Weight loss in early pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Weight loss in early pregnancy

Hey everyone! I am 5 weeks pregnant! I am feeling great, a little tired in the afternoon, but other than doing awesome! I have one small concern though...I feel as If I am losing weight, not gaining it like I am supposed to. I eat 3 small meals a day and 6-7 snacks in between. Just curious if this is normal. I don't have a scale at home, but if you know your body, than you know that you are losing some lbs! Let me know!
during my 2nd pregnancy i lost 17 lbs but it was because i was eating better and not as much (wasnt hungry) but my doctor said she was not concerned about it at all because the baby was growing just fine.
Do you work? If you do work in a factory or anything they might has a scale there where you can keep track. Everyone's body is differnet so I would ask your doctor.If you live close to family see if they have a scale you can use until you find out what is going on. Not many people really use the scale that often so I don't think you using it would cause a problem. Do you eat until you are full or do you stop yourself? Remeber you are eatting for 2 people now but don't over due it. That is all I can tell you sense I haven't been pg yet.
No I work in a hair salon and I sit most of the day. I have been walking about a mile every morning, so maybe I am just toning up and not losing weight. oh well, I go to see my doctor on monday and I will see my weight then. Thanks for the advice! Baby dust to you.
my mom said that she lost weight during the 1st trimester with all 5 of her pregnancies and had healthy normal babies. im not a doctor but i dont think its anything to lose sleep over. u might want 2 ask ur doctor just in case. :)
Congrats, you must be so excited!I lost weight first 3-4 months,The first two months I just lost a few pounds because wasn't trowing up yet, but the 3rd and 4th month was horrible. I wasn't eating much, and anything I ate came right back out. So I think it might be normal to loose weight the first trimester. Through my whole pregnancy I gained 20 pounds. Good Luck!
During my first pregnancy, I lost weight because I was so sick I couldn't stand the thought of eating anything!  The doctor told me this was fine, just to be sure I was still taking my prenatal vitamins, and to eat when I could and make sure what I did get was good in nutritional value.  Hope this helps!
weight loss in the first trimaster is perfectly normal. after that you will naturally start gaining.
I lost weight with both of my pg's--and I was never sick--I think when you find out  you start to cut out some of the bad things you eat and watch everythign you do--so as long as th baby grows fine there is nothing to worry about--I ended up only gaining 17lbs with each pgcy due to eating a low carb diet and cutting out a lot of my favorite things--but I was much better for it and had two helathy boys over 8 1/2lbs.
don't worry i lost weight in early pregnancy my doctor said it was perfectly normal and that it occured in a lot of pregnancies hey i lost 15 pounds during early pregnancy enjoy it because you will definitely gain it back in the 2nd or 3rd trimester.