WHAT COLOR IS A NORMAL VAGINAL DISCHARGE?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

HELLO..PLEASE TELL ME IF ANYONE KNOWS WHAT THE NORMAL COLOR OF A VAGINAL DISCHARGE SHOULD BE? THANKS
it could be milky color, or a yellow color, or even clear. It depends on why you are having discharge. Is there an odor, or any burning or itching? that could be a yeast infection.
Hope that Helps!!!
Shells
A normal color would be clear or milky white anything other then that seek help from doctor.

Help! I have a clear discharge but i have noticed that it sometimes has an odd odor. I noticed it about 3 days after breaking up with my finance... I'm a bit worried. It doesnt burn and its not itchy or anything it just smells a bit odd. I'm kinda worried. But on the other hand I'm scrared to death about going to the doc.

If you can give me any hints to what it might be I would be so happy.

Thanks!

shaz
first, i just want to start off by saying you should NOT be afraid to go to the dr.! they are there to help you and to clear anything you may have away. i do not hesitate to call my dr. when something isnt right. for a variety of reasons: i dont want it to get worse, i get scared and want to relax my worries, i want it to go away. i dont care what it is or how i got it, i call. they have seen and heard everything before. anyway, i forgot what you asked? oh, discharge. we all have some type of discharge and it can smell at times. its when it REALLY has a foul odor (such as fishy) is when it could be some type of bacterial infection. you didnt say how it smelled? if something is different with you and its not normal for you then you should give the dr. a call before it gets worse. in the meantime, just describe a bit more for us and maybe we can help?