What do you think I could have?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

What do you think I could have?

Hi, I'm almost 17 and I've been seeing this guy for a few months now and I "jumped the gun" and went down on him -.- I  didn't do the full job though...I just kinda played around with it and stuff and I'm pretty sure I got my sore throat afterwards...I have a sore throat, low grade fever, and difficulty swallowing...I went to the doctor yesterday and they did a strep test on me and it came up negative but they still put me on antibiotics...now the guy said he's only been with one girl before and I believe him..but I googled it and I'm afraid it could be gonorrhea....now I'm pretty sure the antibiotics will clear it up if it is that..but still...the doc said she doesn't know what it is but it seems like my throat is infected pretty bad...and my temp at the docs was 100 and I had swollen lymph nodes...can anyone put some of their input in this? Do you think it is just a throat infection or gonorrhea? -.- fml.
Don't always trust what you read when googling stuff. The information is almost always wrong, or misinformed. Did you get this sore throat the day after? If so, then it's likely to be anything gonorrhea related. It can take 205 days for symptoms to occur after having contact with someone who has it.

I think it's more likely you just have a throat infection, but it just coincided with you giving oral sex to this guy. I'd get you both tested for it though, just in case.
I wouldn't mind getting tested because it would be nice to know because I've given it to another guy I was seeing awhile ago and...sadly guys can lie...-.- but I don't want my mom knowing -.-
I just wanted to add from my experience. A certain ex of mine was uncircumsized. Shortly after I had given him oral, I received a really sore throat. I had gotten sores all in the back of my throat and it hurt really bad. I think I had it for at least 3 weeks. I know I didn't "catch" anything from him because he was a virgin, and so was I, and we hadn't been with anyone else at all. We ended up seperating at some point, on good terms but we never messed around again after that. For a long time I thought maybe it was just an extreme case of strep or something(because I didn't get tested). But now I strongly believe it was a bad case of oral thrush. It seems to make more sense to me, with how I felt. It was the only time it ever happened to me. I have NEVER had a sore throat like that any other time.
So maybe you can look up Oral Thrush and see if it links to your problem in anyway.
Oral thrush is definitely possible. And can be passed back and forth like the other thrush too. You'd notice it on your tongue though and maybe in the back of your throat as well.