot with a mirror the next morning, I see the same thing every time.  It looks as if the spot has been torn open and then rubbed raw.  Sometimes it's better than others.  It may be just a tiny cut that bleeds a little, or it could look severely rubbed and resembles a canker sore.  I have gone to my OBGYN who has looked at the spot and says it is definitely trauma to the skin and not herpes, despite how it sometimes looks.  The fact that it is clearly caused by sex, occurs in the same place every time and heals within a few days confirms that it is not an STD of any sort.

In addition to the tear itself, I am now starting to get a yeast infection a day or so after the cut opens.  My doctor says that can happen due to the broken skin and trauma which upsets the vaginal balance.  

She has nothing to recommend other than making sure I'm "ready" before I have sex.  It's very frustrating.  I love sex and have never had issues before.  Now I'm suffering every single time.
About 6 years ago I didn't have yeast infections, now they happen ALL the time.  2 things changed 6 years ago, I started using birth control pills and started having sex with my then boyfriend now husband.  I would swtich out using monistat, diflucan, etc.  I seemed to be immune.  I guess they, temporarily cured it, but they would just would just keep coming back the very next week.  I seriously had like a constant yeast infection for 6 years. They aren't too painful and irritating though.  I always always have discharge.  There will be a little itch every now and then.  And usually some little bumps on the inside of my vagina when i have a yeast infection.  There are the occasional tears when i have a really bad infection.  And I have been tested for everything to eleminate any sort of diseases.  Everything is negative.  The only thing that really works for me is Borid Acid suppositories.  After taking them every night for 2 weeks and twice a week for the next 4 weeks, I didn't have a yeast infection for 4 months!!  It was great!!  But of course they came back.  
Something interesting i have recently learned is that my Dad's sister and mother have frequent yeast infections.  Could be hereditary, but my Dr. says there is nothing to prove that.  I also heard a news report on a yeast infection vaccination being worked on by researchers in New Orleans.  Again, my Dr. hasnt' heard anything on that either.
Behind the pharmacy counter they sell Flora-Q which helps change the ph level in your body.  This helped a little, but of course...no cure.
Hi everyone.

I've seen a few issues where that I can identify with and have had some others as well.

I had the thong problem myself abut a year ago when I too kept a thong on longer than I should have.

Then I began getting a nasty boil like thing on my vulva from wearing underwear too often. Something about the friction of the material on  my skin causes a nasty sore. Ditch the undies and the sores stopped coming. Now I usually only wear panties when I'm on my period.

I saw that some of the women said they seem to get the paper cuts after sex. I also saw that at least one person noticed that it specifically happens when they have shaved.

I don't shave often but if I trim my hair or shave, I am likely to get cut and scraped by my husband's mustache, beard, five o clock shadow, razor stubble, or his pubic hair too.

Over 20 years ago I had the horrible "paper cut" feeling one day. Although I tested negative for herpes (I went to the doc after the cuts seemed to be gone because I knew I would die from the pain if anyone touched me THERE) and I was never tested again. I later realized that I probably did have herpes because of the other symptoms I had with later outbreaks of "paper cut" and "tearing" feelings. (swollen glands in join of thigh right outside vagina and more).

I have been able to manage it with diet change and lysine (amino acid) for many years.

However, in the past 5 or 6 years, I have developed a vaginal discharge that consistently tests negative for any STD with every doc who I have had test me over the years.

I also had a small gray patch of skin on the skin of my clitoris for a number of years. One day it turned gray. Then it turned black. Then one day after oral sex, it was bleeding!

Well, no doc could tell my why, what, or how with that either.

So when the crazy vulva and labia itching started, I knew I was on my own. After years of driving myself crazy with scratching my skin off until I was bleeding, I began doing some research on natural remedies for that type of thing.

I tried pure sesame oil because it sounded like it would. It didn't stop the itching but it did help with healing the skin I'd scratched raw and the skin on my vulva/pubic area that was just plain old too dry. (After I realized that my vulva and the creases are skin too and need moisture just like the rest of my body after a bath or shower.)

What I found that helped: 2 or 3 drops of pure eucalyptus essential oil on a cotton ball that I saturated with sesame oil.

I wiped the itchy parts with the cotton ball several times. The itch usually took a few months to come back so it's not a cure but it was a BIG help.

Then I ran out of eucalyptus oil for a while and I was pulling my hair out. One day I decided to try some organic unrefined coconut oil because we use it for all kinds of ailments and we usually have some in the fridge.

It helped a lot and I was surprised.

So now that I have more eucalyptus essential oil, I've switched to a cotton ball saturated with coconut oil and a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil. It absolutely helps and I am sooo grateful.
FINALLY I've realised (or think!) what this is - well in my case anyway.  I've always enjoyed a splendid sex life, and was mortified when over the last year or so, I've had a cut in my vagina after sex.  I attributed this to my boyfriend having a sharp nail to start with, then realised (after not letting him put his fingers near me) it wasn't.  Then I thought it must be vaginism due to the fact that I'm tense because I may cut, and so I'm not relaxed enough and that worried me because vaginism needs some sort of counselling to get over in most cases.  I had read about thrush causing a 'thinning of the vagina wall' so I've taken the tablet to see if it was that (even though I didn't have any other symptoms of thrush).  I have stopped using soap near my vagina (even though I have never had a problem with Dove before).  I stopped wearing pants when I am exercising just in case it was to do with that!  I also have stopped using fabric softener on underwear.  All to no avail.  So, I'm relaxed, turned on, fully lubricated, and have no reason to worry and basically just excepted that if I did rip, sobeit. And rip I would.  
Then after again looking on the internet, I noticed something to do with the vagina and dryness (even though I thought this couldn't be the problem as I am always wet) and menopause (even though I'm in my late 30's) and the fact that the vagina thins and can be tender due to hormones etc.  So - and I'll point out at this stage as well that when I pee and wipe with toilet roll, it can hurt for some reason too - so this painful 'dry' thingy keeps hitting me in the face, even though I'm not dry.  Right.  So, I approached this as if I was dry.  I invested in some lubrication (even though I thought my own was fine!  (durex play stuff called tingle) and used some (even though I was turned on and wet) and also, put some on boyfriends penis, and we did what we did, and NO RIP.  This is the first time in probably 18 months I haven't ripped (the rip was always in the same place about third of inch in length).  I wonder now if, although always sufficiently wet and excited, was the wetness not of the right silkyness/type?? as it seemed to chaff, or not high enough in my vagina for smooth lovemaking?   I dunno.  It is really strange but I appear to have solved the problem.  I've used this the last 3 times now and I appear to be fine.  I am thinking about going Docs now as there is cream and tablets you can take for this.  Oestrogen is needed for the elasticity and plumpness of the vagina and the production of moisture from the cervix so, although 38,  I assume my levels have dropped.   I hope this helps others out there, (oestrogen can also drop if your diabetic or stress/breastfeeding etc). and women can go through early menopause so just thought if you give it a go, even if the lub works for just one other person, it is such a weight of your mind.  
I have gotten these  too, and realized that it was always after I shaved. Obviously I  didn't shave the actual opening, but I believe shaving around this area at all removes layers of your skin, causing it to become thinner. After intercourse I feel a small tear. I'm not on any BCP's, steroids, or creams for infection, but I ALSO found a correlation that after getting over a bacterial or yeast infection coupled with shaving seemed to be one recipe for a vagina tear1 Does anyone else recognize this, or ANYTHING CLOSE TO THIS? I'm sure there is more that can be causing this  but this is just a thought. I  plan on trying the caster oil thing- do you warm it and place it on the opening? I am  pregnant (32weeks) with a very high libido and just want to experience my hubby before our first baby arrives.
Careful to not use too much. AND not as a full on lubricant during sex. I was using mineral oil (someone suggested it as a "natural lubricant" during sex) and my Doc. thinks the rip was a skin sensitivity skin reaction to that b/c "oil and water don't mix" and our bodies clean with water and oil is hard to get rid of and break down. Also, oil base lubes can compromise condoms. Not that that is an issue now...
I had a tear in my vagina for over a year that became more and more frequent over time, was especially bad around my period, and never truly went away (it just hurt less sometimes).  I'm 100% clean (no std's, that is), have had the same partner or over a year and a half, and yes, we tried lube - lots of it!  
   After reading someone's post on this site, or maybe another like it, I tried changing two products that come in contact with my vagina, and at least one of them was right.

*** I BOTH switched from St. Ives to Olay body wash and stopped using all lubes with glycerine in them.  I've never had another painful experience again.  I don't need to use lube at all now.  No more tear.  Gone.  Finally!!!     *****
I have been experiencing this for quite awhile, i would notice it most during sex, like a million paper cuts down there- i just endured it though so as to not to disappoint my hubby. I have been charting and noticed that the tears occur after I ovulate- while doing some research i found this site

http://www.lbbc.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=162

where they talk about vaginal tears and i found this post from ellenb "...Tears happen because the skin is so fragile once the estrogen is gone from the body. The best thing you can do is to use a good moisturizing lubricant - I like using Liquid Silk, which is not easy to find, but is a great moisturizer - and gently massage it into the labia every day. You can add a silicone lubricant afterward to seal the skin and protect it from losing the moisture. Zinc oxide will also work to seal the skin and help heal the tears. ..."

After reading this i checked myself out and i noticed how dry the skin was and realized how true the post was. I think Drs are great to go when you have issues but they are not an all knowing force and alot of times, at least in my experience they cause a lot of unnecessary and painful testing. As women we need to take charge and truly understand our bodies so when we do go in to the Dr we can tell them what is normal for us as most of their knowledge is based on the average text book woman which in most cases doesn't coincide with you.

Hope this helps!

CC
Dear Ladies,
I think I may have found a solution for myself and everyone. I have been dealing with all of the same issues and all of the wrong diagnosis for the past 3 years. I won't get into all of my issues because they mirror all of yours.

Last week, I went to see a UROGYNECOLOGIST that I was referred to. He told me he believe that the cause of the itching, burning, tearing/papercuts etc. was from muscle spasms of the LEVATOR muscles of the vaginal area. He said spasms can cause this type of itching.

I thought he was crazy. He told me to call the office when the itching was intense and they would have me evaluated by their PELVIC FLOOR THERAPIST. He also told me to stop using the steroid cream I'd been prescribed by my GYN. He said the cream only served to thin the skin and make the tearing/papercuts worse.

Last night I woke up at 4:00AM with intense itching/burning/throbbing. It had been building for days. I was seen by the Pelvic Floor Therapist at 11:00AM. She hooked me up to a machine that looked kind of like a ultrasound machine. She placed sensors on my lower abdomen, inside my vagina, and just inside the rectum. Within seconds of turning on the machine she said, "You are definitely spasming." She asked me to do Kegle-type exercises and some deep breathing.

The result is this... many women internalize their stress which causes the Levator muscles to spasm. The spasms cause intense itching or burning or both and a discharge sometimes. In addition, the scratching or rubbing of the vaginal area during the times of extreme irritation leads to the tearing/papercuts -- especially if you are using steroid-based creams for relief (as they thin the skin).

She gave me a treatment by inserting a small instrument into the vagina which sent electrical impulses into the muscles. It was not painful at all -- there was just a warm sensation. She also gave me simple vaginal muscle exercises to perform at home. I'm supposed to go back weekly for the electrical impulse therapy until the condition is under control.

She told me she had a patient come to her that had had this condition for 25 years and within a month of this therapy was pain/itch free. She did say that this is a condition I will probably have all my life but proper management will prevent the flaring.

Lastly, the Urogynecologist suggested that if I needed and extra boost until the therapy and exercises begin working, he could prescribe Xanex to use on an as needed basis. I didn't take the Xanex because I want to give this therapy a chance to work.

I have looked up Levator Spasms on Google but can only find information about problems with the rectum.

I hope gives all of you some new direction in finding a solution to this problem.
I am 28 and I started having this problem about a year ago..now my sex life has come down to never! I used to have vaginismus and I tried getting over that by relaxing. I just don't know what initiated the tears. But it is very very painful! I had itching for months and was put on antibiotics, diflucan for yeast infection. It didn't do anything for me. I tried A & D cream, neosporin. Finally one doctor suggested I might have systemic yeast infection and gave me co triamazole. That only worked temporarily. I dont know whether it is my BCP (Yasmin) but I am never wet anymre. I am miserable and just don't nkow what to do.
I am so glad I found this forum. Like many of you I felt alone. I wondered why  I had these tears and why it was happeneing to me.  Thank you for all posting this personal information.  

I noticed these tears a few years ago. I have never figured out what they are from. At one point I thought maybe it was the toilet paper at my work, because when I was a stay at home mom I don't recall having this trouble as much.   At any rate, when I first looked it up all I could find was information about "rough sex" being the cause. I knew it wasn't that..... rough sex... any sex.... I wasn't having it that often for sex to be the cause of this problem.

However, after reading this forum,  I have tried some different things and wha seems to work best - not cure it - but at least keep me 90 % more comfortable is the following   - first when it is really bad I use something called burosol - it is an antiseptic powder that you put on as a compress. I use it right in the bathtub and sit right in it, although It does say it can be stored, I find that sitting in it is a better option for me then to use it as a compress and I just let the tub out... when it comes out to how much it costs for my ***** to be happy....well money doesn't take the front seat. ...LOL   I don't care about the cost only my comfort.
After I use the burosol for 15 -30 minutes I air dry, Don't rub with the towel - that might irritate it.  After that I apply either powder to keep the area dry or I apply some vitamin E cream, which is like polysporin and good for "cuts"  or I use Dr. Gourley's 1-2-3 which is a type of diaper rash cream.   This seems to keep me fairly comfortable most of the time.  I can go for a few days without having to use the burosol.  The antiseptic powder really seems to calm things down.

Hope this helps even one person..... as this forum has helped me, at least to feel like I am not the only one with this problem.
Karen
Who goes to the gyno? read.
i am starting to believe that this is intentionally happening to women by the gynos. i have been having sex long before i ever started going to a gyno and right after i went to one, these tears started happening only after sex and the pain followed for a day or two.
my neice has this she is 12 year old and hasnt started her periods yet. She was tested for herpes which came back negative and was diagnosed with lichen sclerosus and was given steroid cream. The cream hasnt helped yet but at least we now have a diagosis which is a start
I have been searching forever to find anyone that has this and poof...here it is.   I am 28 and have had vaginal tearing for 11 years now.   I tear all over the vulvar area, perineum, and inside the vagina opening.   I actually have a 2in laceration scar from a tear down my labia.   Fun.   I tear from anything...sex...toilet paper...near my period...yeast infections...washing.  You name it and it will cause a tear.   I have had the estrogen cream, steriod cream, estrogen pills, permarian cream, different soaps, different underwear..no underwear.  and so forth.  NOTHING WORKS!   I use lubrication during sex...doesn't stop the tearing.  I have had a biopsy and it came back and chronic skin irritation.  No kidding.  Blood work for hormone levels a few times and they are fine.   I have seen about 10-15 different docs and no one knows.   I am just relieved to find other people out there that are my age and have this.   I thought I was alone in this.   Has anyone ever tried testosterone cream?   The doc thought this might help.   The only I notice is that when i'm pregnant...the tears aren't as frequent.  When I started back on brith control...they got so much worse.   Don't know if there is correlation or not there.   I do know that this is not caused by a yeast infection or not enough lubrication or hormone levels being off.   I don't know if I will ever know what causes it.  Each year the tearing seems to be worse.    It is horribly frustrating though especially with sex.   Anyways, I'm going to try the oils that people suggested and so forth.   Nothing else has worked, so what do I have to lose.  :)
ive been expieriencing these cut or tears for a couple years now i do not have an std but i get regular vaginal infections that tend to smell so combined with smelling, tiny cuts that sting that are usually on my clit and the fact that i can only achieve an orgasm through clit stimulation pretty much means my sex life ***** im in a comitted relationship for almost 2 years im only 20 i love sex yet  now it usualy means im going to be in pain for days and my boyfriend thinks im just not interested in sex. if there is anything that can help i would love to know i want to be able to have sex every day a couple times a day :)
i constantly get little tears. they hurt horribly. i get them after sex, masturbating, bowel movements, and sometimes it seems out of nowhere! i use desitin and/or vaseline to help cover them. but sometimes i also get very itchy and it like burns. i am going in for my pap and ive requested a full STD pannel. but this is making me wonder if i have something else also! there has to be a solution. I dont think its due to lack of lubrication because  my husband and i use TONS of it! and even if he was cheating (which hes not) we usually use condoms! i also dont think its from birth control because ive used it for over five years and several kinds, but none of them seem to increase or decrease this. i'll keep commenting if i came up with anything but thanks!
Hi I have a 3 yr old daughter and she has a tear.......She cries if i try to even look at her is there anything i can do for her ANYTHING?????  She is in so much pain, and i'm scared she will regress in to peeing her pants again because she is so young? I think she did it on the playground at daycare, she was fine and then when she saw me started to run at me and just dropped in a screaming heap, scared the life out of me? and then we went in to check it because she was saying "my bum, my bum" but was in to much pain to tell me what was wrong, i checked but saw nothing, and she sreamed when she peed, at home tonight she peeded again and again she was screaming, i layed her on her bed and she was just having a fit and then i checked her and there is a small tear on the out side of her vigina (vagina)! I placed her in a warm salt bath, I KNOW! and she of course screamed but then stoped? I hate to have to do that to her again does any one have ANYTHING THEY CAN TELL ME TO HELP ME OUT!!!?????
Please someone my baby girl is in so much pain!!!
Thank you , Tabatha, mom of Ashlyn =)
try the cheap dollar general brand of triple antibiotic. it works and relives pain and itching right away.
OH THANK GOD FOR THIS WEBSITE! I am serious. I've been up crying for almost a week because I was thinking these tears were herpes. I am getting tested tonight but I have had this problem for as long as I can remember this one is just especially bad. I am now crying out of relief instead of fear. Thanks to everyone of you!
It is common in most women to have vaginal tears before their period. I too suffer from this, I find that if you avoid sweet things, soak in a lukewarm bath (no bubbles) and lather yourself in Sudocreme twice a day they disappear in no time
  I am so glad I found this post!  I have had no idea what to do.  I have had boyfriends and doctors basically tell me that I'm too tense or not ready or whatever, but I experience symptoms randomly, sometimes even with just wiping with toilet paper!  I get a burning, stinging and bleeding in the perineum area.  I have noticed it more around my period.  I use Dove soap because I was allergic to stronger kinds.  I am also very physically active (soccer, running, horse back riding and karate over lapping over the years).  I have also had gut problems for even longer, and have tried elimination diets and "yeast free" diets, looking for food allergies or celiac disease.  
I react very badly to beer, almonds, peaches, green tea and red wine, sometimes but not all the time.  I have never noticed traditional yeast infection type symptoms (no discharge, smell or cottage cheese looking stuff).   For years, I have had a constant runny nose, sore throat and persistent cough that get worse around my period.  Its ruined every intimate relationship I've had (I didn't get there until I was 21), and the last few years I've just not tried.  I also suffer from foot cramps, migraines, insomnia, fatigue, and a low grade fever (my doctor has come to think that a 99.5 degree temp is NORMAL for me).  My white blood cell count is also often a little high, but they always blame it on my COLD.  You mean THIS cold?  This THING I've had for years?  I have been tested for everything, it seams, except a yeast infection.  Now, I am thinking that I might have problems with yeast infections!  Its something simple to try anyway.  sure beats being tested for Lyme's disease or Rheumatoid arthritis AGAIN!!  i am going to ditch the Dove soap, message the area with vitamin E or something, get tested for a yeast infection and revisit the diet.  At least now I know its NOT all in my head.  Thanks to everyone who had contributed, its helped me a lot.
ok hi, im 15 years old and i am a virgin
and everytime i wipe it hurts and i checked inside to see what was wrong and something looks swollen, but idk what it is!
please help asap!!!!
I have an update.  I was reading up on yeast infections, and found that I have other symptoms that coincide with intestinal yeast infections.  Over the last yew years, I have developed food allergies that come and go, red, itchy skin on my body, hives, migraines, nausea, stomach cramps, aching joints, muscle pain, cough, sore throat, runny nose and terrible insomnia.  I have been to doctor after doctor and been diagnosed with IBS, insomnia (gee, that helped), GERD, hyatal hernia, and fibromyalgia.  One symptom I have that no one has been able to figure out (and therefore dismissed) was that I get flu like symptoms just before and during my period, the headaches, nausea, sore throat, runny nose and couch would get really bad.  during this time, the splitting in the skin of my perineum would get really bad, and wearing tampons would sometimes be impossible.  I have rarely had the classical symptoms of a vaginal yeast infection though, and my doctor always told me I didn't have one.  However, in my research, I had some of the symptoms, and thought I'd try some of the home remedies.  So, I took the advice of another poster, and I started taking garlic pills to kill the intestinal yeast infection.  I also stopped eating/drinking sugar.  I stopped using dove soap and started using Aveeno.  I changed my lotion to Eucrin sensitive dry skin type to use in the vaginal area to help with the dryness.  I then bought some 100% shea butter that has no dyes or fragrance.  I started wearing 100% cotton panties, not as attractive, I know, but has made a difference.  Another reviewer mentioned scar tissue, and I too was injured in the perineum area falling out of a tree as a child.  The shea butter supposedly has tissue restorative properties.  It has helped more than the lotion.  I message is it twice a day.  Over all, I have noticed a big improvement in the last week and a half alone.  I bought a dilator set and am now up to the 2nd smallest with no slitting or bleeding and just a little sensitivity afterward that soon goes away.  Before even a light tampon would cause splitting and spots of blood.  I switched to a new lube (Slippery Stuff) and there is no more burning with it.  I was using Liquid Silk before and think I might have been allergic.  Slipper Stuff is really gooy, works great, but doesn't leave a mess, dries clean, and does not stain.  I have also bought some femodofilis pills that I hope will help even more, because I am still dry and that can be uncomfortable.  I have bought the book, "Ending Female Pain: A Woman's Manual - The Ultimate Self-Help Guide for Women Suffering from Chronic Pelvic and Sexual Pain" off of amazon (where I also bought the Dr. Berman dilator set) and it covers a wide range of things that can cause female pain.  The section on scars is small, and didn't add much to what I intuitively figured I should do for scars, but there is a ton of other information.  There is a lot on after-baby pain, and I saw some posters were complaining about problems since having a child.  There is physical therapy available for many issues.  The book talks about tense muscles that need to be stretched.  I can tell since reading this that my muscles and skin are very tight in the area.  I have done some of the stretches and gotton some relief.  I think a chronic yeast infection is a big part of my problem, and could be a contributing factor in some other cases.  Most people, even doctors it seems, expect classic symptoms with white discharge and smell and such, but in my own research it seems that a yeast infection might not present classic symptoms.  Anyway, I hope what I have found and done can help some of you.  
me and my friend had the same problem, very painful after sex i had gone to the doctor and they said it could be herpes, but i didnt have a cut visible for them to look at so i was sent home empty handed. however when she went her doctor told her her tears were from a bacteria infection.
it was strep. i thought that was weird since thats usually in your throat but i asked my health teacher and she said its very possible seeing as it is a bacteria infection to get it in other areas. im getting it checked out soon.
hopefully this helps some people!
i have the same problems it hurts alot and itches i cant stand the discarhg it dosent hurt wwen havin sex but help..
There are several things that can cause vaginal and/or perianal tearing:
*Rough sex
*Sex with a 'large' man (big ****)
*FINGERNAILS(even if he says he CUT them, they MUST be FILED and BUFFED before you let him play with/finger you!!)
*wiping too hard or with rough or cheap toilet tissue
*dryness
~These things-aside from the obvious, like the large appendages can be easily avoided, I have learned, as I too, suffer from vaginal tearing sometimes(though definitely not often), and it is one of the worst pains I have ever felt, when I have to pee so bad and can't cause I'm trying to stifle my scream!
Read on-this COULD HELP YOU!
To start with, some things you should ALWAYS avoid are:
*Washing your vagina OR anus with soap!!!! it SEEMS like good hygiene, but trust me-if you do it at least every OTHER day, just showering with water down there WILL get you clean!!!
*Also, DON'T use washcloths down there! it's WAY too easy to be too rough with yourself, so just make sure you've washed your hair-or at least your hands, RINSE them WELL, and rub yourself with the pads of your fingers, taking care to clean all the way to-and even SLIGHTLY into-the opening of your vaginal canal; no need to finger yourself clean-if you think you need to be clean INSIDE (remember, your body does this naturally-douche is a corporate joke!-so as long as you stay clean you shouldn't need to douche, but if you WANT TO, use a WATER-ONLY-douche!)
The reasoning: soaps and cleansers cause dryness, which causes itching->causes TINY scratches(that you probably WON'T notice, BUT) that cause BACTERIA->causes smell and irritation, making you THINK YOU NEED to douche when you SHOULDN'T!
*Do not douche unless you HAVE TO!! And if you DO, WATER ONLY!!!!
The Reasoning:  the bad thing about doucheing is that the more product you use, the worse the dryness and irritation get, and you scratch more-or wipe harder when you pee, cut yourself, and even if you don't NOTICE THESE tiny cuts, it's 100 x's easier to 'split' or 'tear' when you have sex-EVEN HAVING SEX WITH THE SAME PERSON YOU'VE BEEN WITH FOREVER!!
*Avoid having sex with ANYONE IF you're not COMPLETELY into it!
The reasoning: Your body produces the best lubrication when you're IN THE MOMENT! If you're worried about anything else-groceries, kids, or even vaginal tears, STICK TO FOREPLAY until you're so aroused you can't think of anything else BUT how much you want 'him' inside you! *clue* If your MIND is ELSEWHERE, your VAGINA ISN'T INTERESTED EITHER!!! If you're like ME, (ADHD like CRAAAZY and CAN'T focus on just ONE thing, NEVER FORGET the WATER-BASED (I can NOT stress this enough ladies H2O-based!) lubricant!!!!!
*ALWAYS AVOID lubrications with ANY kind of oils, VASELINE, PETROLEUM JELLY, and ANYTHING that does NOT CLEARLY state "WATER-BASED" on the label!!!!!
The Reasoning: almost the same as the soap thing, but NON-WATER-BASED lubrications WILL DRY UP and get STICKY!!!!!! OMFG OUCH!!!! If you really worry, bring a cup of slightly hot water to the bedside, so if you notice the lubricant starting to not work as well as you'd like, dip your hand in the water and just dribble a little down on your va-j-jay and it'll slick RIGHT UP! GLORIOUS!!!
ALSO, I'm sure you ladies-MOST of you-have heard of Kegal excercises.  Well, GOOD NEWS! These can help to TIGHTEN you up, AND help you LOOSEN up when you need to!!! An inexpensive trick to help you:
Buy a "shooter" marble-these are the large, 1 inch diameter marbles that are kind of heavy compared to regular marbles-any board-game-shop should know what you're talking about.
Bring it home and soak it in EQUAL parts WITCH HAZEL and WATER overnight (6-8 hours is PLENTY!)
put it in a plastic ZIPLOCK baggie and carry it in your pant-pocket for an entire day(to make it the same temp as your body-DO NOT HEAT ARTIFICIALLY as you could cause SERIOUS BURNS or injury due to cracked/exploding glass-YES, EXPLODING!!!).
Now that it is STERILE, and the same tempurature as YOUR body, you can lay on your back, knees bent with feet flat on the bed, get comfortable and RELAXED, and when FULLY RELAXED,
!CAREFULLY! - PLEASE NEVER use more than
ONE (pinch->OUCH-> CRY!!!!!)! - insert the SINGLE marble into your vagina, roll sideways off the bed, and practice standing there without letting the marble fall out of your vagina without using your hand if you can..
Once you've mastered this, try holding the marble for 15 seconds and then-while still standing, put your hand under your vagina and let it drop out.
~~I'm sure there's more, but I've been up for 36 hours and am having trouble concentrating, so if I forget anything, or if you have questions, contact me at
c o c o _ g l o @ y a h o o . c o m with no spaces. Subject: "Vaginal Help" Please include a first name-I don't care whose, I just want to call you something! :)  My Name is Collette, and I am NOT A DOCTOR, and any information I provide is STRICTLY ADVICE and should NOT be a substitute for ACTUAL DOCTOR CARE!
I'm simply an insomniac that has nothing better to do than research and learn! If I don't HAVE a GOOD answer to your problem, I will do everything I can to HELP you FIND one!
Unlike a lot of you..I am divorced and not had sex for 5 years....I had a surgery(not hysterectomy) to stop my periods...(can not remember what it was called).....I have not changed soaps..detergents...for years..and I got  tears....whats up with that?....So I can not contribute this to anything....help!
Fixing a mineral dificiency healed my perineal crack!  I had a crack that formed on the perineal area last year.  It started out small, 1/4 inch, and then kept increasing in size until it was 1 inch and a "Y" shape.  It kept getting irritated with sex and bowel movements.  I searched message boards like this one and followed many suggestions listed: I switched to cotton undies, used unscented laundry detergent and body soap, kept the area clean, rubbed Vitamin E oil on it for months,... despite all of my efforts, the crack never closed up for more than a day.  The crack stayed for 8 months.  I'm in my first year of marriage so this was so frustrating!

Other issues led me to find out that I had a Magnesium deficiency.  There are MANY different symptoms of this deficiency - one of them being "impaired wound healing."  With my doctor's suggestion, I began taking a Magnesium supplement, 250mg twice a day.  After 2 weeks, my issues began to diminish greatly.  But the best effect was that the perineal crack completely healed and stayed healed!  After 8 months of agony, it's finally gone.

This post, of course, is not to say that everyone with a perineal crack has a magnesium deficiency.  However, I would encourage you to look up the symptoms to see if any fit.  Also, evaluate your daily vitamin and mineral intake - maybe there is something else you are lacking in?  If you are like me and tried everything else, this is worth a try!
I'm kinda glad i found this site, i don't know if this what i have

i'm 19 years old.  i experience intense itching and that seems to make it worse, naturally.  i'm worried it might be a wart but its not protruding and it doesn't look like cauliflower-like at all.  because of scratching, its at a point now where it looks like a greenish gray scab, about the size of a pea and it hurts to the touch, even simple wiping has become painful.  it's on the inner wall, i don't know the proper medical name for it, close to the hole.

i haven't had sex since me and my boyfriend broke up a month and a half ago and i don"t know whats causing it.  i'm looking for a simple, low key treatment cause i'm extremely embarrassed
I'm Starting to get worried and i'm terrified of doctors, someone please help me

I also suffer from a vaginal tear. I noticed it after the birth of my son 6 years ago. It happens around the time of my period. It went away when I was pregnant with my daughter and when I had an IUD after my daughter was born. I had my IUD removed a couple months ago and the very painful tear is back...same place...left side only. This is the first time I could actually see a tear. It does look like the very thin skin of an elderly person. I don't think I've ever had a yeast infection and I've only had sex with my husband of 8 years.  After reading all these posts I can't help but think it is hormone related. I'm going to try the anti-fungal treatments, avoid steroid-based creams, avoid sugar, use fragrance free soap, and keep the area dry.  I originally thought I was allergic to tampons and pads. What the heck can you do to change that?
Keep in mind, if ur not "wet" during sex u
may tear. Try vagisil or vaseline. Tears usually heal in about a week
Vaseline is petroleum based product. Do not put in privates. It is very hard for your body to clean out oil. So says my gyn... Use water-based lube for sex. I try to make my own...

ALL of this advice is for the women that have the "rip" in the natural fold inside the labia, (left side), beside the clitoris that is always in the same spot, have ruled out VDs, are in relationships, are healthy otherwise, watch what they eat and probably strive for perfection a bit too much... get some sun, try yoga, relax!
I had "the rip" it prior to children. It came at time of big stress and low sun exposure, (low vitamin D). I also think it could be hormone related, but stress and hormones whack each other out. I really don't think it has anything to do with diet, in particular. With the exception of if I am not getting enough fiber, it seems to show up. And I don't think it has anything to do with sex. Going without intimacy doesn't eliminate it and does cause problems with your spouse...What ever causes it, sex bugs it sometimes, but not sometimes and sometimes just wiping with TP directly bugs it. Moisture seems to bug it. That's why I think it pops up before our periods, because we are moist then. Also I use a TP during that week prior, when it feels like the rip is coming, not at night, that seems to help. Lots of air, and get a little Vit. D. Relax!  Mind causes physical issues. I have had the rip for 10 years on and off, just passing on how I manage it. Oh and it is not a rip at all. We call it that and now the skin is weakened, but it is not a rip. It seems to come from inside. I could feel it and would've swore it was there and looked and it wasn't even red, then next a.m. it was there...My biopsy showed "irritated skin," no herpies (herpes), no yeast... Dr. don't care because it isn't exciting. I don't know the long term affect, but Dr. prescribed a mild steriod cream with fungacide that seems to help it go away in a day, even prevents it from coming, because I can feel when it is on it's way... Also important to rinse after working out and air out at night. I think salt in our own sweat irritates it, specially bc it is more vulnerable now.(and in his saliva...) We are managing, not preventing. Don't stop living, but pay attention bc we are more vulnerable to yeast and fungus. I love jeans, but as cotton as they are, I can't wear for long now... Blah blah blah that's all I know... does anyone also have tiny little zit things that are not zits on forhead, in hair line??
Pls. help, i don't know why my body doesn`t move again even when am having sex with my hobby. Pls. I need a quick help, cause its affecting my home.
LADIES! get some Pink brand silicone based lube! it has few ingredients, two are aloe vera and vit. E. It greatly eases sex and conditions the skin. I've had this problem for a long time and with the Pink I STOPPED TEARING COMEPLETELY about a week later, and for as long as I used it. The drawback is price, about $32 for 4 fl oz. but worth every drop! When I ran out I figured I'd just buy the next best brand silicone lube..and they came back! Now after all else failed I bought another spendy bottle of Pink and am already experiencing relief.
BUY IT!! YOUR GYNAS WORTH IT, AND SO ARE YOU!
For those who cant yet get ahold of pink, use pure vit E caps, pop and squeeze onto a CLEAN finger, and be sure to swallow the leftover pill for good skin from the inside too.
ALOE VERA juice is excellent for healing all cuts and abrasions. Cut and wash a leaf, trimming the thorns off. slice open and cut chunks of the clear flesh out and apply for as long as its moist. smooshing the chunks a bit makes them juicier. Heals amazingly fast! Once, for a bad tear I used a bit of skin glue to keep it from getting worse. Also served to protect it from urine dribble..hope it helps!
sooooo glad its not just me.  I have been suffering from vainal tears for a few years now but since having my son (3rd child) a year ago the tears are worse and i seem to have them all the time.  Went to see GP about a month ago who said the tears were from where i had given birth and that the skin was thin and prone to tears so to use plenty of lube when having sex.  This has put a real strain on my relationship with my husband as its too painful for intercourse, not sure how mucher longer my husband will put up with this.  He has been looking into paying for me to have this vaginal plasty thing, but i'm really not hapy about the idea (i thought it was to tighten things up etc)  Since finding this site i have decided to get a second oppinion from doctors to see what they say.  I'll let you all know the outcome!!  xx
am in pain...got tears on my vagina...cnt walk.cnt sit up cnt even bend..al i do is lie in bed ol day.here in kenya the drugs u guys are talking about are scarce...i just need sth that will make the pain go away a.s.a.p.and that is easily available please help.
Hey ladies,
    I am 23 and have no children. I have been getting the tears on the sking right below my vagina from sex and or bowl movements. I asked the gyno and she said it is most likely because the skin is so thin and I am not lubed enough. I also have tears right below the hood above the clitors. I have tried neosporin and it doesnt seem to work. When urine gets in it it burns to no other and sex, even oral because I have to spread my legs, hurts!! I am glad I found this because I thought I was alone. I think the best solution is the cream for giving birth to strengthen the skin. Hope this helps!!
I recentley had sex with a guy I've been seeing for awhile. He's very large and I'm not so we sometimes have a difficult time. When we started having sex it hurt of course but then was fine. Almost immedialtey after it really burned when I went pee and still hurts. It has been a week now. I think it may be infected. Is that possible and what can I do?
I get tears from sex with my bf all the time....((tippytab)) i got them when i was really little b/c of the dipers and underwear i was wearing.  also i got them from the toilet paper at school so you might check into that.  the only way i got relief was desitin!!!!!  i works wonders.  you may want to take your lil girl to the doc and see if theres anything that they can do but for heaven sakes DO NOT take steroid oitment :( it doesn't help but makes it worse.  for everyone else if you have tears use desitin and just be careful when you wipe (after peeing or getting out of the shower) if you wear thongs make sure that they don't ride up and rub, and just try and take it easy durring sex (((make sure your partners nails have no sharp edges)) and they my be to big so use lots of lube :) hope this helps some of you
Hey ladies. I too was having the strange tears. I've found the the BEST SOLUTION for the skin tears on the vaginal area are to stop using toliet paper and wipe with a femine product for senstive skin, as well as using cortizone ointment at night. I am tell you I used it for about 2nights and my tears are already dissapearing. Not only did these products help, but a prayer can do wonders. I'm not sure exactly why I was getting these tears but they were scaring me and didnt seem to go away. I said to the look "if you help heal these tears, in return I was fast 6hrs on monday, wednesday, and friday." try it...it really works. Blessings & Love to all
I just want to know why with all the speicalist out there, why no one seems to know what the problem is and what can be done about it. It's unbeiveable to me that so may woman suffer from this. I've been experiencing this too for about 3 years and have tried every product out there. Please someone find the answer.
WOW.  I am so so happy i found this website.  I've recently been suffering from a yeast infection.  Was prescribed Tarazole 7, still felt that i had it so they gave me Diflucan.  Then i experienced what i believe are two vaginal tears from sex.  Not rough sex, regular sex.  went to the doc...she is telling me 70% herpes..of course i nearly fainted.  I'm waiting for the results but find it close to impossible that this is the case.  The yeast seems to be a hormonal thing.  i was taking Alesse, then switched to Kariva because of yeast and now am on Othro Cyclen.  I am about to go off birth control all together because i definately believe it may have something to do with the yeast.  And i think the tears are a result of the yeast.  I never had these problems when i was younger!  totally *****.  
I just spoke with my GYNO about this problem yesterday.  She states that the best thing to heal them is Desitin.  They will take a while to heal because it is always warm and wet down there. She also suggested using Vegetable Oil or Olive Oil as a lube.  She said that it will not harm you in any way and easily washes away with water. She also stated to not wash down there with a washcloth, just your fingertips are good enough.   Don't wear tight clothes. cotton is the best thing to wear. Take an extra pair with you in case you become wet. Also, do not wear pads or panty liners ALL the time.
I am here too warn everyone... I too was searching the net over and over too try and find out what my tearing problems was after sex, when wiping and so on.  I was tested for herpes 4 times and it only came positive on the 4th testing.   Time is definitely key when getting tested for herpes.  This happened to be my only symptom of it.  So please everyone be re tested as many times as it takes so you can take control.

After reading all the posts I have decided not to use the steroid cream that the doctor gave me a week ago. I noticed light spotting months ago and about one month ago I finally searched for the source of the bleeding and noticed 2 tears on the left side of the opening of my vagina. The tests were negative for herpes, and I was tested more than once. The doctors (and I saw 3 different ones) claimed that it was a yeast infection. I have no other symptoms except for the discomfort during sex and wiping and bleeding afterwards. I plan on calling my doctor again tomorrow and letting him know that the medications did not work. I don't have small slits like paper-cuts, it is more like an actual tear. I have been with the same guy for over a year so it is not because of a new sexual partner. I am at a loss. I really thought the steroid cream would work but now after reading everything I am afraid to try it for the 2 weeks.
After reading everyones comments this vaginal tearing issue is going to drive me crazy! I have been with the same person for about 6 years and never had a problem until three months ago! Everytime we have intercourse I get a tear in the same place. I have been to a few different doctors and noone seems to have an answer. I used estrogen cream, astroglide, changed my soap and was tested for herpes. It is still happening but Im curious to know if its my anxiety and stress causing it everytime I try to have sex. My boyfriend and I are on and off and there is alot of stress. We only have sex like once a month and the tear reopens. does this mean I will never have a good sex life again?? Does anyone have any suggestions?/
I started having this problem shortly after I noticed some other health problems.  I went undiagnosed for 8 years, but what I have is hypothyroidism and since taking Thyroid Armour (February) I have not had any problems thus far.  I also massage the area with Emu Oil, found at my local natural food store.

I had low Free T3, but the trick is finding a dr that will check your Free T3 not just Free T4 and prescribe natural over synthetic thyroid.
I wonder of this is all about using these pads and tumpons, what brand do you ladies use? I never had this crack issue until I started this Always pad, any idea?
The other thing that helped me a little bit was changing the condom we use, it used to be the lubricated one, God knows what they put in those lubricants, the new one is nonlubricated, I do not get the intense itch and crack since then.
Hi everyone, now I'm not saying i have the answer but it's definately something to try considering i tried it and it worked.
I'm sixteen years old, so the whole 'this didn't happen when i was younger' didn't exactly wipe the floor for me.
This happened with a different sexual partner, and it was very vigorous/rough sex, which caused tears. I also did get a yeast infection though which was cured, though i would still get the tears.
So i decided to lay off having sex for a while, which let the tears able to heal, which they eventually do believe it or not. I used olive oil, had A LOT of baths, and surprisingly i used baby powder, it really relieves the tension down there, it really made a difference.
After they healed, i was able to have sex again without any problems. And i'm completely normal now, which is fantastic.
i actually do believe it is caused by not being lubricated enough, and if is to rough and uncomfortable, it will cause tears.
Hope this helps somebody, i remember when i was in a lot of pain when i had the tears, now that I'm fine i feel the need to help someone else out.
i have a piece of skin on the hole where the penis/baby/tampon goes im only young havent had sex but im worried that the piece of skin shouldnt be there it got caught on my tampon once and when i pulled it out it hurt soo i looked and the skin had latched on the tampon she i pushed my tampon back in and unhitched the skin im really scared to use a tampon now. and worried about having sex later on :/
It's slightly reassuring that so many other people suffer from the same problem. Misery loves company, right?
I'm 24 and have been having this issue for probably about a year now. I can't stress enough how important it is for everyone to have a doctor check it out, I'm not saying they'll help (they sure didn't in my case) but its necessary to rule out STIs. Along with the majority of posters on here I also tested negative for herpes. They however didn't have any helpful suggestions.
I've figured out a few things on my own...
- Certain birth control pills are linked to vaginal atrophy (thinning of the tissue) my tears started a couple months after I went on yasmin and have become a lot better since I stopped
- hydrocortisone and other topical steroids may stop the inflammation (swelling/irritation) initially but continual use of these substances will result in thinning of the tissue which is really counterproductive. Please be careful with how frequently you use these creams
- Yeast build-up and allergies (i.e. laundry detergent/ fabric softener) will make the tissue more delicate
- Latex condoms or overly tight ones can increase friction in the area and lead to tears
- I've found being on top or lying on my side to be the best positions for sex since they change the area that gets the most friction (I get tears right at the botttom towards my backside)
- I also can't stress foreplay enough, women are like ovens we need to be preheated
Hope you all find some answers and solutions that work :)
Oh i'm so glad i found you all! lol. i've just recently got mine. i didn't know what it was at first. i asked my sister, since she's a nurse, and she told me it could be a tear or heat rash.. i thought it was a heat rash, but the symptoms weren't right. then i came here, and its excatly what is going on with me. it burns when a urinate, and this is the first time i got it. really i didnt notice it till a couple days after sex. which i think it might be cause i'm in a long distant relationship, and hadn't had intercourse for over two months. but i'm glad i saw it goes away. it only bothers me when i pee, and i'm wondering when it'll go away. and if it'll continue to tear. i hope not!
i have the same problem. my husband and i have been married for 3 years and it all of a sudden started happening. every time we have sex it hurts so bad and after wards i will have large cuts all over the inside of my vagina, they will bleed and it hurts to pee because it burns. i told my doctor, she said she thought and it was an issue of vaginal dryness causing friction, she suggested a water based lubricant and it still happens.. so frustrating
i have just got a tear between my vagina and anus!!!It happened after i got a brazilian wax and ive had it for a week and cant get ride of it, i was told to try calamine lotion but i dont think thats helping either!!!Any ideas
i hav th same problem thers a smal cut on th top part of my vagina it hurts wen i pee it stings , i cnt walk and sit properly caus of it , its been like ths since sunday , its nw wedsday , can smeone help me idntknw what to do im only 16 and to scared to tel my parents , wil ths js go away or wil i hav to go doctors ? :O
I have the same tears..I have had only 4 paper cut like tears. they r gone in about 3 or 4 days. Burns when i go to the bathroom or shower. I stoped using my birth control (nuva ring). have not had any tears after i stoped my birth control, Now i just get a crack in between my butt. I have been tested for stds. never been teated for HIV.. Going to get my hiv test done soon. I was told that leison or tears can be from HIV and other things like cancer.. everyone says they have been tested for stds but have the they had blood work done? just wanted to know.. im a little scared.. I have been worried everynight. cant sleep..
hi. i recently had wounds on my vaginal walls due to sex. it would be almost a month now and i think my wounds are healing. i did go to my ob and i was diagnosed to have STD specifically herpes. i took medications such as doxycyline which could kill both good and bad bacteria which may lead to yeast infections. results to my DNA test were negative. my ob's advice was to use a cotton bud and apply betadine feminine wash on the wounds. it will itch when it's about to heal and there would be redness in the vagina up to the anus. do not scratch just use witch hazel or petroleum jelly. use cotton underwear and blow dry to avoid moisture. watch your diet as well don't eat too much sugar coz bacteria feed on sugar
OMG I can't believe the number of people with the same problem as me and still no answers. I've been having this same problem with tearing of the vaginal skin for 3YEARS . I just go tested for all std's and came up negative. I've seen numerous physicians and all they can tell me is to use mild soap when washing down there. These cuts are very painful and I even get them around my anal area. I'm running out of possible solutions.
I have dealt with this since I was 19 and am currently 24. with my first boyfriend I was on alesse and I had a huge problem with the tears but didn't think it could have anything to do with the pill. all the doctors I went to first thought it was herpes even though I have tested negative for both type1 and 2 multiple times. they gave me the cortisone creams and that and it didn't help. I finally went off the birth control pill about 6 months after the problem started and the problem vanished. then with my last boyfriend I was on alesse again and it started so I decided to try a different pill. just to see what would happen. as it happens I tried another low dose pill I switched to tri cyclin lo. I ended up having less issues with it but I also showered immediately after every time we had sex. when looking at the two types of low dose Estrogen pills there is more estrogen in the tri-cyclin lo and this seemed to make it a little better. so I have now with my current boyfriend switched to a higher dose pill and am going with the regular ortho tri-cyclin it has 35mcgs of estrogen while alesse has 20 and tri cyclin-lo has 25. so I will see how this works. at least this time when I went to the doctor she knew about the issue and said it is very uncommon side effect.
i also ben haven dis problem 1st it waz just a bad kase of yeast infection dat it waz really hard 2 get rid of den i shaved down dare n after a wk or 2 it just waz itchin worser i kant lie i used a damp rag 2 sooth da itchin bt dat only helps 4 da moment n if i look down dare i kan c my skin is tearin really painful just didnt want it 2 b sumptin i kant kontrol i now use a&d ointment da white kind after i had my period it just waz alful pads irritate me as well bt my skin is very sensitive n i get checked up bt sumtyms i b skared wat da results 2 b even doe i feel as if nothin wrong so its hard 2 get 2 a clinic 4 me deeze days
OMG, I had these problems for a long time, good to know that I'm not the only one. Few months ago I bought product called Wound Be Gone, now I do not even remember I had these problem.
I have had this same problem for as long as I've been having sex.  I get a small tear at the base of my vagina which makes intercourse incredibly painful.  My husband is very understanding and we find other ways to be sexual together.  Usually it is worse the week before my period.  I usually do not have this problem when I'm ovulating because there is so much more vaginal fluid lubricating the area and more estrogen making the skin thicker.  I believe that the common factor as mentioned previously is a system candida problem.  It is worsened when I drink wine and from working at a health food store for 10 years I know that wine is a culprit in yeast overgrowth.  Systemic yeast is caused by stress, and a high sugar diet.  Coffee, alcohol and other acidic foods and drinks can feed the yeast.  When I am on a no refined sugar diet I do not have the vaginal tearing problem.  When I used to drink heavily I experienced many yeast infections and eye infections, which are related to the liver (ie. drinking).  For all of you suffering I am so sorry because I know how bad this problem *****!  Look into a no refined sugar diet.  This means you can still have honey and agave nectar and other whole unrefined sweeteners.  It also means that you must severely limit your intake of alcohol and coffee if not cut it out completely.  You can do it!!
Viewing 1-200 comments: