Vaginal tears
Does anyone experience vaginal tears from just peeing, going to the bathroom, wiping yourself, or from sex?  

This happens frequently to me and it is very painful - I have gone to the doctor but all they give me is some ointment that does not help (steriod ointment).
steroid ointment not only would not help, but, by thinning the skin if used for prolonged periods, could make it worse. If you haven't seen a gynecologist, you ought to.
I have the same problem. It feels like someone gave you a million papercuts down there. It happens after sex alot. Hurts to wipe. Do you also get a lot of yeast infections-like occurrances? I have an appointment with a NEW GYN on the 27th so hopefully I'll finally get an answer. In the mean time Desitin(diaper rash cream) works for coating the problem area. Good enough for my baby is good enough for me.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets these.  I went to the gyno and she thought it was herpes!  Which, the test came back negative, so it wasn't that.  And I hate having to use the bathroom because if urine runs over the tear, it hurts!! It's also painful to wipe.  And yes, in response to your question, I do get yeast-like infections as well.  I didn't know what to try, I never thought of something like Desitin.  If anyone gets an answer from the doc, let me know!  I'm going to try to schedule another appointment this week to see if she can help me out.
can anyone help me. Lately when I have sex with my husband. I have started to bleed. And it is tearing our relationship apart. could I have a problem. I cant get into see my OB until later in the month..Could I have a tear?
i cant answer whether or not you are tearing in the vaginal area. where is the blood coming from? on the outside, or from inside? if he's being really rough and you are "small" that may cause a little blood. however, if its a lot and often, you should see a dr.
i've been having this problem too!!tearing,bleeding and just alot of irritation down there and the doc told me the same thing that he thought it was herpes but then he said he didn't think it was so i go tomorrow for a biopsy!!!!!how painful!!!i've had a ten pound child and told him that i shouldn't be tearing like this and there is no way it could be herpes cause i've been with the same person for several years and if it was that he would have something wrong with his privates but he's just fine!!!i let you all know tomorrow what he says!!!!              lois
im experiencing the same thing. Although.. i havent had sex. Im quite young and i dont know what im suposed to do. I need help. I wear bathing suits alot since i am a lifeguard and may have a yeast infection. Is there anyone i can talk to??
I am so glad I found this forum.  I too have recently started experienceing tearing after sex. At first the tears were minor and I got over them in about a day. Now, I have experienced more, the doc thought it was herpes (its not) and I'm looking for a new solution!  If anyone finds out how to quicken the healing process...please let me know!
I recently got one of these tears and its incredibly painful. Not even sure what it came from.

Through trial and error I have found that pain medication (advil or tylenol with codiene) helps, sitting on a pillow helps, using a menstral pad helps and using a squirt bottle, like a water bottle with a sports cup, while you are urinating relieves the sting.  The gyn told me it takes about a week to heal. Any other suggestions would be most appreciated...
Its good to know that I
I just read over a few more comment strings and thought it might be helpful to post my history as well.
Gain detergent
Ortho Evera birth control
I do have a history of exema and alergies
no pets
and I live in a fairly dry climate
As I mentioned before my Dr. did test me for herpes and my results came back negative.
I wear thongs, or at least I did before this problem.
No real history with yeast infections or any other infections... in fact I've never even had chicken pox.
I hope this helps someone. I'm being referred to an OBG this week and after reading so many comments on the ointments I'll be sure to say "No thanks" if it comes up.
Thank God I am not the only one!!! Unlike most of you I have herpes, but the tearing is not like a herpes sore. My boyfriend uses alot of chemicals at work and even if he washs his hand I think that the chemicals really effect me when he touches me. I get yeast infections all the time. Between the tears and the infections I have little to no sex life. I also have lots of discharge. I have been to the gyno and had ever test possible done twice. I have found no relief. I am glad I am not the only one but I am so sorry we all have to deal with this.
like most in this forum, i too experience very painful tears in the vaginal area. i have noticed that it usually occurs about a week before i get my period. i get tested every year for stds, and have come up negtive every time. i have been living with this problem for about 2 years. if anyone has any answers please respond to this forum.
Thank goodness I found this forum.  I've been experiencing a burning , like little paper cuts, in my vagina for 5 years and could not find any reason for it even after consulting many doctors.  I must also have vaginal tears!  I have also noticed that the pain usually starts a week before my period.  
I've been with the same boyfriend for 8 yrs,
am taking Alesse birth control,
live in a damp climate,
don't have herpes,
This has really effected my life.  I take several days off work because i can't bear sitting through the day with the pain and my sex life has also suffered since I'm afraid to have sex in fear that it will cause the pain to come back. I've been too embarressed to talk to anyone about it openly before.
This doesn't have much to do with tears, but I do have a question and I'm wondering if anyone else knows the answer. A few days ago I was in a wedding and for the rehersal I wore a thong (I was wearing white pants). Well the thong was too small, and I wore it throughout the next morning while getting my hair done and everything as well... I changed into a different thong for the actual wedding, one that fit and by the end of the night when I went home and got back into regular panties, it hurt. I'm pretty young (21) so I asked my mom and she said it's probably a rash that developed from wearing a thong that's too small.... has anyone ever expereienced something like this? and does it go away just over time??
hey..this is my first post ive been looking for some help, im 16, and have been with a boy i truly love for almost a year now, and he treats me like an angel, and he didnt pressure me into sex or ne thing like that, but i decided i wanted to. Well we have had sex maybe a dozen times, and i started noticing pain, during sex and when i wiped...well i used a  mirror and saw that a piece of my skin down there was partially ripped off...is this considered a tear? what should i do? im really not comfortable going to a doctor....someone please help me. My boyfriend and i have decided to stop until everything is healed, so i guess thats a start...but i still wanna know what to do.
Hi Girls,
I also share your problem. I was also sent to gyno, did herpes test, came back negative, blah blah blah. I'm so frustrated! I did notice that one girl said that she was on Alesse Birth Control, as am I? Is anyone else out of curiousity? I usually tear after sex or a bowl movement. Does anyone else share these symptoms. Thanks - Madison
wow.  same problem here.  tearing from sex and whatnot.  iritaions occur a lot.  seems like there's a problem we have that the doctors don't know the answer to.  i'm going to try and continue to research about this on the net.  it's really hard to do things when you have this contantly bothering you.  stupid women problems we get.  i was starting to wonder if i did infact have an std/i or something (unlikely) but this makes me more hopeful that it's infact something else.
In June a thread ran on vaginal and anal tearing/fissures. I read everyone's comments. I have been suffering from vaginal tears/slices above the clitoris in the folds for years. They would last 4 days, barely heal, and then another one. I was desperate! One comment was hydrocortisone cream. I had some on hand. I tried it. It worked. It doesn't cure it, it will still come back, but it actually closes overnight. A miracle to me. I only use it now when it feels or looks like a split is coming, and it goes away. Someone said since the hydrocortisone cream was helping, that it must be some kind of bacteria. I don't know, but saves your suffering. TRY IT! I don't believe mine had anything to do with lichen sclerosus, vulvar vestibulitis and all of the other ones, which scares you to death. PS The doctor doesn't know either.
just so everyone knows, there is a similar thread with the subject "vagina fissures" that has comments on similar problems.