Women's Health Community
Vitamin C and menstrual cycle late???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vitamin C and menstrual cycle late???

The problem is as follows:
My girlfriends menstrual cycle is for the second time late, last month was with a week and now is again late. We have been having sex (with conodoms) , but she was sick (nothing much only flu) and she has been taking (and now is sick too and taking) a lot of vitamin c (about 500-600mg per day). Can this affect her monthly cycle? Or we must go to e genecologyst??
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
108334_tn?1253647995
I don't think vitamin C has anything to do with her being late...I would see her gyno especially since this isn't the first time it had happend. Is she on birth control? Has she taken a pregnancy test to be sure?
Blank
ok what is gyno? I am not from an english speaking country an d i have no idea. No we havent done a pregnancy test, but we think of seening a doctor. In the last days i have read a lot about this topic and i raad that taking a lot of vitan c (500-1000 mg a day) can affect the liver which on the other hand affects the break down of a female hormone ( estrogene or progesterol) i think, and this can have some effect on the mestruation. I wanterd to ask someone with nore experince on the matter. Because it is not from one place that i have heard that with vitamin c you can make your cycle late, but  since i cant test it on me (i am a man after all) and my girlfriend hasent tried it i wanted to have a unbiast opnion on the matter.
Blank
108334_tn?1253647995
A Gyno is a gynecologist, a reproductive doctor for females. Is your girlfriend on birth control? If she is that could mess up her cycle too. I have never heard of vitamin c doing anything to your mestral cycle, but if you have then I suggest you see a doctor about this whole situation.
Blank
108334_tn?1253647995
Stress can have a major effect on a woman's mentral cycle. I'm not sure what country you're in, do you have birth control pills? It's hormones a woman can take to prevent pregnancy. I was doing searches online and still couldn't find anything about vitamin c...but I really do think she should see a doctor to be sure. Good Luck
Blank
ok sorry another question " What do you meen by birth control?". O and there is another thing she has been under a lot of stress lately can that have some effect.
Blank
Here is something about vitamin c and abortion(DO NOT DO THIS AT HOME, AND IF YOU WANT CONSULT YOU DOCTOR BEFORE THAT). [url=http://www.sisterzeus.com/Hsp1shlp.htm]http://www.sisterzeus.com/Hsp1shlp.htm[/url]
o and yeah we have pills like that but my girldriend doesnt use.
Blank
vitamins mess up my menstrual cycle, if i miss even one of my iron tabets my period can be late by up to three days, it's really annoying, i miss maybe my doctor would have told me this when she prescribed them to me it would of saved me a lot of money spent on preg tests
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...