What causes this?????

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

What causes this?????

I'm 23 years old... No kids...sexually active same and only guy for the last year and a half...We do use protection sometimes... Im on birth control which is called Microgestin 1/20 I've been taking it for at least 6 months now first time birth control user...At first I had btb(break through bleeding) for at least a month then it finally decreased and went away.... Now maybe the 6th month I've had at least 2 cycles in this month of November... the 31st of Oct. til the 6th of November... Then maybe a week of rest if that then I started bleeding again and it stop for a few days then it seems just about every day now I've been having this issue... Could someone tell me what is the cause of this bleeding??? Could it be something else or just the birth control not matching with my body??  I'm just looking for some input and then go to either my obgyn or my family doctor for extra help.....
Avatar dr f tn
How are you? Were you able to see your gynecologist regarding the irregular menstruation? Aside from hormone issues from your birth control, irregular menstruation may be attributed to infection, stress, change in diet or exercise routine, recent weight loss or weight gain,  illness or gynecological issues such as polyps or fibroids. If this persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and do keep us posted.
KTowne Little man's name will be W... Comment
1 min ago
Spikums added the Menstrual Cycle Tracker
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals