WHAT IS THIS!?!?!?!?!?! im SCARED!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

WHAT IS THIS!?!?!?!?!?! im SCARED!

ok well i was taking a bath when i saw this weird little bump on my vegina and i thought it was a zit, and it would go away...nope it got red and pea size. im not sure what it is. but it doesnt hurt. i only shaved like 3 times down there in the past year. i think and HOPE its an ingrown hair BUT i just dont know. im only 16 and i HOPE I DONT HAVE CANCER THERE! please i really need help finding out what this is. i cant even tell my mom she might take me in the DR and im afraid of them. so i just want some advice on this so i dont have to go in. i feel weird when people look at my vegina.
Tags: Cancer, zit
It very well could be an ingrown hair. If you look closely can you see a hair in the bump? I wouldn't worry about it being cancer.

If this is an ingrown hair you can try remove it. Hold a warm washcloth on it to soften the skin. You can then either very gently press around the pustule to try and get the hair to come to the surface or you can take a pair of STERILIZED tweezers and lift the hair out, try not to pluck it out just gently lift it out so that only the root is still in your skin.
If this isn't an ingrown hair you really should go to the doctor, there is no reason to be afraid.
well it kinda looks like an ingrown hair but when i opend it all that came from it was blood.

ill have to show my mom, and i know i wont like it. but i just dont want this to get worse.

thank you so much!
i really appreciate it!
Hi ya,
dont touch it anymore, in case it gets infected... yeah I think you will need to see a doctor - and dont worry, they will make you feel really comfortable (as much as you can be) and you can have your mom or a nurse present if it helps.
PS they look at vaginas and things all the time as part of their jobs, its just one of those things.  In fact they will probably only need to look for a few secs and then it will be all over!  
good luck :)  
ps if it does turn out to be an ingrown hair - maybe you should look at not shaving, as this can cause ingrown hairs and look at alternatives instead, or make sure you exfoliate,as this can help to reduce ingrown hairs....