Water Breaks but no contractions

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Water Breaks but no contractions

My first birth happened after my water broke and over 12 hours passed with no contractions.  I went to the hospital and was given Pitocin to induce contractions.  My second birth happened similarly.  My water broke (slow trickle), I waited a few hours before deciding that nothing was going to happen.  So I went to the hospital and once again was given Pitocin to start contractions.  I am now pregnant with my 3rd and was wondering if anyone has experienced a similar situation, but was able to get contractions started on your own.  Or how long did you wait before seeking medical intervention?  I want to hear your stories :)
your asking how long do you wait before seeking medical intervention after your water breaks....? the answer is RIGHT AWAY you dont keep waiting like you have in the past.  you go to the hospital asap. you dont wait for contractions to start like you also have. when your water breaks you risk getting an infection that can be passed to the baby
Hi there. It was the same for me with baby #1. My water broke but no contractions. I was also induced.

My doctor told me I had to get to the hospital right away as well so that I would not risk infection. I was hooked up to an antibiotic when I got there. I would not wait if your water breaks this next time. Good luck!