Vitamin C and menstrual cycle late???
The problem is as follows:
My girlfriends menstrual cycle is for the second time late, last month was with a week and now is again late. We have been having sex (with conodoms) , but she was sick (nothing much only flu) and she has been taking (and now is sick too and taking) a lot of vitamin c (about 500-600mg per day). Can this affect her monthly cycle? Or we must go to e genecologyst??
I don't think vitamin C has anything to do with her being late...I would see her gyno especially since this isn't the first time it had happend. Is she on birth control? Has she taken a pregnancy test to be sure?
ok what is gyno? I am not from an english speaking country an d i have no idea. No we havent done a pregnancy test, but we think of seening a doctor. In the last days i have read a lot about this topic and i raad that taking a lot of vitan c (500-1000 mg a day) can affect the liver which on the other hand affects the break down of a female hormone ( estrogene or progesterol) i think, and this can have some effect on the mestruation. I wanterd to ask someone with nore experince on the matter. Because it is not from one place that i have heard that with vitamin c you can make your cycle late, but  since i cant test it on me (i am a man after all) and my girlfriend hasent tried it i wanted to have a unbiast opnion on the matter.
A Gyno is a gynecologist, a reproductive doctor for females. Is your girlfriend on birth control? If she is that could mess up her cycle too. I have never heard of vitamin c doing anything to your mestral cycle, but if you have then I suggest you see a doctor about this whole situation.
Stress can have a major effect on a woman's mentral cycle. I'm not sure what country you're in, do you have birth control pills? It's hormones a woman can take to prevent pregnancy. I was doing searches online and still couldn't find anything about vitamin c...but I really do think she should see a doctor to be sure. Good Luck
ok sorry another question " What do you meen by birth control?". O and there is another thing she has been under a lot of stress lately can that have some effect.
Here is something about vitamin c and abortion(DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME, AND IF YOU WANT CONSULT YOU DOCTOR BEFORE THAT). [url=http://www.sisterzeus.com/Hsp1shlp.htm]http://www.sisterzeus.com/Hsp1shlp.htm[/url]
o and yeah we have pills like that but my girldriend doesnt use.
vitamins mess up my menstrual cycle, if i miss even one of my iron tabets my period can be late by up to three days, it's really annoying, i miss maybe my doctor would have told me this when she prescribed them to me it would of saved me a lot of money spent on preg tests