Vomiting every morning after drinking the night before..not normal.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I admit the fact that I am an 18 year old alcoholic. But the thing is I drink almost daily & I can handle my liquor better than sailors can (i know for a fact) & I do not get sick or get hangovers. I have even been drinking alot less & I still get sick every day until the afternoon. & I cannot eat anything & hold it down.
Well I am on birth control, but it doesnt work on your period. So my bf and I had alot of sex while I was on my period a little over a week ago & he came inside me. The next day I stopped bleeding. So I went to the doctor before I started my BC pills again to make sure I wasn't pregnant. The results came in negative, but I told them about that & they said it would be too soon to tell. So I am wondering if I am pregnant would my stomach be weaker in the morning if I drank the night before? Becuase I have been vomiting for a few days every morning.
My friend thinks I am, but she says if I am not pregnant I might have an ulser. I dont have much pains except my back & having nausea & lower abdominal pains. I have been REALLY stressed out & depressed lately so that could be true too...but I think I would be experiencing the pain from it not just the nausea.
what do you think???
justlittleolme said exactly what I was thinking. If your drinking has caused even just a little liver damage, it hinders the liver's ability to break down alcohol. Which means that more alcohol stays in your blood, and it takes less to get drunk, and less to get sick.

At the rate you're going, you'll never make it to 30. You should seriously consider getting some help.
if you are drinking daily then eventually you can and most likely will cause enough liver damage to not be able to handle alchol as well..,.. and that sounds like what is happening. You should go see a dr and tell them how much you drink .. be honest so they can help you.

I know drinking is wonderful.. I know I have an issue with binge drinking on Saturday nights (I mean a whole bottle of straight vodka) and now that I know how dangerous it is, I too am trying to stay away,,, to be honest 8 weeks ago I could drink a whole bottle and get an hour of sleep and feel wonderful... last weekend however I was REALLY ill on Sunday... I think its finally catching up with me and its enough to make we want to stop.. but I know how hard it is... so hang in there!
Honey pie, despite the elation or feeling of freedom or the numbing that comes from drinking, it is also a drug.  It's addictive and it is physically damaging too.  And people do it to self-medicate, never such a great idea no matter how painful life is because we aren't the ones who should be prescribing body-altering substances to ourselves.  (We justify too easily and don't stop.)  If you can, take the issue very seriously.  A friend of mine is in jail now after her seventh drunken-driving arrest, she is so lucky she didn't kill someone, but I still don't think her addiction is anything she takes seriously as a health issue or a safety concern for herself or anyone else.  Please don't live in denial.  Try, if you can find the strength, just one AA meeting, or Women for Sobriety.  You will be amazed at the depth of connectedness you can feel there.  Good luck, sweetheart.  Pregnancy would just be one of your problems that could come from binging.
I also doubt that you're pregnant... when did you start drinking?  my dad was also alcoholic, and now he's paying for it... he has lung, heart and liver problems.
I doubt you are pregnant. the pill still works while you are on your period. you have enough hormones built up so you are protected. as far as the drinking goes, maybe you should slow down a little bit. I have lost two very close people in my life to drinking.
Getting sick in the morning is a sign that your body is breaking down from the constant abuse.  My ex used to drink more than a case of beer a day. He would wake up and puke every morning and wouldn't have any appetite until after noon.  Not normal.
The pill works by suppressing ovulation, so you're equally protected while on your period.

I would strongly urge you to get help for your drinking and your depression. You're young, but alcoholism will take its toll on your body, your life, and your relationships a lot faster than you think. See your doctor about your nausea/vomiting, but also make sure you talk to him/her about your treatment options. There are residential facilities and outpatient treatments available. You've already taken the first step by admitting you have a problem :-)
I suggest that whilst you are at the doctor you ask him for alternative birth control besides the pill.
Please please please get some help for your drinking and depression. If you drink to help your symptoms of depression please know that there are options nowadays--you don't have to live with depression. You can seek therapy, try medication or a combination of both.
Best of luck to you. I hope that you choose to seek help. Stopping now will greatly increase your rate of recovery because of your age. Just think, you have so much to look forward too. Love, marriage, career, becoming a Mommy. Life is so different when you are sober, and in the long run, it is better. It is hard, but you can do it. I believe in you!
18.. that is so young..I think you should get some help, I know you want to see your 21st birthday.
Is there any reason why you started to drink? I know thats a personal question, but we all love to help you:)
Take care and becareful okay..