Weird smell

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Weird smell

This is really wierd. lol But for 2 days my pee smells really nasty. It looks normal But it has this acidy smell.. Almost like (haha get this) Ya know how a 9 volt battery tastes when you touch it to your tongue (yes i had an older brother that used to test batteries out on me lol)Well thats how my pee smells. Kinda acidy, sweet smelling. I have a bladder infection about once every other month and this is nothing like that. Just wondering if anyone else experienced anything like this before.
Kendrea
It could be something that you ate, maybe if you started a new vitamin or supplement.  Maybe you haven't been drinking enough fluids.  If this doesn't sound like it then I would drink lots of water for a couple of days to clear out your system.  And then if it doesn't clear up you should call your doc.
I have never heard of anything like that. Have you eaten anything different lately? I know asparagus (sp?) does something strange to your urine, but don't remember what it does to it.

Are you on any meds like bactrium..or anything..penicillon( i spelled that so wrong sorry. it can come through your urine..and I agree with the above ladies. that some foods you eat as well...and maybe it is a UTI..and it just different this time..I would reccomend drinking lots of cranberry juice and water, aand if it doesnt clear within a few days talk to your dr. you may have a UTI sounds like...But only a dr. will no whats really going on. Let us know what happened.

*~Mrs.Jones~*
nalla. I'm glad you mentioned that about the aspargus. I noticed something really funky myself after eating that stuff, and I won't eat it anymore because it isn't very pleasant. glad it's not just me!!
Hi Kychick. It could be something you ate but, I had something just like that and turned out I had a UTI. Had no pain or anything when I went pee so, I was shocked. Might want to check into that also.