What does Inhomogeneous Uterus Mean
I am 52 yrs old, according to my female hormone blood work - I am in menopause. My mother had Uterine Cancer.
My last period was Sept. 2012 and the time before that was in May 2012. Along with the heavier bleeding, I also experience severe back pain (during menses) and moderate back pain after. I have awful hot flashes, In ability to concentrate, my emotions are a roller coaster. My GYN ordered a vaginal ultrasound - the ultra sound showed the following  - The uterus is normal in size measuring 6.6x3.2x3.4cm. The myometral texture is inhomogeneous. The endrometrial echo complex is normal measuring 2.4mm. The left ovary measures 2.0x1.4x1.7cm. The right ovary measures 1.8x0.9x1.7cm. There is no free fluid in the cul-de-sac. The urinary baldder is unremarkable in appearance.
IMPRESSION: Inhomogeneous Uterus
My GYN took a biopsy in the office. I'm not sure what all this means. She took the biopsy because of my mothers history of Uterine cancer. Is having an Inhomogeneous Uterus an indication that I may have Uterine Cancer?
I think it means they are on the lookout for fibroids forming, but you should google "inhomogeneous uterus" and see what you get.
I did google it-all I get is inhomogeneous means not the same.
Don't google "inhomogeneous" by itself, put it with "uterus" and you get a lot of hits.  Here is a good one:  http://forums.webmd.com/3/gynecology-exchange/forum/22086