Weird feeling in chest and left side ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Weird feeling in chest and left side ?

Hey there ! I'm a 20 year old female and lately I've been having these weird chest feelings. I don't want to call them a "pain" because it doesn't hurt nor does it interfere with anything, I can just feel it and I know its there. So it's mostly on the left side, Under the breast and also right above the left breast it feels bruised. I have a pinching sensation that comes on and off around my elbow. The bruised feeling above my breast tends to be there more often then the feeling below my breast. I'm just wondering are these signs that are possibly leading up to a heart attack ? e
Ok, I don't like to take chest pains lightly!  So you know I am going to suggest you get checked out - please.  It could be absolutely nothing, or something minor but nevertheless when it comes to chest pains, I always suggest seeing a doctor.  When I was around 20 I had chest pains that were sooooo painful that I went to an urgent care.  Turns out the joints in my chest were infected.  Kinda hard to explain, but it was the joints that allow movement in your chest and arms.  I was given some meds for treatment (can't remember what it was now) and it never came back again.  Maybe somebody else can provide some answers as well, but I strongly urge you to get this checked out.  Then let us know how it goes :)  Good luck to you!
Hi there, I did go to the doctors last night, he said that it is just tendentious, he said a lot of mothers get that from carrying the baby on one side. Which makes perfect sense because my daughter favors the left side, and it's more comfortable carrying her on my left side. But I did ask for an EKG and some blood work to get done.
I'm so glad you went to the doctor and had this checked out :)  Thanks for letting us know how it went too, I like that!