Varicose Veins in Vulva

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Varicose Veins in Vulva

I have notice a few raised veins on the inside of my labia minora. No other symptoms recently, but during my daily self exam a few weeks back, I began to see a dark line on one side of the inner surface of my vulva just above the vagina. It is not tender, and does not burn or itch, but since yesterday, it has become a raised purple vein. I have had intercourse more frequently than "normal" for me during the last few weeks with no complications, but wonder if this is an issue of concern. Has anyone experienced a textured surface of the vulva that appeared this quickly, and what should I do? I had a gynaecological examination last December, and don't wish to repeat for something trivial. Advice, please!
I still have varicosities on the otherwise smoothe inner surface of my vulva near the vestibule. Not painful or itchy, but I simply can't find an online explanation that matches my changes. I've had this reddish purple "texturing" on the pink, moist parts of the labia minora for about 7 months now, and it has probably gotten more pronounced over that time period. My spouse and I are between health insurance coverage so I canceled my annual PAP & pelvic exam. I am over 50, so if any of you ladies have this, and know something about it, I would very much appreciate a share of information!! I am not really so much worried as I am curious about the cause (blood pressure is normal, non-diabetic, weight within normal range for my stature, no known disorders other than this and a hyperactive sebaceous glandular activity in the area of the vulva. Happy Christmas, ALL!
Since no one has responded to this question, I am going to assume I am unique. However, I am eager to find something that will help me reduce these. Have any of you ever tried Tea Tree Oil to the vulva or introduced it into the vagina? If so, what strength, application method, and what carrier did you use to dilute (olive oil, vitamin E oil, etc)? Very curious, since I have tried using this expensive stuff for cold sores, and wondered if it worked in the nether regions. Good success with the former, just don't want to chemically 'burn' myself. Comments, please!
This issue must not be common or prevalent, as I've not found an iota of info on it to date. I was recently placed on diovan for elevated blood pressure. Since that time (about 3 months) this condition seems to be slightly improved, but I am not sure if it is real or psychosomatic. Anyone out there with varicosities in the labia other than me? Still no med insurance, so hubs & I are pretty much on our own. Thanks.
Did you ever discover what you have? I came across your post today, while searching what the long raised line that just appeared on one side of my vulva in the last couple of days could be. It sounds as though you have something similar that has never gone away? I am about to turn 40. I have fordyce spots on the same side as this new "line," and tend to get yeast infections often. Anything? How did the tea tree oil work?