Women's Health Community
Very short cycle
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Very short cycle

This is possibly a silly question, but my ob/gyn is out of the office for a few days, so I thought I'd ask here.

Can a very short period that only lasts about 2 to 2 1/2 days be a symptom of anything serious?  I have no other symptoms, except a bit of cramping, but the cramping isn't as bad as it was before the period started.

Here's some background: saw my ob/gyn about 3 weeks ago for a checkup.  My periods are very heavy for the first two days, and that concerned her, but everything else was fine.  My entire cycle fluctuates between 25 and 35 days long, and my internist thought I might have PCOS, but the ob/gyn ruled that out.  She didn't think my slight irregularities were a problem.  Everything else was fine, including the pap test.  

So, I don't think there's anything wrong, it's just that my periods are often a few days too long if anything, they're never this short.  This is the first time this has happened.  Could it be anything serious?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Mine are the same length as yours and are completely normal. I am 39 now and noticed the change and irregular cycle time begin about 2-3 yrs ago. I don't think there's anything serious going on. You're hormones are just changing for whatever reason. I've known lots of women who've had similar cycle issues. The only thing is if you think it was really light then you could be pregnant and should take a pregnancy test to rule that out.

I hope this helps a litte :-)
Blank
Thanks for the reply!  Since I'm 35 I guess I am getting to the age where those female issues are about to change.  I shouldn't complain, a short period is nice, but it's never happened before.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...